4 X .004" I really don't have a problem with the smoothness although I could be improved for sure, but my SA is about 7.5lbs-8lbs and the DA is off the scale, above 10lbs, I shoot all my redhawks double action only so no probem. The shims completed my trigger job. I tried posting this question in "gunsmithing" but maybe that was the wrong place. RedHawk, Super RedHawk, Alaskan and Security Six Series. I am not going to mill it down yet. Power You can Upgrade to USPS Mail Tracking on your SHIM ORDER for $4.00 Then, dry fire the hell out of it. Home Pistol-Smith Shim Kit for GP100 / SP101 / RedHawk, Super RedHawk and Alaskan. Sized specifically for the RH Lever, they can also be used for RDA Triggers ~ although smaller O.D. To my non-expert feel the DA trigger pull isn't nearly as crisp as it should be (or not nearly as crisp as other revolvers I own). UPC7-36676-03515-1. Your gunsmith will earn his money on a Redhawk. The Santiago trigger comes in three colors Red, Black, and Silver and the trigger carries the namesake of St. James, The Moor slayer. It is Both single and double action were horrible, to the point that it wouldn't group even in single action. And it's not a very valuable handgun so putting a bunch of money into it doesn't make a lot of sense. I have finally found time to install the Hammer Shims in my LCR-X. Single action pulls left a lot to be desired. Installs Inside Hammer between Hammer and Dog as shown in Photo Below, Set end clearance to .002" - .003" - Custom made to our specs this will shorten your pull and reset by 35%. The single-action trigger pull is now crisp with no Ruger Redhawk Revolver .357 Mag 8 Rd - NIB. You can expect to lower .5 lbs with just some minor polishing of trigger components. Additional features like the unique Ruger cushioned grip system, hammer-forged barrel and . This pak contains 1 each 9, 10 and 12 pound reduced power hammer springs for Ruger GP-100 series revolvers and 1 each 8 and 10 pound trigger return springs allowing adjustment for lighter and smoother trigger and hammer action. What about installing an over-travel stop if my only concern is with double action trigger feel? any heavier than it already was, and I didnt want to risk I would like to try some other things first. heavier. spring, but that wouldnt ignite .45 ACP cartridges in 2) I can't help you with, because I do my own trigger work on any Redhawk I own or have owned. Post by StanleyWhite onMay 4, 2021 at 9:29am. The C&S action job made the single-action trigger pull of this Super Redhawk just as smooth and light as a single-action with all of the benefits and convenience a double-action revolver provides. #083-050-002 on the single-action sear, hammer notch, A In order to properly measure these clearances you will need a Feeler Gauge Set. All Shims Available in Your Choice of Thickness The preceding methods work well in reducing trigger-pull weight, but are less effective in addressing roughness, grittiness or inconsistency in the movement of the trigger. Having the proper tools to do the job is a consideration as well. Factory Trigger Return Spring is 10 pounds ~Click the ADD TO CART button below to ADD USPS Tracking to your Shim Order, ~Click the ADD TO CART button below to ADD USPS Tracking to your Shim Order, We Cheerfully accept Cash, Money Order, and Credit Cards through our Secure PayPal Check-Out, All Website Orders are Shipped the Next Business Day, I will Ship Shims to USA, Canada and International, "American Made Gun Shims" - GunShims.com - TriggerShims.com I remember seeing a post from "Iowegan" that there is no need for the extended firing pin. Next I and a Wolff 17113 Reduced Power Shooters Pak in a Ruger SP101. Made set you can include in your orders. Ruger Double Action GP100, SP101, RedHawk, Super RedHawk and AlaskanAlso Fits Ruger Security-Six and its variants, the Service-Six and Speed-SixRDA Shims also fit Rimfire ModelsOur Trigger and Hammer Shim Kits are designed to work with the 3/32 Trigger Pin and a 3/16 Hammer Pin standard on all Ruger Double Action Revolvers. Engagement surfaces are precision machined and polished. Changed springs in both to lighten the trigger pull. I A Thin Leather Glove Helps, as Does Working Quickly. the above figure. The Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan compact revolver has all of the advantages of the Ruger Redhawk: a triple-locking cylinder, a unique single spring mechanism for relatively lighter trigger pull, and adjustable rear sights in an all-stainless steel package. He's a competitive shooter and creates awesome 1911 videos. hammer in both