He was 23 years old. The GCU Antelopes team website states that Oscar's sister, Andrea Moore, and a friend also passed in the accident. Who is Georgia Rep. Park Cannon and why was she arrested? Frayer, 23, his older sister Andrea Moore, and a friend died in the crash, the Antelopes athletics department said. One officer has been released from hospital while the condition of other officer is unknown. Heres when the deadline is for all counties. Heres what it could mean for California. THANK YOU LOPE NATION for the last 5 years..its been nothing less than amazing..from President Mueller, to our coaching staff, to my brothers who I compete with everyday..its love FOREVER. IE 11 is not supported. The accident also killed Oakland-raised Grand Canyon University basketball star Oscar Frayer, 23, and his sister, Andrea Moore, 28, just days after the Moreau Catholic-Hayward graduate played. The three occupants in other car were pronounced dead on scene. Little information is available on Andrea, as further details of the tragic accident have not yet been released. Bei der Nutzung unserer Websites und Apps verwenden wir, unsere Websites und Apps fr Sie bereitzustellen, Nutzer zu authentifizieren, Sicherheitsmanahmen anzuwenden und Spam und Missbrauch zu verhindern, und, Ihre Nutzung unserer Websites und Apps zu messen, personalisierte Werbung und Inhalte auf der Grundlage von Interessenprofilen anzuzeigen, die Effektivitt von personalisierten Anzeigen und Inhalten zu messen, sowie, unsere Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu entwickeln und zu verbessern. He . Just days ago, on March 20, Oscar scored eight points in the team's game against Iowa in the first round of the 2021 NCAA Basketball Tournament. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. No other details about the situation were provided by the program. Grand Canyon forward Oscar Frayer died in a car accident Tuesday, three days after the first and last NCAA tournament game of his five-year college basketball career. The SUV then hit a tree, before bursting into ferocious flames. ", 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Shocking images show the damage to the California Highway Patrol Vehicle after Oscar Frayer's vehicle rear-ended it, Oscar Frayer, Andrea Moore, and a third unidentified passenger were pronounced dead at the scene of the horror smash. The threeoccupants in other car were pronounced dead on scene. Two officers were assisting a stranded vehicle onInterstate 5 near Lodi, when the siblings' car crashed into the back of their patrol vehicle at around 2.30am. Our thoughts and prayers are with all his family and friends during this horrific time. The accident also killed Oakland-raised Grand Canyon University basketball star Oscar Frayer, 23, and his sister, Andrea Moore, 28, just days after the Moreau Catholic-Hayward graduate played in his first NCAA Tournament. You completed your degree, won a championship, played in the NCAA Tournament and most importantly 11 days earlier raised your hand to rededicate your life to Christ. Third victim identified in crash that killed basketball player Oscar Frayer, Oakland native Oscar Frayer dies days after playing in first NCAA Tournament, New cold front heads to Bay Area. This CHP vehicle had been stopped at the side of the road when it was struck by an SUV whose three occupants died in the fiery crash near Lodi. Frayer's father, "Big Oscar," died in a crash when the younger Frayer was 7. 6-keys: media/spln/collegebasketball/reg/free/stories, By pressing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the. Frayer, who made the all-defensive team for the Western Athletic Conference as a sophomore, owns the school record for blocks in the Division I era. On Saturday, Frayer, a senior, tied a season-high with five assists and three blocks while adding eight points and three rebounds. 4 Gone.". Following the game, he thanked the teams fans and school for his time at Grand Canyon. He was 23. "We love. All 3 passengers in the SUV -- which included Frayer's older sister, Andrea Moore -- tragically died. Grand Canyon basketball player Oscar Frayer has died. Oscar Frayer and his sister, Andrea Moore, were close, friends say. Grand Canyon University basketball player Oscar Frayer, who appeared in the teams NCAA Tournament game last week, died Tuesday in a car accident that also claimed the lives of his older sister and a friend, the school said. We love the Bringmann family and are grieving with you. Oscar tweeted after the game. Oscar Frayer died in a car accident in northern California at around 2.30am on Tuesday morning. Oscar Frayer and his sister Andrea Moore were involved in a horror smash, just days after he showed off his skills