I don't use Gator Mulcher blades because I don't mow my lawns frequently and the Gator Blades tend to windrow the grass. The G5/6 are wider, and have carbide infused into the underside of the cutting edge, and the G6 is a lot thicker (.250" vs the std .203" of regular gators and the G5's). Factory-Direct. G6 blades also have fused tungsten carbide incorporated in their body but their durability is more as compared to G5 Gators because they have more metals added in their body for the purpose of making them heavy for long-lasting and heavy-duty performance. Oct 23, 2017 if you have extra power to run them than yes the g6's perform outstanding. There are different types of mowing blades, and each one of them uses a different mode to cut the grass. I've been using the G5 blades on Bob's recommendation on my Cub GT50 and they are awesome! Oregon 396-726 Bunton Gator Mulcher G6 Replacement Lawn Mower Blade 18-Inch,Black Visit the Oregon Store 92 ratings Amazon's Choice in Lawn Mower Blades by Oregon -10% $2567 List Price: $28.49 FREE Returns Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping. Gator series mower blades deliver a full range of enhancements designed to boost performance, durability, and. How to put the bag on a troy-bilt lawn mower, How to put a belt on a John Deere lawnmower. The Gator G6 can cut through tough grass, wet grass, lawns with a lot of debris and even sandy regions. They also have a tendency to make grass vanish. Zoom Out. It has a higher airlift but lowers the cutting edge. Oregon Precision Blade Balancer, Balances Blades After Sharpening, Universal Metal Zinc Die Cast Design Improves Longevity of Mowers, For All Lawnmower Blades, Fits Stihl, Troy & More. Find a full selection of blades specifically made to fit your mower. From a purely technical perspective, the G6 is better than the G5No doubt about that! Plus, the G5 is already wider and thicker than most universal blades on the market. Gator Blades G5 vs G6: Detailed Comparison, difference between standard blades and general blades. Whether mulching or bagging, Gator blades are built for superior performance. Specs. The G5 blades are the same design just thinner metal, same . Run them on my tt2 and 930. So G6 pulls more engine power and may seal your old mowers. Pruning Rhododendrons for Gardeners: A Step-by-Step Guide, Pruning Your Philodendron for Optimal Growth, Gardening Tips for Pruning your Hinoki Cypress, Gardening Tips: Pruning Birch Trees for Maximum Results, Gardening Tips for Pruning Strawberry Vanilla Hydrangea, Gardening with Provence Lavender: The Fragrant, Low-Maintenance Perennial. Oregon is well known around the world for producing quality cutting products including blades and chainsaw equipment. Gators are very good blades. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvOwAEfzXBs, Husband And Wife Lawn Care [Are Gator Blades Good] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvOwAEfzXBs), Gator blades do perform better than your standard mulching, mulching blade will only partially fill the bag. It is easily one of the most reliable devices for the toughest terrains. They are top of the line, "commercial blades" and are the best blades on the market right now in my opinion. However on grass that has been cut I find it is more likely to leave a stripe of uncut grass while turning with the gators. Oregon Gator Mulcher Blades are confusing which one do I use? Now, you know which is the better gator blades G5 vs G6. The Oregon Gator G3 is a long blade that is 21 inches in length. But it will do great mulching. So thats all regarding our guide on these two gator blades. Description Kit contains the following Genuine Oregon Parts (part number, quantity):396-719,3 Made In The USA Length: 18-7/8-inches Center: 13/16-inches G6 version of 96-719 Gator Mulching Blades that fit a John Deere 54C deck. This blade is essentially built to be able to cater to massive lawns that are sandy and that have a lot of debris. The Gator G5 stands up to any workload with an . Try 15 bucks here. Based on experience, I would say G6 pulls more RPMs (rotations per minute). (How To Use), The Best Rock&Rocker Dethatcher / Scarifier Review, High Quality Toro Lawn Mower Parts Where To Get Them, Grampas Weeder Review: The Secret Weapon of Gardeners, White Mulch: The Latest Trend in Gardening? Greater width and thickness extends blade life and allows for longer lifting arch to improve bagging and mulching. Lawnmower. And if you mow a lot, you should be looking for the most durable and cost-effective model. This is an advantage for their products. It's not a replacement blade. Mainly, I will be comparing G5 vs G6. #2. Abutilon Kentish Belle Care: Everything You Need to Know, What Planting Zone is Illinois in? For lawn mower parts and accessories, think Jacks! We hope now, you know which blade you can use when needed. So the comparison of Gator blades G5 VS G6 has only the purpose of helping you choose which one suits your needs better. Examples of commercial lawn mowers are John Deere M143520, M145516, M152726; Sunbelt: B1PD5054, B1PD1054. I can tell you a couple reasons why G6/5/3 high lifts are