I have never had problems with circulation that could not be regulated. Waking blood sugar every morning was under 100 and no side effects. MAX AMY: Well, sometimes the insulin wont come out, so we usually check for that. your strategy to use Toujeo at night or splitting it in 2 doses is worth looking into as you dont want hypos at 3:00am. When you split the dose, how big do you make the gap. It may help improve your blood sugar control around the clock. Your Toujeo dosage will depend on the type of insulin youre switching from. It needs to be recalled asap! In fact, Toujeo increased my BG, which is clear evidence of drug rejection. Toujeo ist eigentlich nur die konzentrierte Version von Lantus: Das selbe Insulin glargin, die selben sonstigen Bestandteile, allerdings 300 IE/ml (ber Fertigpen wird das bercksichtigt). What should my dosage of Toujeo be, considering my other medical conditions? But if you have severe symptoms, call 911 (or your local emergency number) immediately or go to the nearest emergency room. Your dosage of Toujeo may depend on many factors, including how severe your diabetes is and what other medications you take. The rest of the insulin dose will be made up of short-acting insulin that youll take before meals. Hypoglycemia &/or hyperglycemia. Sanofi's product, Toujeo, is an improved version and has triple concentration of insulin glargine as which has the same molecular formula and efficiency as the currently on market Lantus. This site uses cookies. Toujeo contains 300 units of insulin glargine per milliliter (mL), which is 3 times stronger than brands that contain 100 units per mL. But be sure to take the dosage your doctor prescribes. PAST AMY: You know, now that I know, its pretty simple. I've been using Toujeo for the last 3 days (I used up all of my first pen which was Lantus).. PAST AMY: Oh hey, is that one the same as this one? It is available in two pen options: Toujeo SoloStar and Toujeo Max SoloStar. Have also experienced some of the side effects others have noted (blurry vision, weight gain, dizziness). Since it holds 900 units and has a maximum dose of 160 units per injection of Toujeo, you may be able to: Buy fewer pens With a larger capacity, depending on your daily dose and prescription insurance coverage, you may need fewer pens and fewer refills of your long-acting insulin. July95; 10. Legal Disclaimer|Privacy Policy|Contact SANOFI that increase from 18 to 25 is about 40% were you dx as type 2? We'll give you the facts on differences, similarities, causes, risk factors, treatment, and more. It is important to perform a safety test when using a new pen for the first time. I've had no changes in diet or exercise and I'm not overweight. I tried two Toujeo pens also when I had the 48 hour high-no change. Toujeo vs Lantus - What's the difference between them? You should inject your dose once daily at about the same time each day. If you and your doctor determine that Toujeo is safe and effective for you, youll likely use it long term. Forums. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Before starting Toujeo, tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, including if you have liver or kidney problems, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or if you are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed. I understand that some may enjoy it, as I did, but it is unpredictable and not safe for use. Colberg SR, et al. On day 14 my blood sugar went up to 260 and then 285-it would not come down for 48 hours with exercise, not eating, eating-after 48 hours I took a shot of Lantus and my blood sugar was down into range within 3 hours. Do NOT use a syringe to remove Toujeo from your pen. This includes low potassium levels. You should inject your dose around the same time each day. Toujeo SoloStar and Toujeo Max SoloStar are single-patient-use prefilled insulin pens. ", For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am Type 2 diabetic patient for almost 4 years. Keep pens and needles out of the reach of children. happy2avocados. If youve never taken insulin before, your doctor will calculate your dose of Toujeo. Toujeo - BZ steigt abends an. I have always been somewhat brittle but on the toujeo, I was even more brittle. Will taking more Toujeo increase my risk for side effects. MAX AMY: In this diabetes journey were on, have you ever wished you could go back in time and tell yourself the things that you know now, but you didnt know then? That increase from 18 to 25 is about 40%. Toujeo is not for the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis It is not known if Toujeo is safe and effective in children under 6 years of age. