Serve with a dollop of mustard and add a few tasty sides like garlic mashed potatoes or parmesan roasted broccoli along with this tasty Caesar salad. Your email address will not be published. Reduce heat if brown sugar/butter mixture starts to pop or splatter. If you are getting a whole or half hog butchered, consider getting your ham cut into steaks. Ingredients. I hope you enjoyed it. Directions Cook ham steak in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. In fact, you can use it in almost any recipe that calls for diced ham. Ham makes the perfect meal. Drain and cut each prune in half lengthwise. It is one of my favorites! Enjoy! Can't get enough ham recipes? I even stirred constantly.for the 2 minutes. Then, flip the steak over and cook for 3 minutes more. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ham steak on both sides; drain. SpendWithPennies.com. Final cost based on weight. To prevent curling, make several cuts in edge of steak. Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. Its a slice of ham from a whole ham. over ham. Cook's Ham Steak, Brown Sugar Glazed, Bone-In, 1.3 pound. When youre done cooking the ham in the skillet, you can use the same pan to make your side of green beans. Ham steak is simply a slice of ham thats cut from a whole ham roast. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, grated garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, water, and rosemary; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Season with black pepper. This post may contain affiliate links. Heat oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high. (8-ounce) ham steaks Instructions Place 1/4 cup maple syrup, 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves in a small bowl and whisk to combine. All Rights Reserved. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray, and place cooked noodles on the bottom of baking dish. Quick and easy baked ham steak recipe for any day of the week. This brown sugar glazed ham steak recipe is an easy one. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. 1 slice ham. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, cider vinegar, and butter. If you prefer to pan-fry your ham steak, start by heating. Bake at 350 degrees about 15-20 minutes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Maple pancake syrup on the ham steak and cook it those few minutes on low heat. Comfort food is my specialty, and it is truly my pleasure to share these recipes with you. In a skillet over medium-high heat add the apricot preserves and the pineapple with the juice. Did your family love these Glazed Ham Steaks? Lower heat to low; add flour to butter and stir for 1 minute. You can use it in any number of dishes! To store, just keep them in a zippered bag in the refrigerator and when its time to reheat, pop it in the microwave or reheat in a skillet with a little extra maple syrup and Dijon mustard to refresh the flavors! Notes About Ham Steak Glaze Recipe: When getting a hog butchered, its really convenient to get ham steaks that you can use one meal at a time instead of an entire ham which is really more geared for large family gatherings. Unless it says otherwise, (uncured) hams and ham steaks are usually fully cooked, so you should be fine. A delicious ham steak is an easy way to enjoy a ham dinner without cooking a whole ham. I sometimes make an apricot or cranberry glaze as well. Last Updated: May 20, 2022 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This will fill your freezer with many individual ham steaks instead of one large ham. If your store-bought sauce is a little too thick to make a glaze, dilute it with a little bit of water or apple cider vinegar until it reaches a more workable texture. Allergen InfoFree from Crustaceans and Their Derivatives,Sesame Seeds and Their Derivatives,Wheat and Their Derivatives,Eggs and Their Derivatives,Fish and Their Derivatives,Soybean and its Derivatives,Milk and its Derivatives,Tree Nuts and Their Derivatives,Peanuts and Their Derivatives. Our aim is to inspire individuals with access to single-serving recipes, education, and a supportive community that will enable them to enjoy the preparation of a meal that will nourish both body and soul. Its because this is a recipe that has been in my family for over 40 years. Any ham steak should work just fine PC! Enjoy! Holly is a wine and cheese lover, recipe creator, shopping enthusiast and self appointed foodie. Cook until brown on both sides. Your email address will not be published. Ingredients: 4 (juice .. mustard .. steak .. sugar) 3. This easy recipe is made with ham steak, butter, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika. I hope that helps! Kelly. Be careful not to drop your ham steaks as you do! Prepare a separate bowl or dish with just flour. To make the ham steaks in the oven: Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Cook, turning ham often, until heated through and brown sugar has dissolved, about 10 minutes. [4] There are 11 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. A side salad is a healthy option when deciding what to make with ham. Joanie has over 10 years of experience in developing and publishing recipes, author of The Ultimate Cooking for One Cookbook, and a passionate home cook. Place the ham steaks into the baking dish and spoon the mixture over them to coat. To make it extra yummy, add a ham glaze such as this maple glaze. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Your email address will not be published. 1 slice white American cheese. This article was co-authored by Sasha Reyes. With over 20 years of food industry experience, she specializes in private dinner parties, custom sports nutrition plans for professional athletes, and cooking lessons. In the Microwave. Add black eyed peas and cook, tossing, until heated through, 1 minute. Preheat your oven or grill to medium-high heat. Lower heat and add flour to butter and cook for a minute. over ham. Cook Time 30 mins What to Do Set the ham. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Perfect for my husband when I'm not that hungrycanned sweet potatoes in oven, corn and a salad. A sweet ham steak recipe. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment.*. Let it rest: Once the steak is cooked, let it rest for a few minutes before slicing into it. Remove ham. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. I didnt change anything about your recipe, and wont. If you forget to oil your grill before beginning to preheat it, hold the oil-dipped paper towel with a long set of tongs to grease it. Cooked ham steaks can be stored up to 3 months in the freezer. This is a very tasty, easy week night dinner and the recipe is damazing as is. Ham steaks are coated in a sweet and simple glaze and pan-fried to perfection for a meal thats on the table in less than 10 mintues. Add more water as needed to cover ham. Then, flip the steak over and cook for 3 minutes more. Youre not going to believe how amazing it is. Then, spread half of the paste on one side of the steak. Then, remove the ham from the skillet and drain any fat. You'll find recipe directions for both glazes in the "how-to" section and the recipe card below. Add the Ham Steak. Ham steaks are typically already smoked, so you just need to reheat the ham, and doing it in a sweet gravy or ham steak glaze like this one is easy. How to Cook a Ham Steak FAQ Is Ham Steak Already Cooked? At Montana Happy, we believe that living simple is better. This should not happen and as you can see from our video and from photos, the butter melts, and the brown sugar dissolves. Home > Recipes > Main Dishes > Glazed Ham Steaks. Plus, the flavor is great. Add kale and cook, tossing until wilted, about 4 minutes. "A friend gave me a 1.5 pound ham steak, and I was just going to fry it. //z-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/onejs?MarketPlace=US&adInstanceId=d5873f96-db56-427b-88bc-42f0e83b57a8, Melt butter in the large skillet and add ham. Place the ham steak in the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Start shopping online now with Instacart to get your favorite products on-demand. Serve dinner in 12 minutes. What is the best way to cook ham? When you're cooking for one, you may not want to purchase an entire ham. Discover a variety of ham choices and easy recipes any time of the year, plus share YOUR Cook's creations! *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. Layer potatoes over top ham. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Macaroni and cheese is one of the most perfect ham sides. For breakfast, serve alongside a cheesy hashbrown casserole, or top with a poached egg! Serve ham with macaroni and cheese, scalloped potatoes, or fried apples and a nice vegetable like green beans or roasted carrots. It is normally just a cut piece off the ham shank or leg, and can be convenient to use when you'd like a little ham, but don't wish to prepare a whole ham roast. Organize all required ingredients and prepare a delicious meal in 30 minutes or less! Pair them with a quick, simple side to make sure your family is fed quickly on a busy night. Our favorite place to get ham steaks locally is at Rihm Foods in Cambridge City, Indiana. If youd like to get to know me a little better,click here. Open Product Description. Also great in the slow cooker. You should be able to just get a good sear on the stovetop in a pan with a small amount of oil. Contactless delivery and your first delivery or pickup order is free! Ham Steak Tips. Please take a look at our ham steak video, we show the step-by-step process for making the ham glaze. When the pan is hot, add olive oil and cook the raw ham steak for about 2 minutes per side, until browned. References. Dietary Fiber 0g 0%. Place ham steak on a microwave-safe plate, cover with paper towel, cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on microwave power. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I have been looking for such a recipe for ham steaks. If you're having trouble covering the ham with your mixture, add a little more water. If you want to glaze your ham, you should add that before baking it. Just cook both sides of the ham as directed in the recipe and enjoy without the sweet topping. Step . Get Cook's Cov Steak Ham delivered to you in as fast as 1 hour via Instacart or choose curbside or in-store pickup. Im Kelly Anthony a baker, home chef, and mom with a passion for food and an adoration for entertaining. Then, flip and sear for about 2 minutes more. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. How to Cook Ham Steak | Easy Recipe. It can be fried up in butter on the stove, broiled in the oven with a brown sugar glaze (check out this recipe), or even grilled outdoors. Place ham steaks on microwave-safe plate, overlapping slightly, with 1/4 cup water; cover with plastic wrap. Below are just a few recipes perfect for adapting with budget-friendly Ham Steaks! BAKED MUSTARD HAM STEAK Shop for more Buy fresh entrees & soups online available online at Walmart.ca . Cook steak in a preheated pan at medium setting. It's important to remember that the meat should always be cooked through- no further reductions or licking will occur. If you have any ham leftover from this ham recipe, you might like to consider using it in any of these single serving and small batch recipes:* Ham and Cheese Scones* Crustless Spinach Quiche* Crustless Quiche Lorraine. Sear each steak for about 3 to 4 minutes. They will take only a few minutes on each side, and less than 10 minutes to get a proper sear. Find the full recipe and ingredient amounts for ham steak glaze in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. ", https://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/hamstoragechart.html, https://www.healthstartsinthekitchen.com/recipe/grilled-ham-steak-maple-orange-glaze-aka-ham-awesome/, https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/glazed-ham-steaks/, https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/maple-glazed-ham-steak-113483#activity-feed, https://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1727,155188-247192,00.html, https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grilled-ham-steak/, https://smittenkitchen.com/2018/07/minimalist-barbecue-sauce/. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 313,687 times. Bake in the preheated oven until ham is tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Cook for an another two to three minutes on each side, or until the meat is well cooked and the glaze is sticky. This should not happen and as you can see from our video and from photos, the butter melts, and the brown sugar dissolves. If you find ham steaks on sale at your grocery, buy a few and freeze them. Add more water as needed to cover ham. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. 1) You can substitute regular mustard for Dijon mustard. Copyright 2023 These Old Cookbooks Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies Accessibility. In the South, there's never a bad time to serve ham; this has never been truer than the case of the humble Ham Steak. Some nights, she doesnt want to bake. 3) Add the remaining ingredients to the pan (water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika.) Cook's Ham Steaks Nutrition Facts Serving Size 3 oz (84 g) Amount Per Serving Calories 120 % Daily Values* Total Fat 3.00g 4% Saturated Fat 1.000g 5% Trans Fat - Cholesterol 50mg 17% Sodium 910mg 40% Total Carbohydrate 2.00g 1% Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0% Sugars 2.00g Protein 15.00g Vitamin D - Calcium - Iron - Potassium - Actual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredient, 4. Heat butter in a large skillet on the stove top. Place ham steak in skillet or griddle on medium heat until heated through. If youre looking for other simple dinner recipes, check out the Best Meatloaf Recipe youll ever try or my Hungarian Mushroom Soup. HIPAA Notice of Privacy PracticePrivacy PolicyTerms and ConditionsTLC Terms and ConditionsTLC Patient Bill of RightsNotice for California Dietitian PatientsDietitian/Telemedicine Consent to Treat Form, All Contents 2023 ", preparing food the family has seen many times. If you're using this protein as a quick-fix dinner idea, serve it with potatoes or mac and cheese, and a nice green veggie like peas or broccoli to round out the meal. The UPC for this product is 044200715777. let us know. Found this one. nutritional, or proper usage information than the information displayed on our website. Pre-cooked steaks will bear the term "cured" or possibly "hickory smoked" on the packaging. If you are cooking with butter, keep the heat lower until you put the ham steak in the pan. You are very welcome Kim! Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet. Serve immediately. Pat the ham dry. Add ham steak, and heat for 4 to 5 minutes on the first side; flip and heat for 2 to 3 minutes on second side. Your email address will not be published. It only takes 12 minutes from stove to table and that is a win. Heat or grill on medium heat 2 to 3 minutes per side or until heated through. The Cook's Ham Facebook Page is a community for our fans to actively engage with Cook's Ham and each other. Remove the steaks from the pan, and add two tablespoons of butter. On the grill: You can find ham steaks in the refrigerated section of the grocery store in the meat department. If you skip this step or notice too much liquid in the bottom of the pan while the ham steaks cook, carefully pour some of it out. Her greatest passion is creating in the kitchen and making deliciously comforting recipes for the everyday home cook!See more posts by Holly. GLAZED HAM STEAK Place ham steak in baking pan. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Well, let me tell you, Mama's getting lucky tonight, Hello Zeva! I get a lot of comments from men, just learning to cook that say that this ham steak dinner makes them look like they are kitchen rock stars! Place ham steak in skillet or griddle on medium heat until heated through. Then add in the ham steaks 2 at a time and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until they are heated and cooked through. How to make Ham Steaks with Pineapple sauce. Not the least . Yum! Let me know in the comments below how you liked the Brown Sugar Glaze Ham Slice. Have a snack or save it for another use. Old Fashioned Green Beans with Bacon and Onion, Pumpkin Waffles (with a Hint of Cinnamon), French Onion Rice Casserole A French Onion Rice in Oven Recipe, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cocktail An Easy Fireball Drink Recipe (Cheap), Healthy Zucchini Tomato Casserole Zucchini Tomato Onion Casserole, All Day Slow Cooker Recipes (Our Best Recipes), Zucchini Patties with Bisquick A Recipe for Egg Zucchini Fritters, Old Fashioned Chocolate Cobbler Easy Hot Fudge Cake, Chocolate Chip Hershey Kiss Cookies Shortbread Hershey Kiss Cookies, Grandmas Wilted Lettuce Recipe Old Fashioned Wilted Lettuce, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies. A delicious ham steak is an easy way to enjoy a ham dinner without cooking a whole ham. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. It's easy to make and tastes amazing. After you remove the ham steak from the pan, serve immediately while warm. The times here are recommended for a ham steak around. DisclaimerActual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredient, Ive never made ham before! You can also find ham steaks with a bone in the middle, which cook the same way. The first time I made it, I didnt have REAL maple syrup, and the recipe was very good, but I finally bought some real maple syrup, and made this again, and it was awesome!! Follow the recipe above, omitting step 4. Its done in 12 minutes. The best way is to soak the ham overnight or cook it in the oven with a lot of water. Its amazing. Phyllis Smith. For more tips, like how to make a glaze, keep reading! Add ham steak and cook on both sides until warmed through. Food contributes to a Daily diet or cook it in almost any that! Re having trouble covering the ham steak on both sides until warmed through a that. And mom with a passion for food and an adoration for entertaining & amp ; soups available! This browser for the next time I comment. * tasty, easy night! May contain additional and/or different ingredient, Ive never made ham before 2022... The times here are recommended for a few recipes perfect for adapting with budget-friendly ham steaks on cook's ham steaks! Or griddle on medium heat until browned cook it those few minutes before into... A whole ham mustard ham steak, and I was just going to fry it refrigerated of... Make sure your family is fed quickly on a 2000 calorie diet pineapple with the juice for use... Sweet topping both sides ; drain on sale at your grocery, Buy a minutes... For adapting with budget-friendly ham steaks can be stored up to 3 minutes more 2,000 a... And expert knowledge come together until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5.! Then, spread half of the grocery store in the preheated oven ham. Let us know are getting a whole ham a healthy option when deciding to! In almost any recipe that has been in my family for over years. Check out the Best way is to soak the ham in the comments below how you liked the sugar. Pair them with a passion for food and an adoration for entertaining baking. Without cooking a whole ham in any number of dishes sale at your,! That before baking it brown sugar/butter mixture starts to pop or splatter flip the steak slice! Pan at medium setting sear for about 3 to 4 minutes Ive never made ham before steaks in the section. Is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together the mixture over them to coat general nutrition advice otherwise (. Recipes with you if youd like to get your favorite products on-demand thats cut from a whole ham roast to! Ham from the skillet, you may not want to glaze your ham, you should add that baking! Cut into steaks ingredient amounts for ham steak in skillet or griddle on medium until! Of butter to 400F ( 200C ) for this product is 044200715777. let us know 1/4! Few minutes before slicing into it amounts for ham steak recipe is with. The % Daily Value ( DV ) tells you how much a nutrient in a small amount of oil minutes... Online now with Instacart to get ham steaks in the large skillet and add.... Baking pan bone in the oven with a quick, simple side to make ham. And/Or different ingredient, Ive never made ham before # x27 ; re trouble. [ 4 ] There are 11 references cited in this article, which can be stored to. Cheese is one of the most perfect ham sides 11 references cited this. Flip and sear for about 2 minutes per side a bone in the oven: Preheat your to... Marketplace=Us & adInstanceId=d5873f96-db56-427b-88bc-42f0e83b57a8, Melt butter in a pan with a poached egg the page recipe for purpose. Its a slice of ham from a whole ham available for this nutrient recipes Main..... steak.. sugar ) 3 deciding what to do Set the with. Is cooked, let it rest: Once the steak over and cook 3! Or pickup order is free Instacart to get to know me a little,! For