After setting yourHeat pump staging modeto Manual, youll be able to adjust the exact thresholds to match your equipment. Say, Discover my devices, or select Add Device in the Devices section of the Alexa app. To view GLAS full installation instructions, click here. In both of these cases, air flows through the wall that is a different temperature than the air in your room. After selecting On, you can optionally select a specific amount of time to run the fan for before going back to Auto mode. Ads dont serve these purposes, so we dont include them on GLAS. GLAS Will then automatically switch back to the preset temperature preferences when your home next switches between Home, Away and Sleep. This way, GLAS can help save you energy by only ventilating when the air quality needs to be improved. What is humidity and why is it important? How do I know if my system is compatible with GLAS? The stove was installed in 1998 and has had trouble consistantly igniting the main burner using the thermostat for a few years. If the system does not power on in a few minutes, it is off. GLAS supports nearly all types of heat pump systems. If you have entered passwords for other networks, your system will automatically connect to them. Most furnaces have a high-limit switch that prevents the system from overheating. . If your thermostat screen goes blank after several minutes of operation, it could be due to the high-limit switch tripping. Can GLAS still help control my air quality? Outdoor weather tracking also allows the thermostat to calculate your energy savings to improve your energy usage. The new network will be added to the network list. Can I control GLAS smart thermostats that are installed in different homes or locations from a single app? Just add the 3rd wire from the adapter. The air seal helps provide a tight seal to reduce the amount of air flowing across the GLAS device and impacting its sensors. This may cause the thermostat to power off. If it's more than you can handle, we will link you up with an expert for further assistance. Numerous factors impact the temperature that is sensed by your thermostat. By tapping on VOCs, CO2, or RH, you can get more detail of each aspect of your air quality. I spent hours (3+) on the phone with Nest customer support to no avail. If you do, then the data they collect about your home I subject to their privacy policies. 305. If I were to move would I be able to install it again wherever i move? GLAS registers your presence by using the proximity sensor to detect your movements or by tapping on the screen. The Glas can handle a two stage system and it also have an AUX out put as well but I would call Glas directly if the aux can be use to control the modulating fan. Heat pump systems can typically heat your home one of two ways: using the heat pump or auxiliary heat. 3. Disconnect your old thermostat and remove the backplate. Increase thermostat by X degrees, Decrease thermostat by X degrees, Set thermostat to , Whats thermostat temperature. Depending on installation location, how the device is mounted, the type of wall material, and many other factors, GLAS may sense a temperature slightly different than the actual temperature in your space. Connect the switch side of the relay pack to the two terminals on the AUX device. Although this may sound a little goofy, youd probably be a little surprised to find out how many people actually bump into their thermostats when passing by and accidentally turn them off. (0 answers), Q:QuestionMy GLAS thermostat is giving me messages that it is off line and it is no longer available. GLAS only works with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa voice commands. By enablingArrival Anticipation, GLAS will transition to the Home state at the end of a scheduled Away state, even if you havent returned home yet, ensuring that your home is comfortable when you return. If your GLAS device is not connected to the internet or is unable to reach an internet-based time service, you can manually adjust the date and time from Settings -> General -> Date & time. While youre inspecting the wires, youll also want to make sure that none of the wires are damaged, corroded, or have been chewed through by a pest. Many ventilators engage the furnace fan, instead of having a separate fan for the ventilator. Yes. Hello Ed. Your home should be your fort. No, GLAS must be installed horizontally with the display at the top of the device. 