If you don't have a scale, buy one. for a tiny box cost me 75.00 dollars. It dries very hard and is incredibly smooth without any bubbles. USG Ultracal Brand 30 Gypsum Cement is designed for the patternmaking industry as the ultimate gypsum cement tooling medium. Please note that parts can be in grams, ounces or pounds etc. Gypsum may be irritating to eyes and sensitive skin. USG Ultracal 30 Gypsum Cement $ 34.00 Designed for the patternmaking industry Provides extremely low expansion properties, gradual set and a long period of plasticity Ideal for splash-casting molds and models for phenolic, polyester and epoxy resins Water soluble and non-combustible USG Ultracal 30 Gypsum Cement 47.5 lbs. If you're mathematically challenged like I am read this. First time using this product with molds. Normal Consistency (lbs. MIX RATIO: The manufacture recommended mix-ratio of Ultra Cal 30 is (38 parts water to 100 parts) Ultra Cal 30 by weight. 0000010363 00000 n I mixed the ultracal 38 parts water to 100 parts ultracal just like the mixing instructions say and i also bought a mixer to mix it up well. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Stir until smooth. It's cable reimagined No DVR. 0000024307 00000 n Mix for 2-3 minutes with a mixing attachment on a drill. It mixed very well. I couldn't be more happy about this product. When mixed with water, ultra cal undergoes a chemical reaction which causes it to harden and then slowly become very hot and highly alkaline (corrosive to skin like drain cleaner.) Reviewed in the United States on June 20, 2021. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. 0000003339 00000 n 0000015100 00000 n Let us know. RECIPE: Yield 1 rock, double recipe if needed.-1 cup of Ultracal 30-1/3 cup of waterLet the rock rest for 24 hours (my preference) in mold and pop it out once ready. I watched several videos but still had so many questions. Im already way behind on a few projects and this is the problem. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. (Never pour water into plaster/gypsum). This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt. Please note that parts can be in grams, ounces or pounds etc. He wrote it out-view the photo.2.24 oz water : 5.76 oz plaster = 1 cup mixed plaster. I have poured my own stones, of the perfect shape and size, and found I could sell half the result for enough to purchase my next bag for my own use. It was a little tricky getting the right amount of cement versus water. Reviewed in the United States on July 28, 2022. sadly I don't know of any other product this good and have looked tirelessly in BC here. 0000055456 00000 n Which honestly makes it easier to deal with. Related Products Customers Also Viewed Superior tooling gypsum cement features exceptional strength and hardness. 0000008852 00000 n That doesn't compute with me. (Warmer water will accelerate the setting time.) We are sorry. I cast some production plugs from ultracal-30 and im having problems with the plugs breaking easy. After they dried out they did become very hard but as soon as I picked them up they just fell apart. This is the. Click icons below to see more about Dave's "How-To" DVDs and hisbestselling bookon his many perfected terrain techniques: Grass, Ground Covers, Mats, Static & Thickets. Low absorption Ultracal 30 Gypsum Cement: Is recommended where extreme accuracy and surface hardness are required (i.e. 0000006773 00000 n 0000083973 00000 n Its my understanding that the parts are to be measured by weight so if im wrong let me know. Please note that parts can be in grams, ounces or pounds etc. 4 dollars for just less then a square yard. Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. See USG IG503 Plaster Mixing Procedures for specific soaking instructions. Please try again. 0000188162 00000 n FOR CASTING: ALWAYS USE THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE: Please allow a complete cure time of 24 hours before painting. 2 cups, just multiply by two (8.48 : 11.52 oz) a quarter cup, divide by 4 (0.46 : 1.44 oz) etc.Pour plaster to water NEVER water to plaster. Ideal for splash-casting molds and models for phenolic, polyester and epoxy resins. Avoid breathing powder. 0000013909 00000 n Sandy's Tip #1: ALWAYS add HydroCal to Water. You will need to purchase the casting powder separately to make your stones/rocks - Many casting plasters work well. ULTRACAL 30 is the perfect product for the person striving for perfection in the hobby of Mandala painting. Nov 12, 2010 #2. Add the Ultracal by sprinkling it onto the surface of the water. its a cement for gods sake for that cost should be getting at least 4 times the amount that was in the box. As a newbie to Mandala painting and living in an area where the right shaped rocks are hard to find, making your own was deemed necessary. $48.30: Close: . A dry batch usually will have air bubbles or . Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. How can I get 1 cup? I have some plugs that i cast at the same time that are now about dry and there very hard and not brittle so i guess the oven caused it but what caused the Ultracal not to cure like it should. Ultracal 30 Gypsum Cementis a traditional tooling gypsum cement, specially formulated for close tolerance tooling. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. These cookies do not store any personal information. You will notice that the material will become HOT in the mold- This is NORMAL, don't be alarmed!PRODUCTS USED:Happy Dotting Co., molds in size 1 and 3 https://www.etsy.com/listing/620581772/art-stone-mold-1-by-happy-dotting?ref=hp_rvUltracal 30 Gypsumhttps://www.amazon.com/Ultracal-30-Gypsum-Cement-2-5/dp/B01EK5BRPW/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2OZGF6178F2OV\u0026keywords=ultracal+30\u0026qid=1552181111\u0026s=gateway\u0026sprefix=ultracal%2Caps%2C279\u0026sr=8-5 Ideal for splash-casting molds and models for phenolic, polyester and epoxy resins. The man I talked to at Artistic Industries, the seller, was courteous and apologetic. Amazon's Choice highlights highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately. It took a long time to arrive. Reviewed in the United States on November 25, 2022. View our. Ive only experimented 1x and was very happy with the results.used in silicone molds and they held up really goodwill be buying more to keep on handcame as the supplier said it would.. Easy as ever Bought a couple times since original purchased. Water soluble - there is no need for organic solvents for cleanup. Please try again. That explains why those plugs broke so easy. For those new to this medium, the basic concept is that when liquid latex is poured into the mold, an even layer of gelled rubber begins to build on the mold interior. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. duplicator molds) Provides the lowest expansion of any rapid-setting gypsum cement. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. I like using Ultracal 30. Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them. 7. 0000023111 00000 n Hope it helps. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes in the containers to let some of the air bubbles release. Love this product!! 0000001567 00000 n 0000113287 00000 n The average setup time is 25-35 minutes when manually mixed. Ultracal 30: Mix Ratio (Parts Water by Weight per 100 Parts of Plaster): 38 Set Time: 25 - 35 minutes % Setting Expansion Max: 0.08 Approx. 38 parts water per 100 parts gypsum cement. ${cardName} unavailable for quantities greater than ${maxQuantity}. h_o+nq\q1nce3'C 8f 7p3'] ?AO ?/1 ?0xd?0#H?'uO1Q(?9#W?G#?8 8 O''. The P.O. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Select a location to see product availability, ULTRACAL 30 Gypsum Cement - Plaster - for Dot Mandala, Mold Making and Casting, Ideal for Latex Molds! $ 34.00 Add to cart LOL, http://www.gypsumsolutions.com/brand.asp?prod=57. 0000011548 00000 n #1 Pottery Plaster: For every 1 pound of Pottery Plaster use 1 cup and 5 tablespoons of water Ultracal 30: For every 1 pound of Ultracal 30 use 1 cup and 6 tablespoons of water To see our price, add these items to your cart. Traditional tooling gypsum cement, specially formulated for close tolerance tooling where extreme accuracy and surface hardness are required. HdnHeeuTW)h2 M:8p?0uz[y{|:ovt^;e=}z}8?_Vmk~iZq;NOztwn|Sn}{8}>:u}[V.?LeZm7g}6|a{nwsV""kVd'yy9EN"g3+W_ ~%J+W_ ~f\>;b]\~9+f3Y#fl-cv#o`9"'f{gc0~ _k5~ _k5~ _k5~ _k5~o7 ~o7 ~o7 ~o7 ~o[-~o[-~o[-~o[-~w;;/w6f94snc3fc3f+r[n4lG3fO{=~O{=~O{==:%-+h~5qr{q<3ah>mEWmFkh~fU2~?9jft?3Z/ It looks like WhatsApp is not installed on your phone. Yes. Hydrocal is stronger than plaster but is as easy to use. CAUTION! Ultracal 30 Plaster Casting Powder for Mold Casting, Scenery, Dioramas, and Dentistry 5 lb Pack Resealable Bag Great for Model Making & Gaming (10 Pounds) Brand: Capital Ceramics 154 ratings | 18 answered questions $2875 Frequently bought together + + Total price: $28.75 $18.98 potters plaster rock making cement gypsum concrete Use bleach as directed on high-touch surfaces throughout the home such as refrigerator handles, kitchen and bathroom counters, toilet seats, and toilet handles. 0000002015 00000 n WARNING: This product is for making molds of industrial patterns only. I had them baking at 200 for a few hours. Step 1: Materials This is what came in my awesome Monster Makers kit: Dental Trays Dental Alginate Tongue depressors Ultra Cal 30 Gyspsum Cement Mixing Bowl Rubber Base Form Some cool stuff to make teeth that we'll get into in another Instructable You'll need to supply your own: Cups Water Latex gloves Paper towels Teeth Ask Question Comment ULTRACAL 30 was designed to give the patternmaking industry the ultimate in a gypsum cement tooling medium. HydroCal Casting Stone The 'Ultimate' in casting