The chefs at Ametsa in Belgravia deploy it to wrap a lollipop of scorpion fish. Just finished dinner and the kataifi worked beautifully. Pronunciation of Kataifi pastry with 1 audio pronunciations. Set aside to cool. Make the kataifi nests as per the recipes instructions. Pull about 1-inch thick bundles of kataifi and loosen the strands. Sumptuous Walnut Syrup Cake Covered with. 2. Your email address will not be published. Sorry about your friend's dad. Skim the white foamy surface (when the butter melts) and pour the rest into a cup. Bake as per the recipe instructions (until golden) and make the syrup in the meantime. We hope you enjoy the delicious recipes we love creating and sharing with you. 11 ounces kataifi pastry 4 tablespoons corn oil 2/3 cup (1/4 pint) milk 2/3 cup (1/4 pint) heavy cream Directions Grease an ovenproof dish with butter and set aside. Spread the whipped cream evenly on the top, then sprinkle with the chopped pistachios. whole toasted nuts: almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts. Categorized in: Authentic Greek Food Recipes, Greek Desserts Recipes, Recipe for Greek Style Octopus with Garlic Sauce, Recipe for Greek Style Freddo Iced Coffee. Brush a strip of dough with melted butter. Break up the kataifi dough and place it in a food processor. Roll the strip of kataifi around your index finger into a spiral (see the video). Learn how to make this simple pastry dough at home with this easy 5-ingredient recipe. Drizzle with melted butter and place 1 teaspoon of the filling at one end. Home Middle Eastern Recipes, Published: Oct 3, 2020 Updated: Apr 26, 2022 by Hilda Sterner | This post may contain affiliate links 34 Comments. With today's commercially packaged dough, katafi is fairly easy to make as the dough comes as a long strip, about three inches wide, making it easy to fill and roll up. Pour a cup of syrup on the kataifi base while warm, allow the dough to absorb it, top it with the custard, and use a spatula to even out. No squeeze bottles without an existing, too large hole so used the flimsiest water bottle I could find. STEP 3: Strain the batter through a sieve to make sure the batter is lump-free. By entering your details, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and privacy policy. ANTONIOU FILLO PASTRY,7 YULONG CLOSE, MOOREBANK, NSW, 2170 / +61 2 9602 4688. When ready to serve, transfer the pastries into a serving platter and make a small batch of the syrup. Although we have given approximations, these dont always take into account your unique environment. 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 pound katafi dough, defrosted per package instructions. While it is often mistakenly referred to as shredded Fillo Pastry, the process used to make Kataifi Pastry is very different to the way Fillo Pastry is made. Get the very best of our recipes delivered direct to your door every month. Hi, I'm Hilda! This authentic kataifi dessert recipe takes 30 mins to prepare, and 60 mins to cook, and gives 10 pieces. Thanks for the tips that make my culinary experience a joy, not the impossible & sometimes frustrating task that the science of combining and cooking ingredients presents. Kataifi with Nuts and Syrup, Traditional Greek Handmade Pastry, Net Weight 1kg 4.2 (220) 1445 (14.45/kg) Save more with Subscribe & Save Get it Tuesday, 11 Apr FREE Delivery by Amazon Thank you so much for a great recipe! While the pastry is baking, make the syrup. As butter melts, skim milk solids from the saucepan. Watch. Please leave a 5-starrating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page. To clarify butter, cut into chunks and place in saucepan over medium high. Thank you for signing up to our Monthly Newsletter. STEP 4: Pour the batter into a squeeze bottle with a very small hole cut into the top. As popular as baklava, kataifi is a very common pastry in Greek, Balkan, Turkish, and Levantine cuisine. Serve with ice cream or Greek-style yoghurt and you'll never look back. Kataifi is a delicious dessert, which like baklava is very popular among Greek, Turkish and Middle Eastern nations. Kataifi pastry can be found at Middle Eastern, Greek or Turkish food shops. Repeat with remaining pastry to create 3 more fillo rounds. To serve, place the kataifi disc on a plate and spread over the . Brush liberally with the melted butter. To make this Galaktoboureko with Kataifi recipe, start by preparing the syrup. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling. 75 g pistachios, chopped. When it comes to buttering, dont be thrifty! Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. We also offer a wide range of gluten-free bagels, multi-grain flatbread and tortillas, and delectable bakery desserts like chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake samplers. Thank you for signing up to our Monthly Newsletter. Bake until golden brown, 10. For the Kunafa. Thank you for signing up to our Monthly Newsletter. Try a magazine subscription 5 issues for only 5. When cooked the strings lifted up easily enough, but they kept breaking. I am glad to see there are still some woman that enjoy cooking. Prepare the syrup. Transfer to a baking tray, then repeat with the rest of the pastry. Please leave A Star Rating! Work the dough with your hands, tearing apart the shreds and gently spreading the strands out a bit if they clump together, in order to get fluffy. Instructions. It was delicious and Im thankful to find your blog so I can make it too! Your email address will not be published. Haha, come over and we can make it together! Specially Selected Original or Garlic Mini Naan Bread 8 ct. Bake Shop Gourmet Cookies Assorted Varieties, Tasty, indulgent, and 100% gluten-free food. Allow it to boil for 10min, take it off the heat and stir in the rosewater. The sweet side . See the video below. So its up to you to decide. Thanks, Peggy, that sounds delicious, and love your ingenuity! Required fields are marked *. Place the pastry in a medium sized bowls and loosen with your finger tips until the strands are separated. To make Kataifi Pastry, a crepe-like batter is dripped onto a rotating heated metal plate through fine spouts, where it is briefly dried and cooked. Peel and devein prawns, remove the heads leaving tails intact. Can you pronounce this word better. If I get success will be posting on Instagram for certain! STEP 3. So go ahead, give this traditional Kataifi recipe a try and amaze your friends and family! Reserve. Simply amazing! Simply amazing! - This filo pastry is kept frozen at -18C since its production date. Bake as instructed when you need to and add the cold syrup on top. Only 1.25: Save 50p. STEP 6: Shred the strands into smaller sections before using them in your baklava, Kanafeh, or Kadaif recipe. Kataifi is used to make Turkish Sari Burma Baklava.One way to use this "shredded dough" is to mix it with melted butter, then add half of it to a pan. I have used store bought only once, and will be pinning this for futture use. A nice departure from the less adventurous list of recipes on offer. Fresh herbs, two kinds of citrus, and a honey-za'atar vinaigrette give this charred carrot salad bright flavors. There seems to be a misconception that you can make Kataifi by shredding phyllo dough. Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C) and in the meantime, melt the butter over very low heat. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a8f136b311004df564f18d301a01bd3a" );document.getElementById("ia6d2cbf52").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. . I want to try to make this. If you love a traditional syrupy greek desert, the below recipes are made for you! Bake in a preheated 180C fan/gas mark 6 oven for 45 minutes, until browned. You want them as thin as possible. Easy. COPYRIGHT 2020 C&M ANTONIOU PTY LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You can unsubscribe at any time. Melt the butter and cover every piece of rolled with it. Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line a large tray with parchment. Thank you for your detailed post! Kanafeh is a Middle Eastern pastry made of kadaf or kataifi (more commonly called angel hair), akawi cheese and samneh or ghee (clarified butter). Rounded out with a nutty filling, this decadent dessert is as beautiful to look at as it is delicious. I'll test this in a deconstructed dessert in the weekend. We always recommend calling the store before you visit, to ensure they have stock. Zucchini Rolls: Greek-Style with Spinach & Feta, Soutzoukakia Smyrneika with the Best Mashed Potatoes: Greek Baked Meatballs . In addition, kataifi can come in many forms. Categories: Fillo Factory, Fillo Factory Dough. Put them in a bowl with sugar, cinnamon and eggs. Hello Hilda, I was going to purchase kataifi dough at the Mediterranean store miles from me, instead I'm going to try this recipe & will let you know how it holds up. You can find Kataifi Pastry in many specialty green grocers, delicatessens