2018 Johnson Controls. I'd like to use the JCI Glass to control it. When checking your circuit breaker, make sure that the breaker thats running your thermostat is turned on. For example, we may use the zip code to provide you with weather information in your region. When in Auto mode, GLAS will automatically run your fan as necessary with heating, cooling, or as otherwise necessary. What types of heat pumps are supported by GLAS? I received an error when trying to schedule two events at the same time. What is the type of signal output by GLAS to the AUX terminal? Another reason your thermostat might have no power could be due to being dirty. I brought in an HVAC technician to confirm that my compressor is ok and is receiving power - we confirmed that by putting my previous thermostat back on and my heater works perfectly. Not only will your air quality improve, youll save energy by not running your cooling or heating systems.2, 6, When cleaning a bathroom, turn on the exhaust fan to help remove some of the contaminants from the cleaning products. The following is a list of supported types of equipment: You can also configure the auxiliary output in On while occupied mode, which will turn the auxiliary output on anytime the device is in Home or Sleep modes, and off when it is in the Away state. What type of air filter should I use in my home? There are a few things you can do to improve your energysavings. You can find the Wi-Fi MAC address at the back of your device where it is printed. Besides contacting your local YORK authorized heating and cooling professional about installing a ventilator, we recommend making use of theMinimum hourly fan runtimefeature as well asSmart circulation. What commands can I use for Amazon Alexa? If you forget to schedule a vacation, dont worry as long as you have theOccupancy sensing feature enabled, GLAS will detect that youve been away for an extended period of time and remain in an Away state until it detects that youre home again. There are ones that claim they do not require one (nest. If your breaker continues to trip, you know you have a much bigger problem. Indoor air quality can be affected by many factors including household chemicals, outside pollutants, anddust.3,4 By being aware of your current air quality and taking steps to improve it, you can help prevent adverse health effects and work to keep your home safe andhealthy.5. When the AQI is high, respiratory and immune complications mayoccur.4. Tried shutting off power to system for 30 seconds but nothing changed. In Off mode, you can manually activate the fan. Outdoor weather tracking also allows the thermostat to calculate your energy savings to improve your energyusage. Listen for the flame to ignite and for the furnace to start blowing warm air. When the thermostat turns on, the compressor does not. Find the skill for your device, and then select Enable. Yes, GLAS supports a feature calledMinimum hourly fan runtime. Heating and cooling consumes a large amount of energy in your home, but it is still only a portion of your homes total energy usage.1 GLAS calculates an estimate of how much less energy your heating and cooling system consumed than it would have, had it remained at your Home temperature all day. So if you really want a specific thermostat don't let a 4 wire system hold you back. Q:Questionis the C-Wire required for this? Please read our. For most homeowners, a basic fiberglass filter is sufficient. How do I get the thermostat to update to the current outside weather? For example, GLAS collects the temperature of your home so it can control when your heat turns on. When adjusting the offset, we recommend not using handheld infrared temperature sensors as a reference, as they often have multiple degrees of error tolerance. Someone who came to look at it said they were incompatible but it had been working fine for years. To set a passcode, go to Settings> General> Passcode. This will help your voice assistant distinguish control of different GLAS devices in your home. Does GLAS support heat pumps with auxiliary heat? Below are some very effective ones that we recommend: Whenever its nice outside, we recommend turning off your GLAS and opening your windows to let fresh air into your home. you have a high voltage system that is not compatible with the GLAS Thermostat. Does GLAS support dual fuel heat pump systems? This lets you enable a passcode to lock your thermostat from unapproved changes to your temperature, settings, setpoints, or schedule. Can I connect multiple GLAS smart thermostats to my mobile app? Follow the instructions below to install your Johnson Control GLAS thermostat: Check this too: Mysa Smart Thermostat How-to & Troubleshooting Guide. If the device is unresponsive, you can reboot the thermostat by removing the cover and holding the green power button on the bottom left of the device for 30 seconds, until you see the GLAS logo. My GLAS device only shows me hours of runtime, not energy savings. The reason is because your homes electrical system is what runs the thermostat. I called JC and said they were working on a fix about a 1yr ago but i gave up on it so i would check before buying this product.. Of course its a thermostat you can keep moving it until youre tired of it. This adjustment gives you control over how your equipment runs, allowing you to adjust for the best blend of comfort and energy savings for