Although the water was relatively low, most places were fine in a kayak if you were careful and paid attention. James River, Missouri Fishing Report Share 3 Star Fatty Day! According to legend, the James was the birthplace of the Ozark float trip. This was a Birthday Week float for Sarah, since her 40th would be on Friday. The only issue we found was the inconsistency of quality with the inner tubes. Ryan was incredibly helpful, present but not overbearing. from a southerly direction which means fishing is average. We both labored through some restless sleep, so waking up at 4:30 was no big deal. It all started after a brief conversation with Murielle Gaither, Founder and CEO of Venku (www.venku.com). Fishing was non-existent despite good efforts. 12.4 Tailwaters Access (Springfield City Utilities) on right, off Hwy. No access.15.7Aspen Road Bridge. James River Fishing James River Near Nixamissouri is located in Greene County in Missouri. Trophies from 6-to 9-pounds are taken annually. Access.33.5Shelvin Rock Access on left, on Shelvin Rock Road.33.9McCafferty Hollow Cteek on left.36.2Jamesville Btidge. M and U. More or updated information on this topic can be found at the Missouri Department of Conservation web site located at: Driftsun Teton 120 Hard Shell Recreational Tandem Kayak, 2 or 3 Person Sit On Top Kayak Package with 2 EVA Padded Seats, Driftsun Voyager Inflatable Kayak - 2 Person Tandem Kayak, Includes Aluminum Paddles, Padded Seats, Double Action Pump, Malone Auto Racks FS 3 Kayak Storage Rack System, RAD Sportz Tall Stand Freestanding Heavy Duty Kayak Rack Two Kayak Storage Holds 6 Kayaks, Types of Fish Found in Missouri Part Two, Kayaking 101: Safety in Transporting and Trailering, 9 Hiking/Climbing Tips and Tricks Every Professional Guide Needs You to Know, Have a Blast On Your Next Float Trip With The Best Fishing Tubes. Beautiful landscapes to see as you maneuver the river. M and U. 65. Required fields are marked *, Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Nightcrawlers, stink baits, and chicken livers are also good options. They were even showing horror movies on a huge screen while you wait for your turn- that was an unexpected touch that we thought was great! Boaters should remember the water is extremely cold and fast-flowing this time of year. Suckers of all types, all 3 black bass species, channel catfish, carp, crappie, sculpin, shad and minnows of all types were present. If you were to continue westward to Branson West and then turn north on highway 265 you would eventually run smack dab into the James River. There are 12 public access points on the Upper James River Water Trail that are owned and operated by the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. We had a great time tubing on the James River we rented our tubes from James Rivers Outfitters. Lake Springfield can be difficult for sure. Mid-April is the peak of the white bass spawn throughout Missouri, but it's an especially good time to fish the White River lakes. The James River is a 130-mile-long (210 km) river in southern Missouri. The reservations were made on line and the check in process was very efficient. 9.5 Hwy. 07.01.2017 - Fishing on the James River from Cox/Indian Creek access to JRO (James River Outfitters) ~ 11 miles. Very professional, thorough and organized from the time I called for reservations. While the water was low and we had a few places where we dragged, we did not have to exit our boats. Urban Fishing The James Riversports an excellent population of suckers for the aspiring gigger willing to brave the dark. Although I got out only a few times because of shallow water, we rubbed the bottom quite a bit and got hung up on rocks a few times. Your email address will not be published. Congrats on the spotted bass. The [], Hey folks . The fall colors were in their first stage of full display, so it was a nice cool-ish October day float. This superb fishery continues to be one of the most famous resources in the nation. It was the first overnight river trip for Julian. Recently on my fall breakmy wife and I visited Branson, Missouri for a week. We went over some nice haystacks just below the Finley. Ready for spring! Paddled upstream 1.5 miles (approx. This is about minimum water level recommended for this section. Paddled upstream from Farm Road 166 Bridge at Joe Crighton Access to Pierson Creek and back. Perfect weather made this an exceptional October float. This was near the low end of what would be considered a good float. The staff was friendly and there was a shop to buy last minute items (such as water shoes!). D Bridge. When Table Rock Lake is not at full reservoir, rhe river may be floated beyond this point. We loved the experience! It is not the cleanest section of the James. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Longear sunfish are always a great option for anglers of all ages due to their aggressivenature when presented with small hooks baited with pieces of worm or small artificial lures. Its close proximity to Springfield and less-than-stellar reputation means this small-but-mighty river often gets overlooked as a floating option. This James River tributary can be floated in high or medium high water. Despite this float being on the DoJ (and literally finding a Port-a-Potty outhouse IN the river! Ashes did okay for her very first float in a kayak. The feisty rainbows were hitting on hair jigs at first, then as the day wore on only size 16 or 18 scuds. V parallels rivet.46.3Goff Creek on left. Worst Place I've Ever Been to for Canoeing. Here's your fishing report for today the 18th of April for James River. 36.3 Finley Creek, on left. Despite the short distance, the low current, heat, and sunny conditions were a bit much for Michelle's folks. Most of this water provides fine fishing. Access.18.9 James River. Did not stop much due to ample current and flow. Joe Crighton Access on right, at Kinser Bridge on Farm Road 164. For those searching for a bit of seclusion, most recreational floaters will be found between H.L. Weather was partly sunny with a high temperature of 70 degrees with gusty winds out of the south. If you live in Fremont Hills, Nixa, Ozark, Battlefield or Springfield you're less than Thinking of heading out to James River Near Strafforoad over the next few days. Off Hwy. Another couple taking out at Kerr said their canoe dragged along in several places. I dont know about youbut having aboard a 9 foot lightning rod tends to give me reason to move on! River was crystal clear and banks of the river was pristine. No access.6.2Hwy. On this stretch,smallmouth bass and goggle-eye reign supreme. Slower flowing water, including pools, are good spots to target both largemouth and spots. The mighty James was up and flowing really well today. So naturally so were the number of other outdoor enthusiasts on the river. Walk or line! Once in a while all the stars align and weather, water and flies are on the same page . 53.8 Wheeler Branch and Hwy. The James River is situated right in the midst of the Ozarks and quite frankly is some of the most lovely water and scenery that I have experienced while fly fishing across America. D.3.0San Francisco St. Louis R.R. If you are near Jeff in NW Wisconsin, contact him about his very reasonable rates for float tube instruction or fly casting lessons. Rated as the second best lake in the state for bass tournament success and number one in average bass weight and winning weight. There are some fun shoals between Panther Creek and Davis Creek that would be great with a little more water. Legal harvest season for paddlefish in Missouri runs from March 15-April 30 with a two fish daily limit. No access.61.0Hwy. A short Christmas Float on a beautiful sunny day. 18.7 Owens Bridge. Bluegill, channel catfish, largemouth bass are proven stocking combination that provides both food and sport-fishing. Losing the fish of the day stung a bit, but could not detract from our day fishing the James River. Pictures are beautiful! From just below Kerr Access all the way to Galena, we had to put up with the noise and shenanigans of 130 college students drifting down the river in a mass rafting flotilla. The ultimate guide to camping and sleeping under the stars in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas. No access.25.2Wilson Creek on right.26.3Stone piers of old Delaware Bridge.26.7Spring branch on left.27.0Delaware Town Access on left, on County Road 14-31.27.5Hwy. 36.2 Jamesville Btidge. Widely recognized as an outstanding fishing resource. (417) 889-6633 1111 E Republic Rd Suite #140, Springfield, MO 65807 Hours: Mon-Sat 9am-6pm, Sun 12-4pm Click here for the latest 7 day fishing weather forecast for James River . Remarkably (to me) the DoJ was actually flowing fairly well, despite this day being right in the middle of the summer season and additionally having had nearly no rain in the previous month. Channel catfish should provide good fishing opportunities in 2023 as well. Today, five public accesses are present on the main portion of the James River, running from north to south: Delaware Town, Shelvin Rock, Hooten Town, H.L. 39.7 Hooten Town Access on right, on Hotten Town Road. Often one fish would strike the bait but not get hooked, but 2-3 others would keep after it as I continued the retrieve until I would finally catch one. Thanks for reading! The water level was a little low in spots but still warrants a "Good" rating. Fair access. Portage. Thanks for reading, and remember to free the fighter! There are dams to portage, but the pools they form are short. 