|| .224 | 75gr | Hornady ELD-Match, .22 BR Rem. A mid-body cannelure helps keep the core and jacket together while providing a consistent, accurate crimp during the loading process. A World Record Attempt and everyone is out at the range shooting and practicing. Throughout its history, Hornady Manufacturing continues to hold true to its legacy of innovation and quality craftsmanship that earned them their reputation as an industry leader. before it fell dead. Staball load data, Nosler 100gr , 6.5 Creedmore. Access features of the Reloading Handbook on your mobile device with the Reloading App. The 8208 came up on Accurate Shooters. Gunner46 I have had the same results with 150/55s of many different flavors on deer. I performed a quick maintenance regimen and mounted the same Weaver tactical optic I had used previously. bullets turned in a much narrower spread of 42 f.p.s. Tapered Jacket Jacket thickness is precisely controlled for expansion at all velocities. It still delivers good accuracy, averaging 1.12 inches for the 10 loads tested for this report. cases are available they cost at least 50 cents apiece. Please help us to improve and report any suggestions via our contact form. Since the external case dimensions are essentially the same, they must have thicker case walls. At best, the excess gap between the case and chamber shoulder will allow the case to stretch when fired and may cause the body just ahead of the case head to crack when the round is discharged or being resized. bulletsthe perfect weights for the .308which produce a trajectory a few inches flatter at long distance than 180s. That combination produced a 101 f.p.s. The accompanying Accuracy & Velocity chart relates the results from typical .308 Win. I can only assume the material spring back properties varied enough to cause the problem. Most companies make a decapping-only die. Most have our pioneering secant ogive design one of the most ballistically efficient profiles ever developed (see diagram to right). Joseph VonBenedikt is with Joel Hodgdon to talk about the improved accuracy and long-range potential of the already reliable Core-Lokt ammo line. among center-fire rifle cartridges) has created a wealth of bullets and propellants aimed at everything from reloading for practice, target shooting and hunting. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt series rifle. An autoloader has to run before it can shoot straight, right? JavaScript is disabled. Most feature our exclusive InterLock design a raised ring inside the jacket that is embedded in the bullet's core that keeps the core and jacket locked together during expansion to retain mass and energy. Read today's "The Armed Citizen" entry for real stories of law-abiding citizens, past and present, who used their firearms to save lives. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. After releasing the bolt/carrier assembly, I simply grasped the charging handle to see if the bolt could be easily pulled rearward to extract the empty case. loads are sorta kinda middle of the road. If the reloader wants to crimp in a bullets cannelure, having cases all the same length is pretty much mandatory. Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? Best 308 Win 150 gr load I ever saw was a Hornady SST over a max charge of H4895. However, basically, one could get by with just two or three powders for all the bullets weights in the .308, but wheres the fun in that? Ramshot TAC was another powder reco'd to me. 99%. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? The last one was the best at 0.95 and loaded with 46.4gr which is close to maximum load. Today, Hornadys business scope includes several distinct product categories including Ammunition & Components (that include pistol calibers from .380 ACP up through .50 BMG), Reloading Tools (including presses, dies & case prep tools) Hunting Accessories (such as range bags & targets) and Apparel & Accessories (including hats). In fact, I purchased two additional upper assemblies (204 Ruger and 6.5 Grendel) and tested hundreds more factory and handloaded rounds with similarly excellent results. 97%. As for powder suggestions, the potential bullet and powder combinations are almost endless, and the ones shown in the accompanying chart are just a few suggestions. Well this thread sure narrowed it down. 8208 for 155's or lower. shooting quality bullets. The Hornady SST (Super Shock Tip) is designed to deliver tremendous shock on impact while expanding quickly and reliably, particularly at higher velocities. 10mm Firepower: Springfield XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact Pistol Review, 5 Best Long-Range Hunting Bullets Available Right Now, .300 PRC vs. .300 Win Mag: Rifle Cartridge Comparison Review, The Staying Power of the .257 Roberts Cartridge, Top 5 Most Accurate Factory-Loaded Rifle Cartridges, SIG Sauer P365 Pistol Now Offered in .380. If there is any concern about adequate bullet expansion at these slower speeds, simply load bullets intended for the .30-30 Win. . However, I did find some good data for 150/155's and H380 in an older load manual. 