at an NCAA tournament in Indianapolis, Indiana. After logging a career-high 30 starts as a junior, Frayer was academically ineligible in the 2019-2020 season. Grand Canyon forward Oscar Frayer scored 8 points in his final game, which came against Iowa in the NCAA tournament in Indianapolis, Indiana, on Saturday. Grand Canyon senior Oscar Frayer died early Tuesday morning in a car accident near Lodi, Calif., three days after he started for the Antelopes in their first-ever NCAA tournament game. "Off the court, he will be remembered for his infectious smile, energetic spirit and caring soul that made him one of the most well-liked students on campus.". The deadly collision took place inLodi, California. The Lopes ultimately fell in the tournaments first round, losing to No. A cold front will move across Northern California on Monday, spreading rain chances as far south as the Bay Area. The Lopes lost to the Hawkeyes 86-74. The university also released a statement on Oscar's passing this week. Frayer and two other passengers were traveling on I-5 SB south of Walnut Grove Rd. It was three days after he played in the NCAA tournament pic.twitter.com/nyXkSe5rWj, Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 26, 2021. "THANK YOU LOPE NATION for the last 5 years..it's been nothing less than amazing..from President Mueller, to our coaching staff, to my brothers who I compete with everyday..it's love FOREVER. He was 23 years old. On the court, Oscar was known as the High Flyer and will be remembered for his soaring dunks, tenacious defense and game-changing blocked shots, a statement from GCU read. Frayer's vehicle hit a tree and became engulfed in flames. Bringmann studied at Pima Community College in Arizona, where she played on their volleyball team, according to the Pima athletic departments website. While Iowa went on to defeat GCU with a score of 86-74, Oscar had three blocks and five assists in the game. While Iowa went on to defeat GCU with a score of 86-74, Oscar had three blocks and five assists in the game. Grand Canyon head coach Bryce Drew mourned his death in a Twitter statement. His father passed away in a car accident when he was just 7. After the game, Frayer tweeted, I bleed purple FOREVER!!!! On the court, Oscar was known as the High Flyer and will be remembered for his soaring dunks, tenacious defense and game-changing blocked shots, the university said in a statement. Oscar Frayer just played last weekend in the NCAA Tournament against Iowa. Frayer -- a senior this year -- is regarded as one of "the most accomplished players" in GCU basketball history, according to school officials and the team mourned his death in a lengthy statement released Thursday night. I agree to receive the "CBS Sports HQ Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. Were in Asian Americas peak media moment. Fly high, High Flyer. Frayer was a senior at Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Arizona. The Lopes announced late Thursday night that the basketball star, his sister and a friend were killed Tuesday in a car accident in California. Tributes for Frayer began pouring in after news of his shocking death surfaced: John Chaney, Hall of Fame Temple University Basketball Coach, Dead at 89, NBA Reporter Sekou Smith Dead at 48 From COVID-19 Complications, Longtime Georgetown Coach John Thompson Dead at 78. 30 Oscar. "On the court, Oscar was known as the High Flyer and will be remembered for his soaring dunks, tenacious defense and game-changing blocked shots," the university said in a statement. Grand Canyon Antelopes forward Oscar Frayer attempts to block shot during a first-round game against the Iowa Hawkeyes. On Tuesday morning, the promising 23-year old forward lost his life in a car accident along with two . A redshirt senior from Oakland, California, Frayer was the son of Oscar Frayer and Bionca Sparrow. All rights reserved. 2023 E! "He was the heartbeat of our team with his vibrant, energetic personality," Grand Canyon coach Bryce Drew said in a statement released by the university. He has seen every episode of Saved by the Bell at least 50 times, longs to perfect the crane kick from The Karate Kid and performs stand-up comedy, while also cheering on the New York Yankees and New York Giants. The 6-foot-6 senior was born in Oakland, California, and graduated fromMoreau Catholic High School in the East Bay. David Kadlubowski. Days after leading his college team to its first men's N.C.A.A. The elder Oscar Frayer died in a car accident when young Oscar was 7, according to a story on the athletics department website. He was 23 years old. "We love O . Rare COVID symptom reported as latest omicron subvariant hits the U.S. El Nio is predicted to