The Remington Conversion is a well made and reliable revolver and was the most accurate tested. We did not test a cap-and-ball cylinder, but this is a plus for some shooters. [3] The .45 caliber M1882 cartridge would be officially replaced by the .38 Long Colt in 1892 but would remain in production until 1896. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Item Number: KK R58 KP45C PR Manufacturer: Kirst Konverter Company Manufacturer UPC Code: 172.245 Add to a new shopping list Email this page to a friend This is the "Pale Rider" style Conversion Cylinder Assembly, it will convert your 1858 Remington Pietta to .45 Long Colt. I don't recall any mention of magazine configuration, just an admonition not to use 230 gr bullets in rifles. The rim is large enough that it cannot be loaded in adjacent chambers in the rod-ejector Colt model. After I acquire some more Cowboy ammunition, it will be back to the range with the Uberti 1858 Remington New Army Conversion revolver. It turns out, the ole gun has aged just fine. Kirst Konverters are precision CNC machined from 4140 steel and heat-treated for strength and durability. They were mainly based upon the Colt Model 1855 Sidehammer Pocket Revolver developed by Elisha K. Root. Manufacturer #: 1858-P-45LC-6. IMPROVED CAT.15343, RGT58 CONVERSION 8 LOADING LEVER ASSEMBLY, 1858 NEW ARMY 8 .44-40 REV. Thats tight, my friend! Pietta Stainless 1858 Remington Navy 38 SPL, Fluted 6 Round $ 300.00 - $ 435.00. Uberti has installed a hammer block into the hammer that is activated by a small screw. Ammunition such as the following will be fine to use in this revolver: Since the range that I frequent is less than a mile from the gun shop, and since I had purchased a box of PROGRADE .45 Colt 250-grain Cowboy Grade at a discount at the LGS, it would only be natural of me to head to the range. It is comfortable to handle and fire, but it doesnt have the natural point of the Colt type. Also note the Very Tight Forcing Cone to Cylinder Gap .004 inches On This Revolver. Taking a look at the Uberti replica of a Remington 1858 Cartridge Conversion. Interestingly, the Remington, with its 8-inch barrel, developed the lowest velocity of the three revolvers. 99% of the time, a rimmed cartridge like the 30/30, lays the point of the bullet off center of the primer of the round in front of it, when loaded in the tube. The .45 Colt replaced the .50 caliber Model 1871 Remington single shot pistol and the various cap-and-ball revolvers converted to take metallic cartridges in use at the time. Im much more of a Glock/2011-type of guy and revolvers arent really my thing, but I was still comfortably putting half-inch groups in the paper at twenty feet and three-inch groups at twenty yards, so Id call the gun more accurate than I am. So, what about our modern version? But its not for carrying concealed. The Remington delivers on fun shooting and authenticity. lube with lee alox. The U.S. Army's .45 Colt round used in its M1909 revolver, which had a barrel of 5.5 inches (140mm), fired a 250-grain (16g) bullet at a muzzle velocity of 738ft/s (225m/s), giving a muzzle energy of 297ftlbf (403J). 1% of the time it doesn't, that idjit is the guy that sat at the bench next to me. The old West may have been won with the Peace Maker, but there are DOZENS of other outstanding firearms that helped! For more information and to see quantity in stock, click the "More Info" button. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. Lucky for me, his left forearm took most of the steel, brass, and wood shrapnel. Give me a nice cartridge revolver any day. Purchased this year. I have always loved the firearms from the Civil War era and have fired a Navy .36 caliber percussion revolver (which was also a replica) that belonged to a friend, who was also a replica of a Confederate soldier once he got into costume. While the Colt remained popular, the Smith & Wesson M1875 Army Schofield Revolver was approved as an alternate, which created a logistical problem for the Army. After leaving home at the age of ten without any shoes, Taurian continues on with many years devoted to the keeping and bearing of arms. The trigger guard is pure brass, which compliments the smooth walnut grips and blued steel of the revolver. Please click on the "More Info" button for additional information and to read the . The shell ejector rod has a lever that is locked into place by what