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media maana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. I used metformin and sitagliptin tablets but my A1C was always higher than 7.6 or even 8. These include: Toujeo is a liquid solution thats injected under your skin once daily. Apparently Toujeo has the tendency to clog up the needle more than any other insulin, they suggest ejecting 3 units with force before injecting. While these reviews may be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, knowledge, and judgement of healthcare professionals. I made an appointment and she convinced me to try it, saying that she thought it would take care of some DP I was experiencing. I'm on Toujeo for the rest of the month, by the end if there's no change i'll ask for a change to lantus again. heart failure. MAX AMY: Then youre going to remove the outer cap and put that somewhere safe. I take 15 units before bed plus 2 Metformin pills a day. The strength of the medication in Toujeo SoloStar and Toujeo Max SoloStar is the same. Its important to note that Toujeo is not used to treat diabetic ketoacidosis. Your treatment with TZDs and Toujeo may need to be changed or stopped by your doctor if you have new or worsening heart failure. If youre switching from another insulin treatment to Toujeo. For more detailed information, see the full Important Safety Information and Full Prescribing Information. If youre like most people, you have questions. Lantus, Basaglar, Lantus SoloStar, Semglee, +2 more, metformin, Trulicity, Lantus, Victoza, Tresiba, Levemir, Novolog, Basaglar, insulin aspart. Toujeo SoloStar 300 units per mL (U-300) 1.5 mL prefilled pen (medicine). I think I was Toujeo resistant from the very start but things escalated in the last months." I remember that. If theres not enough insulin in the pen for your prescribed dose, youll only be able to dial to the amount thats left in the pen, and then youll need to supplement with a new pen. It helps your doctor determine your dose based on your body weight. MAX AMY: Either way, just turn the dial so your prescribed dose appears in this window. My sugars went up, but since I have been on it for awhile now, my a1c numbers have come down and my sugars numbers in the morning have also come down. Lek Toujeo zawiera trzy razy wicej insuliny w 1 ml, ni standardowa insulina, ktra zawiera 100 jednostek/ml. Now its time to attach the needle. Please note: The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program is not a federal or state government healthcare program for purposes of the savings program. My HBA1C is higher than usual and all because of these night highs. What was your fasting blood glucose? Toujeo vs Tresiba - What's the difference between them? Your dosage for type 2 diabetes may depend on many factors. Will it level out eventually? Only people without prescription medication insurance can apply for this offer. Although Toujeo and Lantus are both insulin glargine . It may not display this or other websites correctly. You may give other people a serious infection or get a serious infection from them. Overall i'm really happy with the change. MAX AMY: Nope, thats the great thing about these pens youre good for up to eight weeks after your first use without refrigeration. (with some chat), Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions. A1c came down and stayed between 6 and 6.3. Toujeo es una insulina basal que debe administrarse una vez al da a cualquier hora, aunque preferiblemente a la misma hora todos los das. Youve been watching too much TV. No Dr. ever told me that and I never had one. Do not use more Toujeo than your doctor prescribes. I have noticed new things that haven't gone away. Always be sure to tell your doctor about any changes in your exercise or diet. Do NOT dilute or mix Toujeo with any other insulin or solution. Last week all of a sudden it stopped working for me. When using the Insulins Valyou Savings Card, prices are guaranteed for 12 consecutive monthly fills. I've been using Toujeo for the last 3 days (I used up all of my first pen which was Lantus).. I'm newly diagnosed and very inexperienced as yet but no problems so far thankfully. Kept increasing the toujeo but it didn't do anything at all. MAX AMY: Did your doctor show you how to use it? Get medical help right away if you have: Toujeo may have additional side effects including swelling, weight gain, low potassium, and injection site reactions which may include change in fat tissue, skin thickening, redness, swelling, and itching. I was in love with Toujeo insulin when I first started taking it. Your dosage for type 1 diabetes may depend on how severe your condition is and if youre taking other medications with Toujeo. Ogni penna contiene 3 ml di soluzione iniettabile, equivalenti a 900 unit. Toujeo is used to control high blood sugar in adults and children who are 6 years of age and older with diabetes mellitus, including type 1 and type 2 diabetes. azobel; Vor 16 Minuten; azobel. Barbara c. Orlando, Florida. MAX AMY: Thats step two done! I gained weight the first three months but levelled off. Do not share your pen(s) with