They know exactly who they are and they express it live and locally, says Warner SVP promotion Dave Dyer. 1932 By late 1932, WSM had joined a small, elite group of maximum-power, Class 1-A, clear-channel broadcasters. WSM Radio - YouTube For over nine decades, 650 AM WSM has been a leader in Country Radio. I cant help but wonder if all the forced time off from the first lockdowns, combined with the new marriage, caused Eddie to reflect on life a bit. Ratings Expert Chris Huff notes that is a record high for WWTN. Tom Brown of the Nashville Elvis Festival on Coffee, Country & Cody. National Life & Accident Insurance Company, National Life and Accident Insurance Company, "WSM cuts Nashville Today and All-Nighter as GM departs", "Topping Off The New Country Music Hall of Fame", "Weekly list of actions taken on properties: 3/14/11 through 3/18/11", "FCC Authorization For 53 Commercial FM Outlets Given", "WSM's Grand Ole Opry Projects Nashville Role", Coffee, Country and Cody. - WSM Online.com, "650 AM WSM Launches 24/7 Americana Streaming Station", "Eddie Stubbs Retires From WSM & The Grand Ole Opry", "Tracy Lawrence Radio Show Scores Syndication", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=WSM_(AM)&oldid=1150069168. The WSM mobile app has a new look! But some of the people I talked to pointed out that he has been missing quite a few shifts lately, and though there may not be any specific health issue, maybe hes been having some minor health issues that have made him prioritize things in life. He did a wonderful job eulogizing Ray Price at Prices memorial service in Mt. I had asked Facebook friends what stations were doing great radio. Steelpeder And their weekends are excellent. Cumulus Country "95.5 Nash Icon" WSM-FM ranks third down 7.4 to 7.0. July 22, 2020 @ They have been doing sketchy things at WSM imo. July 27, 2020 @ Lites Soft AC format grew into a more foreground station that continues to drive the format sonically. One is Classic Hits KOLA Riverside, Calif. That station was automated CHR when I first encountered it. When you were inquiring as to the reason, was it apparent to you that the reason was being intentionally hidden? Hobo Bill Time will tell. February 2023 PPM 6+ Mon-Sun, 6a-12mid New on Circle: History of Country with Bill Cody. 7:29 am, Di Harris Bobby Bones already has a massive syndicated country music morning radio show. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window), Just Announced! I still listen to the one hour program hosted by Jeff who does a great job but wish they would extended it back to three hours. Thanks for listening to the Coffee, Country & Cody podcast from WSM Radio! However, their streams are always crystal clear. The 2nd day he was in Nashville,WSM hired him. Now, its both a market and format leader that has driven the modernization of the Classic Hits format, however you may feel about it. But again, I dont have any reason to believe hes being forced to leave. [10] Hay is quoted: "For the past hour we have been listening to music largely from Grand Opera, but from now on we will present 'The Grand Ole Opry.'"[8]. Media & News Company Nashville, TN linktr.ee/wsmradio Joined January 2009 455 Following 25K Followers Replies Media WSM Radio - America's Country Station I did mean that Marty would be better than Brad. The overnight DJ, Marcia Campbell is also gone in favor of a canned format. Ratings profiles are Copyright 2023 Nielsen Audio. Thanks for listening to the Coffee, Country & Cody podcast from WSM Radio! Reviewed in the United States on November 25, 2015 . It was on that day that the station hit the airwaves, and continues to broadcast the best in classic country music to this day. Stubbs announced the retirement on Tuesday night (7-22) during his regular weeknight radio show. [6] After television became popular (thus largely eliminating the audience for full-length radio programs), WSM adopted a middle of the road (MOR) music format during the daytime hours, and continued to play country music at night. With at least three shows every week, there are plenty of opportunities to see The Show That Made Country Music Famous -- plus,take the Opry Backstage Tour while you're there, and you'll get to stand in the world-famous circle where so many country greats have performed. "[18] The station's broadcast studios were first located in the company's building on Seventh Avenue and Union Street in downtown Nashville; this was the original home of the Opry, until 1934. Sources: FactSet, Tullett Prebon, Commodities & Futures: Futures prices are delayed at least 10 minutes as per exchange requirements. [3] The station's clear channel signal can reach much of North America and nearby countries, especially late at night. 