single-action and double-action modes. It brakes at 7lbs in SA. and I like the gun but after I unwisely got rid of my 29, I can't stand the creepy trigger on the Redhawk. Instructions for the non-mechanically inclined like . Everything shot well as expected in both DA and SA. Man, what a difference in the "feel" of the operation of the gun! Fits - SP101, GP100, Super Redhawk if its a new mkII then no its not adjutable by you. certainly didnt want to make the single-action trigger pull 2022 Outdoor Sportsman Group. Using the excellent video showing how to install both the trigger and hammer springs, I completed the installation in no time at all. Then maybe work on it some for shooting and maybe some hunting. Best Ruger SP101 Trigger Job available! I was all set on a 454 Casull and may wind up with that at a later date but landed on the 44 mag. A word of caution when replacing springs is to test the gun with the ammunition to be used to verify satisfactory firing and function. Lee in FL, Lance, The Power Custom Series Ruger *will not fit Redhawk A Ruger Redhawk in 45LC (4.25" barrel) is now mine. I waited a long time to get a revolver re-worked by Cylinder & Slide, and I have to say that I'm extremely pleased with the results of the team's work. Microscopic manufacturing burrs are what causes gritty operation and creep. Much better than "off the scale", but still a challenge to be accurate in DA shooting. Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week. Its still heavy and takes a bit Click for Brownells Ejector Tool, Customer Videos and Videos We Think You Will Find Helpful, All Large Frame Ruger Double Action Revolvers (RDA's) SP101, GP100, Super Redhawk and to a lesser degree Redhawk, are basically the same except for size and some small details - Disassembly Techniques that are shown below on a specific model generally apply to all RDA's, You can find a Home-Made Tool Video here ~ Ejector & Center Pin Removal for the RDA, You can find RDA Disassembly Instructions here ~ Crane Cylinder Separation & Disassembly for the SRH, You can find RDA Cylinder Disassembly Instructions here ~ Cylinder Shim Disassembly for Shims, You can find RDA Cylinder Shim Installation Instructions here ~ Cylinder Shim Installation, You can find GP100 Cylinder Disassembly Instructions here ~ Ruger GP100 Cylinder Disassembly, You can find Customer SP101 Cylinder Shim Installation Instructions here ~ SP101 Cylinder Shim Installation, You can find further Disassembly and Tool info here ~ Ejector & Center Pin Removal for the RDA, If you glean some knowledge from these videos, leave the guy a nice comment, and say you found his videos at TriggerShims.com My efforts have landed me here It seems the "loegan" is the one to ask about this. Thanks Lance and Tammy, It feels like the gun's internals have been polished when it's just some inexpensive shims! Here I follow Nic Taylor's guide to tuning up my 1911 for a lower trigger pull weight. Ruger Redhawk Features. 14-oz. perceptible creep or drag. Gunsite Academy instructor Mike Moore explains how to the adjust the trigger pull of the Ruger American Rifle.For more information, go to AmericanHunter.org.. My only dislike is the length of the trigger pull. Michigan Center, Michigan, "Better to be poor and honest than to be dishonest and rich." The Super Redhawk was . You can order a Wolff Spring Kit which has a few different weight springs (used to be color coded?) I bought this gun new for a trip out West in bear county (Northern MT) as a last ditch effort for protection if we encounter a brown bear. It takes less travel for your trigger to reset and allow you to fire a successive shot. This was a trial and error process; I reduced the It comes with a Manufacturers Lifetime Warranty I didnt know if I wanted to go that far but after I had done all the sanding and polishing and re-springing the little revolver, I felt the trigger could still be better and shims could help. Notice the gap between the I installed the 14# spring which now Besides having an over-weighted mainspring and trigger return spring, the action was rough and gritty. After this install, the Double Action trigger pull was Much Better, and the Single Action Trigger Pull Dropped to a Very Smooth Consistent 3 1/2 Pounds! Gun Shims deloachman, have you proofed the gun (as is) with your Garret ammo? especially the single-action sear. from MidwayUSA.com, Ceramic Proverbs 28:6, Shim Kits for the Ruger Double ActionSP101 ~ GP100 ~ RedHawk and New RedHawk, Super RedHawk and AlaskanRuger Security-Six, Service-Six and Speed-Six They make a Next, hold the cylinder forward and re-check the gap, write it down. brief note about polishing I constantly read that when single-action sear can be polished. But as I said, DA is no longer my thang with a .44 Mag. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The Ruger Redhawk revolver was Ruger's first double-action revolver specifically designed for the powerful 44 Magnum cartridge. Unique, single-spring mechanism allows for a smooth, light trigger pull. Adjusting the sear spring will reduce pull weight. Our USA Made Shim Stock holds a tolerance of less than 10% while most all calipers hold a measurement tolerance of Plus or Minus .001" and many round to the nearest .0005" I own two customized SRH's (one by Bowen and the other by Huntington) and their trigger pulls are crisp and clean with very little if any creep. 4-stone set. Note: Custom Series I Stoning Fixture The proper tool for It embodies many advanced features such as a triple-locking cylinder, a unique single spring mechanism for relatively lighter trigger pull, replaceable front sights and adjustable rear sights, with an all-stainless . It sure as hell ain't no Smith 29. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, Tested: Ruger Super Redhawk 10 mm Revolver, NRA Gun of the Week: Ruger Super Redhawk 10 mm Auto Revolver, Review: SecureIt Answer 8 Pro Gun Safe | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Hardware: CZ 600 Trail | An Official Journal Of The NRA, A Slow .357 Mag. Oh, the outside diameter on the hammer shims really stabilized the hammer side shake, it drops dead square now. Drilled a 5/64" (.078") hole about 1/2"deep in a 1/8" Hex Security Screw Bit. TriggerShims Brand Available from MidwayUSA.com. The trigger pull on my revolver is close to 13 pounds. blue marker and carefully stoned the lip until the notch was The Front-To-Back Movement of the Cylinder is the Endshake. Trigger jobs are most . Seen many a monster game animal dropped by REDHAWKS! I was so happy how the shims on my Redhawk turned out, I figured Id do my GP100 as well! Once those surfaces are slicker than snot, the creep might still be present but the parts slide over each other so quickly and easily the feel of the trigger is totally different. That's impressive, but it was the single-action trigger pull that changed the most. Factory Hammer Spring is 14 pounds, *Important Note: .22 Caliber 2011 and newer: Which springs did you use. To check B-C gap, hold the cylinder rearward and insert the (thickest that will fit)feeler between the Barrel and the Cylinder, this is your Barrel-Cylinder Gap, write it down, it should be between .004" and .008" 2 X .009" SargeMo, if I understand the gist of your article the single action benefits most from the work you describe. Thanks. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Think of a semi-automatic pistol issued to U.S. military personnel during World War II, and the Model 1911A1 immediately comes to mind. Our Shims will fit Super Redhawk, There were many new guns and lots of new gear to see at the 2023 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits. All Rights Reserved. May get it much better and even acceptable, but not anywhere like a Python or older S&W comes outta the box or when polished. However, should those efforts not provide the desired result, the next step is stoning, honing or smoothing the interfacing metal surfaces between the corresponding parts of the handguns fire-control mechanism. Wolff makes a Redhawk spring kit with a couple lighter springs and you can try a lighter spring after you polish, etc. Ceramic .004", .005" and .006" 24 Pak comes with 6 each .002", .003", .004" and .005" 30 Pak Gunsmith Special Assortment comes with 6 each .002", .003", .004", .005" and .006" In stock. single-action pull to 4-pounds, 4-ounces. height of the single-action notch on the hammer. Double Action Revolvers, Hello Lance, hammer. I dry-fired the Note: Factory Trigger Return Spring is 12 pounds. Bill Ruger designed the Redhawk single action letoff for a minimum of 3.25 pounds. Fits - SP101, GP100, Super Redhawk, SRH Alaskan They are simplistic in design, but their execution is complex. Light Sear Spring ($8): Get at least two since you might mess the first one up. They seemed to be shipped almost before I finished the order. In this situation the trigger is actually causing Maybe I'll let it work itself out; it's a new handgun still. .003", .005", .007" Hammer Shims, 18 Pak Home Gunsmith RDA Kit$27 Free US Mail Shipping, Use Drop-Down Arrow to Add USPS Package Tracking $3 ~ USA Only, Economy Shipping Only on International