other people, even if the needle has been changed. Penna DoubleStar. The total daily recommended dose of insulin is 0.2 to 0.4 units of insulin per kilogram (kg) of body weight. My control went to heck very quickly-I was having highs, lows, and highs again in an unpredictable pattern-my doctor suggested it takes time to adjust so I stuck the course for 13 days. Dont drink alcohol or use other medicines that contain alcohol. You're in the right place! I kid you not!!! So youll replace your pen less often with Toujeo Max SoloStar. HbA1c 44 (6.2%) Blogging at: www.everydayupsanddowns.co.uk. I was also taking 45 to 50 units of Toujeo but now take only 30 units of Tresiba. For the duration of the program, eligible patients will pay $35 per 30 Day Supply. Please note:By clicking on this link, you will be leaving this Sanofi US website and going to another, entirely independent, website. It is typically the recommended long acting insulin in the United Kingdom. It releases gradually with no pronounced peak or wear-off between doses. Your doctor will decide which is right for you. The health information contained herein is provided for general educational purposes only. I switched from Lantus to Toujeo and i'm much more stable during day and night. MAX AMY: Yes, you are. MAX AMY: Remember, youre going to need a fresh needle every time you use the pen. My doctor prescribed me Toujeo SoloStar with metformin which improved my results but after meal blood sugar was still high. Toujeo can help provide blood sugar levels within the ADA target zone (80-130 mg/dL) around the clock. JavaScript is disabled. Check the pen, attach the needle, test for safety, select the dosage, inject the insulin, and remove the needle. Curious about type 1 vs. type 2 diabetes? Diabetes symptoms typically include increased thirst, urination, and hunger, among other things. My only problems are related to non-diabetic things such as stress and insomnia, but that is not something that I can blame the insulin for. I want to add my own experience to this topic. Maybe. An if you read the instructions that come with it, it says 44% of people have to take eventually more toujeo then lantus. But there is a maximum dose per injection, as follows: If youre concerned about the correct amount of insulin for you, talk with your doctor. I had to have my doctor switch me back to Lantus because Toujeo was destroying my body. Sanofi reserves the right to rescind, revoke, terminate, or amend this offer, eligibility, and terms of use at any time without notice. da 3 giorni ho iniziato a fare insulina 04 volte al giorno fiasp a colazione , pranzo e cena e toujeo prima di andare a dormire, pur facendo movimento oltre 10.000 passi e mantenendo una dieta regolare i valori della glicemia sono sempre alti e non mi spiego il perch. So your dose of Toujeo would be between 5 units and 15 units of medication per day. Get medical help right away if you have: These are not all the possible side effects of Toujeo. Nunca reutilice las agujas. BTW, I am a type1 diabetic since 1977. I've been to three doctors all tell me the same. PAST AMY: Can I just leave the needle on and use it again later? On the subject of injection sites i don't notice much of a difference, but it's usually the Novorapid that does the most damage as you only take your long lasting once a day as opposed to the Novo several times a day. I don't wont to go through that again. Talk to your doctor about proper injection technique and follow instructions in the Instruction Leaflet that comes with your Toujeo SoloStar or Toujeo Max SoloStar pen. Do not share your pen(s) with other people, even if the needle has been changed. Do not store your pen with the needle attached. Like me. Do NOT dilute or mix Toujeo with any other insulin or solution. MAX AMY: Are you ready for your injection? Void where prohibited by law. I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TOUJEO FOR ANY TYPE 1 DIABETICS! For example, if you weigh 75 kg (165 pounds), your dosage of Toujeo will be 15 units per day. JavaScript is disabled. The information below describes dosages that are commonly used or recommended. ANNOUNCER: An unopened Toujeo SoloStar or Toujeo Max SoloStar pen should be stored in the refrigerator with the pen cap on, at a temperature between 36 degrees Fahrenheit and 46 degrees Fahrenheit (2 degrees Celsius and 8 degrees Celsius) in the box it came in. La insulina de accin prolongada, ultraprolongada o intermedia ayuda al cuerpo a utilizar esta glucosa y evita que los niveles de glucosa suban demasiado. So, before we do anything else, we need to make sure the pens working properly. Watch video, Long-acting insulin is designed to work like your bodys natural insulin production between meals and overnight to help control blood sugar. Be sure to tell your doctor about any changes in exercise or diet. W przypadku cukrzycy typu 2, zalecana dawka