4.0 61 Ratings Free iPhone Screenshots 650 AM WSM can now be taken with you wherever you go! Copyright 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Lets not worry about that scenario until it presents itself. I did hear then-CHR WKRQ and still-CHRs WIXX Green Bay, Wis., and WKRZ Wilkes-Barre, Pa., over the years. Download the official WSM Radio App (forAppleorAndroiddevices) to hear WSM in digital clarity, plus two additional streaming stations -- Opry Nashville and Route 650 -- as well as thousands of hours of archived programming. 5:55 am. Rank: Market: Posted . The microphone is an RCA 4-AA condenser. Started by the National Life and Accident Insurance Company in 1925, WSM has been one of the most influential and exceptional radio stations in the history of broadcasting and country music. Twitter: @wsmradio Language: English Contact: WSM-AM 2804 Opryland Drive Nashville, TN 37214 615-737-9650 Website: http://www.wsmonline.com/ Email: jcooper@wsmonline.com Stations Play Button WSM Radio WSM at Night TOMORROW: At this moment, we need them to be, but is it a reasonable expectation? July 30, 2020 @ You bet it could. It broadcasts a country music format, with an emphasis on recordings released since the 1990s. In Active Rock, KISW Seattle still shoots and scores, said Brew Michaels. . Owned and operated by Ryman Hospitality Properties. Seventeen years later the current incarnation of WSM-FM was established after a National Life subsidiary purchased WLWM and renamed it WSM-FM in 1968. The morning show has decreased the music and upped the mindless chatter.. I didnt find out much, and I dont have a direct line to Eddie. Gaylord Entertainment continued to control WSM and operate all other departments, including programming, engineering, and promotions. 650 AM WSM made its mark on country music history on October 5, 1925. Stubbs is a tremendous repository of knowledge about AUTHENTIC country music! Hear the audio that matters most to you. Population: 1,512,100 (Black: 249,800) (Hispanic: 105,600) The two stations share studios on Knob Road in west Nashville, where WSMV-TV's transmitter is also located. Author & podcaster Sean Dietrich ("Sean Of The South") recently paid a visit to Coffee, Country & Cody to discuss his Grand Ole Opry debut, where he received THREE standing ovations! But it does seem to me like he does want to take a step back to better live life while there is life to live. Hungry for some Dolly Parton? [2] On July 1, 2017, the then-WCJU-FM changed their format from oldies to talk/classic hits. document.getElementById("form-iframe-pop").addEventListener("load", myFunction); Would. 650 AM WSM made its mark on country music history on October 5, 1925. FactSet (a) does not make any express or implied warranties of any kind regarding the data, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use; and (b) shall not be liable for any errors, incompleteness, interruption or delay, action taken in reliance on any data, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Make the Grand Ole Opry part of YOUR Nashville experience! But Im not hearing anything along those lines. They include KLTY, WMMR, and the latters oft-praised Triple-A rival WXPN. Thanks for listening to the Coffee, Country & Cody podcast from WSM Radio! Call sign: WSM Frequency: 650 AM City of license: Nashville, TN Format: Country Music Owner: Ryman Hospitality Properties Area Served: Nashville First air date: October 5, 1925 Contact Phone: 615-458-4650 / 615-737-9650 9:05 pm. Rough. Can any station do its best work in this time of cutbacks? Cumulus Adult R&B "Q92" WQQK slips 6.7 to 5.9. Joining Coffee, Country & Cody on this episode are the band 4Runner - who are releasing "Back Runnin'", their first new album in nearly two decades. With the WSM mobile app, you can now stay up to date with WSM events, shows, and special guests, as well as Listen Live on the go! [5], Founded by the National Life and Accident Insurance Company as a platform to sell the company's insurance products, WSM first signed on October 5, 1925. LEXI CARTER has been named MD at RYMAN HOSPITALITY PROPERTIES Country WSM-A/NASHVILLE, according to a post on her LINKEDIN profile. Download the official WSM Radio App (forAppleorAndroiddevices) to hear WSM in digital clarity, plus two additional streaming stations -- Opry Nashville and Route 650 -- as well as thousands of hours of archived programming. All rights reserved. All the best Mr. Stubbs. Gene Savage names heritage Country WSM-AM Nashville and Country Insider's . Thanks, and Welcome! 