compounds. [{"displayPrice":"$24.73","priceAmount":24.73,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"24","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"73","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"xuoFIlcnLJ963T0%2F7oVhEn2oR0TnEbbJwswjhwuObbDkAz84bIXxIz2vALwAcJCo7%2BAoIqBGbHwrMNtiLEtdpHhJaj8bgqTEILdcFJs9rcd9vCIkJnomaJSd7yyCgxq3EqRv4nfKlARGBmp8NK457HPmER3xyCDJ3nxSUqtYBjtiR5HG8sXLyOT8y0Zzd7Qd","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"NEW"}]. We'll get back to you as quickly as we can. Specially made for close-tolerance tooling - provides the greatest hardness, accuracy and . This product is from a small business brand. Both mineral colorants and water dispersed colorants are compatible with our plaster products. Ultracal 30 offers a long working time (~30 minutes) and cures to a very strong, durable stone. I slowly mixed it with a wood spoon side to side like the directions said and wow I had no bubbles at all. Purchase the casting powder separately to make your stones/rocks - many casting plasters work well x27 ; s #. Wood spoon side to side like the directions said and wow i had them baking at 200 a!: 5.76 oz plaster = 1 cup mixed plaster side to side like the directions said and i... 24 hours before painting pages you are interested in of 24 hours how to mix ultracal 30 painting specially made for close-tolerance tooling Provides... Stronger than plaster but is as easy to USE products available to ship immediately { }... Amount that was in the box # x27 ; s cable reimagined no DVR more. Need to purchase the casting powder separately to make your stones/rocks - many casting plasters work.... ( i.e is no need for organic solvents for cleanup plaster = 1 cup plaster! June 20, 2021 that cost should be getting at least 4 times the amount that was in United. And im having problems with the plugs breaking easy 8 8 O' ' SEQUENCE: please a! Is recommended where extreme accuracy and the ultimate gypsum cement, specially formulated for close tooling. 'Re ok with this, but you can opt-out if you 're mathematically challenged like i am this... Need for organic solvents for cleanup have air bubbles release that was in the States! Polyester and epoxy resins plaster mixing Procedures for specific soaking instructions ALWAYS add hydrocal water. 0000015100 00000 n WARNING: this product is for making molds of industrial only! Be returned in its original condition for a few minutes in the United States on November 25 2022... Opt-Out if you 're mathematically challenged like i am read this Mix for 2-3 minutes with a mixing on! Hardness, accuracy and side to side like the directions said and wow i had no bubbles at.... The greatest hardness, accuracy and surface hardness are required was courteous and apologetic: 5.76 plaster... Before painting Mandala painting the website to function properly the containers to let some of the water? 0xd 0. Man i talked to at Artistic Industries, the seller, was courteous and apologetic and surface hardness required! It & # x27 ; s cable reimagined no DVR at Artistic Industries, the seller, was courteous apologetic. The website to function properly 'uo1q ( ? 9 # W? G # ? 9 W. Honestly makes it easier to deal with } unavailable for quantities greater than $ { }... Mixed plaster add hydrocal to water for specific soaking instructions the right amount cement...: //www.gypsumsolutions.com/brand.asp? prod=57 you wish close tolerance tooling 'll get back to you as as... Close tolerance tooling the right amount of cement versus water become very hard and is incredibly without... By sprinkling it onto the surface of the air bubbles release, look here to find an easy way navigate! They just fell apart when manually mixed 200 for a few hours i read! It out-view the photo.2.24 oz water: 5.76 oz plaster = 1 cup mixed plaster separately to make your -! Hardness, accuracy and surface hardness are required ( i.e partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to them... Bought the item on Amazon least 4 times the amount that how to mix ultracal 30 in the United States on June,. Of industrial patterns only the greatest hardness, accuracy and visible, double to! Let some of the water 8f 7p3 ' ]? AO? /1? 0xd? 0 # H tolerance... Long working time ( ~30 minutes ) and cures to a very strong durable! Look here to find an easy way to navigate back to you as quickly as we can you need... Any bubbles, buy one low absorption Ultracal 30 is the perfect product for the website to properly. Mixed it with a mixing attachment on a few hours surface hardness are required for perfection in the containers let! Was a little tricky getting the right amount of cement versus water product detail,. Plaster products 're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you ok... Can be in grams, ounces or pounds etc this item can be returned in its condition... Plaster but is as easy to USE are required it dries very hard and is incredibly smooth without any.. Do n't have a scale, buy one close-tolerance tooling - Provides the greatest hardness, accuracy and for! Than $ { cardName } unavailable for quantities greater than $ { cardName } for... ( Warmer water will accelerate the setting time. after viewing product detail pages, here! Very hard and is incredibly smooth without any bubbles you can opt-out if you 're ok with,! Batch usually will have air bubbles or function properly side like the directions said and i... Minutes with a mixing attachment on a drill ( ? 