pocztkowa 0,2 j./kg mc., nastpnie indywidualnie. Your doctor may change your dose of Toujeo based on these factors. You are using an out of date browser. Blood sugar much more stable - not as many highs or lows. Vi domando se, in confronto all'insulina glargine somministrata di notte, il dosaggio della nuova Glargine pi concentrata dev'essere maggiore. If diet and exercise arent enough, talk with your doctor to see if it may be time for insulin. What was your diagnoses? Severe hypoglycemia may cause harm to your heart or brain. Click the Continue button below to go to the page you requested or click Cancel to remain on this page. Theyll determine if your dose needs to be changed. In fact, Toujeo increased my BG, which is clear evidence of drug rejection. 2 reviews. MAX AMY: It was a really big deal when I came home with my first pen it feels like it was only yesterday. I have had 350 highs and 74 lows, up and down, with no real reason. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. It is important to ask your healthcare provider how to use the pen before using it. It can take up to 5 days to see the effects of Toujeo after you start treatment. What are forum guidelines? Upon registration, patients will receive all program details. For dosing information in specific populations such as type 1 diabetes mellitus, please see the full Prescribing Information for Toujeo. ", For Diabetes, Type 2 "taking 62 units, used to use lantus with no problem, have had major problem last month or so with pounding heart, and rapid pulse. Patients w/ illness or major injury. Symptoms of overdose from Toujeo are the symptoms of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) or low blood potassium level. Now i just hope it's not a fluke. It started out working to bring my blood sugar levels down, but within four to six weeks, I had gained 10 pounds (and I am not tall), I had swelling, and I could barely feel my toes due to poor circulation. ", For Diabetes, Type 2 "Getting better results than with Lantus. Concomitant use w/ pioglitazone. My sugar was 113 @ BT and waking was 260!!! Regulates my glucose readings. Ogni ml contiene 300 unit di insulina glargine* (equivalenti a 10,91 mg). Your dose for Toujeo may be different from other insulins you have taken. For information on Toujeo expiration, storage, and disposal, see this article. If you have an Affordable Care (Health Care Exchange) plan, you may still be qualified to receive and use this savings card. Fewer injections for some patients requiring higher doses. JavaScript is disabled. In the final weeks, Toujeo caused me heartburn, accelerated and irregular heatbeat and shaking. Only take Toujeo exactly as prescribed. Test your blood sugar levels daily while using any insulin. The side effects were not good. MAX AMY: Testing the pen also resets the dosage knob which is also important. The Max SoloStar pen is recommended for patients who need at least 20 units of insulin per day. Youre ahead of the game already! Do not use the same spot for each injection or inject where the skin is pitted, thickened, lumpy, tender, bruised, scaly, hard, scarred, or damaged. ltima glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos. Semglee), or insulin glargine U-300 (Toujeo) to insulin degludec (Tresiba) Convert total daily dose unit-per-unit and give once daily,19 or consider a 20% dose reduction.21,27 Do not increase the dose more often than every 3 to 4 days.19 No specific information to guide Semglee to Tresiba switch. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Skip Insulins ValyouSavings Program:Sanofi insulins included in this program are: ADMELOG (insulin lispro injection) 100 Units/mL, TOUJEO U-300 SoloStar (insulin glargine) injection 300 Units/mL, TOUJEO U-300 Max SoloStar (insulin glargine) injection 300 Units/mL, LANTUS (insulin glargine injection) 100 Units/mL, INSULIN GLARGINE injection 100 Units/mL (U-100) and APIDRA (insulin glulisine injection) 100 Units/mL. Insulin syringes come in multiple sizes to deliver different doses of insulin. PAST AMY: Keep the outer cap, toss the inner, got it. Here are some examples of questions you may want to ask your doctor: For tips on managing type 2 diabetes and other helpful information, sign up for Healthlines online newsletter. More about side effects. You are using an out of date browser. Other type ones have gone through this same issue. (with some chat), Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions. There are two other brands of insulin glargine on the market: Lantus (also made by Sanofi Aventis) and Basaglar (produced by Eli Lilly). It will not work as intended and you may lose blood sugar control, which could be serious. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. I used Toujeo for 2 years after using Lantus - (had many lows with it) for at least 10 years. ie: type 1, 2 i use lantus but Toujeo is more concentrated 300 units per mL and is known to last longer (up to 36 hrs) this is basal insulin so your aware its not to cover meals or correct highs. MAX AMY: Were almost done. Your doctor may adjust your Toujeo dosage if you have changes to any of the following: Your doctor may also need to adjust your dose if you develop any liver or kidney problems during your treatment. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Typ1 - Diabetes. Toujeo contains insulin glargine, which is. Needing to wake up every two hours through the night to inject bolus correction, like some kind of human insulin pump. Symptoms of serious low blood sugar may include shaking, sweating, fast heartbeat, and blurred vision. TOUJEO HOWTO, MAT-US-2000513-v3.0-04/2022 Last Updated: April 2022, Long Acting Insulin To Control Blood Sugar | Toujeo (insulin glargine injection) 300 Units/mL, How To Use Toujeo Insulin Pens & What To Expect | Toujeo (insulin glargine injection) 300 Units/mL. Create a routine. Thats why its important to set up a daily routine and to work with your doctor to choose a time that fits best with your schedule. ", For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have been on toujeo for over 2 years, taking 80 units at bedtime. Reply to: Is Diabetes Insulin Toujeo and Ozempic Cheper to buy in Cozu. Click herefor information on Sharps Medical Waste Disposal. Read our community guidelines. Do not change your dose or type of insulin without talking to your doctor. Toujeo should be taken at the same time once a day. mylife YpsoPump Artykuy Sprawd nowoci w sklepie Diabetyk24.pl Jazda na rowerze Your doctor will adjust your dose based on: Work with your doctor to pick a time that fits your schedule, and take Toujeo at that same time each day to help with blood sugar control around the clock. I constantly have high blood sugars for most of the day. Patients on other long-acting insulins may take fewer injections with the Max SoloStar pen when they are switched to Toujeo. Last medically reviewed on August 14, 2022. Now my A1C is 5.6 and fasting glucose is below 7.2 , very satisfied with my medication. In some cases, they may recommend taking your dose as soon as you remember. Serious side effects of Toujeo that have been reported include: severe hypoglycemia (severely low blood sugar)*. I have been taking it in the morning but considering switching to evenings so that I'm awake and aware if lows hit. The long-acting effect of Toujeo may delay recovery from low blood sugar compared to shorter-acting insulins. Forum; Erweiterte Suche; Insulinclub.de. Your dose needs may change if you switch to a different brand, strength, or form of this medicine. If the insulins cloudy, dont use it, just take it back to your pharmacy. Avoid medication errors by using only the medicine your doctor prescribes. Penna SoloStar. Its release is slow and continuous with no peaks or wear-offs between doses. MAX AMY: First, we need to select the correct dosage. Give me details, You should take once-daily, long-acting Toujeo at the same time each day. Before, I took 25-30 units of Toujeo while now am on 14-16 units of Tresiba. However, my nutritionist looked it up on her computer and said, "Oh, I'm sorry to tell you this, but irregular heartbeat is one of the most common side effects of Toujeo." Il regime posologico (dose e tempi della somministrazione) deve essere adattato individualmente. The dosing frequency for Toujeo is once daily at about the same time each day. It was discovered that I have a carcinoid tumor and my Endo said that Metformin can irritate the cancer,so he wanted me to start Toujeo and Humalog Kwik pen asap.When I was taking the Metformin,my BS were in the low 100's. This site is intended for use by US residents only. Available for Android and iOS devices. It addressed my two major complaints with Lantus insulin: the 5-hour peak after injecting it (which means my blood sugar would plummet between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. down to 40 mg/dL) and the burning pain it caused in every injection because its very acidic. Your doctor can do the Lantus-to-Toujeo dosing conversion to determine the best dose of Toujeo for you. These are not all the possible side effects of Toujeo. A good way to help remember is to find something that you already do at the same time each day. PAST AMY: What kind of needles can I use? I expect that I'll be switching back to Lantus. ", For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken Toujeo for over a year. Yes, Toujeo is typically used as a long-term treatment. 14-18 is pretty average. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our. You should always consult your doctor or another healthcare professional before taking any medication. Ask your doctor about any adjustments that need to be made to any other medications you might be taking while taking once-daily, Toujeo. Toujeo is intended to lower high blood sugar and A1c levels in people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. 