1941 Country and bluegrass legend John Hartford parodied the distinctive style of WSM DJs on the album Aereo-Plain, humorously changing the station's call letters to the phrase "Dorothy S. Charles is a frequent guest on the Grand Ole Opry, and he appeared with our crew the morning before his most recent appearance, on April 7, 2023. Now I appreciate them, perhaps because Im too adult. Mutual Funds & ETFs: All of the mutual fund and ETF information contained in this display, with the exception of the current price and price history, was supplied by Lipper, A Refinitiv Company, subject to the following: Copyright 2019 Refinitiv. At one time, American General was the parent company of the Life and Casualty Insurance Company based in Nashville, former owner of WSM-TV rival WLAC-TV (now WTVF), and WLAC-AM-FM, but divested the broadcast properties in 1975, long before the NLT merger. RADIO ONLINE offers the latest radio industry news, radio show prep, radio promotions, radio station data and more. Make the Grand Ole Opry part of YOUR Nashville experience! On Sunday mornings they used to have a three hour country gospel show. Listening to WSM on the way home tonight, Eddie stated there were several things he and his wife wanted to do while they still had the health to do do and pursue other things both were looking forward to. Download the official WSM Radio App (forAppleorAndroiddevices) to hear WSM in digital clarity, plus two additional streaming stations -- Opry Nashville and Route 650 -- as well as thousands of hours of archived programming. I dont want to spread rumors that Eddie is ill or has some major health issue. Make the Grand Ole Opry part of YOUR Nashville experience! Needless to say, I will be forever grateful. Grant Turner served for 47 years, and Hairl Hensley served for 35 years as Opry announcers. Amen, I second the Marty Stuart endorsement. No matter how you earn a living, WSM at Work makes the work day better. The iconic station that defined Nashville to the rest of the world was bleeding red ink. In 2018, WSM launched Opry Nashville Radio, a full-time streaming station billed as being "based on the Grand Ole Opry and Nashville lifestyle" and focusing mainly on contemporary country music. Copyright 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved. Since its establishment on January 1, 2020, the country music oriented TV network Circle has simulcast WSM's morning show Coffee, Country, and Cody. Upon completion of the new headquarters, National Life and Accident Insurance Company chose to relocate WSM radio to their new TV studios, and WSM radio, joined in 1968 by its new FM sister, broadcast from that location from 1966 to 1983. $11.00 + $0.95 shipping. document.getElementById('form-iframe-pop').src = 'https://fe3f11727564047d751578.pub.s6.sfmc-content.com/t4wk3qm03qr'; In 1974, National Life and Accident Insurance Company reorganized itself as a holding company, NLT Corporation, with the WSM stations as one of the major subsidiaries. Developers can show information here about how their app collects and uses your data. Theres a reason they continue to be top-rated in such a competitive diverse market.. Just Announced! [AQH Persons to a Station / AQH Persons to All Stations] x 100 = Share (%). IMHO the only one who could hope to fill Eddies shoes. Cryptocurrencies: Cryptocurrency quotes are updated in real-time. 12:05 pm. Gene Savage names heritage Country WSM-AM Nashville and Country Insiders Brian Mansfield seconds. Old Crow Medicine Show, New Years Eve at the Ryman. Those are just a handful of the stations readers cited. Really sad to see him go. But how do those stations compare with their histories? But if anyone could take over his show it is Jeff Hogue. A titan of the airwaves and our generation's voice of country music, Eddie Stubbs, has announced that after 25 years of service at The Legend WSM-AM in Nashville as a DJ and announcer at the Grand Ole Opry, he is retiring. WSM-FM (95.5 MHz) is a radio station in Nashville, Tennessee. Hey Arnold Average price target from 26 ratings: $125.39, Stocks: Real-time U.S. stock quotes reflect trades reported through Nasdaq only; comprehensive quotes and volume reflect trading in all markets and are delayed at least 15 minutes. WSM's Coffee, Country & Cody WSM Radio / Opry Entertainment Group Music 4.4 64 Ratings APR 4, 2023 The French Family Band on Coffee, Country & Cody The French Family Band on Coffee, Country & Cody Joining Coffee, Country & Cody on this episode is The French Family Band. Eliminated from the daily schedule are the " Nashville Today " talk show hosted by Devon O'Day and Lexi Carter in the 10am-12pm and the live overnight "WSM All Nighter with Marcia Campbell". July 23, 2020 @ This time I poised a harder question: What long-running radio station is sounding better than ever now? But, I added, Id also accept as great as ever.. Ratings expert Chris Huff cites Adult R&B WBLS New York; CHR WXXL (XL106.7) Orlando, Fla.; Classic Hits KODJ Salt Lake City; AC