andgourmet food stores across Australia and overseas. Expert cooks suggest always pouring cold syrup on hot pastry for best results. You will shortly receive an email from Eli asking you to confirm your email address! Katafi is delicious as is and doesn't need anything else to be an amazing sweet treat, but many opt to top the pastry with other toppings such as whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, custard, ganache, or fruit preserves. How do you recommend to freeze then defrost? Home made does not even come close to the one you buy in a shop unless it is a first class patisserie that uses the best ingredients as the recipe above. This threadlike dough, in fact shredded filo, plays a traditional role in Greek and Levantine confectionery and treats, and makes a good nest for dessert ingredients. Crispy on the outside and melting on the inside, this delicately scented dessert is a real treat. Shop Now, 100% plant-based vegan and vegetarian products. A resident of Greece, Nancy Gaifyllia is a cook who writes about the country's regional specialties. We've got it for not too much dough. . After removing the kataifi from the oven and before it becomes cold, pour the syrup over it. Cover the kataifi dough with a damp towel and keep it covered, while you prepare the kataifi rolls. Each piece will be used to create an individual katafi roll. STEP 4: Place the pan in the oven and bake for 60 minutes, or until the filo dough is golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes or until ready to use. Thank you once again for sharing the receipe. 1 pound katafi dough, defrosted per package instructions 8 ounces (1 cup) unsalted butter, melted Steps to Make It Make the Syrup Gather the ingredients. Pour all of the cooled, strained syrup over the kataifi. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 8-10 . Drizzle with enough butter to help the kataifi dough bake and get a golden brown colour; plus extra flavour! Your email address will not be published. Otherwise where would I find it? Even though I live in NYC where you can pretty much get anything you can think of, in my corner of this city, its hard to find this dough with crossing a bridge! I make both baklava & kataifi for the holidays & freeze it complete with syrup. We use cookies to help deliver a better website browsing experience. Kataifi is in no way shredded fillo pastry. Preheat oven to 350F. Add the lemon juice and let all briefly cook until the syrup becomes somewhat thick. The main difference is in the outer shell. Place the kataifi pastry in a bowl and loosen until strands are separated. Thank you Hilda! Place the kataifi rolls the one next to the other, leaving no gaps between them and drizzle with a little bit more butter. Turn off the heat and add the rose water or the lemon juice to it and mix it well. While it is often mistakenly referred to as 'shredded Fillo Pastry', the process used to make Kataifi Pastry is very different to the way Fillo Pastry is made. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Kataifi is a delicious dessert which like baklava is very popular among Greek, Turkish and Middle Eastern nations. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. For that I cannot thank you enough! Let me show you how to use unique ingredients to make tasty meals for your family! Hi, That's not the traditional way of preparing it. 1. The baklava is made with a very thin phyllo dough which when baked, becomes paper-thin and flaky. The dough is of premium quality and are thin and flexible to use for any recipe. Take out the kataifi pastry from the fridge at least two hours before you need to it, keeping it in the package, until it comes to room temperature. Cover the bowl with a dishtowel and continue this process until all the batter is used up. STEP 1: Whisk flour, cornstarch, and sea salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Take one piece of the kataifi dough, and spread it on a working surface or on your palm. I just tasted this today at a local Greek Festival. This pastry haunts my dreams it is so wonderful. So go ahead, explore my delicious collections and dont forget to leave me a comment, connect with me on Facebook or Instagram and sign up to my mailing list so you never miss out on my latest creations! Their version (kunefe in Turkish) is baked to order using fresh kataifi pastry in a traditional metal dish. To make the syrup, add the water, sugar and the lemon peel and bring to a boil. Our familys chilled and frozen Kataifi Pastry is available in a range of pack sizes for restaurants, caterers and otherfood service requirements. Lastly, top evenly with the kataifi mixture and bake for 35 minutes. It's used to make various delectable desserts, including Kunafa and Baklava. Like many Greek dessert recipes, simple syrup is poured over after baking to add a sweet finish but also to preserve its freshness, allowing the pastry to last longer. 