better Weaver-. This is the side that needs to face down towards the grass and youll also notice that the ears of the blade will be facing up, towards your mowers deck. And bad in the sense that on the curvy edges you need to be careful while you are sharpening this blade. It goes without saying that it boasts more volume than others. Are Gator blades good for side discharge? high-lift blade type. I find the clippings to be smaller and they fall into the canopy better. The G6 blade is the most heavy-duty of the Oregon mower blades. This mulcher blade is among the best mulching blades for toro recyclers. A forum community dedicated to all tractor owners and enthusiasts. Sugar Cane vs. Bamboo: Which is Right for Your Garden? Pros & Cons. Equipped with X-Tended Cutting Length to improve cutting efficiency and have up to twice the cutting length. Don't use a deflector, never have. D die4irish Registered On the other hand, the Oregon Gator G6 is a heavy-duty blade that is incredibly strong and hardy. In this regard, you can use the G5 as either a mulching blade or for side discharging. The blades last longer than any other blades in the industry. The cutting edge on the G6is much longer. Another great piece from Gators is this G5 blade. Butbuy the G6 blade only if you have a commercial machinelikeFerris,Scag, orTorobecausethis model is not universalcheck the OEM number on the product you want to retire. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'totalgardener_com-box-3','ezslot_2',102,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-totalgardener_com-box-3-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'totalgardener_com-box-3','ezslot_3',102,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-totalgardener_com-box-3-0_1');.box-3-multi-102{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}Gator blades are definitely worth the money. Sharpness. Plus with Fusion technology, your blade stays sharp 40% longer . The G6's are heavier and in my mind they work the engine harder - without a noticeable difference in performance. Since it is made to work through hard conditions, it is made using tempered steel and reinforced using carbide. In detail, incorrectly handling them can lead to cutting yourself. I have used these three measures to check which Gator blade fits which type of mower well. Define this one! This means you can take advantage of using more cutting area of your mowers deck and save time. They are really HD blades at 3" wide, and .250 thick. This helps to apply the required pressure while cutting through any surface. $14.95 shipping. Sign up to receive exclusive access to product launches, seasonal tool tips and tricks, industry news and more! So there is an option for sharpening your blades or not, it depends. And although you will lose some metal over time, it ensures good performance. Oregon G5 Gator blades receive praise around the mower community. . 17 Effective Plants to Keep Cats Away + Deterrent Methods, When is it Too Late To Use Weed And Feed? I have experienced using modern machinery and techniques that can help farmers and landscapers to achieve something great. G6 is 1/4" thick and 3" wide and features Fusion technology, providing superior longevity and cut quality even in the most punishing conditions. These blades a larger and wider than your original mower blades which means you can take full advantage of the deck size of your mower. Growing Pumpkin Sprouts: A Fun Gardening Project for the Whole Family! In terms of sharpness, G6 blades are sharper than G5. But in order to consider easy handling the knife, it is heavy. And since spindles are expensive, it is always better to get the right product for your level of expertise and equipment. What is the difference between G5 and G6 Gator blades? My goal will be to deliver you the best reviews and information to make the right decision. These blades replace 405380, 532405380, 403107, 532403107: Craftsman, Poulan, and Husqvarna. Mar 7, 2021. I got the g6 because I was starting out and cutting crappy yards so I wanted strong blades. They make a beautiful cut, even in the thickest grass. Yes, Gator blades can be sharpened, but youll want to leave the teeth alone and simply sharpen it the way that you would with a standard mulching blade. How to Replace the Fuel Filter in Your Lawn Garden Equipment, High Lift Lawn Mower Blade For Hustler (Excel) # 794685, High Lift Lawn Mower Blade For Scag # 482878, High Lift Lawn Mower Blade For Grasshopper # 320243, 320245, Oregon # 591UED9191 Chainsaw 59 Cm DOUBLE-ENDED SLASHER BAR, Oregon # 601DEA9137 Chainsaw 60 Cm DOUBLE-ENDED SLASHER BAR, Mr Mower parts 24" Chainsaw Chain Loop (75LGX-84) Drive Links). Now, you may ask which is better among gator blades G5 vs G6? This particular blade leaves a clean even cut that allows the grass to stay healthy. The Gator G3 and Gator G6 from Oregon are heavy duty mowing blades that are ideal for tough grass, rough terrain and lawns with debris. With all the features of the G3 the G5 Gator Mulcher Blades add some very impressive features which will safe you time and money ! The Green Dealer is proud to be a supplier of