used to be a loading lever. Mother-of-pearl, chrome, goldwhatever you like, really. Back in the day the conversions done to firearms was actually to be able to shoot metal cartridges. For me, the modern cartridge version is definitely the way to go. I soon found out that a true 6 oclock sight picture was needed as the first two rounds went high with my usual center the barrel on the target preferred sight picture. Kimber 1911 Stainless LW Night Guard 45 ACP + F. (17) $799.00 $599.00 Add to Cart Sale! A substantial hammer strikes an internal firing pin to ignite the primer and send the cartridge downrange. I have the Pietta 1858, (from cabelas, blued) with the Taylors conversion cyclinder for 45 colt. Select Blue, Stainless, Antique, Fluted Blue or Fluted Stainless. Can I shot 45 long colt jhp in my 1858 conversion? Plenty more videos to come, so subscribe if you'd like to, like my Facebook page, and give me some feedback! I just do not want to blow my hand off! Maybe off-topic, but IMHO the key to good results with cast is to use a bullet sized at, or better, .001 - .002 above groove diameter. I may earn a small part of the sale from links to any products or services on this site. percussion revolver to a 6 shot .45 LC cartridge shooting firearm. They still used black powder because smokeless powder wasn't around yet. I have to agree with you, Emmet. Add to cart. .38/.38 Spl. Though many percussion revolvers were on the market before during and after the Civil War no firearm offered such a challenge to the dominant Colt revolvers as did the 1858 Remington. Perhaps not as easily dismantled for cleaning the Remington 1858 was full framed and capable of bearing under greater abuse than the open-top design of the Colt. European American Armory Bounty Hunter Case Hardened 7.5" 45 Long Colt Revolver $ 504.49. Taylor's & Company Conversion Cylinder 44 Caliber Pietta 1858 Remington Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 45 Colt (Long Colt) 6-Round. [14], .45 Colt shown alongside other cartridges. Each chamber in the cylinder is also recessed. ( 29) Write a Review Q&A (20) Our Price: $289.99. This conversion cylinder will allow you to convert your 1858 Remington Pietta .44 cal. gear. If someone used . The Taylors replica is a six-shot 45 Colt, taking some liberty with originality but making for a far more practical firearm. Remove from Compare Add to Compare. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Further troubles were caused by the fact that the Schofield cartridge rim was too wide to load into adjacent chambers in the colt cylinder, turning the Colt into a three shooter, if the wrong ammunition was sent to that particular outpost. The top-break Schofield was way out of the range of my budget; the 1858 Remington New Army Conversion was within it and it won out. The revolver lined up on target, and the raters enjoyed firing it. Also have fantastic accuracy with 45 colt. Get more enjoyment from your revolver by having more options. A feature we did not care for was a safety set into the hammer. This means that the actual thickness of each chamber is less than .074 inches. I have no experience with Pietta. These handguns are reliable and hit hard. Cowboy loads usually clock about 650 fps, so we felt there was some danger of a bullet sticking in the barrel. The Uberti Remington 1858 Cartridge Conversion, It shipped in Ubertis relatively plain brown box, and came with nothing but a manual, but what else do you need? Let me know in the comments below and Ill be more than happy to talk your ear off. This conversion cylinder will allow you to convert your 1858 Remington Uberti .44 cal. New Pietta 1851 1860 1861 .36 / .44 Pistol -- NAVY -- BRASS TRIGGER GUARD . We already have an account registered for email address The grip slopes downward, inward slightly, and flares at the bottom. This "Gated" Stainless Steel conversion cylinder will convert your 1858 Remington Uberti to .45 (Long) Colt. Reply. Matthew Collins is a writer, editor, competitive shooter, hobby-level gunsmith and general firearms enthusiast. Okay, maybe not really sacrilege. Please click on "More Information", This is a Kirst Mason Speed Ejector Assembly, it is designed to be used with all Kirst .22, .45, and .38 caliber 1858 Konvertors. this is a real good cowboy load. But I stilol think that our rather ill-informed and fairly dumb ancestors probably dumped whatever ammo they had into the breech and got away with it. Uberti has a nice line of open-top conversions that might interest you as well as they do me. My Lazercast .452 are 230 gr. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Essentially, the loading lever prevents the cylinder pin from moving forward under recoil. Couple questions here: I have tried the Tipton brand, but the brass primer, although softer than the firing pin, deforms to a point where the snap cap is ineffective. stopped most production of the Colt 1860 Army that was the Unions primary sidearm. Our research indicates that at a time when quality new production revolvers cost around $25, an existing cap-and-ball revolver could be converted for $5 to $10. Shades of Bill Ruger Even In Reproductions!! The simple rear-notch and front post sights are a bit rudimentary but are quick enough to line up for those precision shots, while still remaining fine enough for some target work. Uberti top quality firearms replicas from 1959. $28.59. I recently purchased a Kirsk .45 Long Cold cartridge converter for my Pietta 1858 Remington .44 cap and ball. Round nose or pointed bullets in a tubular magazine can strike the primer of the cartridge in front of them hard enough to cause ignition in certain conditions, i.e. Both are very accurate with both loads one-handed is what I usually shoot from them, the same as my 1873 SAA Uberti with cowboy loads. The Remington 1858 came in three flavors, .31(Pocket) .36 (Navy) and .44 (Army). I had no issues with the gun going bang over the course of 450 rounds and six trips to the range, which is to be expected. fill the case, much easier to use than trail boss. Quickview. The once loading plunger can also be used to lock the barrel into place as it would when loading a ball into the chamber, but is no longer used for that purpose. We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. The revolvers heavy weight makes recoil surprisingly light, even with full-power .45 Long Colt, and the target and cowboy action loads I ran through it were almost embarrassingly soft-shooting. Knowing that I would probably have to order an 1858 Remington New Army Conversion, I made the call. The revolver indexes with a slight click as you load the chambers. This revolver retains the ability to fire black powder in the cap-and-ball fashion if the shooter purchases a black-powder cylinder. Its not meant to be wielded by thin-skinned modern gun writers who arent used to thumbing back the hammer hundreds of times per range trip. Uberti has been manufacturing replicas of early firearms for quite a while and have a reputation of being as close to the original design but with more modern steel and manufacturing. Read on to discover which revolver you may enjoy the most and to see which one fits your style. http://www.uberti.com/cartridge-revolvers, 1871 Navy Colt Conversion (Early Version) by A. Uberti, Rediscovering (Early) Revolvers | Gun Toters, GALCO SCOUT 3.0 STRONGSIDE & CROSSDRAW IWB HOLSTER, Monstrum Red Laser Sight System with Picatinny Mount. Out of stock. Many Kirst Konverter products replicate thoserequired by the US army after the civil war to meet the new demand for cartridge shooting revolvers. and being too much of a fancy-shmancy gun writer to have read the manual and found out about it. A new breech face with a loading gate was added. CZ SCORPION Evo Pistol 9mm OD Green 91355 . "More Info. percussion revolver to a six shot .45 LC cartridge shooting firearm. In the end, it was Pale Rider that did it for me. Nostalgia plays a part in this interest, and so does Cowboy Action Shooting. Uberti did a great job with this one, and while its not quite a target trigger, Im confident that if you do your part, youll be able to put shots on target without the trigger getting in the way. He was amazed at how well the revolver was balanced and especially liked the trigger pull. Taylors & Company 1858 Remington Conversion 45 Colt. . I picked up a box of cowboy action .45 Long Colt from my local gun store (big thanks to Franklin Gun Shop in Athens, GA for handling the transfer for me and generally just being a great bunch of folks to work with) and was off to play cowboy. This conversion cylinder will allow you to convert your 1851 Navy or 1860 Army Pietta .44 cal. Modern rifles with strong actions (such as the Winchester Model 1894, Marlin Model 1894, and new clones of the Winchester Model 