return. section: | slug: grand-canyon-senior-oscar-frayer-dies-in-car-crash-just-days-after-playing-in-ncaa-tournament | sport: collegebasketball | route: article_single.us | Bringmanns high school volleyball team in Alaska posted a statement about her death earlier this week: Its with a heavy heart to report that we lost a Dimond volleyball alumni yesterday. All three were pronounced dead at the scene of the horrific accident. https://t.co/AdwESUXOOj, Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) March 26, 2021. Frayer graduated from Moreau Catholic High School in. A third passenger, reportedly believed to be Oscar's girlfriend, was also in the vehicle. Dead at 89 . Frayer averaged 6.6 points per game this season and 8 points per game in his collegiate career. According to California Highway Patrol, the accident happened on 1-5 Southbound north of Walnut Grove. All Rights Reserved. 9:23 pm ET. "I am so thankful I was able to coach you and spend this year with you. But Frayer returned this season under new coach Bryce Drew on a mission to "make up for it," he said last fall, adding that he did not want to give up on his support system that believed in him. Frayer was one of three people riding inside of an SUV at around 2:30 AM Tuesday in Lodi, Calif. when California Highway Patrol officials said it veered off the road and slammed into a CHP patrol vehicle. school officials confirmed. "Off the court, he will be remembered for his infectious smile, energetic spirit and caring soul that made him one of the most well-liked students on campus.". Grand Canyon University is mourning the loss of basketball player Oscar Frayer. Suffered Ankle Injury Before Coachella 2023 EHM PRODUCTIONS,INC. Weitere Informationen ber die Verwendung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie. All three victims causes of death are pending. CHP tells E! A GoFundMe account has been set up in their names. GCU announced his death. Sie knnen Ihre Einstellungen jederzeit ndern, indem Sie auf unseren Websites und Apps auf den Link Datenschutz-Dashboard klicken. Frayer supposedly passed on from wounds upheld in the disaster on Tuesday. The Oakland, California, native had earned his degree in communications and was scheduled to attend a graduation ceremony in April. "We love O," head coach Bryce Drew said in a statement. Frayer, No. I cannot put into words the hurt and sadness we all feel, but we know he is in heaven and that gives us great joy to know we will be together again.". Who was Oscar Frayers sister Andrea Moore? Grand Canyon University hoops star Oscar Frayer -- who scored 8 points in his team's NCAA Tournament game Saturday -- died in a car crash Tuesday school officials confirmed. He was just 23. "It is with great sorrow and a heavy heart that we share the news that Grand Canyon University student and basketball player Oscar Frayer was one of three individuals who died in an auto. This was Grand Canyons first mens NCAA tournament appearance. The last 3 weeks were the happiest I had ever seen you. ". But he had the opportunity to return for the Lopes to play one final season, starting 24 games, and graduating with a degree in communications. Frayer's father Oscar, who suffered from sleep apnea, died in a car crash after falling asleep at the wheel, according to an article on GCU's website. I cannot put into words the hurt and sadness we all feel, but we know he is in heaven and that gives us great joy to know we will be together again.. "I bleed purple FOREVER!!!!" "THANK YOU LOPE NATION for the last 5 years..it's been nothing less than amazing..from President Mueller, to our coaching staff, to my brothers who I compete with everyday..it's love FOREVER. It resulted in him starting all 24 games in the 2020-2021 season while helping guide the team to its first-ever NCAA Tournament appearance at the Division I level. News the vehicle hit a parked patrol car and two officers were injured. appreciated. Your effort and contribution in providing this feedback is much Entertainment Television, LLC A Division of NBCUniversal. Wenn Sie Ihre Auswahl anpassen mchten, klicken Sie auf Datenschutzeinstellungen verwalten. "He was the heartbeat of our team with his vibrant, energetic personality. 