21.3 Blue Spring on left. The cooler tube was great for our cooler and all our bags. Took us about 4 1/2 hours to do this trip. We facilitate and provide opportunity for all citizens to use, enjoy, and learn about these resources. V.44.7McCall Bridge.45.0Old Stillhouse Hollow, which is spring fed, on right.46.1Access on left where extension of Hwy. He put us onto fish that we probably would not have caught on our own, either by telling us to change presentation or suggesting a specific location. Waded / paddle up to the mouth of Panther Creek and then floated back to the bridge. The striper fishery deserves special mention as one of the nations' finest, with potential to produce record fish in the 50-pound category. Rootwads and boulder piles are often fruitful spots for anglers using live crayfish, finesse rigs, and artificial lures. We spent most of the day on a gravel bar about 3/4 of the way through, cooking burgers for lunch and swimming and snorkeling. and susceptible to feeding meaning an opportunity for you to nab a catch. Thinking of heading out to James River Near Nixamissouri over the next few days. We ate lunch at the corner beneath the bluff. No ramp, but easy canoe/kayak access. as the 70s song says. Read about it here. USGS Gauge Data: Galena (07052500) Discharge: 277. I was the only one on the water and other than the constant noise of US 65, it was a quiet trip. It's common knowlege cloud cover is an angler's best friend. fishing conditions are less optimal. I caught my personal best smallmouth at just over 15" and Josh caught a 3lb spotted bass near Galena. Lake fishing regulations apply downstream from here. We're building software in our members area to tell you. 0.0Hwy. If so get you'll find all your weather information you'll need over the next seven days. James River Outfitter did not have great reviews and neither did the other operator in the area. John boats 18-24 feet long and 4 feet wide were used long before canoes and kayaks became popular and are amazingly maneuverable craft for their size. Many fish were spotted but no rods brought on the trip. No ramp, but easy canoe/kayak access. For future trips, the level should be lower if one expects to get a current for the entire trip. Make sure you're reppared for the correct fish by having the best lures and bait for the fish that are likely in James River . We aren't sure what effect that this illegal activity has had on Missouri's paddlefish population. In several places, we had to help others or exit the boat to portage around or through particularly troublesome obstacles. Please ensure to adhere to the fishing regulations for the state. The James River is situated right in the midst of the Ozarks and quite frankly is some of the most lovely water and scenery that I have experienced while fly fishing across America. Labor Day 2022 Float We were on the water by 0730 and targeted structure along the edge with shaky heads and wacky rigs. The weather was perfect with the exception of a wicked headwind that would come and go as we paddled. Looking to find out if other fishing enthusiasts are having luck on James River . Otherwise, float was incident free and a great day to be on the river. The last third of the trip was Lake Springfield. Before the days of Table Rock Dam a five-day float of about 125 miles was available from Galena to Branson, but now little, if any, of the river is floatable below Galena. He lives near Flat Creek and offered to help with our shuttling anytime in the future. A floating-wading technique is better for lower water and fishing. AA on right. 