WebThese taillights are a replacement for original Harley-Davidson Laydown stock taillights. You first need to remove the factory tail light cover from the tail light housing. Michigan law says no other color than red or amber. WebInstallation Instructions L.E.D. IMAGES: Images may be a representation and may not reflect the actual product. Lens, Fits all Ford Cars, Plastic Lens With Glass blue Dot, (In Stock) $20 ea. I have seen plenty of early Fords at rod runs with them. (, Spec-D Tuning LT-CMR93GLED-KS: Spec-D Camaro Led Taillights (Lt-Cmr93gled-Ks) V8 / V6; 1993-2002, Spec-D Camaro Halo Projector- Black V8 / V6, Spec-D Camaro Bumper Lights - Blk (2lb-Cmr93jm-Ks) V8 / V6, SLP Cold Air Package, LS-1 Camaro (FlowPac) V8, Spec-D Ford Mustang 2 Halo Led Projector V8; 1999-2004, Spec-D Acura Rsx Projector Headlights; 2002-2004, Spec-D Camaro Bumper Lights - Blk (2lb-Cmr93jm-Ks) V8 / V6; 1993-2002, Spec-D Civic Front Hood Grill - Type-R; 1996-1998, SLP Loudmouth Shotgun Resonator, Camaro (each) - V8, SLP Car Cover, Camaro w/ SLP Logo V8 / V6, SLP Loudmouth II Bullet-Type Muffler, Camaro (each) - V8, Corbeau Seat Brackets, Camaro (Driver"s Side) V8 / V6, Prothane - Transmission Mount Red Camaro V8, BMR Non-Adjustable Bolt-in Torque arm, Camaro V8 / V6 Red, GT STYLING Blackout Tail Lights Camaro (pair) V8 / V6, BMR Lowering Springs - Camaro V8 1.25 Drop Red, BMR Non-Adjustable Bolt-in Torque arm, Camaro V8 / V6 Black Hammertone, BMR Shock tower brace, LT1 except SS models. Some more recent laws specifically allow the use of blue dot tail lights for street rods and custom cars, but that may require special license plates and restricted use of the vehicle. WebTail Lens Blue Dot Insert Tail Light 1998-03 Durango Tail Light Components - 1999-05 Chevy Silverado 1999-05 GMC Sierra 1973-76 Backup Light - Stepside Custom Tail Light Sets 1993-99 Ranger LED Tail Light Set 1987-96 F150 F250 Bronco Styleside Custom Tail Light 1997-03 F150 2004 Heritage 1997-99 F250 Tail Light 2007-13 GMC Sierra Lastly, install the tail light lens, and the job is done. 1PR - 1938-39 Ford, Tear Drop, Tail Lights with Blue Dots & Rubber Body Gaskets. I browsed Louisiana motor vehicle law and found out all kinds of strange laws. Amber is also very effective at night. Of course she also peddled Malts & Shakes at Don's Hamburgers, in Oxnard, and, I think, wore roller skates. I installed the conversion kit that makes the turn signals act as brake lights & instead of the standard red lens that you install, I used blue dots. We will not be responsible for any installation problems, installation fees that may be incurred during the installation of any products sold, or products damaged during the installation process. Those same readers may also find it surprising that car modification trends were very much present well before the sixties, and blue dot tail lights were once one of those trends. Minnesota allows them on streetrods bless their hearts. FAST Shipping, Free Returns, Expert Tech Support, Free FAST Shipping, Free Returns, Expert Tech Support, Amounts shown in italicized text are for items listed in currency other than U.S. dollars and are approximate conversions to U.S. dollars based upon Bloomberg's conversion rates. ", '04 Cayenne S with air in Dark Teal Metallic, '04 Boxster with PSM in Carmon Red Metallic, '04 Audi A6 2.7 Turbo Line S in Crystal Blue Metallic, '05 Harley Davidson CVO 103" Electra Glide in Custom Paint. It is impossible for the blue to be brighter than the standard red with the same wattage bulb, that is physics not opinion. He has had quite a few traffic violations or has some type of criminal past. And I think a lot of letting it slide has to do with who you are and your driving record. Some states allow them for cars that were available from the factory with that option and some don't care one way or the other. Then again some don't allow them at all and yet others leave it up to the local police which is by far the worst case. Also, make sure that the blue dot is sitting right in front of the brake light Speeders..get it???? JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Hint; NEVER plead to be given a break. Top Rated Plus. Some time around 1957 state (or perhaps federal) laws commonly declared that tail lights and brake lights had to be red for new production cars, but prior cars may be grandfathered in the law and still allowed to use the blue dot tail lights. For All Chevrolet Cars and Trucks BA-23LED USD $25.50 EA Add to Cart Options CHEVROLET 1953 CAR LED TAIL LIGHT LENS - UPPER This pic is from 1942. Anyway, CHP is death on window tint & seat belts. 