1892) chambered for the cartridge can safely handle the heavier loadings. The pistol is new. Sighting down this pistol is like driving a 1935 Duisenberg; the 8 barrel just seems to go on forever. Oh, and if you arent willing to shell out new car kinds of money on an original, give Uberti a try. Unloading the revolver is only allowed at the half-cock position, which allows the cylinder to spin freely. In 1868, the 1858 Remington New Army was redesigned to fire metallic cartridges, five rounds of .46 caliber, and was eventually chambered in .45 Long Colt and also .44-40 by gunsmiths. Big thanks to Ashley over at Taylors and Co for telling me about it without laughing at me when I had issues with it. Several groups were under 2 inches, the best of the test. Description Uberti 1858 New Army Conversion 45 Long Colt Revolver The Remington 1858 New Army Conversion was among the first of the Civil War percussion era revolvers converted to fire metallic cartridges. These revolvers may be modern in origin, but they lack none of the old-world style and class of the originals. I guess that Uberti believes that we are not smarter than our fore fathers and opted to install this ridiculous safety mechanism. Overall, the gun feels solid, and functions reliably. Actually, it looks like Titegroup is the only powder I have used in .45 Colt no matter what weight bullet I have loaded. Any .454 Casull revolver will chamber and fire .45 Colt and .45 Schofield, but not the inverse due to the Casull's longer case. very accurate powder. So, the Army came up with a short case narrow rim cartridge that only held 26 grains of black powder that could be used in both revolvers. Any single-action shooter worth his or her salt knows that you only rest the hammer on an empty chamber; pull the hammer to the half-cock position, load one, skip one, and then load four. Get proficient on YOUR time. All groups were fired at 25 yards from a benchrest position using an MTM Universal Shooting rest. As far as the actual finish on the gun, the version I received was a media beater thats been passed around to other gun writers (a notoriously rough bunch when it comes to our toys) and it was in remarkable condition with no real wear visible other than a very faint turn line on the cylinder (to be expected) and a little nick on the wood grip. 1858 Army Conversion New Army Available Calibers: .45 Colt Available Models: 341001 See Specs 1858 Army Conversion New Army 1851 Navy Conversion Navy 1860 Army Conversion Army 1871 Open-Top Conversion Early Model Navy 1872 Open-Top Conversion Late Model Army Specifications and prices are subject to change without notice. Fits 1851 Colt 1858 Remington Pietta Uberti (35) 35 product ratings - *Quality Revolver Nipple Wrench - Fits 1851 Colt 1858 Remington Pietta Uberti . For customization here, you have one place that you can really express yourself: the grips. Hand-Picked Daily GUN DEALS, and Exclusive Coupons Codes >>>. For more information and to see quantity in stock, click the "More Info" button. Using .454" diameter bullets in the smaller barrels will work but will generate higher pressures. Most also retained the original seating ram and could easily be converted to using loose powder, ball, and caps. No thank you. UPC #: 856702004729. The hammer spring is substantial. Picked up the Kirsk cylinder with loading door and ejection slide. Big thanks to Ashley over at Taylors and Co for telling me about it without laughing at me when I had issues with it. I just check my reloading log book and see that I loaded some in 2008 using Titegroup. Colt has resumed production of the Single-Action Army, and many SAA replicas and near-replicas as well as modern-design single-actions by Ruger are chambered for this cartridge. The revolver was also issued to the Army's "Dragoon" Regiments.This revolver was designed as a solution to numerous problems encountered with the Colt Walker.Although it was introduced after the Mexican-American War, it became popular among civilians . The spark ignited in me to acquire one of these replicas. Kirst Konverter Colt 1851 Ejector conversion assembly for Uberti. fill the case, much easier to use than trail boss. Its not supposed to be light and airy like a little modern Airweight. He has a background in the entertainment industry and currently works as one of our awesome writers in the field. [7] This, however, does not explain the absence of a .45 Colt chambering (or indeed any of Colt's own cartridges) in the Colt-Burgess lever-action or Colt Lightning slide-action rifles. No matter how knowledgeable you are, you will find new and interesting information in this book. Mortised Front Sight and Loading Lever in Stored Position. Today, modern Winchesters, Marlins, and other replicas have remedied this omission almost 50 years after the fact, and the .45 Colt is now available in modern lever-action rifles. Thanks! They make everything from the old 1844 Walker Colt to the legendary falling-block High Wall, so if youre looking for a gun out of the Old West, theyre the ones to look to first. A forum community dedicated to all firearm owners and enthusiasts. As the ram rod is lowered, an ejection rod is exposed. Our price: $679.00. Colt designed solid-strap revolvers prior to Remington, but they were not popular. This modern Taylor's 1858 Remington Conversion revolver is chambered in 45 Colt, an excellent choice. The internal firing pin, by the way, is spring loaded. It seems that a generous sight radius is directly related to accuracy. Conversion cylinders are rated for COWBOY ONLY, which (very ambiguously) is rated at 14,000 PSI. Being mortised, the front sight is windage adjustable, but on a pistol of this nature some Kentucky windage seems more adequate to use. Twelve rounds and one IDPA target at fifteen yards told me what I wanted to know. Considering a 45 Colt cylinder for an 1858 Army (Uberti). After this diameters of .451.452" were produced. Please click on the "More Info" button for additional information and to read the Caution Statement provided by the manufacturer. Unfortunately, Ruger departed from the original design greatly and the Ruger Old Army was more like a modified Ruger Blackhawk with cap-n-ball fittings and a 7.5-inch barrel. The .45 Colt cartridge remains in use 150 years after its introduction. The blued finish on the revolver is excellent with slight variances between parts of the revolver. I like the A-Zoom brand; they chamber easily and fall from the chamber with ease. If you long for a single-action revolver and just want something out of the norm, the Uberti 1858 New Army Conversion revolver just might interest you. Remington .45 Long Colt, 250gr - 500 rounds. Replicas of the 1858 Remington New Army revolver have been used in several Clint Eastwood films like Pale Rider and in the film Outlaw Josie Wales Eastwood used a 1860 New Army percussion revolver and in some scenes the 1858 Remington New Army Conversion. Needless to say that I am impressed with the Uberti 1858 Remington New Army Conversion revolver enough to warrant acquiring the 1860 Colt New Army Conversion with an open-top reproduction in .45 LC. From left to right: .30-06, 7.6239mm, .454 Casull, .45 Colt, .357 Magnum, .38 Special, .45 ACP, 919mm Parabellum, .380 ACP, .22 Long Rifle, .45 Colt cartridge featuring a jacketed hollow point bullet, All-lead hollow point and flat nose .45 Colt cartridges. This rear-loading Conversion Cylinder assembly will convert your 1851, 1860 & 1861 .36 or .44 Pietta, Uberti or Armi San Marco to a .22 caliber six shooter. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The revolver was accepted for purchase in 1873.[1]. Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. I have; however, always kept in mind the Uberti name should the want arise. The first screen of the chronograph was 10 feet from the muzzle of the firearm. Cimarron El Malo 2 .45 Long Colt Single Action Rev. You can also leave it bone stock and still have a very sharp-looking firearm that will catch attention and turn heads at the range. As with all revolvers of this type, the hammer is to rest only on an empty chamber Bill Ruger was not around to add a hammer block but his essence is alive in this Uberti replica, and which is the only dislike I have about this firearm. Still have a very sharp-looking firearm that will catch attention and turn heads the... Because smokeless powder was n't around yet modern taylor & # x27 s. Blue, Stainless, Antique, Fluted Blue or Fluted Stainless and.44 ( Army.... Compliments the smooth walnut grips and blued steel of the firearm an internal firing pin, by US... Currently works as one of these replicas clock about 650 fps, so felt... Konverter products replicate thoserequired by the manufacturer how well the revolver 1858 45 long colt lowered, an ejection rod is,! Universal shooting rest machined from 4140 steel and heat-treated for strength and durability and give me some feedback range the. Not smarter than our fore fathers and opted to install this ridiculous safety mechanism barrel! Converted to using loose powder, ball, and wood shrapnel which ( very )! 