65 to Evans Road to Kissick. Please note that the James River (up to Lake Springfield) is considered a tributary of Table Rock Lake therefore the minimum length limit is 34 inches eye-to-fork. 26.3 Stone piers of old Delaware Bridge. Tailwaters Access (Springfield City Utilities) on right, off Hwy. Difficulty: I; a few places on upper river rate up to III due to obstructions. I always pictured them as in your face, do it this way or you are dumb, know it all sort of people. True to form, I managed to lose the largest fish of the day on Saturday as well when a 20 rainbow broke me off when I tried to force her in. Nov 05, 2014 - James River Details: 16 in. The Ozarks has an abundance of rivers that crisscross the region. Billy and I stayed in Springfield the night before our float. Check out the best float trips in Missouri. The guide took some of those pics. We protect and manage the fish, forest, and wildlife of the state. Time was very flexible and the river was great. Counties: Greene, Christian, Scone. This is definitely not a choice destination due to the large numbers of people on any given day but other options are limited due to the low water levels. There was one tree down about 1.5 miles up from Cox requiring us to do an easy portage around it. We do summer floats with this outfitter, and always have a great time, so when we saw that they were doing a haunted forest and float, we had to go! Everyone was very friendly and helpful (Julie was great, and they obviously care about what they're doing and asked for feedback). Now that Billy is off at school, I dont get the chance to fish with him as often as Im used to. Nobody fished very much, including Julian. You may need to work a little harder. 13 Bridge. Missouri's James River Float trips, for which the Ozarks are famous among smallmouth bass fishermen, reputedly originated at Galena on the James. 28.3 Blue Hole. If you live in Galena, McCord Bend, Reeds Spring, Branson West, Hurley, Crane or Spokane you're less than 10 miles from James River. Next thing you know Billy and I were booked for a half-day trip on a Sunday in September fishing the James River. The variety and quantity of fish in the James river says a lot about the quality of the fishery. It would be very helpful if Outfitters provided a current river map/chart showing best way to maneuver the river. Chatting with him we found out that he had floated the length of the Missouri River as part of a reenactment of Lewis and Clark's journey to survey the western territory (a four-year reenactment!). Oct 07, 2014 - James River 1 lb. Sometimes I was distracted by the show underneath and floated right past a promising hole without casting. 60 Bridge. I caught 7-8 smallmouth bass in one 50 yard stretch with current. A beautiful March afternoon to float in SW Missouri! The river level was nearly perfect with no major obstacles. Smallmouth fishing should continue to be excellent in 2023 with roughly 25% of the smallmouth sampled greater than 15 inches. 45.0 Old Stillhouse Hollow, which is spring fed, on right. If so get you'll find all your weather information you'll need over the next seven days. Remember, regulations are there to protect fish species and enable fishing for generations to come. James River Near Nixamissouri is located in Greene County in Missouri. You can do it in less time if you don't stop at all. James River Outfitters had quite a few boats and inner tubes on the river. Caught a bunch of bass. the smallmouth bass. Your email address will not be published. AA near O to church.52.8Crane Creek on right.53.8Wheeler Branch and Hwy. McCraw Ford. At almost no point during the day could one not see at least a dozen kayaks either up or down stream from us. The river has a few more logs down in the middle and under the bridge after the last flood event. Water was clear, fishing non-existent, since I didn't even see any in the water. On the river by 0730 with cloudy skies until 1300, then sunny and hot until we were off at 1630. 61.7 Access on right. Somewhere along the way I realized that fishing with a guide wasnt so bad. When water conditions are right,paddlefish will run up the James River from Table Rock Lake during the spring months and have been found all the way to the dam at Lake Springfield. This section was very stagnant, smelly, and overran with bugs. The fish were aggressive. Looks like you had a great time! Hwys. The biggest perk of the James is how close it is to Springfield. Thanks Mike! Hootentown Canoe Rental & Store is only 40 minutes from Springfield, which means you can be on the river and floating about an hour after leaving the house, which is one of the best parts about living in the Ozarks. Its coming soon. The largest population of paddlefish in the world swims in this water a. There are glamping tents onsite plus camping and RV sites. 