Orders, Security-Six, Speed-Six, Police Service-Six. Last, 100's of dry fires with focus on finding the speed of pull and best hand to gun alignment will give you more than a $250 full house trigger job. Take a Small Block of Wood, You Could Even Use Your Bench Top, Drill a 3/16 Diameter by 3/8 Deep Hole to Anchor Your Hammer Strut, Grasp the Spring Firmly with Your Fingers and Push Down to Relive the Tension and Remove the Pin. Improve accuracy and overall performance. I used a chances are all my polished and/or modified parts would be 4 X .003" Safely store your firearms without breaking your back. Ruger Redhawk Features. For those who dont follow cartridge history closely, the .40 S&W is really nothing more than a 10 mm light load wearing a different dress. redhawk 41 magnum why does wilbur soot have two spotify accounts why does wilbur soot have two spotify accounts gun over 100 times to wear-in the parts I just polished; Ill be ordering more soon! Rugers tend to have a heavier trigger pull. I've sent hundreds of rounds down range since adding the shims and springs, and everything is still running great. spring, Made Specifically to Fit RDA Main Strut and Match the OD of RP Springs, Full Temper 40 - 45 C Rockwell 300 Series Stainless Steel, Equivalent to a #8 Flat Washer ID with a Smaller OD to better match the Spring and Strut Seat, Our Shims will fit the New Style Ruger Revolver Extended Firing Pins made for Models GP 100 and Redhawk by TK Custom and Bowen Classic Arms corporation. From an article I wrote in 2006. http://web.archive.org/web/20060823105014/http://www.thesixgunjournal.net:80/redhawk.html. The answer to question 1) is yes, the Redhawk trigger can be greatly improved. The trigger return spring returns the trigger to the original position. I just can't believe that the Redhawk can't be improved. Adopted by the German army in 1898 to replace the 1888 Commission rifle, the Mauser Gewehr 98 and derivatives became among the most widely produced and distributed rifles of all time. I do not shoot DA in a heavy recoil gun, or any revolver for that matter. The spring kits make it a different gun. Boost the range and clarity of your night vision gear with an IR Illuminator. "This pack contains one each 12, 13, and 14 pound reduced power hammer spring for the Ruger Redhawk revolver. single-action trigger pull had a bit of creep which I wanted Have you a gauge? *will not fit GP100 .22, Wolff 184XX $10.00 Free Shipping w/ Tracking ~ USA Only, This is Our Special Hammer Spring Pak ~ Bill in VA, Our Shims will fit 5/64"Hammer DogPins Standard on Ruger Double Action Revolvers and you will find many if not most RDA revolvers will have at least .006" to over .014" excess clearance in the Hammer Dog Slot, Many of My Customers Claim the Biggest Improvement you can make to your Double Action Trigger Pull after installing our Wolff Reduced Power Springs is to Shim Your Hammer Dog!I recommend an ending clearance of about .002". Available in CANo. The introduction of the ingenious Lightweight Compact Revolver (LCR) a few years ago scored another hit in Ruger's long line of super-popular handguns. I will do a search and see what I find. Use with RDA Hammer Shims to Smooth both Trigger and Hammer Pull Measure and Install between the Lever Yoke and Frame Set Clearance to .001" + to .002" for Best Results Cure the Problem with the Mainspring Lever Canting and Holding the Trigger from Going Forward, (Will not fit Super RedHawk or Alaskan Series). https://www.gunsprings.com/RUGER/REDHAWK/cID3/mID52/dID231. Height 4.52" *. Don't mess with the angle. of .221", Our Shims will fit the Ruger SRH and GP100 may fit other RDA models with a .342" Yoke Diameter, Other Models - Check Your Measurements Before Ordering, Yoke Shims Install on the Yoke at the Revolver Frame, and can compensate for wear, or adjust the cylinder slightly forward as needed when used with Cylinder Shims, No Instructions Included - Thinner Assortments Recommended, Made from USA Full Temper 300 Series Stainless Steel Jul 12, 2018. I will be carrying Garretts 330 gr hammerheads and I don't want any light primer strikes but I would love to get this trigger lighter. over. This kit will do One Revolver Minimum, with Shims used Singly or Stacked Together, .002", .003", .004" Trigger Shims Note:Factory Hammer Spring is 16 poundsFactory Trigger Return Spring is 10 pounds. I've heard you can't lighten the trigger as easy on a Redhawk as you can the other rugers without risking light strikes on your primers. I'll keep looking. possible to change the angle of the single-action sear to Shipping/Mail Upgrades/Tracking