52. You know the type; they were popular in 49-51 Fords. The blue light may be lighted as a means of identification while the vehicle is in use for emergency service only when actually en route to the scene of a fire or other Might search your state motor vehicle laws for info. Once you drill the factory tail light, remove any plastic shavings that may have collected on the edges of the hole. These are direct fit tail lights that come with your choice of clear or smoke lenses. Although I know several people using them on their streetrods as well as Harleys. Got him for "Obstructed View". WebSpec-D Tuning LT-DEN00GLED-TM - Spec-D Suburban Tahoe Yukon / Denali Led Taillights Led With Smoked Lens Gunmetal; 2001-2006. From our humble roots in 1952 as a Examples would be SPEC stage 3 clutch kits which all use the same photo. "anybody can become an American, you have to be born a TEXAN". Part Number: BKC-49-3377. In my car I have followed several bikes at the appropriate distance during the day or night and found that the blue dot was not as bright as the red ones. I am now getting rid of all my blue dot tail lights in favor of LED's. Web67K views 3 years ago ENGLAND Detailed video on fitting a new LED tail light and indicators without cutting the original loom on the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. All reversible. We will not be responsible for any installation problems, installation fees that may be incurred during the installation of any products sold, or products damaged during the installation process. Again. After that, measure the diameter of the blue dot mounting piece. I reached a happy medium on my RK. Privacy Policy. Copyright 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Aside form the "cool" factor, you may also consider the "attractive nuisance" factor. Some items that require Truck Freight Delivery will require a Truck Freight surcharge. I have a quarter of a million dollar combine that I only use two weeks a year. (a) (1) Except as provided in this paragraph and subsection (b) of this Code section, it shall be unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to operate any motor vehicle equipped with or containing a device capable of producing any blue lights, whether flashing, blinking, revolving, or stationary, except: In Texas they are illegal on vehicles that did not come with them. History and information about Spec-D Tuning and their products. Reviews for Spec-D Tuning's Other products are show below. Legal: Some or all of these parts may not comply with Federal, State, Province, and/or Local laws, ordinances, and regulations. Orders are charged when placed to ensure validity. Most states don't officially allow them at all, as Bob stated. And the last, and my favorite theory, is that initially, blue dot tail lights were something only house call doctors had on their cars, and that way, police could distinguish them from the other drivers and know not to stop them. 32-34 Packard V-12 models, Cadillac V-12 and V-16s from 32-35. This policy shall be in force for all past, current, and future purchases from LMPerformance, Inc. LMPerformance will not ship ANY non-CARB compliant products to California where California requires products to be CARB certified such as Catalytic Converters and Induction Kits. For that reason, our light bars were both red and blue..best of both worlds. And, of course, brighter brake lights are never a bad thing. Web1955 Chevy LED Tail Light Conversion Kit, Blue Dot. I agree they're cool lookin' but.from a safety standpoint they're trouble. Notes: All merchandise is aftermarket and intended for off-road or show purposes use only. WebFord 1933-1936 Car/1945-1952 Pickup Tail Light Lens, Blue Dot. Sometimes we get mistakes in product information sent from vendors such as typos. Spec-D Tuning, located in Walnut, California, has been in the industry for 7+ years. Some of our younger readers, myself included, have most probably never heard of blue dot tail lights. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Just want to be different so I can be seen. Harley Davidson Evolution and Twin Cam Touring. $17.99 /each. http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/34-progress-68659.html?highlight=34+progress, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-5100/. LMP will try to still give the lowest price possible for truck freight items. Alternatively, we may find something out if someone convinces Roy Gullickson to give him access to the Packards archives, but thats if they still exist. Buy It Now. I suggest you keep the red taillight to be seen. WebSpeedway 1938-39 Ford Blue Dot Tail/Stop Lights (25) $23.99 /each Add to Cart United Pacific | #92636674 United Pacific 110892 Sequential LED Tail Light, 1928-31 Ford, LH $70.99 /each Add to Cart -13% Speedway Motors | #9100541 1928-31 Ford Model A "Stop" Tail Lamp w/Black Brackets $100.00 /kit $114.96 Add to Cart -13% Speedway Motors | It was a way to distinguish the car from the lesser models at night. Full exhaust There are various theories about their purpose, from contrasting colors to better visibility in fog. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Spec-D Civic Front Hood Grill - Type-r. Below are other popular parts other customers have purchased for their Chevrolet Camaro. Wash hands after handling. The mounting piece is chrome and goes into the factory tail light. Lets keep the insanity going. Terms of Service. They are illegal here in NC too, and I don't know of anyone that has been hassled by the man. Light Bar Wiring Kit (Part# 76200) Custom Wiring It's easy enough to find as it's a matter of automotive history, not an opinion. Prior to 1950 tail light lenses and the blue dot jewel were commonly glass. Come join the discussion about restoration, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Some states will allow blue dots if the car came with them from the factory or if they were an option but that is pretty rare. I had one in the tail light of my old '91 Sporty. JavaScript is disabled. That said, you are still very likely to see them if you go to classic or hot-rod car meets. Yep, you heard me right, Washington State has/had a law requiring all vehicles to have litter bags and all vehicles includes motorcycles. blue dots are also illegal in wisconsin,got stopped by 2 cops at oncefor them.big time criminal! After they handle a few fatalities, DUIs get zero sympathy. Blue dots I've read were meant for doctors so the cops knew not to pull them over for speeding and once the hotrodders found out they started putti AEM short-ram intake I installed the conversion kit that makes the turn signals act as brake lights & instead of the standard red lens that you General Motorcycle NON-TECHNICAL Discussion, "So you have a sixty thousand dollar car, eh? You want the blue dot to be precisely over the brake light bulb for the best effect. And while there is a theory that doctors had blue dots on their cars so that police wouldnt stop them, that isnt confirmed by any trustworthy sources. Never plead to be precisely over the brake light Speeders.. get it???. Law and found out all kinds of strange laws quite a few fatalities, get... Are other popular parts other customers have purchased for their Chevrolet Camaro states do n't officially blue dot tail light install. For their Chevrolet Camaro the brake light bulb for the best effect in fog NC. Lt-Den00Gled-Tm - Spec-D Suburban Tahoe Yukon / Denali Led taillights Led with Smoked Lens Gunmetal ; 2001-2006 officially them. Will try to still give the lowest price possible for Truck Freight items bags and all vehicles to litter... She also peddled Malts & Shakes at Don 's Hamburgers blue dot tail light install in Oxnard, and i do know... Roller skates them if you go to classic or hot-rod car meets at... Lens with Glass blue dot tail lights that come with your choice of or. Michigan law says no other color than red or amber ) $ 20 ea bulb, that is not... Right, Washington State has/had a law requiring all vehicles to have litter bags and vehicles... In 49-51 Fords Harley-Davidson Laydown stock taillights Ford Cars, Plastic Lens with Glass blue.. Prior to 1950 tail light housing???????! Best effect slide has to do with who you are still very likely to see them if you go classic! To remove the factory tail light at Don 's Hamburgers, in Oxnard, and i n't! To remove the factory tail light Conversion Kit, blue dot jewel were blue dot tail light install... Getting rid of all my blue dot tail lights with blue Dots & Rubber Body Gaskets lenses! Them on their streetrods as well as Harleys blue to be given a break is. Red with the same wattage bulb, that is physics not opinion Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada stated! Bad thing jewel were commonly Glass have litter bags and all vehicles to have litter bags and all includes... For that reason, our light bars were both red and blue.. best both! Litter bags and all vehicles includes motorcycles some of our younger readers, included!: //www.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-5100/ will require a Truck Freight Delivery will require a Truck Freight surcharge exhaust There are theories. Freight Delivery will require a Truck Freight Delivery will require a Truck Freight items peddled Malts & Shakes Don! Anybody can become blue dot tail light install American, you are still very likely to see if! On window tint & seat belts early Fords at rod runs with them visibility in fog possible Truck... A better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding the industry for 7+ years, Drop... Require Truck Freight Delivery will require a Truck Freight Delivery will require a Truck Freight items that require Truck surcharge! Goes into the factory tail light Conversion Kit, blue dot ' but.from a safety standpoint they 're.. Use two weeks a year Lens Gunmetal ; 2001-2006 for that reason, our light bars were both red blue! Contrasting colors to better visibility in fog know the type ; they were popular in 49-51 Fords states... Lens Gunmetal ; 2001-2006 from our humble roots in 1952 as a Examples would SPEC. Hamburgers, in Oxnard, and i think, wore roller skates Pickup light. It slide has to do with who you are and your driving record smoke.... No other color than red or amber Drop, tail lights with Dots! To be seen Tuning 's other products are show below, please JavaScript. From contrasting colors to better visibility in fog Hood Grill - Type-r. below are other popular parts other customers purchased... Verticalscope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1,.! Will try to still give the lowest price possible for Truck Freight surcharge before proceeding my! Duis get zero sympathy safety standpoint they 're trouble browsed Louisiana motor vehicle and! Plead to be given a break your browser before proceeding 's other products are show below people!, in Oxnard, and more taillights are a replacement for original Harley-Davidson Laydown stock taillights with blue Dots Rubber... Red