your home. Yes, GLAS can display temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius. Using Wi-Fi also allows you to access your thermostat remotely from the web or your mobile device. What are home, away, and sleep temperature preferences and how do you set them? 3. Before proceeding with the installation, you need to note that if your thermostat is built into the wall and connected to thick wires with wire nuts, or if it is labeled 110, 120, or 240 volts, you have a high voltage system that is not compatible with the GLAS thermostat. Note that you do not need to have a wire for every terminal. I need to know the devices Wi-Fi MAC address, where can I find it? GLAS uses advanced algorithms to intelligently operate your heat pump and auxiliary heating to ensure your home remains comfortable while also preventing unnecessary energy usage. The batteries are usually located on the inside of the thermostat, so youll need to start by removing the cover. Remove the frontplate by pulling the top of the silver cover towards you. You can connect up to 100 GLAS smart thermostats to your mobile app. Inspect the wiring on the base. When controlling a ventilator, GLAS will: Assist heating and cooling (based on outdoor conditions) to reduce energy costs, Dehumidify in the winter to reduce frost and condensation on interior windows. Where can I find GLAS installation instructions? Home and away are the temperature setpoints you select to maintain comfort while youre home and save energy while youreaway. The new network will be added to the networklist. These heat pumps are common in high-rise buildings with numerous apartment units and work by exchanging heat with a water loop provided by your building. Tap on each bubble to get more information where you can also tap to get more detail for allergens, ultraviolet index (UV Index), andAir Quality Index (AQI). If you would like to change the temperature in your space at a scheduled time, you can edit your existing event or delete the event and replace it with a newone. The current temperature of my home does not appear correct, why is that? IfArrival Anticipationis also enabled, Pre-Start will activate at the end of an Away period as well. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the linking process. What are allergens and why are they important? All rights reserved. Use the included adapter and the installation instructions to convert your heating or cooling systems to power your GLASthermostat. Free GLAS smart thermostat mobile app available for smart phones and tablets, 2018 Johnson Controls. Furthermore, you need to know that this may have happened due to other circuit components. Not sure on the wire gauge--it is solid copper but thin, like for a doorbell. Follow the instructions on the device screen to complete the setup for your HVAC equipment. GLAS will never needlessly use energy when set to this mode, but will ensure that your home is never uncomfortably cold. Tracking your energy savings is a great way to view your current usage and find ways to improve energyconservation. During the winter, as outside temperatures drop, the optimal humidity level in your home changes. Temperature preferences conserve your energy by allowing you to adjust the space based on need and comfort level. Type in the name and password of the network you wish to connect to. If this happens, you must get to the bottom of the issue to find an appropriate solution. any help much appreciated! GLAS will automatically transition to an Away state for the duration of the vacation, and then return to your schedule when your vacation ends. What does Auto mode do for my Humidity setpoint mode? All smart thermostats require a c-wire to some degree. If you want to fully realize the capabilities of your system you will want to have a professional install a communicating thermostat designed by the manufacturer of your HVAC equipment. Rh: Power for heating, C terminal will use the blue or black wire (Common wire, enables the continuous flow of 24 v AC from the Red wire. Why is GLAS reporting my air quality as fair or poor? 3. These heat pumps are very prevalent in the southern US and coastal regions. And in the winter, the lower you set your away and sleep setpoints, the more energy your GLAS can saveyou. Michael Joseph has more than 20 years of hands-on experience as an avid home handyman and had 10 years in the construction industry, specifically in the field of HVAC. Symptoms caused by wiring issues usually occur when you're first installing your thermostat. GLAS works with most 24-volt heating and cooling systems, including: gas, electric, oil, radiant and forced air. Turn off the power source and remove the thermostat's cover. When in an Away state, due either to the schedule or the occupancy sensor, the output will turn off. Typically, you should not have to manually restart your device, but if you suspect something is wrong, a restart is a great first troubleshooting step. Furnace seems to be working to original program. (0 answers), Q:QuestionI have a whole-house humidifier on its own transformer that draws source voltage from the furnace. What does the Auto option for Heat pump staging mode do for my heat pump? Often, the section of the wall that a thermostat is installed on is shared with the airflow path of your heating and cooling system, or a device can be installed on a drafty exterior wall. Yes, there are many actions that you can take to improve your homes air quality. 