4 Gone. Grand Canyon University is mourning the loss of basketball playerOscar Frayer. He should have been preparing for many more years of great basketball and a life full of happiness. Drew Weisholtz is a reporter for TODAY Digital, focusing on pop culture, nostalgia and trending stories. Grand Canyon University forward Oscar Frayer died in a car crash Tuesday at age 23. "I cannot put into words the hurt and sadness we all feel, but we know he is in heaven and that gives us great joy to know we will be together again.". The Grand Canyon basketball family has suffered a tragic loss. Grand Canyon, seeded 15th in the NCAA tournament, lost to No. By subscribing, I agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, 2023 EHM PRODUCTIONS,INC. CHP tells E! Grand Canyon University is mourning the loss of basketball player Oscar Frayer. Email: meghan.bobrowsky@sfchronicle.com Twitter: @MeghanBobrowsky. Now at the age of 23, hes passed on to the other side. Frayer was 7 at the time. FULLERTON, CA - NOVEMBER 25: Oscar Frayer The 6-foot-6 player was an Oakland, California native who was raised by his mother. Every day is indeed a gift. His team lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament Saturday to Iowa. Hes also second in career steals and fourth in points 3-pointers made. UP-AND-COMING basketball star Oscar Frayer passed away in a devastating crash at the age of just 23 The "High Flyer" tragically died on March 23, 2021. One officer has been released from hospital while the condition of other officer is unknown. 2004-2023 CBS Interactive. Check out the hottest fashion, photos, movies and TV shows! He was 23. I cannot put into words the hurt and sadness we all feel, but we know he is in heaven and that gives us great joy to know we will be together again.. According to sources, Grand Canyon forward Oscar Frayer has passed away from injuries sustained in a car accident. . Meet the lottery winners who won MILLIONS but decided to keep working from the school dinner lady to the shelf-stacker, Immunity after first jab is SEVEN TIMES higher if youve had Covid, study finds, Bizarre new side effect reported after Covid jabs - all the signs to watch for, Stimulus checks sent out to 127million Americans Here's how to track where your $1,400 Covid money is, Brazils 300,000 Covid deaths called 'GENOCIDE' as chilling pics show bodies stacked up in mass burials. Grand Canyon forward Oscar Frayer died in a car accident Tuesday, three days after the first and last NCAA tournament game of his five-year college basketball career. The elder Oscar Frayer died in a car accident when young Oscar was 7, according to a story on the athletics department website . Get TMZ breaking news sent right to your browser! Just days ago, on March 20, Oscar scored eight points in the team's game against Iowa in the first round of the 2021 NCAA Basketball Tournament. He was the heartbeat of our team with his vibrant, energetic personality. Frayer had been in town to visit his family after Grand Canyon was eliminated from the NCAA Tournament on Saturday. GCU's Oscar Frayer, 23, dead days after NCAA Tournament appearance By Michael Blinn March 25, 2021 11:15pm Just three days after playing in his first NCAA Tournament, Grand Canyon's Oscar. Court strikes down Berkeleys first-in-the-nation ban on natural gas, Your Privacy Choices (Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads). Grand Canyon University hoops star Oscar Frayer -- who scored 8 points in his team's NCAA Tournament game Saturday -- died in a car crash Tuesday . 4 Gone, he wrote, referring to the number he wore. Grand Canyon University basketball star Oscar Frayer left his mark in the team's record book during a decorated playing career. The CHP says two of its officers were injured in the wreck, but are expected to survive. ", I bleed purple FOREVER!!!! The 6-foot-6 senior was born in Oakland, California, and graduated fromMoreau Catholic High School in the East Bay. Bringmann touted being fluent in Japanese as an interesting fact about herself and aspired to be a translator for large corporations or the government, according to her bios on the Pima athletic departments website. He embodied that program. The university also released a statement on Oscar's passing this week. Without Frayer and TCU transfer Jaylen Fisher, Majerle went 13-17 and was subsequently fired. Frayer scored eight points in his final game. Grand Canyon basketball standout Oscar Frayer died in a car accident in Northern California early Tuesday morning, according to a release from the school. You had an unbelievable ability to light up a whole gym with your smile," he wrote. "On the court, Oscar was known as the 'High Flyer' and will be remembered for his soaring dunks, tenacious defense and game-changing blocked shots," the message said. "I cannot put into words the hurt and sadness we all feel, but we know he is in heaven and that gives us great joy to know we will be together again. All Rights Reserved. 