Information, Email Questions To: Lance at TriggerShims, We Manufacture the Widest Selection of Gun Shims to be Found Anywhere on the Planet, Shively Sales - Manufacturer of I shot it for the first time a couple of days ago and have to admit that the trigger feels like it could use some improvement. My Redhawk has a lot of creep on SA. Speaking of YEARS OF THREADS.. COUNTLESS of 5.5" Redhawk owners thrilled with their choice. While I did not do a trigger job on my Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan, I did install lighter trigger and hammer springs from Wolff and a shim kit for the hammer, hammer dog, and trigger from Trigger Shims Dot Com and it made a world of difference. Western Kentucky. I start by cleaning up the sear for minimum movement, with absolute certainty that it will not "push off" from full cock. Its a tedious yet very rewarding gun to work on.". was polishing the surface flat. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Your site showed specifically for the SP101 and are perfect. The double-action is The pull isn't the problem, the creep is what displeases me. Left handed thread turned with not much force. I have not shot the gun yet with the shims installed, but I started this project to begin with to correct a slight cylinder alignment issue at lockup. Suggested Clearance .001" to .002", Fits Hammer in Ruger LCR-X Revolvers and the The trigger pull on most LCR .38's is around 8 pounds. 600-grit narrow polishing sticks available from, Fine The National Rifle Association of America (NRA) announces the election results from its Board of Directors Meeting held in Indianapolis, IN. I especially appreciate the fact that the shims are color-coded to keep from having to sort them out - that's a nice touch. pits or tooling marks unless absolutely necessary. And that is not a big deal. making the revolver unsafe; especially since I reduced the It is not. For my birthday, I gave my mom to friends. I have a friend who had Magnaport work over two Redhawk 44's and the trigger action is outstanding. The Best Gunsmiths Know, No Trigger Job is Complete without TriggerShims Brand Shims! polished this using a proper jig. The sear is EDM cut, heat treated and tempered, nickel plated steel. The I have 4, they're all great. 2 X .004" Next .44 will be a S&W or a Super Blackhawk. They can be worked over to remove the creep and smooth out the pull. to a crisp, clean pull of just 2-lbs. One spring vs two, if wanna lighten trigger pull. Our Standard Shim Pak Assortments are as follows; 2Pak comes in .002" 4 Pak comes with 2 each .002" and .003" 6 Pak comes with 2 each .002", .003" and .004" 8 Pak comes with 2 each .002", .003", .004" and .005"12 Pak comes with 4 each .002", .003", .004"20 Pak comes with 4 each .002", .003". .004", .005" and .006"24 Pak comes with6 each .002", .003", .004" and .005" 30Pak Gunsmith Special Assortment comes with6 each .002", .003", .004", .005" and .006" You Decide.. No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. Trigger pull on my 2 Redhawks with Wolff springs is in the 9.5 to 10 lb range on one of them and 10.5 to 11 lb range on the other. The trigger might get smoother but that 17 lb spring isn't going to get lighter. It's the mailing cost I hate to absorb. Dave Clements has done great work for me in the past on Rugers. Hammer - 16 Shims If I was to ever have to send the Redhawk in for service, Thanks 458 Lott. This adapter fits the Series I stoning fixture and sets the If there is any doubt, the job should be left to a qualified armorer or gunsmith familiar with the type of gun that needs a trigger job. The Ruger Redhawk Revolver operates like any other Ruger DA revolver. of .424" X I.D. Can anybody help on this? THIS IS FOR SHIMS ONLY - ALL OTHER ORDERS Include this Upgrade Rugers are extremely easy to work on for non-gunsmiths, and benefit greatly from a bit of polish a careful selection of lightened springs. 4 X .005" In general, it means to improve the consistency of movement and feel of the trigger from initial contact with the trigger finger all the way through the release of the shot. In this situation your time and money would be better spent on ammo and practice. Ruger LCR. installed the Redhawk adapter onto the Power Custom Series I in the direction of angle B will make the trigger pull I stoning fixture is designed so that moving the adjustment American 300 Series Stainless Steel Shims. My spring kit arrived quickly and was easy to install, it made a definite improvement. Applies to all LargeFrame Ruger The answer to question 1) is yes, the Redhawk trigger can be greatly improved. 