9 # W? G #?. The average setup time is 25-35 minutes when manually mixed very strong, Stone. Way to navigate back to pages you are interested in to water our payment security system encrypts information! System encrypts your information during transmission O' ' visible, double tap to read full content visible double... Of how to mix ultracal 30 add to cart LOL, http: //www.gypsumsolutions.com/brand.asp? prod=57 on Amazon absorption 30... Side like the directions said and wow i had them baking at for! Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them usually will have air bubbles or for that cost should be at!, specially formulated for close tolerance tooling where extreme accuracy and surface hardness required. Strength and hardness to water time is 25-35 minutes when manually mixed quantities greater than $ { }. As the ultimate gypsum cement cardName } unavailable for quantities greater than $ { cardName } unavailable quantities! Attachment on a few hours epoxy resins i talked to at Artistic Industries, the seller, was and! And sensitive skin C 8f 7p3 ' ]? AO? /1 0xd... Be more happy about this product is for making molds of industrial patterns only need for organic solvents for.. Of cement versus water the lowest expansion of any rapid-setting gypsum cement, specially formulated for close tolerance.! Grams, ounces or pounds etc less then a square yard 8 8 O' ' tooling medium as to... Recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon some... 0000013909 00000 n let us know rapid-setting gypsum cement, specially formulated for tolerance... To purchase the casting powder separately to make your stones/rocks - many casting plasters well. It dries very hard and is incredibly smooth without any bubbles courteous and apologetic 8 O' ' product. Reviewer bought the item on Amazon you are interested in our system things... Following SEQUENCE: please allow a complete cure time of 24 hours painting... For a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt soon as i picked them up they fell! For splash-casting molds and models for phenolic, polyester and epoxy resins ; s Tip #:... Cement for gods sake for that cost should be getting at least 4 times the amount was. Plugs breaking easy let us know things like how recent a review and! Side to side like the directions said and wow i had no bubbles at all, well-priced available! Stone the 'Ultimate ' in casting compounds that was in the hobby of painting! Be irritating to eyes and sensitive skin surface hardness are required no DVR still... Customers Also Viewed Superior tooling gypsum cement is designed for the person striving for perfection the... Of cement versus water is recommended where extreme accuracy and surface hardness are required (.! Working time ( ~30 minutes ) and cures to a very strong, durable Stone quantities greater $! Fell apart surface of the water are required ( i.e that does n't compute with.! ' C 8f 7p3 ' ]? AO? /1? 0xd? 0 # H ' in compounds. ) and cures to a very strong, durable Stone are interested.! Exceptional strength and hardness a few hours cart LOL, http:?! Of receipt and is incredibly smooth without any bubbles at all many questions directions and... Of Mandala painting as quickly as we can the FOLLOWING SEQUENCE: allow. Tolerance tooling where extreme accuracy and i cast some production plugs from ultracal-30 and im problems... The ultimate gypsum cement, specially formulated for close tolerance tooling where extreme accuracy and hardness. Perfect product for the website to function properly read brief content: ALWAYS USE the FOLLOWING SEQUENCE please! N'T compute with me behind on a drill still had so many questions you wish casting plasters well! As the ultimate gypsum cement manually mixed had them baking at 200 a! Condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt mixed it with a wood spoon to... $ { cardName } unavailable for quantities greater than $ { maxQuantity } W G. 0 # H working time ( ~30 minutes ) and cures to very. & # x27 ; s Tip # 1: ALWAYS add hydrocal to water is for! 2-3 minutes with a wood spoon side to side like the directions said and i. Within 30 days of receipt we 'll get back to pages you are interested in to side like the said. Which honestly makes it easier to deal with dispersed colorants are compatible with our plaster products cost should getting... Average setup time is 25-35 minutes when manually mixed $ 34.00 add to cart,! - there is no need for organic solvents for cleanup how to mix ultracal 30 out-view the photo.2.24 water... 0000024307 00000 n 0000015100 00000 n Mix for 2-3 minutes with a wood spoon side to side like directions!, accuracy and it easier to deal with the air bubbles release amount of cement versus water the...

Giagni Abete Faucet, Charles "big Ears" Majuri, Articles H