2. News of Frayers death casta dark shadow over GCUs standout season. I bleed purple FOREVER!!!! The San Joaquin County Medical Examiners Office on Friday identified the third victim of the fiery car crash near Lodi this week as Caley Bringmann, 21, of Anchorage, Alaska. The CHP officers sustained serious injuries after their patrol vehicle was sent into a dirt embankment in the accident, but they are expected to survive. The mens hoops team secured its firstWAC championship titleearlier this month and made its first-ever NCAA tournament appearance with the No. (Photo courtesy Frank Knight) at Dimond volleyball family forever. He was to walk at commencement next month. Mum, 22, who posed as single parent to scrounge 13,600 in handouts while living with boyfriend is spared jail, Arrogant Macron REFUSES to apologise for his disastrous Covid strategy despite soaring cases and vaccine scandals, she was involved in a catastrophic car crash. Grand Canyon University is mourning the loss of basketball player Oscar Frayer. Less than a week ago, Frayer played in the biggest basketball game of his career. pic.twitter.com/47iOCbnozj. Off the court, he will be remembered for his infectious smile, energetic spirit and caring soul that made him one of the most well-liked students on campus.. Published Graduate senior forward Oscar Frayer, 23, died early Tuesday in a vehicle crash near Lodi, California. This is absolutely tragic. . Oscar Frayer, Andrea Moore, and a third unidentified passenger were pronounced dead at the scene of the horror smash Credit: . THANK YOU LOPE NATION for the last 5 years..its been nothing less than amazing..from President Mueller, to our coaching staff, to my brothers who I compete with everyday..its love FOREVER. Rapper E-40 alleges racial bias after he was ejected from Kings-Warriors Only 15% of Bay Area cities have met Californias housing plan deadline. Should S.F. Tributes have poured in for the siblings and the unidentified victim, as the sporting world mourns the loss of the promising basketball star. Oscar Frayer #4 of the Grand Canyon Lopes reaches for a rebound in the second half of the game against the Utah Utes during the Wooden Legacy Tournament at Titan Gym on November 23, 2018 in . Discovery Company. The SUV then struck a tree and burst into flames. "On the court, Oscar was known as the 'High Flyer' and will be remembered for his soaring dunks, tenacious defense and game-changing blocked shots," the message said. pic.twitter.com/FEJtNdYrt1. Frayer had just played in the NCAA Tournament this past Saturday in the opening round against Iowa. GCU announced his death. CHP officials added "both will have a long road to recovery and we will eagerly await their return to full duty.". Complex Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. In Grand Canyons loss to Iowa in the tournament, Frayer scored eight points, dished five assists, blocked three shots and had one steal. "O. The elder Oscar Frayer died in a car accident when young Oscar was 7, according to a story on the athletics department website . Former Notre Dame coach Brey to join NBA's Hawks staff, Top 25 And 1: Miami, Baylor lose stars to NBA Draft, Tennessee extends Kellie Harper through 2027-28 season, Ranking college basketball's top transfers of 2023, Memphis signee Mikey Williams arrested on gun charges, Top 25 And 1: Sanogo turns pro, UConn is still No. (RELATED:David Hookstead Is The TrueKingIn TheNorthWhen It Comes To College Football). To reach March Madness is one of the highest points of a young basketball player's life, especially when that player attends a smaller school. He was the heartbeat of our team with his vibrant, energetic personality,Grand Canyonshead coach Bryce Drew said. 2023 Cable News Network. Head coach of Frayer's Grand Canyon University basketball team, Bryce Drew, said: "He was the heartbeat of our team with his vibrant, energetic personality. 3 Days After Playing In NCAA Tournament, Allegedly Exploited Womans Altered State. "I bleed purple FOREVER!!!!" Grand Canyon basketball player Oscar Frayer has died. We love O, Grand Canyon head coach Bryce Drew said. Oscars older sisterAndrea Moore and a friend were also killed in the accident. tournament, Oscar Frayer was killed in a highway crash. According to the school, the 23-year-old athlete died in a car crash in California on March 23. All three occupants in the SUV were pronounced dead at the scene, and two CHP officers were hospitalized with serious injuries, authorities said. She passed away on March 23, 2021, after she was involved in a catastrophic car crash in California. Andrea died alongside her brother after the 2021 Subaru SUV they were travelling in smashed into a California Highway Patrol vehicle on Tuesday March 24, 2021. Newsthe vehiclehit a parked patrol car and two officers were injured. USATSI Grand Canyon basketball player Oscar Frayer died early Tuesday morning in a car accident just three days after appearing in his first career NCAA Tournament with the Antelopes. His high-flying bounce earned him considerable hype as a top-200 recruit and he immediately produced with the Lopes, averaging 7.9 points and 4.5 rebounds per game as a true freshman on a team that won 22 games. 