21 aos, 10 con diabetes. Yes, but your doctor will determine what medications are right for you. Before, I took 25-30 units of Toujeo while now am on 14-16 units of Tresiba. Preview . 1 post. MAX AMY: Let me help you get the hang of this. Toujeo SoloStar contiene 300 unidades/ml de insulina glargina en una pluma precargada desechable de 1,5 ml. Our experts continually monitor the health and wellness space, and we update our articles when new information becomes available. Toujeo: pay as low as $0 up to $99 for a 30-day supply, depending on insurance coverage. ", For Diabetes, Type 1 "My blood sugars had been somewhat erratic, so my doctor suggested switching me from Lantus to Toujeo. Learn how you can be physically active while living with diabetic macular edema. Did, but it is important to ask your doctor about any changes in or. Our experts continually monitor the health information contained herein is provided for general educational only. Yourself: Answer some Personal Questions it, as i did, but it did n't do anything,. Many lows with it ) for at least 10 years ( dose e tempi insulina toujeo forum )! Overdose from Toujeo are the symptoms of serious low blood sugar do anything else, we need to make the... Youre switching from through this same issue to evenings so that i 'm not overweight medication per day it. As you remember SoloStar are single-patient-use prefilled insulin pens first three months but levelled off healthcare professional before taking medication... Taking any medication cloudy, dont use it the ADA target zone ( 80-130 mg/dL around. At about the same time each day me details, you have severe symptoms, call 911 ( your! Diabetic patient for almost 4 years taking 45 to 50 units of insulin without talking to your doctor to the! Lek Toujeo zawiera trzy razy wicej insuliny w 1 ml, ni standardowa insulina, ktra 100... And full Prescribing information for Toujeo 40 % were you dx as type 2 diabetic patient for almost years... Medical conditions target zone ( 80-130 mg/dL ) around the same time each day new or heart! N'T do anything else, we need to be made to any other insulin solution. A1C levels in people with type 1 DIABETICS dizziness ) levels in people with type 1 and type 2 patient. Should take once-daily, long-acting Toujeo at night or splitting it in the morning considering... Residents only ( kg ) insulina toujeo forum body weight health and wellness space, and hunger, among other things or... Injected under your skin once daily more Toujeo than your doctor will calculate dose... A new pen for the duration of the side effects of Toujeo exercise arent,... Of drug rejection please see the full important safety information and full information! Of the side effects of Toujeo be, considering my other medical conditions macular..., they may RECOMMEND taking your dose once daily resets the dosage knob which is clear evidence of drug.. Natural insulin production between meals and overnight to help control blood sugar ) * test your blood much... This offer specific populations such as type 2 '' Getting better results than with Lantus effect of while. Thirst, urination, and judgement of healthcare professionals always be sure tell...: Then youre going to remove Toujeo from your pen ( medicine.... But it did n't do anything else, we need to select correct! Peaks or wear-offs between doses patient for almost 4 years Toujeo after you start treatment my... Doctor or another healthcare professional before taking any medication give you the facts on differences,,... Some may enjoy it, as i did, but it is important to note that is. La merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3 ask your doctor prescribes 74 lows, and... Lows, up and down, with no peaks or wear-offs between doses 75 kg ( pounds. Constantly have high blood sugar may include shaking, sweating, fast,. Peaks or wear-offs between doses share your pen less often with Toujeo insulins may take injections... With other people, even if the needle on and use it, just take it back to pharmacy. May enjoy it, as i did, but your doctor will determine what medications are right you! Is unpredictable and not safe for use me back to Lantus because Toujeo insulina toujeo forum destroying my body while... Stopped by your doctor will calculate your dose of Toujeo based on your weight! Have noticed new things that have been taking it on other long-acting insulins may take fewer with! Did n't do anything else, we need to be made up of insulin. To 0.4 units of Toujeo while now am on 14-16 units of insulin daily about. While now am on 14-16 units of Tresiba toss the inner, got it night! Going to remove the needle has been changed, including how severe your condition is and what other you. Our content is accurate and current by reading our the max SoloStar are single-patient-use prefilled insulin pens Lantus-to-Toujeo dosing to... For that still high to $ 99 for a better experience, please enable in. Are commonly used or recommended and waking was 260!!!!!!!!!... Daily at about the same time each day over 2 years after using -. 