308 with mid-weight bullets works well with a huge variety of powders. In contrast, Berger 125-gr. Make sure the primers are seated flush or a hair below the case head. The load still shot fine, although with some vertical stringing. What's the Perfect Trigger Pull Weight for a Hunting Rifle? The rest of this story is marked with many missteps, but eventually, the military adopted the AR-15/M16 to complement (i.e., essentially replace) the short-lived M14. IMR 4895 38.5 grains starting, 42.7 max @2700 fps . below the maximum listed in the Sierra Bullet Infinity 7.0 program. Incorporating the pioneering Hornady secant ogive design, the tapered point, increased bearing surface and more aerodynamic profile, combined with a boattail base, makes the SST more efficient with less drag and greater stability. I found loading 100 to 150 fps under maximum provides satisfactory accuracy and ensures reliable operation. A-MAX bullets reasonably precisely when paired with Reloder 15. After cleaning and inspecting cases for splits and defects, the sizing die should be set to barely touch the case shoulder, so as to not set it back much: 0.002 to 0.003 inch is about right. Using the 300 Savage as a starting point, the new cartridge design evolved through several iterations at Frankford Arsenal. I retrieved my Powley Computer and, after determining the case capacities of the various brands of brass to be loaded, calculated the preferred propellant and charge weights. Subscribe to the free newsletter and do not miss any news or promotions. The most significant difference is that the 7.62 NATO case headspace is nominally a few thousandths greater than the 308s. Reviews can only be submitted while being logged in. Within a month, I received a larger, but just as finely crafted, rifle featuring a stiff, 22-inch stainless Lothar Walther barrel fitted with a muzzle brake. Gain a deep knowledge of ballistic science and access our improved ballistic calculator. stuff. Yes I weigh every charge. Usually load devo at 70-ish degrees. Purpose of load--hunt, target or ??? The recoil created by 125-gr. Here are a couple of specific loads from each test rifle as examples of the versatility and accuracy of the great .308 Winchester. We are engineers, reloading enthusiasts and operate one of the most powerful ballistics calculators. The .308 Winchester is about as All-American as you can get in the cartridge world. Well, of course, there are tools to deal with that, too. The consensus is to shoot heavy bullets when hunting large game like elk and giant black bears. with a near-maximum charge of TAC that fairly well filled a .308 Win. All Shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. Noslers AccuBond and Ballistic Tips and Hornadys SST, GMX, InterLock, and InterBond forms in 150, 155, 165, and 168 grains are proven performers. Pass it up. All Rights Reserved. Many years later, the ArmaLite name and AR-10 trademark were sold, and until recently, the company continued to make both 5.56 and 7.62 NATO rifles. Product Features Inner Grooves Strategically weaken the upper section of the jacket, ensuring consistent, controlled expansion, even at long range. My Franchi Momentum rifle is a favorite of mine, and it is a proven game-getter. The Mossbergs skinny barrel felt hot enough to light a cigar after firing 10 shots. Eventually, in 1957, the M14 was chosen over the ArmaLite AR-10 and the FN FAL as the Armys new battle rifle. Coincidentally, the last group I fired, comprising 43.5 grains of IMR 4064 behind 168-grain Sierra HPBT bullets loaded in Lapua brass, functioned perfectly and put four of five shots into one hole. So now I take the trial case mentioned above, seat a bullet to make up a full-scale dummy round, pop it into the magazine, and let er strip! As part of its commitment to excellence in product design, all Hornady products are tested using state-of-the-art technology that ensures consistent performance both on the range or in the field. Note the Federal and Lapua match case weights; they are almost as heavy as the military samples. has a 1:12-inch twist, so it may not be highly accurate with long, heavyweight bullets in the 190-, 200-, and 208-grain weight range. || .224 | 73gr | Hornady ELD-Match, .22 BR Rem. SIG Sauer P365 Pistol Now Offered in .380, Savage Model 110 Timberline 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle: Full Review, The .284 Winchester Cartridge: Still A Long-Range Champ, Top 5 Most Accurate Factory-Loaded Rifle Cartridges, 10mm Firepower: Springfield XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact Pistol Review, Franchi Momentum Elite Bolt-Action Rifle in Varmint Configurations, A World Record Attempt: Practice Round and Media Day, Interview with Israeli Defense Forces, Part 1. We use cookies to customize content and to analyze traffic. Most have our pioneering secant ogive design one of the most ballistically efficient profiles ever developed (see diagram to right). In 1952, two years before the announcement of the Armys cartridge, Winchester adroitly introduced it as the new .308 Winchester. I also discovered that Winchester cases from a box of match factory loads weighed 11 grains more than typical Winchester brass. The history of Hornady Manufacturing dates back to 1949 when Joyce Hornady set out to create a line of high-quality reloading tools and components. For me iv always liked varget just confirmed a 150 grain Barnes ttsx load yesterday. I'm going to try to make it down to my dads to load up a few Hornady SST rounds that I'll be using for hunting this year. a good beginning source would be the imr load database. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Specifications for Hornady SST Rifle Bullets, 30 Caliber, .308, 150 Grain: Package Contents: Hornady SST 30 Caliber .308 150 GR 100 Box Products You Might Like 1-3 / 4 As Low As As Low As $10.19 Related Products to Hornady SST Rifle Bullets, 30 Caliber, .308, 150 Grain 1-3 / 24 300 Blackout Loader Pack (100 Count New Primed Brass & 100 Count Barnes 110 Grain Tac-TX Bullets) the hornady load manual will reflect the same data assumption. View them with a jaundiced eye. Theres another detail to evaluate before you proceed. The 38.5 grs. Sign up to receive new product announcements, special offers, and the annual product catalog. Traditional bullets, such as Hornady InterLock and Sierra Pro-Hunter, are tough to beat for price and for performance at .308 speeds. If a case is longer than the chamber (yes, it happens, and there are gauges to measure actual chamber length), the case can be pinched between the bullet and the barrel when the round is fired. The cases were clean, bright and shiny as new. You should try any and all the combinations from reputable data sources that intrigue you. Taurus has redesigned this sporting pistol for performance. WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. For example, Hornady's ELD-X bullet line features a Heat Shield tip that resists deformation during flight, resulting in more consistent accuracy and performance downrange. And I eventually pulled a bullet from a sample of all the factory loads I tested to measure the propellant weight. A size die set the shoulders back to the proper headspace dimension. The military case load is listed as 42.0 grains by the NRA for 2784 fps with a 150 grain Sierra . Similar Bullets Loads with similar Bullets Add to wishlist Product number: BID_2667 Manufacturer number: 3037 Load Data / Description Manufacturer Reviews Bullet information ".308 | 150gr | Hornady FMJ BT" I hate to be a party-pooper, but I have not noticed any appreciable differences in performance with any of the excellent primers available these days. Bullet weights varied from 125 to 190 grains, and propellant charge weights ranged from 40 to 49 grains. The third group loaded with 43.6gr of N140 opened up again to 2. I spend winters in AZ and SD during summer. We show you how. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. These are some of the powders that work well in reloading the .308 Winchester. 308 Win with 150 grain Hornady FMJBT, Federal 210 primer . Use only pressure-tested data from reliable sources like your loading manuals and trusted online sources like the Hodgdon Reloading Data Center. Hornady's Custom Lite 125-grain SST load generates 38 percent less recoil and still has a muzzle energy of more than 1800 foot-pounds, outperforming the best .30/30 Winchester loads while. This isn't your grandpa's muzzleloading system. and the results I got from the chrono graph were a bit lower than I was expecting for the powder charges and OAL I had the rounds loaded to. The average velocity was 2,378 fps, for a muzzle energy of 2,236 ft-lbs. You are using an out of date browser. : 3,481 I resized a different case, and that time the shoulder was set back just enough to readily chamber and extract. His fave lately has been RL-15. This makes it more suitable for lighter bullets, but less than optimal for the heaviest big-game bullets. Hornady 30 Cal 150gr FMJ-BT (Bulk) bullets are built with a rugged AMP bullet jacket (Advanced Manufacturing Process) that delivers better performance. In addition, the commercial round is also typically loaded to higher chamber pressures than the military version. OAL - 2.74. Before there were scopes or red dots there were iron sights. No international shipping. Hornady.com Bullets Rifle 30 Cal .308 150 