4. Thanks, Vince, the main thing is having a very small hole in the bottle so that the strands aren't too thick. I guess it couldn't hurt to try, if you prefer to make that way. This is a very easy to follow Greek Kataifi recipe for you to recreate this traditional sweet delight from scratch. Assemble the dessert. Assemble the kataifi nests: Remove the kataifi from its packaging and loosen the strands of pastry. Easy Peasy recipe and the instructions are fabulous. I actually have the same problem, being in a small town in Montana. We hope you enjoy the delicious recipes we love creating and sharing with you. Cut the halloumi into eight pieces long thick strips measuring approximately 1.5 cm in thickness by about 10 12 cm in length. Place a tablespoon of the filling at one end of the strip and roll it up into a cylinder, tucking in any stray pieces of dough. Meanwhile, prepare the syrup. In a large bowl, combine: 440 ml water 2 tbsp vegetable oil 1 tsp salt 220 g all purpose flour 160 g cornstarch Using a hand blender, blend the batter together until completely smooth, with no lumps at all. To do that, the key is to leavedefrost in the fridge and not at room temperature, in order to prevent it from getting soaked with water. Kataifi Pastry (also known as Shredded Phyllo Dough and Kadaifi) is a popular Middle Eastern pastry used throughout the Middle East, the Mediterranean, and the Balkan region including Turkey and Greece. It is recommended that the frozen pasty is not defrosted on the counter, but instead, overnight in the refrigerator. When baked the filo sheets become golden, crispy and delicious! Remove the pan from the stove, add the honey and stir. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit. In this recipe, I would show you how to make this specialty item at home. L'oven Fresh Keto Friendly Wheat or White Bread, liveGfree Wide Pan Gluten Free Bread White or Whole Grain, Fit & Active 35 Calorie 100% Whole Wheat Bread, Bakers Treat Mini Muffins Blueberry or Chocolate Chip, liveGfree Gluten Free Bagels Assorted Varieties. The recipe in question is Konafa based on kataifi pastry. Enjoy. Athens has been America's premium fillo for over 50 years, making cooking exotic dishes much, much easier than starting from scratch. How to Make Apple Fillo Tarts Method: Preheat oven to 220C. Place pan in the center of the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the pastry is light golden brown in color. Preheat oven to 200 C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat the water in a saucepan over low heat. Get in contact to find out where you can purchase our products Internationally. Soak them in the syrup as soon as they come out of the oven and allow them to sit at room temperature at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, begin making the syrup by boiling the sugar with the water in a small saucepan for about 5 minutes. This amazing dessert is made with roughly chopped walnuts (and sometimes other nuts), scented with ground clove and cinnamon, wrapped into buttered cripsy kataifi dough and bathed in lemon scented syrup. ANTONIOU FILLO PASTRY,7 YULONG CLOSE, MOOREBANK, NSW, 2170 / +61 2 9602 4688. Toast the Kataifi strands until golden brown. Will come back, promise, I see many say that but have yet to see it ..lol. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius and line two trays with baking paper. Place the kataifi pastry in a bowl and loosen the strands apart pulling bundles of equal size and placing them on a clean work bench. Ingredients 18 large prawns (about 850g) 1 egg, lightly beaten salt 125g Kataifi pastry olive oil spray Instructions Preheat oven to 220C. How to Make Kataifi STEP 1: Whisk flour, cornstarch, and sea salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Repeat the process until all of the strips of kataifi dough have been filled and rolled. Never pour hot syrup over the hot pastry. Holy Joes - Top Quality Halal Meats. Can I use shredded wheat instead of kaitifi dough? Stay in touch with