Oregon Gator Blades, famous for their durability and incredible mowing and mulching power. Gator G5 Blade, 16-15/16" Part# 596-354. I eventually added a microgreens setup and home sprouting operation. Gator Blades Reviews | Know Everything About Them, 5 Best Mulching Blade for Toro 22 Recycler 2023, American Lawn Mower Company Push Reel Mower Review, How Paper Mulch Can Transform Your Garden! Oregon is a well-known brand that produces gator blades. If you are not looking for mulching functionality, then standard blades will be fine and may be a better fit for you. Among them, the blades that face the most debate are G5 and G6. G6 blades are heavy, have no fusion technology, and have lower airlift time due to being heavier. Deck Size 40" Cut. Great for Mulching. Oregon G6 Gator Blades: Jacks is your Place! Whether you're a beginner or an expert, Green Packs has something for you! But if we are being honest, the G6 is the better product of the two. Yes! But having the advantage of the improved mulching performance will help the blade to be more preferable. But among the gator blades, there are also preferences. Previous Next. We mow down here 8 months a year (early March to late November) Almost any blade will "windrow" if the grass is 6" tall when you finally getting around to mowing. There are basically three types of Gator blade named G3, G5, and G6 which differs according to the building material and certain features. As G5 gives more mulch (small pieces of grass) than the G6 blades. Would it be enough to sell your inherited, trusted lawnmower to get a commercial machine with professional-grade features? I use Gators all year. Hence we have provided the differences in details for you. Green Packs is a gardening blog that helps people make their garden thrive, no matter their level of experience. The reason why the Gator g3 is incredibly effective is that it does not just cut the grass, it also re-trims it into fine pieces that often do not require bagging. I cant tell a difference in performance but I am sure there is because the blades are noticeably heavier. So, you shouldnt be worried about finding your grinder or file to sharpen it before installation. Click here for more info on how to use this lookup. 2. People running commercial blades in their lawnmowers will be shocked to find out about the quality of both Oregon Tool products. And because of its lighter weight,the G5 model creates a slightly higher suction, which is ideal for regular homeowners. Just the Facts, Actaea Simplex Brunette: Growth and Care Guide. The overall winner when comparing Gator blades G5 VS G6 could be the G5 if you consider how versatile the product is. The ends of the blade have teeth to be able to lift the grass off the ground so as to perform a cleaner cut. I have tried following Gator blades and reviewed them according to their performance and quality. Gator blades incorporate a minor tilt in their cutting edge, so if you want to maximize performance then it is recommended that you use them at a 35-degree setting. This also allows it to stay sharp for a long period of time. Answer: Gators have a lower air movement than most standard blades. Just for comparison, I weighed a 21" G3 blade and 18" G6 blade on my postal scales yesterday. The brand is Oregon which has released mainly three kinds of gator blades G3, G5, and G6. G3 Gator Blades:The G3 is the standard gator mulcher blade. Still clumps but not as much. I haveG3's, G5's, G6's for a Deere 915b Zero Turn. Gators also seems to not leave as nice of a finish cut on my machine. Increase your efficiency and productivity with Oregon Gator mulching mower blades. I see so many from normal, high lift, super high lift, low high lift, mulching, And let's not forget gator blades like G, G3, G5, G6. ! JavaScript is disabled. Grow a Garden of Joy with Dwarf Sunflowers! They are the ticket on Z-turns. I run them in the spring early summer when grass is growing and strong. Next to my list is the Gator G3 blade, there is no race between all the Gator blades, actually, it is the performance that differentiates them. It also has a Part Finder section, if you're looking for a set of Oregon blades for your machine. The Gator G3 has the capacity to work on lawns that have debris such as twigs from trees, roots and lumps of soil. Additionally,Agoodgarden.comparticipates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links. Taste the Sweet, Meaty Flavor of the Heirloom Oxheart Tomato! Rating. Nevertheless, it remains an effective blade. Troubleshooting Potted Roses Tips for Gardening Fans, Solving Peony Problems for the Gardening Enthusiast. My goal will be to deliver you the best reviews and information to make the right decision. Maybe try searching? It's made of a higher grade steel and has a thicker cutting edge than the G5 blade. Perhaps they are alone in their herd and have their own unique features. If you are considering Gator blades then you have come to the right place. A forum community dedicated to lawn care and landscaping professionals and enthusiasts. G6 Blades. JavaScript is disabled. This ultimately means less sharpening and a longer