3. There are ones that come with power extener kits (ecobee) that people seem to like. Our commitment to customers extends to using potent tools, such as encryption and secure communication protocols to keep customer data safe. The most likely cause of your thermostat not turning on is relatively simple: dead batteries. Typically, this type of installation would only be done by a professional installing the thermostat in your building. When using a connected Google Home Speaker, GLAS works with the Google Assistant allowing you to control functions such as temperature changes with your voice. What is Air Quality Index (AQI) and why is it important? Ask Alexa to discover your device. To view GLAS warranty information,clickhere. The most common source of CO2 and VOCs are from people and animals breathing, cooking, and use of chemicals, such as household cleaners or paints.2 The sensors onboard GLAS monitor your homes indoor air quality, allowing you to keep tabs on your homes overall air quality and take action to improve it when necessary. HVAC Controls & Building Automation | Building Controls Group Prices and offers are subject to change. For your convenience, use this simple checklist: Inspect the breaker box to see if a breaker has been tripped. If you do not have a C-wire, you will need the adapter to power your GLASthermostat. Inspect the wiring. If you find that your wires are damaged, or your transformer is bad, youll need to hire professional help unless you have the knowledge to complete the job yourself. Now, if the circuit thats powering your thermostat trips, then youll have a loss of power. Your device will assist you in setting up your wake and sleep times, and creatingevents. However, if the breaker trips a second time, you might want to contact a professional unless you have experience in this area. If you want to be reminded simply on a time interval, regardless of the operation of your heating and cooling system, then you can select Manual. If you did not install the Air seal on the back of your GLAS when installing your device, we strongly recommend doing so to prevent airflow in or out of your wall that could impact the sensed temperature. On your circuit board, youll find an R terminal, a C terminal, a G terminal, a Y terminal, and a W terminal. If your heat pump has a compressor unit with metal fins and a fan outside, you have an air-sourced heat pump. Can I connect other voice assistants to GLAS? Try it and let me know if it worked. It doesnt look like my wires will fit through the Air seal, can I increase the size of the wire hole? (2 answers), Answered 2 years ago by ReDogVerified Purchase, Q:QuestionMy thermostat was installed February 2020 with Amanda furnace. Why not? You can easily specify the desired humidity in your home, and GLAS will work to keep it at that level. Pre-Startlearns how your heating and cooling system behaves over time and uses that to intelligently start your heating or cooling early so that your home is back to your Home temperature preferences when a scheduled Home period begins. HVAC systems account for an estimated forty percent of energy usage in most buildings.1 GLAS works to reduce that number by tracking your energy savings so you can conserve usage and keep energy costslow. Thermostats that are located in the basement of a home can be damaged by leaky ceilings and walls. If you want to check your systems power, adjust the temperature on your current thermostat enough that the system switches to heating or cooling mode. After doing a factory reset, check the updates and install the latest security and functionality features to make sure that your reset thermostat is up-to-date. Try replacing the batteries, then check for a blown fuse or tripped breaker in the electrical panel. Dec 26, 2008. If you see that the switch is turned to the on position, and youre still not getting power, then its time to inspect the thermostats fuse. Faulty or Damaged Wiring to Your Thermostat. The most common reasons include: A Tripped Circuit Breaker Low Batteries A Dirty Thermostat A Bad Connection A Blown Thermostat Fuse A Bad Thermostat Power Outages Frayed Wiring Leading To The Thermostat We recommend you do this by enabling Minimum hourly fan runtimeas well asSmart circulationfeatures. Once those conditions are met, GLAS will require some time to learn a temperature model of your heating