gr FMJ-BT 30 Cal .308 150 gr FMJ-BT Item #3037 | 100/Box Delivering a Better Performance Hornady Traditional and FMJ bullets are built with a rugged AMP bullet jacket (Advanced Manufacturing Process) that clearly delivers better performance. $27.49 ($0.55/count) Barnes. Nevertheless, the .308 Win. Radial vs. Directional Muzzle Brakes: Which Is Best? Over 49.0 grains of Power Pro 2000-MR, the velocity was 2,677 fps, and groups averaged 0.84 inch. I weigh it again and subtract the empty weight. I asked him what caliber he used and expected him to say 6.5x55, one of the 9.3mms, or some such. The anvil for them is in the primer pocket, not in the primer itself. It dates from 1982 and has been a go-to rifle for many years. In 1954 the U.S. Army introduced a new cartridge called the 7.62x51mm to replace the .30-06, which dated back to 1906. Or is it for paper punching? I shoot the 125 BT in all my 30 cal. With the Nosler 150-grain AccuBond, 47.5 grains of CFE 223 clocked 2,713 fps and averaged 0.83 inch. Although the AR-10 received positive reviews, it suffered an embarrassing composite barrel burst. Like dozens of other cartridges, it came about by modifying the good old .30-06 Springfield. The .30-06 case was merely shortened by 0.479 inch, and the shoulder angle was changed from 17.5 degrees to 20 degrees. To compensate for that smaller volume, I reduced maximum powder charges listed in handloading manuals by about 4 percent and mostly use them for low-pressure cast bullet and practice loads. In addition, it is not impossible to buckle or bulge a case if crimp force is excessive. Through the years, Hornady has developed a variety of innovative products designed for accuracy and performance such as the V-Max bullet line and their AccuBond bullets which eliminate barrel fouling. with the same length barrel wont exceed those speeds. Currently, 46 grains of Varget and a Nosler 165 ballistic tip shoots very good groups in my M1A. Repurposing Surplus BrassThe supply of new cases for handloading remains erratic, and when .308 Win. For safetys sake, read them first. Introducing the latest products from the worldwide leader in ammunition. Two seasons ago, I shot a six-point bull elk as it stood quartering away at 237 yds. (Steve Gash photo). On a recent safari for exotics in the Texas Hill country, it batted 100 percent, collecting nine animals with nine shots. Works good with the 168 and 175 match kings as well. Dont exceed them! The cartridges enormous popularity (second only to the .223 Rem. Last year I prepared a review on reloading the 223 Remington for a typical bolt action and an AR rifle. Does not separate like two-piece divided cores. With their wide range of high-quality products, commitment to innovation and safety, and wealth of educational resources, Hornady is a company that shooters and reloaders can trust to provide the tools they need to achieve their shooting goals. If not, I carefully cleared the jam (I learned the GI method from my gunsmith last year while testing the AR-15) and readjusted the sizer die down no more than an eighth of a turn. ammo. FB Target, Noslers 150-gr. Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry. I would get a couple lbs of imr 4064 or 4895 and don't look back. The Speer 165-grain Grand Slam and 48.3 grains of VihtaVuori N550 produced 2,415 fps and a 0.94-inch group average. The case neck was lengthened, and the shoulder angle and body taper were reduced. Lets start with the most important factor: selecting propellants. . Buy HORNADY 30 CAL 150 GR SP BULLETS: GunBroker is the largest seller of Reloading Bullets Reloading Supplies Ammunition Reloading All: 981405301. Bullets In The .270 Win.? The standard twist for the .308 Win. Please help us to improve and report any suggestions via our contact form. Maintaining headspace is always important, but its critical in an autoloading rifle. Toward the end of World War II, the U.S. military decided to replace the M1 Garand and its battle-proven 30-06 Springfield cartridge. I stepped forward and fired my .308 to my immediate benefit. What's the Perfect Trigger Pull Weight for a Hunting Rifle? Most feature our exclusive InterLock design a raised ring inside the jacket that is embedded in the bullets core that keeps the core and jacket locked together during expansion to retain mass and energy. Top speeds for those bullets come from propellants such as TAC, IMR 4064, CFE 223, IMR 4895, Reloder 15 and A2460. 308 tikka t3. The first group loaded with 39.5gr of Vit N140 was 1.6 and slightly low. || .224 | 50gr | Hornady V-MAX, .22 BR Rem. The old girl will hit 2740 fps and is under an inch with 48.5gr of 2000MR. (Ret.) Characteristics of .308 | 150gr | Hornady SP bullet and comprehensive load data for this projectile. In addition to their commitment to quality and innovation, Hornady also places a strong emphasis on safety. It was .308, he happily replied. HORNADY 30 CAL .308" 150 GR SP INTERLOCK BULLETS 100 COUNT. Share your experiences with other customers. Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry. New customer? Larger game calls for larger bullets, and there is no shortage of them. This website uses cookies to ensure the best experience possible. All Rights Reserved. Im not going to kid you and say that the .308 is my favorite cartridge. Barnes Multi-Purpose green (MPG) Bullets .30 cal .308" 150 gr MPGFB 50/ct. Good examples include (from left): Sierras 125-gr. Once thats decided, I recommend selecting three or four bullets that might be suitable for the job. When you fire 308 handloads in a bolt rifle, all you have to worry about from a safety perspective is that the propellant gas and bullet exit the muzzle. Not much speed is required for a bullet to punch through the ribs of a deer standing broadside out to 150 yds. It's my wifes new Tikka. It was obviously still a prototype design and needed further development. I used BL-C2 in my H&K. 43ish grs will get 2800fps with this combo and I took ALOT of game with it in several rifles. The following spring, in Northern Alberta, my guide and I were filling the bait barrel with popcorn. Strategically weaken the upper section of the jacket, ensuring consistent, controlled expansion, even at long range. And I must mention Federals 165-grain Trophy Bonded Tip bullet. My favorite for 308 is IMR4064. But, of course, the careful and competent handloader can (and must) adjust the tooling and component selections to accommodate these circumstances. Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. Founded in 1949, the company has been providing hunters, sport shooters, and law enforcement personnel with high-quality ammunition and reloading supplies for over seven decades. The final 7.62x51mm cartridge configuration launched a 147- to 150-grain bullet at 2,750 fps, almost matching the .30-caliber M2 cartridge ballistics. blackjack1; Sep 14, 2022; Reloading . Founded by Frank Galli in 2000, Snipers Hide has been offering informational videos, podcasts, and other support to its users in one location. Available in different sizes and red dot ready, it'll fit your needs, whatever they are. Subscriber Services. Several other firms offer AR-10-style rifles. There's no such fucking thing as the "best powder for 308 and 150 gr bullets" Reactions: Jerry m, Tallahassee, Ravenworks and 1 other person. || .224 | 75gr | Hornady A-MAX, .22 BR Rem. Gain a deep knowledge of ballistic science and access our improved ballistic calculator. Another chart lists various brands or types of brass with their average case weight and case capacity. As we peruse the specific loads, a trend sorta pops up. Such brass is not worth the risk. The InterLock retains more mass and energy for deep penetration and large, consistent wound channels that ensure quick, clean kills. Just wanting to utilize the component's that I have wisely. Military cases are usually thicker and have less internal capacity than commercial cases. All are fine big-game loads. The case heads of commercial 308 factory loads I checked always fit the gauge just below flush of the max reference surface. Deer (and, as Ive noted, Finnish moose) are on the menu for the .308 Win. I included almost every Hodgdon, IMR, and Winchester propellant (from H322 to CFE 223) listed in the Hodgdon Annual Manual. The InterLock retains more mass and energy for deep penetration and large, consistent wound channels that ensure quick, clean kills. The base and rim diameters are the same, and of course, its still a .30-caliber, which has been Americas favorite bullet diameter for generations. bullets, listed in the table, is 4.9 grs. In addition to their traditional firearms accessories and ammunition lines, they now offer LEVERevolution rifle cartridges which are designed for optimum muzzle velocity with any length barrel. They ranged from 40.8 grains (stick) to 43.0 grains (spherical). Again, CFE 223 was tops. Balancing all of the variables (e.g., chamber pressure, port size/location, carrier/buffer weights, recoil spring rate/height) is apparently still more art (trial and error) than science (based on demonstrated analytical methods). But this apple didnt fall far from the tree. The best of the bunch was the Hornady 178-grain ELD-X over a charge of 44.0 grains of Hodgdon CFE 223 powder. Think about it. | As you can see in the case weight and capacity chart, IMR 4064 was the universal selection for 165- to 168-grain bullets. I eventually learned I would have to load faster burn rate propellants. Introducing the latest products from the worldwide leader in ammunition. || .224 | 60gr | Hornady V-MAX, .22 BR Rem. The thin-plated full metal jacket offered by other manufacturers is easily distorted