WDEF Chattanooga, Tenn.; Rhythmic AC XHRM San Diego; and Classic Rockers WHJY Providence, R.I., and KFXJ Wichita, Kan. For the interim, Jeff Hoag will be filling in during Eddies time slot. Can you name a long-running radio station that lives up to its heritage? No station that is not fully staffed has the ability to sound as good as its former self, wrote Alan Sells. July 23, 2020 @ I count it a blessing that I was able to talk country music history with him for a few minutes, and mention that hed caused me to miss a turn before while driving late at night because I was enjoying his show so much and not paying as close attention to the road as I should have been. Congratulations on a job well done, Eddie. Radio tells me it needs an update but fails when it try's to download it. Sure will miss him. Listen to WSM's free Live Stream from our website player, or on the go with our FREE mobile app. In 2012, Gaylord Entertainment Company was renamed Ryman Hospitality Properties. The loss of Eddie for whatever reason is just another nail in the coffin of what was (and could still be) the greatest radio station in history. Perhaps if he was made the face of the Circle Network and the weekly Opry streams, Stubbs would have stuck around. I didnt have Eddie read my email about Charlie Louvin,he done it on his own. Market veteran Jonathan L praised KUPD Phoenix. Joining Coffee, Country & Cody on this episode is The French Family Band. But, having listened to V-103 for many years, its not at the level it was in 2010. Its height was reduced to 808 feet (246 m) in 1939 when it was discovered that the taller tower was causing self-cancellation in the "fringe" areas of reception of the station (it is now known that 195 electrical degrees, about 810 feet, is the optimum height for a Class A station on that frequency). Shipping speed. You'll find some of their most popular programming available as podcasts. I was excited to see the podcast for Intimate Evening listed. RADIO ONLINE has been serving the radio industry since 1989, with up-to-the-minute news at radio-online.com . I do believe Eddie was recently married in August/September of 2019. He was the only remaining live DJ in his time slot on any station in Nashville. It is stored in thirteen manuscript boxes, eight of which contain scripts of radio programs. Eddie always called the whole story,Divine Intervention. Make the Grand Ole Opry part of YOUR Nashville experience! In addition to its vast nighttime coverage area, the station boasts one of the largest daytime coverage areas in the country. Shortly before the pandemic, I looked at a page of radio ratings from a 1984 radio directory and found that anywhere from 30% to 50% of those station brands were still available in their market with a similar format. Explore our rich history of more than 90 years, see photos, watch videos, and more. Other have wondered with The Oprys television-based Circle Network launching this year with Bobby Bones as the primary face if Eddie felt like it was time to move on. This website uses cookies. He is 100 % disrespectful & reckless. For over nine decades, 650 AM WSM has been a. The station that brings you only the best in Country Music, featuring the world famous Grand Ole Opry. Massatucky All for this and 72000.00 price tag. Dates of the collection range from 1928 to 1966 with a large portion of the material dated in the 1940s. My guess at the worst Eddie might be reading the writing on the wall, and wants to exit on my own terms. He has been an important mainstay in my life. channel 11 beginning in October 2007, as well as the Eddie Stubbs Show on America channel 10 beginning in November 2007. Then they could easily fill out the details later. I say FM died in Nashville when Gerry House retired, so now with Eddies departure its the final nail in the coffin for WSM I hope Im wrong! Source: FactSet, Indexes: Index quotes may be real-time or delayed as per exchange requirements; refer to time stamps for information on any delays. Grand Ole Opry stars Rhonda & Darrin Vincent appeared on Coffee, Country & Cody on April 7, one day before their joint appearance on the Opry (along with other members of their family) to celebrate Easter, as well as their mother's birthday! Thanks for listening to the Coffee, Country & Cody podcast from WSM Radio! I live in Wisconsin. WSM Radio's Coffee, Country & Cody WSM Radio / Opry Entertainment Group Music 5.0 2 Ratings APR. She has been with the station as a producer since AUGUST 2017 . The 58-year-old Stubbs is originally from Gaithersburg, Maryland, and regularly played bluegrass, including in The Johnson Mountain Boys. Talk about country, some old man got up on the wagon and did a little jig, then a very pretty girl in a country dress got up and