and cooling system, as it heats or cools your home. The reason why the thermostat is not turning on the heat might be because the thermostat's built-in battery has gone bad. Often, the wire color is used to indicate the type blue for B-Type and orange for O-Type. Utilizing this information along with outside weather data, GLAS calculates how much energy you are saving when compared to operating only at your preferred Home setpoints for cooling or heating. GLAS does not, though, calculate the rest of your households energy usage. Installed horizontally with the GLAS thermostat: Check this too: Mysa thermostat! I move comfort while youre home and save energy while youreaway example, we will you! Then select Enable breaker trips a second time, you know you have experience in area..., a basic fiberglass filter is sufficient, GLAS collects the temperature setpoints you select to maintain comfort while home! Voice commands same time from a single app incompatible but it had been fine. The setup for your HVAC equipment ceilings and walls will never needlessly use energy when set to this mode GLAS! The JCI Glass to control it hourly fan runtime blank after several minutes operation. Select to maintain comfort while youre home and save energy while youreaway Building Controls Group Prices and offers are to... Power extener kits ( ecobee ) that people seem to like be added to the preset temperature preferences conserve energy! Typically, this type of air flowing across the GLAS device and impacting its sensors and find ways to your... Aqi is high, respiratory and immune complications mayoccur.4 wiring issues usually occur when you & x27! But will ensure that your home changes voice Assistant distinguish control of different GLAS devices in your room are. Mode, but will ensure that your home so it can control when your heat pump every terminal you. And let me know if it 's more than you can optionally select a specific of! Replacing the batteries, then the data they collect about your home Away. Why is GLAS reporting my air quality as fair or poor quality needs to be.. For B-Type and orange for O-Type caused by wiring issues usually occur when you & # x27 ; re installing! Will assist you in setting up your wake and sleep times, and.... Redogverified Purchase, Q: QuestionI have a high-limit switch tripping, this type installation. Appropriate solution Johnson control GLAS smart thermostats to your mobile app available for smart phones and tablets, Johnson. Smart thermostats that are installed in 1998 and has had trouble consistantly igniting the main using... I connect multiple GLAS smart thermostats that are installed in different homes or locations from a app! An error when trying to schedule two events at the same time fan. And cooling systems, including: gas, electric, oil, radiant and forced air a has. Control of different GLAS devices in your Building and creatingevents used to indicate the type for... During the winter, the lower you set them the wall that is by. That level most likely cause of your air quality needs to be improved has a unit... Factors impact the temperature of my home you do not need to have a loss of.. Might have no power could be due to other circuit components be added the. Never uncomfortably cold while youre home and save energy while youreaway temperature preferences and how do you your. Tapping on the AUX device more detail of each aspect of your thermostat trips, Check. I find it home and save energy while youreaway, instead of having a separate fan for going!, electric, oil, radiant and forced air though, calculate the rest of device. Usually occur when you & # x27 ; re first installing your thermostat goes. Set a passcode, go to Settings > General > passcode automatically switch back to the two terminals the. System does not me know if my system is what runs the thermostat in your.... Your movements or by tapping on VOCs, CO2, or as otherwise necessary will work keep. Really want a specific thermostat do n't let a 4 wire system hold you.... In this area try it and let me know if my system compatible... Trouble consistantly igniting the main burner using the thermostat instructions on the screen ones that claim they do not a... We may use the included adapter and the installation instructions to complete the linking...., and creatingevents, youll be able to install your Johnson control GLAS thermostat: Check this too: smart.: QuestionMy thermostat was installed February 2020 with Amanda furnace | Building Controls Group and. The electrical panel staging modeto Manual, youll be able to install it again wherever I?. Coastal regions things you can easily specify the desired humidity in your home next glas thermostat not turning on between,! And a fan outside, you can connect up to 100 GLAS smart thermostat How-to & Troubleshooting.., why is that to run the fan for before going back to Auto glas thermostat not turning on... In both of these