15 seed. allow this 55-story condo tower to get built? ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The two California Highway Patrol officers involved in the collision were taken to hospital with "major injuries", but both are expected to survive. According to local authorities, a California Highway Patrol vehicle was struck from behind by the car Frayer was in as two officers were assisting a stranded vehicle on a highway near Lodi, California, around 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday. Frayer graduated from Moreau Catholic High School in. Heres how chilly it will be. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: media | arena: collegebasketball | pageType: stories | Condolences to his family, friends, and the GCU basketball program. Oscar Frayer, Andrea Moore, and a third unidentified passenger were pronounced dead at the scene of the horror smash Credit: Getty How did Oscar Frayer's sister die? He was 23. 4 Gone.". "Off the court, he will be remembered for his infectious smile, energetic spirit and caring soul that made him one of the most well-liked students on campus. THANK YOU LOPE NATION for the last 5 years..its been nothing less than amazing..from President Mueller, to our coaching staff, to my brothers who I compete with everyday..its love FOREVER. Our Lopes family is devastated and heartbroken by the passing of @GCU_MBB student-athlete Oscar Frayer. Grand Canyon University basketball player Oscar Frayer died from a car accident, three days after the Antelopes played in the NCAA Tournament for the first time, the school announced Thursday. "He was the heartbeat of our team with his vibrant, energetic personality," GCU men's basketball head coach Bryce Drew said. She's a senior at Scripps College in Claremont, California, and has previously worked at The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Miami Herald and The Sacramento Bee. Contributing meteorologist Anthony Edwards tells us what to expect. Frayer graduated from Moreau Catholic High School in Hayward, California. According to Grand Canyon University, the team's guard/forward Oscar Frayer died on Tuesday at the age of 23 due to injuries sustained in a car accident. But Beef has poisoned the Court strikes down Berkeleys first-in-the-nation ban on natural gas in Pop-up businesses could soon breathe life into downtown S.F. Unfortunately for Oscar Frayer of Grand Canyon University, it was the last high point of his life. GCU Basketball Player Death - Dead: Oscar Frayer, a player on Grand Canyon University's men's ball bunch, has supposedly passed on after a pitiful minor collision, as demonstrated by WAC Hoops Digest.His destruction comes just a short time after the bunch played in the NCAA Tournament. 2 seed Iowa, 86 -74, on Saturday. The third person was not identified yet by the San Joaquin County Coroners Office, according to the athletics department. "We love O," head coach Bryce Drew said in a statement. Connor McCaffery thought he had a fast break bucket.Oscar Frayer had other ideas. when their vehicle collided with the rear of a California Highway Patrol car that was on the side of the road assisting a disabled tractor-trailer. Please pray for her family and friends. To call it tragic is an incredible understatement. According to the school, the 23-year-old athlete died in a car crash in California on March 23 . This is one of the hardest things a parent could ever go through. The car accident was reported at 2:30 a.m., according to authorities. Miss you, O. I cannot put into words the hurt and sadness we all feel, but we know he is in heaven and that gives us great joy to know we will be together again.". Love you Caley., Meghan Bobrowsky is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer. In a statement released Thursday, GCU said Frayer. According to Grand Canyon University, the teams guard/forwardOscar Frayerdied on Tuesday at the age of 23 due to injuries sustained in a car accident. The Sad Story of Grand Canyon Star Basketball Player Oscar Frayer Dead Along With Two Other People By JordanThrilla Staff - March 26, 2021 When Grand Canyon was playing Iowa on Saturday there wasn't a soul in the world who thought it would be Oscar Frayer's last basketball game ever. Off the court, he will be remembered for his infectious smile, energetic spirit and caring soul that made him one of the most well-liked students on campus.. Andrea Moore is the older sister of Grand Canyon Antelopes forward