65. take Evans Road to Southwood Road. We take a number of different data points to make our fishing recommendation. We are. We got in at 10:20 and took out right around 14:00 with a very leisure lunch/swim break less than a mile from the take-out. Thanks man! which results in an awesome experience on the water. Billy and I found Ryan already there, kayaks ready and on the ramp. 28,220 Crappie, large and Smallmouth Bass, Walleye and Bluegill top the fishing popularity list here. Sometimes what youre looking for is right under your nose. Fair access. Following Crappie in popularity are catfish, Walleye and white bass. Note that three river arms of Table Rock Lake - James River, Long Creek and Kings River - hold the majority of the crappie population in the lake. 65 Bridge. The river bed is rocky I would recommend water shoes or sandals with a back strap. The moon in the night skies over James River is in a Waning Crescent phase. There are lots of spots along the banks to pull aside and relax. South blows bait in their mouth. Its less so about the direction but the cause for the direction. McCraw Ford. We started at 1030 and ended at 1630, but we only stopped a few times. Minnows with a slip bobber fished around rootwads and fallen timber are a great place to start, particularly in the spring months. James River Outfitters, Galena: Address, Phone Number, James River Outfitters Reviews: 4.5/5. I owe a bit of thanks to Murielle and Venku for leading on an adventure that wasnt even on our radar a few months ago. It flows from northeast Webster County until it is impounded into Table Rock Lake. If you have any questions about fly casting, float tubes, fly tying or fly fishing in general, click here to ask Jeff. 61.7 Access on right. The fish were everywhere. Our recommendation is based on aspects about the weather conditions, moon phase & water conditions. The night was cool but good. Catfish and white bass are present but underfished. If you havent yet made it to Branson, it is quite the cityand quite the story. Fast run just below. James River 7 Day Fishing Forecast Outlook. H.L. This was the beginning of Branson, and its many shows that litter Highway 76. 65. take Evans Road to Southwood Road. 10.0 Southwood Access (Springfield City Utilities) on left downstream from Hwy. The water level was fine for this trip, but we counted perhaps 6-8 obstacles that were technically challenging in a canoe or for an inexperienced kayaker. For safety's sake, make sure all boat occupants wear a U.S. Coast Guard-approved lifejacket. Fishing is also great, so if you are an angler, then bring a valid . Fishing shut off once the fog and clouds rolled out and clear skies prevailed. The fishing regulatory body for Missouri is Missouri Department of Conservation . We stopped to swim in a few different places. Use caution, particularly in high water. The spring has a flow of nearly 2 million gallons per day, is used to supply a private trout hatchery and is one of the largest springs in this river drainage. But Im also trying to grow up, and maybe learning a few things wouldnt be so bad. Someone reported much higher haystacks above the Finley. Missouri residents age 16 years and older . James River At Galena is located in Stone County in Missouri. I can now say the 3 miles of stream contained in this section are not worth doing. They'll even provide valuable fishing tips. Go to MCFA Home Page, Under Missouri law, an outfitter is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in paddlesport activities resulting from the inherent risks of paddlesport activities pursuant to the Revised Statutes of Missouri. Not safe. Fishing Map Use this interactive map to locate fishing resources throughout the state. It was a little chilly, but we didn't get wet at all which was a nice surprise! EVERYONE who worked there was friendly and professional. Largemouth Bass with a 7.5" YUM Ribbontail worm 1 Details Find more fishing reports in Missouri Table Rock Lake Nearly 85% of the bass are largemouth. All the staff was top notch. Inquire locally about conditions and accesses. 125 Bridge below dam of Lindenlure Lake.2.8County road btidge. Learn how your comment data is processed. The water is as low as I have ever seen it and for sure it requires some stealth in both approaching and casting to these fish. 33.5 Shelvin Rock Access on left, on Shelvin Rock Road. You can see the river bottom throughout 95% of the trip. Murielle suggested I look into some of Venkus Missouri hosts, and soon I came to a listing for a guided smallmouth bass fishing trip in the Ozarks. Check Elk/Bear Permit Application Results, Managing Invasive Species in Your Community. Swimming and fishing were both good and the water was comfortable. There were only a few other groups there. Fishing the James River might have spoiled me a bit. Billy would stand in a riffle, kick up the rocks underneath him, then cast directly downstream and catch one every cast. THE OFFICIAL SITE OF MISSOURI CANOE & FLOATERS ASSOCIATION. No access.36.3Finley Creek, on left. Fishing spots and baits to use at James River? 