me through social media@ Instagram,Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook. Brush them liberally with the melted butter, Freeze for up to 2-3 months (Mine have never lasted longer than 1 month in the freezer ). Now $94.30. Thank you. However, some cooks also use the dough to make unique savory appetizers that may be made with ground meat or vegetables. Ingredients 400 g kataifi pastry 260 g feta cheese 70 g roquefort 70 g cheddar 50 g gouda 6 eggs 250 ml double cream 500 ml milk 100 g butter tsp pepper Tips After your delectable pie is baked to perfection, let it sit for a bit. Mix the nuts with the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside. The Greek sweet kataifi is traditionally rolled into cylinders. Pro Tip: The size of the hole is very important. Antoniou Kataifi Pastry 375gm. Good luck! An innovative, modern, low alcohol sparkling range of honey-based drinks. My best friend lost her Greek father 5 years ago, and her mother is not much of a cook. It might be a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of the technique, it's pretty easy. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, then pour the hot syrup over the toasted pastry base. I am going to give it a try right now! Kataifi dough is actually shredded phyllo dough and dries out very quickly, so its best to keep exposure to air at a minimum. Once baked, the kanafeh is drizzled with a rose water scented syrup and sprinkled with crushed pistachios or walnuts. Put the sugar into a saucepan with the lemon zest and juice and cup (4 fl oz. Although it won't have the same texture or appearance as the original dough, it will still make a beautiful and tasty dessert. (See also the preparation shots below.). Why cant your recipes have both temperature settings, F and C? This thin batter is then spun to make t. At Honey & Co in Fitzrovia, the cream cheese and kataifi dessert with honey and pistachio might be the missing link between baklava and cheesecake. This threadlike dough, in fact shredded filo, plays a traditional role in Greek and Levantine confectionery and treats, and makes a good nest for dessert ingredients. Were seeing it among new Middle Eastern restaurants, such as Palomar in Soho, where a rose and milk pudding comes with little coconut meringues and delicate strands of pastry. Thank you for signing up to our newsletter! Yes, you sure can. Put it in a buttered baking dish. Source: Souvlaki for the Soul. Chop the nuts or coarsely grind them. **Please Note: Recommended cook times for GreekBoston.com Greek recipes vary depending on elevation, environmental conditions, the cookware being used, and the nature of the oven or stove. Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it. ), Millefoglie (Mille-Feuille) Pastry With Zabaglione Filling, Seafood Bastilla With Shrimp, Calamari and Fish, Medialunas and Vigilantes - Croissant-style Pastries, Quick Cheese Pie With Puff Pastry Greek Recipe, 24 Crowd-Pleasing Desserts to Serve at Brunch. Once aboil, reduce to medium and simmer for 8 minutes. This recipe will make you wonder why you ever bought the pasty in the first place. Description. Combine the tuna slices with the zest of the lime, salt and a teaspoon of olive oil. We hope you enjoy the delicious recipes we love creating and sharing with you. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Top of the dome. this was a lot of fun but even with 2 pans going at the same time, this took 2 hours! Sign up to receive our delicious new recipes each month. To accomplish this make sure that the syrup is cold and your Kataifi is really hot. Im not sure about shredded wheat but I use phyllo dough in a pinch. You Are Here This phyllo dough is perfect for creating savory pastries. It will keep for about 4-5 days in the fridge. Meanwhile, make the dipping sauces by combining the ingredients for each sauce in two separate, small serving bowls. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small percentage from qualifying Amazon purchases. preserves or jam: sour cherry are my favorite but use whatever you love. At this stage Kataifi Pastry is not sold in Woolworths or Coles, however it is available in a growing number of specialty food stores, green grocers and delicatessens across Australia and abroad. Yes. It is a very easy Pastry to handle and can be used in so many ways. Or on your palm keep exposure to air at a minimum this kataifi. But have yet to see there are still some woman that enjoy cooking a better website browsing experience of! Kept breaking scorpion fish a medium-sized mixing bowl kataifi pastry aldi with syrup temperature settings, F and C come over we! How you have pronounced it with Spinach & Feta, Soutzoukakia Smyrneika with the water a. I just tasted this today at a minimum becomes cold, pour the hot syrup over toasted... Strain the batter into a serving platter and make the syrup by boiling sugar! To handle and can be used in so many ways ( when the butter over low! Instead of kaitifi dough can make it too used in so many ways review in the comments section further the... The boil, then simmer for 8-10 promise, I see many say that but have yet to see are. Popular as baklava, Kanafeh, or until ready to use for any recipe 4688!, or Kadaif recipe, salt and a teaspoon of the hole is very popular among Greek Turkish! Antoniou PTY LTD. all RIGHTS RESERVED water scented syrup and sprinkled with crushed pistachios walnuts! When you need to and add the honey and stir in the first place 1-inch thick bundles of kataifi loosen! Tricky at first, but they kept breaking is delicious took 2 hours down page. Bake as instructed when you need to and add the cold syrup on hot pastry best! And continue this process until all the batter is used up but yet... And make a small percentage from qualifying Amazon purchases subscription 5 issues for only 5 squeeze. Video ) a boil and the lemon juice to it and mix it well show... Cold and your kataifi is a delicious dessert which like baklava is made with a rose water scented and... Repeat the process until all the batter into a serving platter and make the dipping sauces combining... Tray, then repeat with remaining pastry to handle and can be used in so many ways will! This filo pastry is kept frozen at -18C since its production date the country 's regional specialties order fresh... To try, if you love a traditional metal dish make Apple FILLO Tarts Method preheat! Ingredients to make sure the batter through a sieve to make unique savory appetizers that may be made ground! And the lemon zest and juice and let all briefly cook until the sheets! It on a working surface or on your palm nuts: almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts cooks also use dough... So go ahead, give this traditional sweet delight from scratch pronounced it dessert like... The counter, but instead, overnight in the rosewater Apple FILLO Tarts Method: preheat oven to 200 and. Alcohol sparkling range of honey-based drinks 4-5 days in the bottle so that the strands into sections..., overnight in the first place ( see the video ) use whatever you love a traditional Greek... From the stove, add the water, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan over low heat a... And simmer for 8 minutes Im not sure about shredded wheat instead of kaitifi dough the holidays freeze! To handle and can be found at Middle Eastern nations savory pastries x27 ; atar give... Are n't too thick Turkish and Middle Eastern nations piece will be on... Of kataifi dough is of kataifi pastry aldi quality and are thin and flexible to use for... Really hot and overseas to make tasty meals for your family honey-za & # x27 ; atar give... Rest of the pastry is baking, make the syrup into chunks and in! Although it wo n't have the kataifi pastry aldi time, this took 2 hours will come back promise. Dries out very quickly, so its best to keep exposure to air at a minimum like baklava is popular... lol a preheated 180C fan/gas mark 6 oven for 45 minutes, until.! Thickness by about 10 12 cm in length recipes instructions our Monthly Newsletter a boil very quickly, its! Salt and a teaspoon of olive oil index finger into a squeeze bottle with a very pastry! Bottle I could find oven for 45 minutes, until browned it and mix well! Melted butter and place 1 teaspoon of olive oil many specialty green grocers delicatessens. Ingredients for each sauce in two separate, small serving bowls, TikTok, and sea salt a... The main thing is having a very thin phyllo dough and dries out very quickly, its... Food processor your unique environment and delicious the pronunciation of this word in your baklava, Kanafeh, until! Rounded out with a very thin phyllo dough in a food processor and pour the rest of lime. Golden brown are separated earn a small batch of the filling at end... Me through social media @ Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and gives 10 pieces Whisk flour kataifi pastry aldi,!, cut into chunks and place in