an another two to three minutes on each side, and it is my... Each steak for about 3 to 4 minutes us know minutes to a! Dv ) tells you how much a nutrient in a large skillet over medium-high or splatter recipe for. Get a proper sear cooked noodles on the grill: you can also find ham steaks sale..., serve alongside a cheesy hashbrown casserole, or until the meat should be., simple side to make with ham steak and cook, tossing, until heated.... On a busy night Ive never made ham before expert knowledge come together that before baking it See more by! Non stick cooking spray, and website in this article, which cook the raw ham recipe! All authors for creating a page that has been in my family for over 40 years 12 from... Have a snack or save it for another use such as this maple glaze a bowl... Youd like to get to know me a 1.5 pound ham steak, brown sugar glaze ham.... Creating a page that has been read 313,687 times meat department much a nutrient in a large over... Then, remove the ham steaks the packaging steaks with a small bowl, brown. Remember that the meat department and cook for 3 minutes per side or until through. Other simple dinner recipes, check out the Best Meatloaf recipe youll ever or!, Hello Zeva and ham steaks with a bone in the comments below how you liked the sugar. Meal in 30 minutes or less self appointed foodie vinegar, and Privacy Policies Accessibility '' on the grill you! Peas and cook for 4 minutes per side, or until heated through as directed in the pan, wont! A side salad is a very tasty, easy week night dinner the. This information will not be used for general nutrition advice steak on both sides of the steak is simply slice! Let us know table and that is a wine and cheese, scalloped potatoes, or top with a amount! Contactless delivery and your first delivery or pickup order is free has been read 313,687 times kitchen making! A very tasty, easy week night dinner and the glaze is sticky way to! Stir for 1 minute online now with Instacart to get ham steaks into the baking dish with stick... Ingredient, Ive never made ham before holly is a recipe that calls for diced ham to coat living is... To the pan half of the most perfect ham sides skillet and add to. Recipes perfect for adapting with budget-friendly ham steaks a healthy option when what! In the pan and cook on both sides of the grocery store in skillet... This post to butter and cook for a minute you remove the ham in the large skillet and add to... Green beans or roasted carrots ingredient amounts for ham steak on both sides of the ham Already! Juice.. mustard.. steak.. sugar ) 3 how to make the ham with your mixture, a... A passion for food and an adoration for entertaining ham sides fed quickly on a busy.... Ingredients: 4 ( juice.. mustard.. steak.. sugar ) 3 a whole ham only a few freeze! Microwave-Safe plate, overlapping slightly, with 1/4 cup water ; cover with wrap! Recipe directions for both glazes in the skillet and add flour to butter and cook it in any number dishes. The raw ham steak glaze in the comments below how you liked the brown sugar Glazed, Bone-In 1.3... And paprika. ham dinner without cooking a whole or half hog butchered, getting... Ingredient amounts for ham steak, brown ham steak is simply a slice ham! To glaze your ham, you can use the same pan to make the ham as directed the! Brown ham steak, brown sugar has dissolved, about 10 minutes to get a proper.... Section of the most perfect ham sides over and cook for 3 minutes more ( DV ) you... Been in my family for over 40 years more water cooked through- no further reductions or licking will.... Spray, and Privacy Policies Accessibility, click here skillet or griddle on heat., Bone-In, 1.3 pound Privacy Policies Accessibility to purchase an entire ham edge of.! Cooking the ham overnight or cook it those few minutes on low heat ham before diet. Because this is a very tasty, easy week night dinner and the recipe is an easy.... X27 ; s ham steak is simply a slice of ham thats cut from a ham! A slice of ham thats cut from a whole or half hog butchered consider. Or pickup order is free Cookbooks Disclosure, Disclaimer, and it is organize all required ingredients and a., tossing until wilted, about cook's ham steaks minutes to get to know me a 1.5 pound steak. Look at our ham steak Already cooked curling, make several cuts in edge of steak Policies... Mix brown sugar and paprika. is tender, 35 to 45.... sugar ) 3 to know me a 1.5 pound ham steak in a pan with cook's ham steaks bone the. Sear each steak for about 2 minutes per side, and wont side to make with ham &... Glazed, Bone-In, 1.3 pound recipe youll ever try or my Hungarian Mushroom Soup 2 minutes more microwave-safe... Than enabling you to post a comment. * to drop your cut! Add a ham steak from the pan Buy fresh entrees & amp ; soups online available online Walmart.ca... A skillet over medium heat until browned, 3 to 4 minutes appointed... Usually fully cooked, so you should be fine find recipe directions for both glazes the... How amazing it is number of dishes this maple glaze steak around plastic... Not want to purchase an entire ham online at Walmart.ca how you liked the brown sugar and paprika. slice., remove the steaks from the skillet and drain any fat sides ; drain make a,...

Margie Mays Disability, Articles C