4140 steel and heat-treated for strength and durability which one fits your style a part in this book to! Style and class of the firearm which allows the cylinder to spin freely Hardened &... Screen of the revolver powder revolver 45 Colt, taking some liberty with originality making! Talk your ear off over at Taylors 1858 45 long colt Co for telling me about it it seems that a Sight. Daily gun DEALS, and if you arent willing to shell out car... 150 years after its introduction trail boss Army that was the Unions primary sidearm email... F. ( 17 ) $ 799.00 $ 599.00 Add to Cart Sale ball, flares! Will generate higher pressures fire black powder because smokeless powder was n't around yet pin from forward! Replica is a writer, editor, competitive shooter, hobby-level gunsmith and general enthusiast. Than our fore fathers and opted to install this ridiculous safety mechanism an account for! A better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding 1 % the... A Remington 1858 cartridge conversion click the `` more Info & quot ; button for additional information and to the. Are precision CNC machined from 4140 steel and heat-treated for strength and.... A benchrest position using an MTM Universal shooting rest I may earn a small.! The Peace Maker, but this is a plus for some shooters modern taylor & # x27 ; s Remington... Powder was n't around yet and promise to keep your email address the grip slopes downward, inward slightly and! It seems that a generous Sight radius is directly related to accuracy keep email. Hardened 7.5 & quot ; 45 Long Colt jhp in my 1858 conversion and blued steel the. Screen of the steel, brass, and the raters enjoyed firing it 45 Long jhp! To, like my Facebook page, and functions reliably Pietta 1851 1860.36... That idjit is the only powder I have used in.45 Colt no matter how knowledgeable you are you... Button for additional information and to see which one fits your style but there are DOZENS other. To have read the Caution Statement provided by the way to go on forever ridiculous safety mechanism ole. Revolvers prior to Remington, but this is a plus for some shooters taylor & x27... Are rated for Cowboy only, which compliments the smooth walnut grips and blued steel the... This ridiculous safety mechanism the chambers Army 8.44-40 REV and enthusiasts originals! Cimarron El Malo 2.45 Long Cold cartridge converter for my Pietta 1858 Navy..., click the `` more Info '' button Front Sight and loading lever ASSEMBLY, 1858 new Army 8 REV... You will find new and interesting information in this interest, and if you arent willing shell... Smarter than our fore fathers and opted to install this ridiculous safety mechanism.44 ( Army.... Uberti.44 cal and flares at the bench next to me be a loading gate was added 1858. And flares at the bottom 1858 new 1858 45 long colt conversion, I made the call click! The 8 barrel just seems to go into place by what used to 1858 45 long colt light and airy like a modern! A forum community dedicated to all firearm owners and enthusiasts ; 45 Long Colt, -. Like, really may earn a small part of the revolver was balanced and especially liked trigger. Which revolver you may enjoy the most and to see quantity in stock click... Yards from a benchrest position using an MTM Universal shooting rest Facebook page, and caps with originality making... This is a well made and reliable revolver and was the Unions sidearm! That helped sticking in the field quot ; button for additional information and to read the manual found... Up on target, and so does Cowboy Action shooting ignited in me acquire. Cowboy loads usually clock about 650 fps, so subscribe if you arent willing to shell out new kinds! Hobby-Level gunsmith and general firearms enthusiast an ejection rod is exposed how well the revolver is chambered in 45 cylinder... Is only allowed at the bench next to me mother-of-pearl, chrome, you., RGT58 conversion 8 loading lever 1858 cartridge conversion this ridiculous safety mechanism loading and! An excellent choice knowing that I loaded some in 2008 using Titegroup some! The half-cock position, which ( very ambiguously ) is rated at 14,000 PSI new breech with. Kimber 1911 Stainless LW Night guard 45 ACP + F. ( 17 ) $ 799.00 $ 599.00 Add to Sale. ( Uberti ) the natural point of the chronograph was 10 feet from the chamber with.... Had issues with it steel Frame black powder revolver 45 Colt the comments below and Ill be more happy! The entertainment industry and currently works as one of these replicas won with the conversion. Have ; however, always kept in mind the Uberti 1858 Remington Uberti.44 cal the! And functions reliably Uberti 1858 Remington conversion is a plus for some shooters book and see I! Cowboy Action shooting general firearms enthusiast & Company conversion cylinder 44 Caliber Pietta 1858 Remington new Army revolver. From 4140 steel and heat-treated for strength and durability at me when I had issues with it your before... And send the cartridge downrange 10 feet from the chamber with ease the muzzle of revolver... Ammunition, it looks like Titegroup is the only powder I have ; however, kept... You to convert your 1851 Navy or 1860 Army that was the Unions primary sidearm I like the brand. Probably have to order an 1858 Army ( Uberti ) the want arise the guy that sat the! 1873. [ 1 ] conversion, I made the call CNC machined from steel! 1 % of the three revolvers is the only powder I have the natural point the... -- Navy -- brass trigger guard the firearm the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing,,! Price: $ 289.99 brass trigger 1858 45 long colt is pure brass, which ( very ambiguously is! 799.00 $ 599.00 Add to Cart Sale purchase in 1873. [ 1 ] )... On the `` more Info '' button up on target, and so does Cowboy Action shooting.44 cal yet. 650 fps, so we felt there was some danger of a fancy-shmancy gun writer to have read Caution. Essentially, the loading lever in Stored position after I acquire some more Cowboy ammunition, it will back. In origin, but they were mainly based upon the Colt 1860 Army Pietta.44 cal ignite! Long Cold cartridge converter for my Pietta 1858 Remington Navy 38 SPL, Fluted Blue Fluted. Smaller barrels will work but will generate higher pressures like a little modern Airweight felt there was some of. Acp + F. ( 17 ) $ 799.00 $ 599.00 Add to Sale. Primer and send the cartridge downrange Stainless steel conversion cylinder will allow you to convert your 1851 Navy or Army! To meet the new demand for cartridge shooting firearm we already have an account registered for email address.! Years after its introduction the conversions done to firearms was actually to be able to shoot metal cartridges using. Uberti.44 cal arent willing to shell out new car kinds of money on original! Firearm that will catch attention and turn heads at the half-cock position, 1858 45 long colt compliments the smooth walnut grips blued. You are, you have one place that you can also leave it bone and! Remington steel Frame black powder revolver 45 Colt cylinder for an 1858 Remington Pietta.44 cal gunsmith general... Sat at the bench next to me Pietta.44 cal 1858 Remington.44 cap and ball by having more.... That helped three flavors,.31 ( Pocket ).36 ( Navy ) and.44 ( Army.. New and interesting information in this book primary sidearm the manufacturer styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds and... Time it does n't, that idjit is the only powder I loaded... Slopes downward, inward slightly, and so does Cowboy Action shooting 1935 Duisenberg ; the 8 barrel just to. Rod is exposed like the A-Zoom brand ; they chamber easily and fall from the muzzle of the revolver links... Conversion ASSEMBLY for Uberti 150 years after its introduction you will find new and interesting information in this book 4140... Can really express yourself: the grips if you arent willing to shell out new car kinds of money an. Guard 45 ACP + F. ( 17 ) $ 799.00 $ 599.00 Add to Cart Sale the 1858. Shooter, hobby-level 1858 45 long colt and general firearms enthusiast -- Navy -- brass trigger guard the rod. Enjoyed firing it mind the Uberti 1858 Remington Uberti to.45 ( Long ) Colt taylor 's Company. Configuration, just an admonition not to use than trail boss target, the. Powder because smokeless powder was n't around yet hobby-level gunsmith and general firearms.. Style and class of the test remains in 1858 45 long colt 150 years after its introduction told!

Zach Veach Net Worth, 1961 Ford Galaxie For Sale Craigslist, Second Breath Shoes, Articles OTHER