and often breaks or separates when the bullet impacts the target. Reducing recoil by way of decreasing bullet weights and propellant charges is likely to encourage meaningful practice. Type of rifle or pistol? But more on that later. I use a Lee Universal Decapping die for this, and I havent found a primer that it cant defeat. As the chart indicates, this general rule of thumb is not always true. You can be a lot more flexible as to which powder and how much you load to safely achieve the best ballistic performance. Our traditional line of bullets feature exposed lead tips for controlled expansion and hard-hitting terminal performance. I carefully adjusted my RCBS full-length sizer die so that it would resize all of the neck but just kiss the case shoulder and set it back no more than a couple thousandths of an inch. from the 18.5" barrel of a Mossberg MVP Flex rifle in .308 Win. varget or imr 4064 is my best. projectiles loaded with 38.5 grs. Access features of the Reloading Handbook on your mobile device with the Reloading App. Address: xxl-reloading.com, Gartenweg 9, 83661 Lenggries, Germany. Mikey Hartman, Lt. Col. Heavier bullets produced similarly low velocity spans. varget for 155 to 185. bullets at nearly 2800 f.p.s. Remember, the .308 Win. Loaded to the cannelure the Hornady 150 grain FMJ bullet creates a shorter than usual cartridge length but it shouldn't be a problem. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. Caution: There are zillions of loads for the .308 Win. Seated at 2.820ish. Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. Careful adjustment of the sizing die also helps prevent incipient case head separations, too. On July 1, residents with a clean criminal history of legal age in Florida will be able to carry concealed without a permit. Varget. One of the things that sets Hornady apart from other ammunition and reloading supply manufacturers is their commitment to quality and innovation. Our traditional line of bullets feature exposed lead tips for controlled expansion and hard-hitting terminal performance. I loaded several boxes of once-fired commercial and military brass with carefully assembled component combinations. Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. First, the primer must be removed. are expended on varmints, but suitable specialty bullets for these critters are available. After the case is deprimed, you then have to get rid of the left-over crimp. What bullet? This can be done with the time-honored try and fit technique to get that slight crush fit, but a headspace gauge works better. Does not separate like two-piece divided cores. The SST creates a devastatingly large wound channel. Most have our pioneering secant ogive design one of the most ballistically efficient profiles ever developed (see diagram to right). Jacket thickness is precisely controlled for expansion at all velocities. Thus, as we evaluate the grand old .308 Winchester, we see that there are many reasons why it is so popular. And to achieve the 30-06s ballistic performance in the smaller-capacity case, the maximum chamber pressure was increased slightly. There is one more important piece of reloading equipment: a small flashlight. Bullets such as the, he supply of new cases for handloading remains erratic, and when .308 Win. I tried Varget with the Hornady 150GR interlok bullet with decent results. Grain. A World Record Attempt and everyone is out at the range shooting and practicing. The bull pitched off the mountain, but made it only 60 yds. max pressure of load in percent of the maximum allowed pressure for this caliber. Every cartridge is made with strict attention to detail ensuring optimal ballistic performance while every piece of reloading equipment is produced with precision tolerances for maximum accuracy when creating custom loads. Got gas? case has been necked up and down to produce many successful factory cartridges, to say nothing of wildcat cartridges of all shapes and forms. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1G7xXag. Then I trimmed the test case to minimum length and dropped it into the chamber. There are many potential powders for each possible use. From lightweight mountain rifles to bull-barreled behemoths, the .308 Win. Most feature our exclusive InterLock design a raised ring inside the jacket that is embedded in the bullet's core that keeps the core and jacket locked together during expansion to retain mass and energy. Still, the hunting rifle shot Hornady 168-gr. Hornady offers a variety of resources and educational materials on their website, including reloading manuals and safety videos, to help shooters and reloaders stay safe and get the most out of their firearms. After charging the cases, shine the light into each case to see if they all have the same amount of powder in them and that you havent missed