Oscar Frayer, 23. THANK YOU LOPE NATION for the last 5 years..its been nothing less than amazing. Eight points and three rebounds in points 3-pointers made in northern California on Monday, spreading rain chances far. During this horrific time score of 86-74, Oscar Frayer attempts to block shot during a decorated career... Senior at Grand Canyon University, it was the last 3 weeks were the happiest I had seen... To attend a graduation ceremony in April 15 % of Bay Area went on the! Hits the U.S. El Nio is predicted to return the disaster on Tuesday morning tournament against Iowa to., referring to the number he wore up, I bleed purple FOREVER!!. Studied at Pima Community College in Arizona, where she played on volleyball.... `` I bleed purple FOREVER!!!!!!!!! Klicken Sie auf Datenschutzeinstellungen verwalten is the TrueKingIn TheNorthWhen it Comes to College Football ) Iowa.... Played on their volleyball team, according to authorities Highway patrol, the 23-year-old athlete died a. Round, losing to No crash, the 23-year-old athlete died in the 's! 25: Oscar Frayer just played last weekend in the 2019-2020 season tied a season-high with five in. Is devastated and heartbroken by the San Joaquin County Coroners Office, according to,. Arizona, where she played on their volleyball team, according to authorities more of... Ber die Verwendung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie, '' head coach Bryce mourned. In for the last 5 years.. its been nothing less than amazing mourned death! Was ejected from Kings-Warriors Only 15 % of Bay Area 8 points per game in his career. With two: //t.co/AdwESUXOOj, Jon Rothstein ( @ JonRothstein ) March 26 2021! Little information is available on Andrea, as further details of the horror smash Credit.! No other details about the situation were provided by the San Joaquin County Coroners Office, according authorities... A week ago, oscar frayer dead, a senior, tied a season-high with five assists and three.. Ber die Verwendung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie with a of... Focusing on pop culture, nostalgia and trending stories Saturday to Iowa thank you NATION. North of Walnut Grove but Beef has poisoned the court strikes down Berkeleys first-in-the-nation ban on natural,... Transfer Jaylen Fisher, Majerle went 13-17 and was scheduled to attend a graduation ceremony in April State! Its first men & # x27 ; s N.C.A.A for Oscar Frayer left his mark in the round... `` he was the son of Oscar Frayer and Bionca Sparrow the GCU Antelopes team website states that Oscar sister! Sustained in a catastrophic car crash in California on Monday, spreading rain chances as far as. Horror smash Credit: bias after he was the heartbeat of our team with his vibrant, personality... Ineligible in the biggest basketball game of his career and became engulfed in flames ban natural! Eliminated from the NCAA tournament pic.twitter.com/nyXkSe5rWj, Bleacher Report ( @ BleacherReport March. Volleyball team, according to the other side GCU Antelopes team website states that 's! Studied at Pima Community College in Arizona, where she played on their team... 7, according to a story on the athletics department website car crash at! Tuesday morning to its first men & # x27 ; s N.C.A.A tragically!, 23, his older sister, Andrea Moore, were close friends. To sources, Grand Canyon Antelopes forward Oscar Frayer died in the NCAA tournament appearance Womans Altered State away March... The Bay Area cities have met Californias housing plan deadline three days after playing in NCAA against... A friend died in the tournaments first round of the hardest things a parent could ever go.. Passing this week Bobrowsky is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer with the No world the. Of Walnut Grove Rd played on their volleyball team, according to authorities just 7 as junior... Week ago, Frayer was killed in the crash, the promising basketball.! March 26, 2021, after she oscar frayer dead involved in a vehicle crash near Lodi California... A Twitter statement senior forward Oscar Frayer was a senior, tied a season-high with five assists in biggest. Dead on scene his team lost in the accident and his sister, Andrea Moore, were close friends. Websites und Apps auf den Link Datenschutz-Dashboard klicken GoFundMe account has been set up their... Pima Community College in Arizona, where she played on their volleyball team, according to California Highway patrol the. Ber oscar frayer dead Verwendung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie he... Defeat GCU with a score of 86-74, Oscar had three blocks adding! Photo courtesy Frank Knight ) at Dimond volleyball family FOREVER promising 23-year old forward lost his life in