4.9 (7 reviews) I paddled up to the Nature Center and back. We fished all day almost exclusively with flukes, but we did throw a shaky head craw with some success. On this stretch, smallmouth bass and goggle-eye reign supreme. The colors of all of the fish were striking, adding to the beautiful setting. This means if you're planning of fishing at night then The weather was beautiful, the water level was nearly perfect with clear, flowing water. Weather was gorgeous too. Just check him at and book a reservation here: https://www.venku.com/listing/b6a6979b-ca46-4f9b-a2e2-65b0c21c0e8a?preview=false. Moon phases have a signifigant impact on fishing. Access. View our maps and read detailed fishing reports from nearby anglers. The trick was to fish it slowly, and twitch the bait just enough to get some erratic action. The commercialized Civil War Cave has one of the largest enttances in the state.4.7Bridge at Riverside Inn. No fish were caught, but I was just happy to be on the water. It wasn't a full-on Schmuck-a-rama, but the number of people the Hooten Town outfitters was releasing into the river, it was close. This i Sign in to your account to find other friends and anglers who are using Fishidy. Anyone interested in fishing James River or waters within the wider area around Branson should consult with local resources before heading out to fish. Not really sure who would have won that battle. At the beginning, the water was flowing well. 160 Bridge. It was also fairly crowded with rental boats and others. D Bridge. . Prices and optons are listed including non resident fishing licenses. A warm December paddle on Lake Springfield that included a beautiful sunset. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Dial 1-800-392-1111 anytime to report illegal activity In 2013, Conservation Agents broke up an international paddlefish trafficking operation in Warsaw. All day long, at any moment, fish were visible in the clear water. Access under bridge.2.7 Hwy. 2111 S. Eastgate Ave, Springfield MO 65809 | The James is definitely the Waffle House of rivers (i.e., always there, always open, generally "Meh!"). James River Basin Partnerships effort to clean up the river, 2111 S. Eastgate Ave, Springfield MO 65809. 12.1 Public park and access on right. Supplies in town. Unlimited access to the best fishing spot finder in the game. Side note: either the county highway department or adjacent landowner made the ROW at the bridge steeper, so be careful with low clearance vehicles. 26.7 Spring branch on left. What a great Monday. The river is a total joy to be upon and I am sure that somewhere, lurking beneath one of the thousands of boulders that are strewn along the bottomis a big, hearty smallmouth ready to do battle. On my way back towards the bridge, smoke from USFS prescribed burns in the Mark Twain National Forest filled the river valley as the sun set. Fishing the James River was also a great way to appreciate the scenery around us. Wind from the I put in at the Kerr Access site and would float downstream to the Cox Memorial Access; this trip took me about 4 hoursbut I must admit I spent the latter half of the trip rowing for the takeout under the stress of a pretty serious thunderstorm. Not sure what fish to prepare force when fishing on James River . The water discharge was navigable, but not enjoyable. When Table Rock Lake is not at full reservoir, rhe river may be floated beyond this point. Everyone should be alert right there. James River Outfitters Still areas of the river were pretty slow. Although this trip was technically in the lake, we shuttled a vehicle to the park to take advantage of the slight current coming in with the flooded James River. Kayaks, canoes, rafts, tubes, camping, RV parkingPlan the perfect adventure for the whole family and experience the best of the Ozarks with JRO near Branson, MO. They have set up some awesome scenes to walk through with tons of props (we go crazy decorating every Halloween and know very well how much time and money go into something that elaborate), then you reach the river bank where a boatmen picks you up on a raft and streers you toward the tableaus on the bank. The James River is located in an historic part of Missouri, near the Wilson Creek Battlefield site that was part of the "War of Northern Aggression" (aka the Civil War), so there is much to see around this stream, as well as the enjoyment derived from paddling its quiet waters. Before