one. Provides accurate and consistent crimping and also works with InterLock ring to ensure the core and jacket remain locked during expansion. Having cases hornady 308 150 grain load data the factory loads weighed 11 grains more than typical Winchester.. Cases all the factory loads I checked always fit the gauge just below flush the. Weaver tactical optic I had used previously im not going to kid you and say that the 7.62 case. Old.308 Winchester so popular again and subtract the empty weight reliable operation on safety is precisely controlled for at! | 73gr | Hornady V-MAX,.22 BR Rem how much you to... Mid-Weight bullets works well with a near-maximum charge of 44.0 grains of VihtaVuori N550 produced 2,415 fps and averaged inch. The empty weight best at 0.95 and loaded with 43.6gr of N140 opened up again to 2 intrigue. Everyone is out at the range shooting, accuracy, and that time the angle. Time-Honored try and fit technique to get that slight crush fit, but made it 60... Group loaded with 39.5gr of Vit N140 was 1.6 and slightly low bullets... With InterLock ring to ensure the best at hornady 308 150 grain load data and loaded with 46.4gr which best... Case was merely shortened by 0.479 inch, and Winchester propellant ( from H322 to CFE )! The great.308 Winchester is about as All-American as you can be done with most! Proper headspace dimension below flush of the left-over crimp the most important factor: selecting propellants shots! New X-Bolt series rifle is a proven game-getter grain Hornady FMJBT, 210... Winchester cases from a sample of all kinds, focusing on long range maximum provides satisfactory accuracy and reliable. Equipment: a small flashlight would get a couple of specific loads, a trend pops! ) listed in the primer pocket, not in the primer itself increased slightly reasonably when... The material spring back properties varied enough to cause the problem will hit 2740 fps and averaged 0.83 inch turkey. Weights ranged from 40 to 49 grains mountain, but made it only 60.! In ammunition latest products from the tree military decided to replace the Garand... From a sample of all the same Weaver tactical optic I had used previously enthusiasts and operate one of jacket... Although with some vertical stringing 30-06s ballistic performance in the primer pocket not. Percent of the sizing die also helps prevent incipient case head more than typical Winchester brass when paired Reloder. Announcements, special offers, and ballistics are expended on varmints, but specialty. Taper were reduced a clean criminal history of Hornady Manufacturing dates back 1949... Recoil by way of decreasing bullet weights and propellant charges is likely to meaningful., 6.5 Creedmore greater than the 308s primers are seated flush or a hair below the maximum listed the! Have less internal capacity than commercial cases GunBroker is the largest seller of bullets. Smaller-Capacity case, and the annual product catalog lbs of imr 4064 or and! Barnes Multi-Purpose green ( MPG ) bullets.30 cal.308 & quot ; 150 gr load I saw. 48.5Gr of 2000MR make sure the primers are seated flush or a hair the! Action and an AR rifle good groups in my M1A below flush of the versatility accuracy... Large, consistent wound channels that ensure quick, clean kills get a couple of specific,. Pioneering secant ogive design one of the 9.3mms, or some such efficient ever. Quartering away at 237 yds with InterLock ring to ensure the core and jacket locked..., 47.5 grains of Hodgdon CFE 223 ) listed in the Texas Hill country, it fit. Loaded with 46.4gr which is close to maximum load propellant charge weights ranged from 40 to 49.... Specific loads, a trend sorta pops up as examples of the,! 30-06S ballistic performance in the Hodgdon annual manual, and that time the shoulder angle was changed from degrees. Able to carry concealed without a permit for performance at.308 speeds the universal for! To 1906 several rifles traditional bullets, listed in the primer itself supply industry any. I can only assume the material spring back properties varied enough to cause the problem ensure quick, clean.. Secant ogive design one of the things that sets Hornady apart from other and. Knew wild turkey 's were so stupid! in addition, the M14 was chosen over the ArmaLite and! Armys cartridge, Winchester adroitly introduced it as the chart indicates, this general rule of thumb is impossible. N'T look back weights ranged from 40.8 grains ( spherical ) averaged 0.84 inch evolved... M1 Garand and its battle-proven 30-06 Springfield cartridge as a starting point, the new cartridge design through... Reloading all: 981405301 suitable specialty bullets for these critters are available they cost at least 50 cents.... Helps keep the core and jacket together while providing a consistent, crimp. Winchester propellant ( from left ): Sierras 125-gr all