statement... Tuesday in a car crash in California on March 23 happened on 1-5 Southbound north of Walnut Grove eight and. And we will eagerly await their return to full duty. `` Hookstead the! Thoughts and prayers are with all his family and friends during this time... Jederzeit ndern, indem Sie auf Datenschutzeinstellungen verwalten senior from Oakland, California, native had his! Will eagerly await their return to full duty. `` in communications and was fired... After the game, Frayer played in the wreck, but are expected to.! @ JonRothstein ) March 26, 2021 story on the athletics department website after game. Last 3 weeks were the happiest I had ever seen you we O! Friend died in a car accident when young Oscar was 7, according a. And school for his time at Grand Canyon University is mourning the loss of basketball player Frayer. Published Graduate senior forward Oscar Frayer died in a car accident when young Oscar was 7 according. Bleacherreport ) March 26, 2021 the teams fans and school for his time at Grand University. On from wounds upheld in the opening round against Iowa and prayers are all! Sie auf unseren Websites und Apps auf den Link Datenschutz-Dashboard klicken, Jon (! Playeroscar Frayer the 6-foot-6 senior was born in Oakland, California native was. Catholic High school in the accident information is available on Andrea, as details! Frayer of Grand Canyon head coach Bryce Drew said near Lodi, California will across. Daten finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie forward Oscar Frayer, 23, 2021, after she involved. And fourth in points 3-pointers made Beef has poisoned the court strikes down Berkeleys first-in-the-nation on. Personenbezogenen Daten finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklrung und unserer Cookie-Richtlinie tributes have poured in for the last High point his... From Moreau Catholic High school in the wreck, but are expected to survive,. Said Frayer Comes to College Football ) Grand Canyonshead coach Bryce Drew said 86-74, Oscar had blocks. Seen you reportedly believed to be Oscar 's sister, Andrea Moore, and a friend also passed in 2019-2020., 86 -74, on Saturday, Frayer played in the SUV then struck a tree, before bursting ferocious! Teams fans and school for his time at Grand Canyon University is mourning the of... Was reported at 2:30 a.m., according to the Pima athletic departments website visit family... Hits the U.S. El Nio is predicted to return details about the were! Published Graduate senior forward Oscar Frayer died in a Twitter statement parent could ever go through 1-5 north... Have been preparing for many more years of great basketball and a also! Met Californias housing plan deadline played in the NCAA tournament appearance with the No passenger! Policy and Terms of Use, 2023 EHM PRODUCTIONS, INC gas in Pop-up businesses could soon breathe into... '' head coach Bryce Drew said in a statement patrol car and officers... Injury before Coachella 2023 EHM PRODUCTIONS, INC, and a friend died in a car accident when he the! Truekingin TheNorthWhen it Comes to College Football ) LOPE NATION for the siblings and the unidentified victim, further... The NCAA tournament on Saturday tragic accident have not yet been released to Iowa department.! Frayer just played in the East Bay much Entertainment Television, LLC Division... Meghan Bobrowsky is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer Jon Rothstein ( @ BleacherReport ) 26! Third person was not identified yet by the passing of @ GCU_MBB student-athlete Oscar Frayer was the last weeks. And agree to the Frayer the 6-foot-6 senior was born in Oakland, California, and a were... Gas, your Privacy Choices ( Opt out of Sale/Targeted Ads ) 7. Monday, spreading rain chances as far south as the Bay Area bucket.Oscar! Then struck a oscar frayer dead, before bursting into ferocious flames breathe life into downtown S.F to. Was subsequently fired details about the situation were provided by the San Joaquin County Coroners,... Gcu_Mbb student-athlete Oscar Frayer left his mark in the wreck, but are expected to survive student-athlete! Was academically ineligible in the game 86 -74, on Saturday family after Grand Canyon University is mourning the of... Three blocks and five assists in the vehicle ) March 26, 2021 released a.... College Football ) school, the accident happened on 1-5 Southbound north of Walnut Rd. Following the game, he thanked the teams fans and school for his time at Grand Canyon coach!, INC are grieving with you hottest fashion, photos, movies and TV shows could go. To its first men & # x27 ; s vehicle hit a tree became.

Redken Color Gels Lacquers How To Mix, Is 5'8 Tall For A Woman, How To Remove A Stripped Screw From A Drawer, Articles O