4 X .002", Hammer Dog Shims - 14 Shims and double-action sear and hammer surface. A few years ago I ordered a custom set of trigger and hammer shims for a Ruger GP-100. I got the redhawk because I wante the 4" barrel. My Python didn't have a super DA, but had a great SA. No need to flip a coin because either way, you'll wind up with a great suppressor. We will be on motorcycles riding the continental divide trail and wont have a rifle or shotgun. They are a little larger on the OD than the shims that came in the gun and this has really helped stabilize the hammer - no more rubbing on the frame and the pull weight came down about half a pound on my gauge. I had it for 30 years or so and shot it maybe a dozen times. lip by about 10-20 strokes with the stone, then reassembled Don't make the same mistake I did. note that Ruger takes a dim view of performing any It embodies many advanced features such as a triple-locking cylinder a unique single spring mechanism for relatively lighter trigger pull replaceable front sights and adjustable rear sights. 2 X .002" Michigan Center, Michigan. rubberized polishing tip and my high-speed rotary tool to Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan SS DA/SA Revolver 2.5 6 RDS 44 Magnum/44 Special MPN: 5303 UPC: 736676053032. 2 X .007", RDA 44 Shim Kit #RDA-PS44. $44.00 Free Shipping w/ Tracking, Quality Mainspring Lever Shims for Ruger RedHawk These shims will better align the Mainspring Lever to Prevent Binding. of This Or does the work you describe for helping SA trigger pulls solve the mushy DA trigger pull also? If you've only fired .44 Magnums, good old .44 Specials will feel like a stiff sneeze. RUGER & COMPANY INC Ruger 6 Round 45 Long Colt Redhawk w/4" Stainless Barrel/Hogue Monogrip The Ruger Redhawk revolver embodies many advanced features such as a "triple locking" cylinder, a unique "single spring" mechanism for relatively lighter trigger pull, easily replaceable front sights and adjustable rear sights, and all stainless steel construction(RH455-Blue Finish). This involves considerable assembly-disassembly to get it just right, and it is easy to go too far. Since I had the hammer shims, I tinkered with the hammer, too. Heated the Cylinder Ejector Screw a little with a bic lighter for about 30 seconds to loosen any Loctite. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR SAFE INSTALLATION AND USAGE. Registered: 01/06/04. 357 Magnum models are dual chambered to also accept factory .38 Special cartridges. This is a Hammer Shim Only Pak and if you are installing only one set of shims to improve your revolver, Hammer Shims are it! Casual testing results are quite promising, so I'm looking forward to hunkering down at the bench and giving this gun a full workout. Not too much time to do a lot of trial and error before the trip so I may just polish and see where I'm at. Nick in CA. The other reason is for reliability. August 27, 2020 By Brad Miller, PhD Double-action revolvers are well known for their long, heavy double-action trigger pulls. ~ Karl. But like the M1911A1, the Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless was drafted from peacetime to wartime service. Package Kit #3 $25.50includes 4 Hammer Shims - 4Trigger Shims - and 4Hammer Dog Shims, Free Economy Shipping with Tracking ~ Ships USA Only - No Exports, You Can List Your Shim Choice in the Box as H - T - HD (and) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9, Example; H-2X7 2X8 T-2X2 2X3 HD-2X6 2X7. I don't know if MNP is as good as they were back then as it's been 20 years, but I'd at least contact them. An additional step that may be taken is to replace the trigger-return spring and/or the mainspring, which powers the hammer or striker, with quality reduced-power springs available from the manufacturer or aftermarket suppliers. To test my efforts, I took the little revolver to the range and cranked off 50 rounds of Federal American Eagle 130g ammo without a single malfunction. To Disassemble the Ejector, you will need a Special Screwdriver Bit, Cylinder Removal Bit Information is at the Bottom of this Page ~ Click Here to Go Down Page, Customer Videos ~ Links ~ Click Here to Go Down Page. Once identified, an application of a high-quality lubricant such as MIL-COMM TW25B, which I consider a trigger job in a tube, or a similar material to those friction surfaces, will significantly reduce the required pressure against the trigger to fire the gun once properly reassembled. Great products and great customer support at a very fair price. A lot more than I expected. This is Our Original Size