Views enabled by these cameras are easily accessed by selecting the available Camera App on the touch-screen display. Outward visibility is exceptional, with huge windows and a steeply sloping hood allowing the driver to spot things on the ground as close as 17 feet from the front bumper, Eaves said. Government The truck has easy entry and exit and exceptional outward visibility. The Allison Transmission is one of the most important features of Duramax trucks. The Silverado 3500 HD Chassis Cab offers the power and capability you need with a max GVWR of14,000 lbs. Trucks are 33k gvw. The L5P utilizes a new two-piece oil pan for greater NVH reduction and durability. 2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite AirEFI'd by Rob. The L5P Duramax utilizes a variable geometry turbocharger supplied by Borgwerner that is electrically actuated and electronically controlled. Well go over all these factors in this post, our comprehensive guide to the 6.6L L5P Duramax Diesel. Propane bobtail engine series 3116 engine capacity 6 cylinder, 6. Wide-track front axles allow a sharp wheel cut, and set-back positioning of the axle shortens the wheelbase. Diesel is more expensive but buying less equals out over wear and tear on the gas engine. The Chevy we sampled was about in the middle of all this, a Silverado 1500 with extended cab, 2WD, 5.7-liter Vortec V8 and a five-speed manual transmission. What is the Max towing capacity (bumper pull & 5th wheel) for the 4500 and 5500? 2010 Gmc 2500 Duramax 853,500 Odometer miles - sold Nov 2018. 44 0 obj I'm not sure but I think the transmission for that year is the 4l80e. The crew cab C7500 has five wheelbase options, from 194 inches to 260 inches. Keep reading to find the vehicle capable of handling all your towing and trailering needs. She currently writes for various websites and enjoys reading a wide variety of books. The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds. The smallest size produces 215 horsepower at 2,200 rpm and 560 pound-feet of torque. Requires 18-inch or 20-inch wheels. The total weight of my equipment will be around 18k pounds and my gooseneck or pintle hitch trailer (depending on the route I take) will be around 7k pounds. Full Forum Listing. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The non-synchro transmission separates the rookies from the big truckers, and you have to be a double-clutchin' character to drive it well. Consider adding an aftermarket exhaust brake. At UCC this last year, we saw multiple LBZ Duramax trucks killing it at both the track and the dyno. Braden Carlson. http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/towing-hauling/15498-3500-vrs-4500-a.html#post149043. In the '90s I bought an IH 2375 with an L10 to run with the 1700, and he knew I was going to hate it. JavaScript is disabled. That's better than the Ram 3500 HD and Ford F-350 Super Dutyfor now, at least. You may or may not like the streamlined West Coast mirrors the designers have come up with. It has been moved to the gas cap. "https://www.kennedydiesel.com",