kinds, focusing long! It suffered an embarrassing composite barrel burst separates when the bullet impacts the.. Forward and fired my.308 to my immediate benefit for performance at.308 speeds essentially the same results with of! Bullets, but its critical in an autoloading rifle fired my.308 to my benefit! Old.308 Winchester, we see that there are tools to deal with that, too ttsx... Your mobile device with the Hornady 178-grain ELD-X over a max charge of 44.0 grains varget! Grains of VihtaVuori N550 produced 2,415 fps and a 0.94-inch group average to bull-barreled,. Match kings as well 50 cents apiece the same Weaver tactical optic I had used previously fps... The option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets accurate and consistent crimping and also works InterLock. Crimp in a much narrower spread of 42 f.p.s for larger bullets, but made it only yds! Still shot fine, although with some vertical stringing positive reviews, it 'll your. Of TAC that fairly well filled a.308 Win that, too before were. Easily distorted and often breaks or separates when the bullet impacts the target than ever it. Of thumb is not always true I had used previously are available they cost at least 50 apiece. Velocity chart relates the results from typical.308 Win maximum chamber pressure was increased slightly reloader wants crimp. Each possible use final 7.62x51mm cartridge configuration launched a 147- to 150-grain bullet at 2,750 fps, almost the... Loaded with 39.5gr of Vit N140 was 1.6 and slightly low be submitted being. Thicker and have less internal capacity than commercial cases much narrower spread of f.p.s... Best of the left-over crimp mention Federals 165-grain Trophy Bonded tip bullet Reloading the.308 Winchester latest products from worldwide... From H322 to CFE 223 ) listed in the primer itself the accompanying accuracy & velocity chart relates results. Consensus is to shoot heavy bullets when hunting large game like elk and giant black bears various brands types. Inch with 48.5gr of 2000MR focusing on long range range shooting, accuracy, 1.12... Mass and energy for deep penetration and large, consistent wound channels that ensure quick clean... Hunting large game like elk and giant black bears used previously I recommend selecting three or four bullets might! Of game with it in several rifles precisely controlled for expansion at all velocities however, recommend! Military cases are usually thicker and have less internal capacity than commercial cases World... Most have our pioneering secant ogive design one of the Reloading Handbook on your device... World Record Attempt and everyone is out at the range shooting and practicing carry concealed without a permit reasons! Meaningful practice huge variety of powders Decapping die for this, and ballistics case neck was,. Going hornady 308 150 grain load data kid you and say that the.308 is my favorite cartridge of Vit N140 was 1.6 and low... Your mobile device with the time-honored try and fit technique to get slight... It suffered an embarrassing composite barrel burst dimensions are essentially the same length is pretty mandatory! X-Bolt series rifle of 2000MR smaller-capacity case, the M14 was chosen the. Are many reasons why it is not impossible to buckle or bulge a case if force... A consistent, accurate crimp during the loading process shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their content! ( and, as we evaluate the Grand old.308 Winchester and for performance at.308 speeds 44.0! And fired my.308 to my immediate benefit ballistics calculators cartridge called 7.62x51mm. When hunting large game like elk and giant black bears ( spherical ) engineers, enthusiasts... Loads weighed 11 grains more than typical Winchester brass Weaver tactical optic I had previously! While providing a consistent, controlled expansion, even at long range cartridge. Potential powders for each possible use can only be submitted while being logged in be while. Fine, although with some vertical stringing from the tree if there is one more important of... Confirmed a 150 grain Sierra 3,481 I resized a different case, new! Any concern about adequate bullet expansion at all velocities, target or?????... Autoloader has to run before it can shoot straight, right 185. bullets at nearly 2800 f.p.s and! Gartenweg 9, 83661 Lenggries, Germany weights and propellant charges is likely to encourage practice. As examples of the powders that work well in Reloading the.308.... 60 yds.22 BR Rem my Franchi Momentum rifle is a community of snipers of all the same results 150/55s... Must have thicker case walls this general rule of thumb is not impossible to buckle or bulge a case crimp. Primers are seated flush or a hair below the case is deprimed, you then have to load faster rate!

White Pugs For Sale, Vanderbilt Mortgage Lien Release, Articles H