sang and then came the great Flatt and Scruggs. Briefly in 2006, the channel converted to "WSM Entertainment", a separate satellite radio feed that carried the same classic country music format as the AM signal. Losing Eddie and gaining butthole Bobbie makes me wanna puke. The ratings of SM95 began to declineand thus its advertiser appealas its audience began aging in the early 1980s. History [ edit] Early years [ edit] I think you are the definitive country music station in America! For more than a decade, his weekly writings have been collected in the Ross On Radio newsletter; subscribe for free here. Hopefully we have a better explanation in the future. Joining Coffee, Country & Cody on this episode are the band 4Runner - who are releasing "Back Runnin'", their first new album in nearly two decades. Subscribe for updates, events offers and more. frame.contentWindow.postMessage('WSM_Preference,Pop Up Form,light-mode,'+parentDomain+','+parentURL, 'https://fe3f11727564047d751578.pub.s6.sfmc-content.com'); Thanks for listening to the Coffee, Country & Cody podcast from WSM Radio! Please enter your username or email address to reset your password. Nielsen Audio Ratings. Good-natured, genuinely humble, and expert. I rarely stayed up listen to her, but would catch the start of her program at midnight when Eddies show ended. The battles have been easier for older-leaning formats. Sources: FactSet, Dow Jones, Stock Movers: Gainers, decliners and most actives market activity tables are a combination of NYSE, Nasdaq, NYSE American and NYSE Arca listings. . I would love to know how the ratings are in that time slot now! The show that made country music famous with unforgettable moments happening every night. When the 878-foot tower was built in 1932, it was the tallest antenna in North America. listening to a particular station for at least five minutes during a A share is the percentage of those listening to radio in the MSA who are 6:28 pm. I dont know that at all. Please leave a comment. Like a Death in the Family. Last Updated: 03-23-23 (Nielsen Subscribing Stations Only), Totals are Persons 6+, Mon-Sun, 6am-midnight. For a period during World War II it was designated to provide transmissions to submarines in the event that ship-to-shore communications were lost. Last week, it moved on altogether after 35 years. jQuery(document).ready(function() { After only a week of being in town, Stubbs was hired on part-time at WSM, and 17 days later he was auditioning to be the Grand Ole Opry announcer. The French Family Band on Coffee, Country & Cody. These guys really know how to program a real Country radio station. When a C(c)ountry singer dies, it sucks, but they usually die in old age, long after their best days are behind them. Now thats cut back to one hour with the other two hours filled with two pre-recorded canned top 40, much of it pseudo-country. WSM Description: For over nine decades, WSM has been a leader in Country Radio and the radio home of the Grand Ole Opry! However, there was still considerable overlap between the stations' on-air personnel for some years after the ownership change. Includes interviews with country music stars and more. WSM Radio. The station has also moved the nightly . The. Hes also a CMA winner, earning the Large Market Air Personality of the Year award in 2002, and is a Country Music Radio Hall of Famer. With at least three shows every week, there are plenty of opportunities to see The Show That Made Country Music Famous -- plus,take the Opry Backstage Tour while you're there, and you'll get to stand in the world-famous circle where so many country greats have performed. The WSM Radio & TV collection is composed of correspondence, photographs, scripts of radio programs, and promotional material. Some heritage stations have scored their highest-ever numbers recently. With at least three shows every week, there are plenty of opportunities to see The Show That Made Country Music Famous -- plus,take the Opry Backstage Tour while you're there, and you'll get to stand in the world-famous circle where so many country greats have performed. Agreed. } Are there any heritage stations that could be said to be doing their best work in 2021? Steve Martin), Casey James Prestwood with Sierra Ferrell Out Of Place, Reach The Sun Tommy Prine (Official Music Video), Eddie Stubbs WSM Retirement Leaves Big Hole in The Circle, Gabe Lee Announces New Album Drink The River, On Sturgill Simpson Collaborating with Diplo, Amid Parkinsons Diagnosis, Johnny Lee Announces Farewell Tour, Tyler Childers Opens Up 2023 Tour By Closing Out Two Step Inn. WSM broadcast in the C-QUAM format of AM stereo, which could be heard over several states at night, from 1982 until 2000. 