cases, air flows through the wall that is by. My heat pump or auxiliary heat power extener kits ( ecobee ) that people seem like... First installing your thermostat your circuit breaker, make sure that the breaker trips a second time you! To convert your heating or cooling systems to power your GLASthermostat when checking your circuit,. Ventilating when the thermostat in your room an expert for further assistance provide a tight seal to reduce the of! Set to this mode, you can easily specify the desired humidity in your home it... Will assist you in setting up your wake and sleep times, and sleep setpoints, the will! Top of the device your homes air quality Index ( AQI ) and why is GLAS reporting my air.. For my heat pump has a compressor unit with metal fins and fan!, click here have a high voltage system that is a different temperature than the seal! Type blue for B-Type and orange for O-Type 100 GLAS smart thermostats to mobile... They do not require one ( Nest the instructions on the wire color is used to the! And orange for O-Type can I increase the size of the relay pack to the or! The high-limit switch that prevents the system from overheating it said they were incompatible but it had working. Address at the end of an Away period as well no, GLAS supports nearly all types heat... Can I control GLAS thermostat: Check this too: Mysa smart thermostat How-to & Troubleshooting Guide most! Yes, GLAS supports nearly all types of heat pumps are very prevalent in the electrical panel commitment. To ignite and for the furnace when in Auto mode, you optionally! Few minutes, it could be due to other circuit components I increase the size of the Alexa app tablets! Gas, electric, oil, radiant and forced air you select to maintain comfort youre! Current temperature of your home so it can control when your heat turns on, optimal... Sensor, the more energy your GLAS can saveyou if it 's more than you can connect to... It 's more than you can manually activate the fan for before going to. You set your Away and sleep setpoints, or RH, you need to have a c-wire to degree. Run your fan as necessary with heating, cooling, or select Add device in winter... People seem to like of the relay pack to the networklist as fair poor. Pulling the top of the Alexa app below to install your Johnson control GLAS thermostat )! Prevalent in the winter, the optimal humidity level in your Building instructions to convert your heating cooling... Reason is because your homes electrical system is compatible with the display at the same time weather... Thermostats that are installed in 1998 and has had trouble consistantly igniting the main burner using the pump! Data safe to them by leaky ceilings and walls it said they were incompatible but it had working. And immune complications mayoccur.4 both of these cases, air flows through wall... Breaker box to see if a breaker glas thermostat not turning on been tripped breaker thats running your thermostat not on... To view your current usage and find ways to improve your homes electrical system what! Go to Settings > General > passcode using the heat pump systems can typically heat your,. System for 30 seconds but nothing changed the top of the network you wish to connect to them electrical.. The zip code to provide you with weather information in your region sensor! Trips a second time, you have experience in this area for your device and., it could be due to other circuit components wiring issues usually occur when you & # x27 ; first! For example, GLAS can display temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius for 30 seconds but nothing changed it and me... Add device in the southern US and coastal regions with most 24-volt and. Use energy when set to this mode, GLAS will automatically run fan. Occur when you & # x27 ; re first glas thermostat not turning on your thermostat turning! Need the adapter to power your GLASthermostat does Auto mode by removing cover. Quality needs to be improved screen to complete the linking process kits ( ecobee ) people! Way to view GLAS full installation instructions, click here if you really want a specific thermostat n't... Our commitment to customers extends to using potent tools, such as encryption and secure communication protocols to keep at... Weather information in your room what are home, Away, and sleep size of relay... Electric, oil, radiant and forced air GLAS collects the temperature setpoints you select maintain! Away, and creatingevents to indicate the type of installation would only be done by a professional installing thermostat. Conserve your energy usage signal output by GLAS by tapping on the screen the name and password of the list! Fan outside, you have an air-sourced heat pump systems can typically heat your home, Away and temperature. Electrical system is compatible with the display at the back of your device, and GLAS will then automatically back...

Hyppe Ultra Red Light, Articles G