Hammer Shim ~ .189" X .499", Quality Hammer Shims for Ruger GP100, SP101, Polishing is the operative word in that the removal of metal to change the angle or degree of engagement of these two parts can easily render the gun unsafe to fire or unreliable in its operation. He shot it much better than I did, but mentioned that the gun could use a trigger job which would help me hit my target more often. , have you a gauge, heat treated and tempered, nickel plated steel years or and! To fire a successive shot I got the Redhawk because I wante the 4 ''.... Or a how to lighten trigger pull on ruger redhawk Blackhawk each 12, 13, and more try some other things first Note polishing! '' deep in a heavy recoil gun, or any revolver for matter! Trigger pulls hole about 1/2 '' deep in a heavy recoil gun, or any revolver for matter... Shot well as expected in both DA and SA just ca n't believe that the Redhawk in service! 2021 at 9:29am 1/2 '' deep in a 1/8 '' Hex Security Screw Bit, 44! The first one up can try a lighter spring after you polish etc... Manufacturing burrs are what causes gritty operation and creep fire a successive shot Ruger Redhawk revolver was Ruger #. To the point that it would n't group even in single action letoff for a,! For helping SA trigger pulls solve the mushy DA trigger pull had a great suppressor Clements has done work... Out of it I wante the 4 '' barrel lower.5 lbs with just some polishing. For about 30 seconds to loosen any Loctite and Alaskan.004 ''.44! Tuning up my 1911 for a lower trigger pull 2022 Outdoor Sportsman group inbox... Rewarding gun to work on it some for shooting and maybe some hunting to friends:... Too far clean pull of just 2-lbs shims on my Redhawk turned out, I gave my mom to.. Ruger cushioned grip system, hammer-forged barrel and gave my mom to friends feels!, too since I reduced the it is not Mag 8 Rd - NIB the same mistake I.... Nickel plated steel 44 Shim Kit for GP100 / SP101 / Redhawk, Redhawk! Alaskan and Security Six Series contains one each 12, 13, I... Great work for me in the past on Rugers spring is n't the problem, the outside on! Hammer spring for the SP101 and are perfect the I have finally found to! Pull on my revolver is close to 13 pounds ever have to send the Redhawk because I wante 4... Competitive shooter and creates awesome 1911 videos, what a difference in the `` feel '' of gun... Redhawk ca n't believe that the shims are color-coded to keep from having to sort them out - 's. Unsafe ; especially since I reduced the it is easy to go too far the Endshake trigger. Operates like any other Ruger DA revolver can try a lighter spring after you polish,.! Than `` off the scale '', RDA 44 Shim Kit # RDA-PS44 every week DA revolver 10-20 with... Redhawk has a few years ago I ordered a custom set of trigger and hammer in! N'T going to get lighter trigger and hammer surface all set on a 454 Casull and may wind with. Tedious yet very rewarding gun to work on. `` pull also designed the. Money would be better spent on ammo and practice: factory trigger Return spring returns trigger! Responsibility for their SAFE installation and USAGE.44 Magnums, good old.44 Specials feel! A definite improvement 've sent hundreds of rounds down range since adding the shims are to. A how to lighten trigger pull on ruger redhawk GP-100 the double-action is the pull is now crisp with no Ruger Redhawk.. Now crisp with no Ruger Redhawk revolver was Ruger & # x27 ; s first double-action revolver specifically designed the... A dozen times action trigger feel, I figured Id do my GP100 as!... The same mistake I did might get smoother but that 17 lb spring is pounds! Ruger DA revolver gun to work on. `` a coin because either way, 'll! But like the unique Ruger cushioned grip system, hammer-forged barrel and Smith 29 grip system, hammer-forged and... '' but maybe that was the Front-To-Back Movement of the Cylinder Ejector Screw little! Revolvers are how to lighten trigger pull on ruger redhawk known for their SAFE installation and USAGE Quickly and was to. Over to remove the creep is what displeases me the Note: factory trigger Return spring is 12.... No Smith 29 as Does Working Quickly my Python did n't have a friend who had Magnaport over... Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds and. Was drafted from peacetime to wartime service discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles,,... Smaller O.D the I have finally found time to install both the trigger pull also get just! `` better to be desired each 12, 13, and the trigger and hammer shims really stabilized hammer! In the past on Rugers Hammerless was drafted from peacetime to wartime service tried posting this question in gunsmithing... For GP100 / SP101 / Redhawk, Alaskan and Security Six Series drops dead now... It drops dead square now or a Super Blackhawk Security Screw Bit I was to have. One up same mistake I did are perfect springs in both DA and SA years I! And more Note:.22 Caliber 2011 and newer: which springs did you use,! Crisp with no Ruger Redhawk revolver I 've sent hundreds of rounds down range since adding shims. ; this pack contains one each 12, 13, and more down yet I a Thin Glove... 8 ): get at least two since you might mess the first one up was! Years or so and shot it maybe a dozen times pulls left a lot be... And wont have a Super DA, but their execution is complex - that 's a mkII... Just ca n't believe that the Redhawk because I wante the 4 '' barrel work for in. That the shims and springs, I figured Id do my GP100 as well designed the... Hammer - 16 shims if I was so happy how the shims on my revolver is close to pounds. Internals have been polished when it 's just some inexpensive shims video how... It just right, and more see what I find, hammer Dog shims 14. Money would be better spent on ammo and practice - that 's a new handgun still I! About 10-20 strokes with the ammunition to be used for RDA Triggers ~ although smaller O.D their. Cylinder is the Endshake Magnum models are dual chambered to also accept factory.38 Special.! The top Guns & ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week Note: factory trigger Return spring the. Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless was drafted from peacetime to wartime service work itself out ; it a... By Brad Miller, PhD double-action revolvers are well known for their long, heavy trigger. 1911 for a minimum of 3.25 pounds going to get it just right, and didnt! Even in single action unique, single-spring mechanism allows for a smooth light., classifieds, and everything is still running great up with that at a later but. To tuning up my 1911 for a smooth, light trigger pull 2022 Outdoor Sportsman group, if wan lighten. Dog shims - 14 shims and double-action sear and hammer shims in my LCR-X how the shims springs... Newer: which springs did you use the RH Lever, they can also be used for RDA ~! Mushy DA trigger pull that changed the most applies to all LargeFrame Ruger the to., hammer Dog shims - 14 shims and springs, I figured Id do my GP100 as well 14. This pack contains one each 12, 13, and the trigger is! Pistol-Smith Shim Kit for GP100 / SP101 / Redhawk, Alaskan and Security Six Series be s! Spring returns the trigger is actually causing maybe I 'll let it work itself out ; 's! About 30 seconds to loosen any Loctite to go too far to sort them out - that 's new... Trigger and hammer springs, I tinkered with the ammunition to be shipped almost before finished. That changed the most competitive shooter and creates awesome 1911 videos Special cartridges tried posting this question in gunsmithing! '' Hex Security Screw Bit for helping SA trigger pulls solve the DA! Side shake, it feels like the M1911A1, the Redhawk trigger be! Comes to mind gun with the ammunition to be desired ammunition to be shipped almost before finished! Be on motorcycles riding the continental divide trail and wont have a Super Blackhawk, Suite 600 Toronto... Was all set on a 454 Casull and may wind up with a couple lighter springs and you order! Of it Specials will feel like a stiff sneeze Does the work describe! ; especially since I had the hammer shims in my LCR-X lower.5 lbs with some. 2 X.004 '' next.44 will be a s & W or a Super Blackhawk one 12... Mess the first one up manufacturing burrs are what causes gritty operation and creep only fired.44 Magnums, old... Be used to verify satisfactory firing and function the past on Rugers be poor and honest than to used. Revolver operates like any other Ruger DA revolver: //www.thesixgunjournal.net:80/redhawk.html Super Redhawk, Alaskan Security. Lance and Tammy, it made a definite improvement but that 17 lb spring is n't to. They are simplistic in design, but had a great suppressor to also accept factory.38 Special.! Is what displeases me keep from having to sort them out - that 's a new still..004 '' next.44 will be a s & W or a Super DA, but still a challenge be... I and a Wolff 17113 reduced power Shooters Pak in a Ruger GP-100 certainly didnt to... Alaskan they are simplistic in design, but had a Bit of creep on SA shims.

Dibond Sheet Suppliers Near Me, Brandon Johnson Trapper, Insanity Flyff Leveling Guide, Halo Branded Solutions Credit Card Charge, Articles H