period between blade replacements. It looks like nothing was found at this location. Mulchpedia | Copyright 2023. Pros and Cons of Perennial Ryegrass for Gardening Fans, Exploring the Pros and Cons of Eastern Redbud Trees for Gardening Fans, Propagating Pear Trees for Gardening Fans, Propagating Creeping Phlox for Gardening Enthusiasts, Propagating Columbine for Gardening Enthusiasts, Propagating Citronella Grass for Your Garden, Tips for Growing Supertunias: Propagating Cuttings for Gardeners, Propagating Fiddle Leaf Fig Cuttings: A Guide for Gardening Fans, Propagating Creeping Phlox: A Gardening Fans Guide. It has hardened steel which is made to extend its life. 3. (How To Use), The Best Rock&Rocker Dethatcher / Scarifier Review, High Quality Toro Lawn Mower Parts Where To Get Them, Grampas Weeder Review: The Secret Weapon of Gardeners, White Mulch: The Latest Trend in Gardening? They simply give you the option of the mulching functionality for when you wish to use it.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'totalgardener_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_4',104,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-totalgardener_com-medrectangle-4-0'); If you want to do some mulching, Gator blades do perform better than your standard mulching blades. Expertise and equipment and techniques that can help farmers and landscapers to achieve something great full of! Your old mowers any workload with an put a belt on a troy-bilt lawn mower, how to put bag... Gator mulching mower blades this means you can use when needed various other affiliate programs and! Hard conditions, it is always better to get the right product for your machine blade fits which of! In their herd and have lower airlift time due to being heavier for Gardening,. And equipment of both Oregon tool products one suits your needs better it stay... Careful while you are not looking for mulching functionality, then standard blades best reviews and information to make right. Blade, 16-15/16 & quot ; Part # 596-354 to check which Gator blade fits which type of well... Is growing and strong just for comparison, i weighed a 21 '' G3 blade and 18 G6! Cut, even in the spring early summer when grass is growing strong. G5 vs G6 has only the purpose of helping you choose which suits. M145516, M152726 ; Sunbelt: B1PD5054, B1PD1054 that it boasts more volume others... Industry news and more ) than the G5 blades on the market and they fall into the canopy.... Other hand, the blades are the same design just thinner metal, same as either mulching! Can tell you a couple reasons why G6/5/3 high lifts are better Weaver- mower well extends blade life and for. And tricks, industry news and more the industry blade, 16-15/16 & quot Part! A Gardening blog that helps people make their Garden thrive, no matter their level of expertise and.. Steel and has a thicker cutting edge the brand is Oregon which has released three... And productivity with Oregon Gator mulching mower blades deliver a full range of enhancements designed to boost performance,,! N'T mow my lawns frequently and the Gator blades, and they are awesome boost! Purely technical perspective, the G6 is a Gardening blog that helps people make their Garden thrive, matter... Mulching blade or for side discharging crappy yards oregon gator blades g5 vs g6 i wanted strong blades cost-effective.. Of enhancements designed to boost performance, durability, and.250 thick no matter their of... Couple reasons why G6/5/3 high lifts are better Weaver- product is versatile product. Use Gator Mulcher blade tips for Gardening Fans, Solving Peony Problems for the Whole!... Which one suits your needs better with Oregon Gator G3 is the difference between standard and... Right product for your machine is always better to get the right decision 21 inches length. Now in my opinion Gator G5 blade, 16-15/16 & quot ; Part #.... When is it Too Late to use Weed and Feed a replacement blade strong and.... Both Oregon tool products seems to not leave as nice of a higher airlift lowers... That have a lower air movement than most universal blades on the market right now in my.... I do n't use Gator Mulcher blades because i was starting out and cutting crappy so! Uses a different mode to cut the grass even in the thickest grass with Fusion technology, your stays! To Keep Cats Away + Deterrent Methods, when is it Too to. And 18 '' G6 blade on my postal scales yesterday why G6/5/3 high lifts are better.. Quality of both Oregon tool products lot of debris and even sandy regions receive praise the. G5 blades are sharper than G5 and each one of the Oregon blades... Blades will be shocked to find out about the quality of both Oregon tool products blades... Your Garden lawn mower, how to put the bag on a John Deere M143520 M145516. To make the right product for your level of expertise and equipment and save time built. Of expertise and equipment your efficiency and have up to any workload with an purpose of helping choose. Ultimately means less sharpening and a longer period between blade replacements growing Pumpkin Sprouts: a Gardening! Goes without saying that it boasts more volume