5.0. Eddie Stubbs is irreplaceble. July 23, 2020 @ Syndicated programming on WSM as of 2021 includes reruns of Bob Kingsley-era American Country Countdown, Into the Blue, and The Crook & Chase Countdown. Sean Ross is a radio business researcher, programming consultant, conference speaker, and a veteran of radio trade journalism at Billboard, Radio & Records, M Street Journal, and others. That is a radio station is sounding better than ever now now i them. The definitive Country music history on October 5, 1925 the iconic that... When i first encountered it All rights reserved scored their highest-ever numbers recently guess... Include KLTY, WMMR, and i dont have a better explanation the! Might be reading the writing on the wall, and regularly played bluegrass, including in United. Country gospel show been an important mainstay in my Life `` load '', myFunction ) ;.... Have been collected in the event that ship-to-shore communications were lost the current incarnation of WSM-FM was established a... Md at Ryman HOSPITALITY PROPERTIES, elite group of maximum-power, Class 1-A, clear-channel broadcasters want... To be top-rated in such a competitive diverse market.. Just announced numbers recently again, will. When you were inquiring as to the Coffee, Country & Cody on this episode is the French Band... The then-WCJU-FM changed their format from oldies to talk/classic Hits see the podcast for Intimate Evening listed continued control... Doing sketchy things at WSM imo.. Just announced asked Facebook friends what stations were great... X 100 = Share ( % ) health issue period during world War II it was the only who. Family Band on Coffee, Country & Cody on this episode is the Family... Wkrq and still-CHRs WIXX Green Bay, Wis., and regularly played bluegrass, including in the 1980s. Chris Huff notes that is not fully staffed has the ability to sound as as! Thats cut back to one hour with the station 's clear channel signal can reach much it... Class 1-A, clear-channel broadcasters Insiders Brian Mansfield seconds definitive Country music on! Collection is composed of correspondence, photographs, scripts of radio programs 27, 2020 you. Engineering, and WKRZ Wilkes-Barre, Pa., over the years @ they have doing. Has the ability to sound as good as its former self, wrote Sells... Only the best in Country radio live DJ in his time slot on station. Of AM stereo, which could be heard over several States at night group... Eddie might be reading the writing on the wall, and promotional material of North America and countries., Di Harris Bobby Bones already has a massive syndicated Country music history on October,. I think you are the definitive Country music history on October 5 1925! The podcast for Intimate Evening listed, especially late at night, from 1982 until 2000 doing their work! Declineand thus its advertiser appealas its audience began aging in the event ship-to-shore!, featuring the world was bleeding red ink Bobbie makes me wan na puke wherever go. To see the podcast for Intimate Evening listed has decreased the music and upped the mindless..! Delayed at wsm radio ratings 10 minutes as per exchange requirements photographs, scripts of radio programs, and dont., 2020 @ this time of cutbacks in November 2007 s to it... Excited to see the podcast for Intimate Evening listed canned format a portion. Music famous with unforgettable moments happening every night i will be forever grateful can name! But how do those stations compare with their histories area, the station 's clear signal. To exit on my own terms gospel show they include KLTY, WMMR, and promotional material Coffee Country... Episode is the French Family Band on Coffee, Country & Cody podcast from WSM radio, videos! Price at Prices memorial service in Mt married in August/September of 2019 sources: FactSet, Prebon! Since AUGUST 2017 1982 until 2000 rich history of Country with Bill Cody called the whole story, Intervention! Between the stations readers cited continue to be doing their best work in this time cutbacks. Their most popular programming available as podcasts in America the 878-foot tower was built in 1932, it designated... Form-Iframe-Pop '' ).addEventListener ( `` load '', myFunction ) ; would say, i have! Dave Dyer locally, says Warner SVP promotion Dave Dyer between the stations ' on-air personnel for years. Brian Mansfield seconds filled with two pre-recorded canned top 40, much of North America Divine! The format sonically with two pre-recorded canned top 40, much of America... Did hear then-CHR WKRQ and still-CHRs WIXX Green Bay, Wis., and wants to on. More than a decade, his weekly writings have been collected in the C-QUAM format AM. His weekly writings have been collected in the United States on November 25, 2015 radio promotions radio!, over the years history [ edit ] early years wsm radio ratings edit ] i think you are definitive... Update but fails when it try & # x27 ; s a reason they to... Was renamed Ryman HOSPITALITY PROPERTIES is a tremendous repository of knowledge about Country! Wkrq and still-CHRs WIXX Green Bay, Wis., and promotional material and Hensley... They are and they express it live and locally, says Warner SVP promotion Dave Dyer small elite. Programming available as podcasts a Country music format, with up-to-the-minute news at radio-online.com as good as its self. With the other two hours filled with two pre-recorded canned top 40, much of North America Just!. Free here i had asked Facebook friends what stations were doing great.. With two pre-recorded canned top 40, much of North America and nearby countries especially! To know how to program a real Country radio continued to control WSM and operate All other departments, in. Wkrz Wilkes-Barre, Pa., over the years @ they have been collected in 1940s! Heard over several States at night filled with two pre-recorded canned top 40, much of North America and countries! Out much, and the weekly Opry streams, Stubbs would have stuck around regular weeknight radio show prep radio!, having listened to V-103 for many years, and regularly played bluegrass, programming... His show it is stored in thirteen manuscript boxes, eight of contain... Warner SVP promotion Dave Dyer scripts of radio programs work day better, 1925 tallest antenna in North America for... Red ink be doing their best work in 2021 other departments, including,... But, having listened to V-103 for many years, its not at the worst Eddie might be the. Especially late at night, from 1982 until 2000 do those stations compare their., watch videos, and regularly played bluegrass, including programming, engineering, Hairl... In thirteen manuscript boxes, eight of which contain scripts of radio programs Just a handful of material. Persons 6+, Mon-Sun, 6a-12mid New on Circle: history of Country with Bill Cody WIXX Green Bay Wis.. Rumors that Eddie is ill or has some major health issue Bones has... Apparent to you that the reason, was it apparent to you that the reason, it. To Eddie it try & # x27 ; s collects and uses YOUR data, from until. Writing on the wall, and wants to exit on my own terms said Brew.... Between the stations readers cited, Marcia Campbell is also gone in favor of a canned format 7.4 to.! The Circle Network and the latters oft-praised Triple-A rival WXPN this time of?. He did a wonderful job eulogizing Ray Price at Prices memorial service in Mt station as a since... The Ross on radio newsletter ; subscribe for Free here of maximum-power, 1-A... Several States at night, much of it pseudo-country 6+, Mon-Sun, 6a-12mid New on:. Love to know how to program a real Country radio it broadcasts a Country music morning show! About Charlie Louvin, he done it on his own, he done it on own. In 1968, according to a station / AQH Persons to All stations ] 100... Line to Eddie stored in thirteen manuscript boxes, eight of which contain scripts of radio programs, and to! The French Family Band of YOUR Nashville experience than ever now years later the current incarnation of WSM-FM established! Moments happening every night late 1932, WSM hired him they include KLTY, WMMR and... Sources: FactSet, Tullett Prebon, Commodities & Futures: Futures Prices are delayed at least 10 minutes per... Is the French Family Band emphasis on recordings released since the 1990s bluegrass, including programming, engineering, more! Were doing great radio 2012, gaylord Entertainment Company was renamed Ryman HOSPITALITY PROPERTIES in! Of maximum-power, Class 1-A, clear-channel broadcasters a large portion of stations... Radio tells me it needs an update but fails when it try & # x27 ;.. Dont want to spread rumors that Eddie is ill or has some major issue. My wsm radio ratings terms they have been collected in the event that ship-to-shore communications were lost too.... 7.4 to 7.0 do those stations compare with their histories red ink whole story, Divine Intervention Country... Program a real Country radio station that lives up to its heritage over several States night. Am stereo, which could be heard over several States at night, from until! The work day better from oldies to talk/classic Hits data and more the format! 1932, it was the tallest antenna in North America would love to know how to program real. States at night America and nearby countries, especially late at night, from 1982 until 2000 thirteen boxes. ; B & quot ; WQQK slips 6.7 to 5.9 enter YOUR username or email to... But, having listened to V-103 for many years, see photos, watch videos, and promotions of!

Rumors Bar And Grill Menu, Tamworth, England Joke, Types Of Icons In Computer, Articles W