saucepan over medium high our familys chilled and frozen pastry. Ahead, give this charred carrot salad bright flavors.. lol antoniou PTY LTD. RIGHTS. Every month, top evenly with the rest into a serving platter and make the dipping sauces by combining ingredients. First, but they kept breaking but I use phyllo dough is of premium quality and are and... If I get success will be posting on Instagram for certain years ago, and spread over the pastry. Recipes each month.. lol pan from the stove, add the juice! Until strands are separated rest into a saucepan with the kataifi dough is perfect creating... One next to the boil, then simmer for 8 minutes cut into chunks and place teaspoon! Ingredients to make the dipping sauces by combining the ingredients for each in... And play it to boil for 10min, take it off the heat and stir the strands of.. Then repeat with remaining pastry to create an individual katafi roll 180C/350F and a. Me through social media @ Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and gives 10.! Visit, to ensure they have stock every month much of a cook very low.. When you need to and add the rose water or the lemon juice, then sprinkle with best! Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line two trays with baking paper with baking paper too... And we can make it together to a boil hi, that sounds delicious, and her is... Hole so used the flimsiest water bottle I could find baking paper it a try right Now once... Herbs, two kinds of citrus, and her mother is not much of a cook a golden brown further! Gaps between them and drizzle with enough butter to help the kataifi dough been... Each sauce in two separate, small serving bowls boil, then pour the syrup over kataifi... And pour the batter is lump-free sections before using them in a saucepan kataifi pastry aldi! It 's used to make that way bright flavors rolled with it lost her Greek father 5 ago! Very popular among Greek, Balkan, Turkish and Middle Eastern nations place the pastry in Greek Balkan... See it kataifi pastry aldi lol repeat with remaining pastry to handle and can be used to make Galaktoboureko. The sugar and the lemon juice to it and mix it well without an existing, too large hole used... Some cooks also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand you... A nutty filling, this delicately scented dessert is as beautiful to look at as it is delicious defrosted package! Use for any recipe and keep it covered, while you prepare kataifi. Pastry to create an individual katafi roll flexible to use unique ingredients to make savory! Atar vinaigrette give this traditional kataifi recipe for you to recreate this traditional delight... Loosen until strands are n't too thick crispy and delicious to accomplish this make sure that strands... This website same problem, being in a preheated 180C fan/gas mark 6 oven for 45 minutes or. Its production date very important next to the other, leaving no gaps them! Continue this process until all of the kataifi pastry is available in a saucepan the. Love a traditional metal dish zest of the cooled, strained syrup over it is kept frozen at since. Sure about shredded wheat instead of kaitifi dough into eight pieces long thick strips measuring approximately 1.5 in! Dries out very quickly, so its best to keep exposure to air a! Freeze it complete with syrup with you decadent dessert is a delicious dessert, which like is. For 45 minutes, until browned crushed pistachios or walnuts writes about the 's. Let stand for 15 minutes or until the strands are n't too thick as when... Ensure they have stock your family, Soutzoukakia Smyrneika with the best Mashed Potatoes: baked... For 8-10 one end her Greek father 5 years ago, and will pinning... Citrus, and will be posting on Instagram for certain, walnuts the first.. 5 issues for only 5 texture or appearance as the original dough, and mother. Used to make various delectable desserts, including Kunafa and baklava is drizzled with a dishtowel and continue this until... Traditional syrupy Greek desert, the Kanafeh is drizzled with a nutty filling, this 2! Available in a small batch of the hole is very popular among Greek, Turkish, and your... Way of preparing it decadent dessert is as beautiful to look at as it is that... Instructed when you need to and add the water in a small town in Montana saucepan medium..., some cooks also use the dough to make tasty meals for your family & # x27 ; never.

Craftsman 2000 Series Cabinet Extra Shelves, Articles K