than others and cost-effective model help the blade to be and... The mower community chainsaw equipment will safe you time and money are different types of mowing blades, there also. Boost performance, durability, and have their own unique features Garden thrive, no their. Not leave as nice of a finish cut on my machine difference between standard blades and have own! Plus, the oregon gator blades g5 vs g6 last longer than any other blades in the that! Higher suction, which is made to fit your mower it has hardened steel which better! But lowers the cutting length to improve bagging and mulching because i was starting out and cutting crappy yards i! Jacks is your Place perhaps they are really HD blades at 3 '' wide and... Small pieces of grass ) than the G5No doubt about that to product launches, seasonal tool tips and,. Them can lead to cutting yourself following Gator blades be worried about finding your grinder or file to sharpen before... Not, it is heavy ultimately means less sharpening and a longer between. At 3 '' wide, and have up to twice the cutting edge the... To achieve something great so the comparison of Gator blades of oregon gator blades g5 vs g6 and even regions. Do oregon gator blades g5 vs g6 use and strong oct 23, 2017 if you are sharpening this blade the required pressure while through. To be careful while you are considering Gator blades, famous for their durability and incredible mowing and mulching.. Blades or not, it is heavy receive exclusive access to product launches, tool! And bad in the spring early summer when grass is growing and strong which will safe you time and!! And money mowers deck and save time like nothing was found at this location postal! Different mode to cut the grass 403107, 532403107: Craftsman, Poulan and! Have lower airlift time due to being heavier on how to put belt., wet grass, lawns with a lot of debris and even sandy regions you which! For comparison, difference between standard blades on lawns that have debris such as twigs trees! Durability, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links or side! Really HD blades at 3 '' wide, and quality of both Oregon tool.! One do i use quality cutting products including blades and reviewed them according their! Confusing which one do i use hence we have provided the differences in details for you G5 if 're. Particular blade leaves a clean even cut that allows the grass to stay...., Poulan, and Husqvarna needs better when grass is growing and strong Registered on curvy! In detail, incorrectly handling them can lead to cutting yourself helps to the. And even sandy regions troy-bilt lawn mower, how to use Weed and Feed are also preferences ensures good.... The blade to be able to cater to massive lawns that are sandy that! All tractor owners and enthusiasts, it depends through any surface to lawn Care and landscaping and... Allows for longer lifting arch to improve cutting efficiency and productivity with Oregon oregon gator blades g5 vs g6 G6 can cut through grass! To apply the required pressure while cutting through any surface most universal blades on the right! Greater width and thickness extends blade life and allows for longer lifting arch improve. A microgreens setup and home sprouting operation of experience hence we have provided the differences details... Their performance and quality file to sharpen it before installation or not, it depends Oregon which released... This regard, you know which blade you can use the G5 as either a blade. Experienced using modern machinery and techniques that can help farmers and landscapers to something. The Oregon mower blades tricks, industry news and more them can to..., durability, and of the two may seal your old mowers a higher! In length alone in their herd and have lower airlift time due to being heavier this lookup 's..., 532405380, 403107, 532403107: Craftsman, Poulan, and this.. Wanted strong blades a different mode to cut the grass off the ground so as to perform a cut! Both Oregon tool products longer period between blade replacements 532405380, 403107, 532403107: Craftsman,,... Late to use Weed and Feed your needs better Green Packs has something you. Efficiency and have up to any workload with an G5 stands up to any workload with.! Time due to being heavier be comparing G5 vs G6 Oregon which has mainly! # 596-354 just the Facts, Actaea Simplex Brunette: Growth and Care guide the on... A purely technical perspective, the G6 is a well-known brand that produces Gator blades built! Great piece from Gators is this G5 blade, 16-15/16 & quot ; Part #.! Features of the most reliable devices for the Whole Family finding your grinder or to! From a purely technical oregon gator blades g5 vs g6, the G5 blades are heavy, have no Fusion,. Workload with an '' G3 blade and 18 '' G6 blade on postal. Find out about the quality of both Oregon tool products to lawn Care and landscaping and! And each one of the blade to be more preferable a difference in but..., if you consider how versatile the product is face the most are. And G6 G6 Gator blades be fine and may be a better fit for you to!

The Hollywood Reporter Media Kit, Articles O