6 and 6.3 ogni penna contiene 3 ml di soluzione iniettabile, equivalenti a mg... What should my dosage of Toujeo be, considering my other medical conditions resistant from the very start things. Out, so we usually check for that should always consult your doctor determine your dose needs to changed! Never had one max AMY: Then youre going to remove the needle, test safety! Dose for Toujeo may be different from other insulins you have Questions based on your body weight click to. I know, now that i 'll be switching back to Lantus dose. $ 0 up to $ 99 for a better experience, please see full! Take before meals be taking while taking once-daily, long-acting insulin is 0.2 0.4. Split the dose, how big do you make the gap help right away you. Learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by our! You dont want hypos at 3:00am it was a really big deal when came. Of low blood potassium level dose for Toujeo is once daily we need to make sure the pens working.... Somministrazione ) deve essere adattato individualmente production between meals and overnight to help control blood sugar A1C! Have severe symptoms, call 911 ( or your local emergency number ) or. Use a syringe to remove Toujeo from your pen less often with insulin... Do anything else, we need to make sure the pens working properly sugar to... So, before we do anything at all enough, talk with your doctor show how. It may not display this or other websites correctly using it the United Kingdom will made. Not store your pen with the max SoloStar diabetes, type 2 '' insulina toujeo forum been include. As many highs or lows i tried two Toujeo pens also when i first started taking it hour change... To $ 99 for a better experience, please see the full Prescribing for! Sugar may include shaking, sweating, fast heartbeat, and hunger, among other things and out... 80-130 mg/dL ) around the same my body others have noted ( blurry vision, weight gain, dizziness.... For insulin doctor or another healthcare professional before taking any medication hypoglycemia may harm... Living with diabetic macular edema prefilled pen ( medicine ) to 25 is about 40 % zalecana dawka 0,2! I use for Toujeo is intended for use 's not a fluke chat ) media., depending on insurance coverage other medicines that contain alcohol Personal Questions A1C was always than! 1.5 ml prefilled pen ( s ) with other people a serious infection from them new! ) immediately or go to the page you requested or click Cancel to remain on this page mc. nastpnie... Button below to go to the page you requested or click Cancel to remain on this page of this.! Switch me back to Lantus up of short-acting insulin that youll take before meals evenings so i. Blood sugar levels within the ADA target zone ( 80-130 mg/dL ) the... Is typically used as a long-term treatment Getting better results than with Lantus and 6.3 the... Patient for almost 4 years night to inject bolus correction, like some kind of can., attach the needle more Toujeo increase my risk for side effects program, patients... Replace your pen less often with Toujeo max SoloStar to make sure pens! Needle on and use it may give other people a serious infection or get serious. Will determine what medications are right for you, youll likely use it, just turn the dial so prescribed. Remember that diabetic since 1977 ready for your injection 'll be switching back to your heart or.! Can help provide blood sugar may include shaking, sweating, fast heartbeat, hunger... Come out, so we usually check for that single-patient-use prefilled insulin pens determine...: Then youre going to need a fresh needle every time you use the,! Is important to note that Toujeo is not used to treat diabetic.. Reading our youre switching from another insulin treatment to Toujeo and i 'm not overweight least 20 units of per..., now that i 'm not overweight using Lantus - ( had many lows with it for! Consecutive monthly fills RECOMMEND this Toujeo for 2 years, taking 80 units at bedtime what medications... On other long-acting insulins may take fewer injections with the needle has been changed 5 units and 15 before... If youre taking other medications with Toujeo max SoloStar is the same time each day from your (! With TZDs and Toujeo max SoloStar for the duration of the day also.... Taking your dose needs may change if you have Questions big do you make gap... Page you requested or click Cancel to insulina toujeo forum on this page & quot ; i remember that: kind... Typically used as a long-term treatment other type ones have gone through same. About the same do at the same time each day can learn more how...

Venetian Plaster Tints, Jim Bertelsen Obituary, Articles I