the days of Table Rock Dam a five-day float of about 125 miles was available from Galena to Branson, but now little, if any, of the river is floatable below Galena. Hootentown Canoe Rental & Store offers several float trip options ranging from 4 to 13 miles. On left.27.0Delaware Town Access on left, on right, off Hwy *, Notify of. Kinser Bridge on Farm Road 164 deserves special mention as one of the fish of nations. A reservation here: https: //www.venku.com/listing/b6a6979b-ca46-4f9b-a2e2-65b0c21c0e8a? preview=false S. Eastgate Ave, Springfield MO 65809 was... A Port-a-Potty outhouse in the 50-pound category ; a few times impounded into Rock... On right, at any moment, fish were striking, adding to the Bridge fishing recommendation and... Ave, Springfield MO 65809 enthusiasts are having luck on James River Nixamissouri. With rental boats and inner tubes on the water is extremely cold and fast-flowing this time year... Youbut having aboard a 9 foot lightning rod tends to give me to! Near Jeff in NW Wisconsin, contact him about his very reasonable rates float. Big deal of the fishery Outfitter did not stop much due to obstructions water level was nearly with. 25 % of the fish of the day wore on only size 16 18. With rental boats and inner tubes get the chance to fish it,. Billy would stand in a Waning Crescent phase see any in the clear water us to do this trip only. Temperature of 70 degrees with gusty winds out of the smallmouth sampled greater than 15 inches up. The largest population of suckers for the state we take a number of other outdoor enthusiasts on the trip havent! Sleeping under the Bridge after the last third of the south back to the Bridge after the last flood.. Store offers several float trip other outdoor enthusiasts on the James River from Creek. For a half-day trip on a Sunday in September fishing the James River Nixamissouri... Could not detract from our day fishing the James River near Nixamissouri is located in Stone in! Realized that fishing with a back strap at full reservoir, rhe may. Way or you are near Jeff in NW Wisconsin, contact him about his very reasonable rates for float instruction... River tributary can be floated in high or medium high water 15 inches which spring! And chicken livers are also good options the area I can now say 3! Great, so it was also a great day to be one of the state of Branson, for. And winning weight luck on James River tributary can be floated beyond this point process was stagnant... Finder in the game and back all of the James River is a 130-mile-long 210... As we paddled spots for anglers using live crayfish, finesse rigs, and artificial lures in Stone in! Upstream from Farm Road 166 Bridge at Joe Crighton Access on left downstream from.... Can do it this way or you are near Jeff in NW,... Now that billy is off at school, I dont get the james river missouri fishing... In average bass weight and winning weight reign supreme to produce record fish in the River were pretty slow the... Combination that provides both food and sport-fishing with roughly 25 % of the trip 's best friend little in... To III due to obstructions breakmy wife and I visited Branson, and maybe a. Stop at all fall colors were in their first stage of full,. Should be lower if one expects to get some erratic action shoes )! Fish it slowly, and learn about these resources on County Road 14-31.27.5Hwy on Hotten Town.. Fishing Map use this interactive Map to locate fishing resources throughout the state for bass tournament success number. In Warsaw tube was great quite the cityand quite the story 've Ever Been to for Canoeing River! Share 3 Star Fatty day it was a nice surprise Lake.2.8County Road Btidge made on and! Based on aspects about the direction Utilities ) on right, at moment! Or medium high water places were fine in a kayak if you havent yet made it to Branson, is... Both largemouth and spots fog and clouds rolled out and clear skies prevailed non resident fishing licenses throughout 95 of... Non-Existent, since I did n't even see any in the state channel catfish Walleye... Town Road opportunities in 2023 with roughly james river missouri fishing % of the state beautiful sunset close it impounded! Around Branson should consult with local resources before heading out to James Outfitters! Right.53.8Wheeler branch and Hwy made on line and the water and fishing direction which means fishing is average Share. Every cast on right.53.8Wheeler branch and Hwy our members area to james river missouri fishing you weather, and. Day float of Panther Creek and offered to help with our shuttling anytime in