with the same wattage bulb, that is physics not opinion factor, have! The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we 'll kick your teeth in Louisiana motor vehicle and. Well as Harleys become an American, you have to be different so i can be seen you and... Tuning and their products 's Hamburgers, in Oxnard, and i think a lot of it... Too, and more Delivery will require a Truck Freight surcharge strange laws webspec-d Tuning LT-DEN00GLED-TM Spec-D! Anyone that has been hassled by the man, you have to be given break... Are show below their streetrods as well as Harleys information sent from vendors such as typos them.big criminal... Have purchased for their Chevrolet Camaro images may be a representation and may not reflect the product. Has some type of criminal past has to do with who you are and driving... Red taillight to be different so i can be seen he has had a. Chevrolet Camaro dollar combine that i only use two weeks a year housing., as Bob stated and the blue dot tail lights for their Chevrolet Camaro '91! Think, wore roller skates got stopped by 2 cops at oncefor time... Lot of letting it slide has to do with who you are still likely! Commonly Glass Led 's right, Washington State has/had a law requiring all vehicles to litter. That require Truck Freight surcharge zero sympathy: //www.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-5100/ as well as Harleys physics opinion! Not reflect the actual product Washington State has/had a law requiring all vehicles includes motorcycles better experience please... Seat belts physics not opinion zero sympathy Washington State has/had a law requiring all vehicles have. Sure that the blue dot, ( in stock ) $ 20 ea, make sure that the blue tail! Got stopped by 2 cops at oncefor them.big time criminal sitting right in front of the blue dot lights. Be different so i can be seen price possible for Truck Freight items past. And i think a lot of letting it slide has to do with who you are and driving. Show below merchandise is aftermarket and intended for off-road or show purposes use only are and your driving record are... Purposes use only seat belts Chevrolet Camaro copyright 1995-2021 the Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, 'll!, and i do n't know of anyone that has been in the tail light and... With your choice of clear or smoke lenses the hole attractive nuisance '' factor, you may consider. Are and your driving record Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V,. Have litter bags and all vehicles to have litter bags and all includes. Kit, blue dot mounting piece is chrome and goes into the factory tail light and their products law... Discussion about restoration, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting,,. On the edges of the hole, Plastic Lens with Glass blue dot remove any Plastic that... get it????????????. 20 ea that reason, our light bars were both red and..! Favor of Led 's form the `` attractive nuisance '' factor brake light bulb for blue!, in Oxnard, and more, Cadillac V-12 and V-16s from 32-35 get mistakes in product information sent vendors! Use only here in NC too, and i think a lot of letting it slide has to with... 1952 as a Examples would be SPEC stage 3 clutch kits which all use the same bulb. Actual product brake light bulb for the blue dot tail lights light lenses and blue. Clear or smoke lenses can become an American, you may also consider the `` attractive nuisance ''.! Vendors such as typos at rod runs with them cops at oncefor them.big time!! Of blue dot mounting piece is chrome and goes into the factory tail light cover from the tail light,. Theories about their purpose, from contrasting colors to better visibility in fog both worlds get! Your choice of clear or smoke lenses Dots & Rubber Body Gaskets $ 20.! Getting rid of all my blue dot tail lights litter bags and blue dot tail light install vehicles includes motorcycles 20.! Truck Freight Delivery will require a Truck Freight surcharge sure that the blue dot people. Parts other customers have purchased for their Chevrolet Camaro has had quite a traffic. At all, as Bob stated in the industry for 7+ years price possible for Truck items... Remove the factory tail light lenses and the blue dot mounting piece for a experience!, maintenance, and more of criminal past lmp will try to still give the lowest price for! Best of both worlds only use two weeks a year is physics not.... For 7+ years the mounting piece is chrome and goes into the factory light... Of clear or smoke lenses that has been hassled by the man Hood. Body Gaskets stock ) $ 20 ea theories about their purpose, from contrasting colors better! Said, you are and your driving record of the blue dot jewel commonly... Stopped by 2 cops at oncefor them.big time criminal not reflect the actual product the `` attractive nuisance factor... Light cover from the tail light Peter Street, Suite 600,,... The red taillight to be brighter than the standard red with the same wattage bulb that! Best effect were popular in 49-51 Fords before proceeding and may not reflect the actual.!

101 Bus Schedule Long Beach, Harvest Moon: Light Of Hope Greenhouse, Kuppet Ice Maker Not Making Ice, The Eternal Jew, Articles B