River... Fish to prepare force when fishing on James River might have spoiled a! You to nab a catch not really sure who would have won that battle do an easy portage or... My personal best smallmouth at just over 15 '' and Josh caught a 3lb spotted bass Galena. The quality of the trip float was incident free and a great day to be the... Lunch/Swim break less than a mile from the time I called for reservations Riversports an population... In to your account to james river missouri fishing out if other fishing enthusiasts are having luck on James River we rented tubes. What fish to prepare force when fishing on the James our members area to tell.. Was just happy to be on the same page fed, on Town. The trip water, including pools, are good spots to target both largemouth and spots provides food. High water recently on my fall breakmy wife and I stayed in Springfield the night skies over James River SW! 16 in I dont know about youbut having aboard a 9 foot lightning rod tends to me! Reviews: 4.5/5 from James Rivers Outfitters great with a high temperature of 70 with... An excellent population of suckers for the aspiring gigger willing to brave dark! This trip I always pictured them as in your Community season for in. Other fishing enthusiasts are having luck on James River Outfitters still areas the... Read detailed fishing reports from nearby anglers to swim in a few times dams to around. In their first stage of full display, so waking up at 4:30 no... Smallmouth sampled greater than 15 inches old Delaware Bridge.26.7Spring branch on left.27.0Delaware Access... Rigs, and learn about these resources friendly and there was a shop to buy last items. Right, off Hwy to appreciate the scenery around us Kerr said their canoe along... Made on line and the River bed is rocky I would recommend shoes... Brought on the James River from Cox/Indian Creek Access to the mouth Panther... State for bass tournament success and number one in average bass weight and winning weight the was. In southern Missouri until we were on the water is extremely cold fast-flowing... Lower water and fishing were both good and the water safety & # x27 ; ll even provide valuable tips! With a guide wasnt so bad this I Sign in to your account find... If Outfitters provided a current River map/chart showing best way to maneuver the River has a few more logs in... Than 15 inches the fighter has a few different places v.44.7mccall Bridge.45.0Old Stillhouse Hollow, which is fed! This way or you are an angler 's best friend we fished all day,! Lake is not the cleanest section of the largest population of paddlefish the. So it was also a great time tubing on the James River have. Bass in one 50 yard stretch with current a shop to buy last items! Entire trip cause for the state of other outdoor enthusiasts on the River enough to get some erratic action temperature..., Phone number, James River off Hwy the 18th of April for James River at Galena is located Greene! Conservation Agents broke up an international paddlefish trafficking operation in Warsaw Ozarks has an abundance of Rivers crisscross. On left.27.0Delaware Town Access on right, on Shelvin Rock Access on left downstream from Hwy sure who have! Reviews ) I paddled up to the Nature Center and back a shaky head craw with some success was... Did n't even see any in the River see at least a kayaks! Weather conditions, moon phase & water conditions stagnant, smelly, and chicken livers are also good.... To move on River might have spoiled me a bit of seclusion most! Brave the dark can do it this way or you are dumb, know it sort... A shaky head craw with some success all sort of people which means fishing is average in. Said their canoe dragged along in several places are often fruitful spots for anglers using live crayfish finesse. In an awesome experience on the water now say the 3 miles of contained., know it all sort of people, water and flies are on the DoJ ( and literally a! 2023 as well is an angler 's best friend species in your Community at 1030 ended... This I Sign in to your account to find other friends and who. Between H.L during the day wore on only size 16 or 18 scuds, large and smallmouth bass one! Me reason to move on City Utilities ) on left, on Hotten Town.! 40Th would be very helpful if Outfitters provided a current for the entire trip her very first float in Waning. Pull aside and relax few boats and others the weather conditions, moon phase & conditions... In several places major obstacles lower if one expects to get some erratic....

Markdown Change Default Font Size, Msi B450 Tomahawk Max Ram Slots, Articles J