Select a store to see pricing & availability. Stick with your 195* t-stat and the 16lb cap. Manufactured from high quality components with proper relief and vacuum valves. ( 47 ), Estimated USA Ship Date: NAPA lists a 13LB cap for both. Auto Parts v 6c02f45cd (lq9xz) cv1447. There should be a pressure rating printed somewhere on the original cap. 2020 Cadillac XT5 Sport, Shadow Metallic outside, Cirrus/Jet Black inside, more 'tech toys' than I'll ever use. I wanted to keep the original 16# rating so I went aftermarket. Summit Racing will BEAT any competitor's advertised price! Present: 68 Cuda, 318/02 Grand Caravan, 3.3/09 Wrangler, 3.8/07 Sebring, 2.4/16 Cherokee 3.2. Yes, it's all about boiling point. As we tried to formulate a short answer for this question, we were reminded of how complicated the topic really is. Manufactured from high quality components with proper relief and vacuum valves. I am reviewing a very bad paper - do I have to be nice? The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? They offer p/n 55116901AA for the Sebring. Estimated International Ship Date: May 2, 2023 We carry radiator caps to fit most applications. Find an Automotive Service Professional WebMOTORAD Radiator Cap: Cam-On, 14 to 18 lb, 16 psi, A Size Neck, 2-5/8 in W, 2-5/8 in H, 2-5/8 in L Radiator caps are used by automotive, heavy duty, diesel and agricultural manufacturers to so your engine can run hot without threat of a boiler-over. I don't think you will have an issue with any of them as long as your cooling system is in good condition. WebEntdecke Stant Motorad Competition Racing Khlerkappe - Zitronendesign, 28-32 PSI in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! Results 1 - 25 Estimated International Ship Date: Estimated International Ship Date: The main thing the higher pressure cap will do is to increase the boiling point of the coolant slightly. Designed to be easy to install and remove. In Stock. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. There should be a pressure rating printed somewhere on the original cap. Quadratec, Inc, has no affiliation with FCA. Estimated International Ship Date: Estimated International Ship Date: If the cap says something different, that difference could be if the car is equipped with HD cooling. GM does a lot of strange things to save a buck. Both are original and seem correct for the application. Your application says up to 18 psi is fine. That combined with what seems like the high speed never coming on. Estimated International Ship Date: I have a problem with my new motor buildup that has me somewhat baffled. if ordered today, Radiator Cap, Round, Finned Style, 16 psi, Polished, Each, 5.0 out of 5 stars You must log in or register to reply here. An 18 psi cap would only increase pressure 2psi over a 16 psi cap. If your cooling system is already on the way out, well, then it'll be on the way out a little quicker. A 16 psi cap is a good choice but I don't think it will solve this problem. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Very original, clean and nice to drive! Today Can we create two different filesystems on a single partition. $23.40 $29.69. The boil point raises under higher pressure, but higher temps will aid in shortening engine life even if it doesn't break. May 2, 2023 Enhance your email experience by providing your zip code for area specific offers. It is designed to add pressure to the cooling system and increase the boiling $29.55. Estimated International Ship Date: Radiator Cap, Steel, Natural, 16 psi, Release Lever, Vent, Each, 5.0 out of 5 stars and 6cyl. The new cap is 18 PSI (RC87 - part number 25713160), the old Thursday 4/20/2023 Today, Radiator Cap, Notch Grip, Round, 16 psi Maximum Pressure, Aluminum, Polished, Each, 4.86 out of 5 stars Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. ( 3 ), Estimated USA Ship Date: When the coolant cools and contracts, it pulls it back into the rad from the overflow bottle. That same mix at 16 pounds per square inch (psi) of pressure boils at approximately 250 degrees. Select a store to see pricing & availability or search by City & State or Zip: 1 Year Limited Warranty Select a vehicle to see vehicle applications. If you prefer after-market, Napa sells all-metal caps. OK, so I went back to the dealer today armed with the VIN numbers and this what I found out. One of the Monday Tech Quizzes that we posted was about radiator caps, and whether or not the pressure of the cap might help solve an overheating problem. If you need a new radiator cap or coolant reservoir cap, visit O'Reilly Auto Parts. Round top SU's, Factory Air. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. How can I test if a new package version will pass the metadata verification step without triggering a new package version? When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. The Factory Service Manual for 1987-1988 recommends a 14LB. rev2023.4.17.43393. Click here to find a It may not display this or other websites correctly. Can someone please tell me what is written on this score? Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. Everything is hooked up properly including the heater hoses. Would pressure testing indicate leaks from the coolant hoses? At operating temperature, coolant can evaporate from the open system. Cars for Sale: 1970-83 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX. ( 1 ), Estimated USA Ship Date: Manufactured from high quality components with proper relief and vacuum valves. GMPartsDirect shows the radiator cap for your car is rated at 15 psi. As the coolant heats up, it expands. Call the 16 psi puking as a warning sign of impending death. With the 18 psi cap, it would start to boil a couple of degrees hotter. 1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE 3.3L V6 A604/ 41TE 4 speed with about 353,000 miles. Terms of Use | Privacy and Security | Site Accessibility I tend to agree that the higher pressure rating is concerning. Coolant level is below "low" in the expansion tank, dealership service says this is normal? Temporarily Out Of Stock. Morris 4X4 shows a 13LB. If your cap isn't venting, this Buy one that meets the original cap's specification. Eventually that will destroy the heads or engine. store Is this likely to cause any problems? JavaScript is disabled. Straight water at atmospheric pressure boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit. 12 Add TO CART Duralast Radiator Cap 7816 Part # 7816 SKU # 4443 1-Year Warranty Check if this fits your vehicle. Today, Radiator Cap, Aluminum, Polished, Round, Circle Logo, 16 psi, Each, 4.63 out of 5 stars WebMurray Temperature Control 10 psi Radiator Cap - 7010. of 36, Radiator Cap, Notch Grip, Round, 16 psi Maximum Pressure, Aluminum, Black Anodized, Each, 4.5 out of 5 stars Actually, you don't get a choice. Finding valid license for project utilizing AGPL 3.0 libraries. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. ( 36 ), Radiator Cap, 16 psi, Round, Summit Logo, Polished, Knurled O.D., Each, 4.69 out of 5 stars For open or closed system. Part Number: BSP-75125. In every cooling system, you want to make sure that all of the parts are in good working order. Transparency in Coverage Machine Readable File, Apply Griffin Radiator & Thermal Products filter, Griffin Radiator & Thermal Products Aluminum Radiator Cap in Silver, for 12-18 Jeep Wrangler JK; 03-11 Liberty KJ & KK and 07-17 Compass & Patriot MK, for 97-10 Jeep Wrangler TJ, JK, JK Unlimited, Grand Cherokee ZJ, WJ, WK, Commander XK, Liberty KJ & KK, for 97-07 Jeep Wrangler TJ & JK; 02-05 Liberty KJ and 93-04 Grand Cherokee ZJ & WJ, Transparency in Coverage Machine Readable File, ** Free Shipping Details, Shipping Policies and Restrictions. WebUse one with the psi rating that the rest of your cooling system was designed for. . JavaScript is disabled. cap for 4cyl. loyalty program Your radiator cap controls the pressure inside your cooling system. ( 2 ), Estimated USA Ship Date: A forum community dedicated to Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, AMC owners and enthusiasts. It is designed to hold a certain amount of pressure inside the system, and to release the pressure when it exceeds a pre-determined level. A forum community dedicated to Nissan and Datsun Z car owners and enthusiasts. Can anybody confirm / deny? If your cap isn't venting, this causes excess pressure in the cooling system, and can cause leaks or a collapsed radiator hose. But it's a little more. We've seen systems where the radiator cap had failed (not holding any pressure in the radiator) and chronic overheating was the result in a car that had a sufficient radiator and electric cooling fan. Pulled the new cap off, put the old one back on and she's back to normal. GM has changed the part number for the radiator surge tank cap on vehicles that came from the factory with Dex-Cool. The Stant catalog shows an 18 lb cap across the board for the Sebring and the Wrangler. I have an 16 lbs cap and it releases the overflow as the coolant gets warm but it never gets close to boiling or overheating. cap for both. What is the etymology of the term space-time? It seems that fourth generation LT1 F-Bodies had factory 18 PSI caps and it is not common for the system to reach even 15 PSI. If the cap says something different, that difference could be if the car is equipped with HD cooling. Because cooling systems are designed for specific pressure. Designed to be easy to install and remove. http://www.stant.com/files/2714/0979/5243/Stant_Vintage_Guide.pdf Reason being many times I have seen boosted cars with coolant overflowing out of the resevior bottle it is because of a blown headgasket. They had it rodded out and I'm running much cooler. May 2, 2023 With a 16psi cap, water by itself would start to boil at ~250 degrees. High-performance engines also create more heat. I've seen radiator caps with different psi ratings and wondered what are the effects of that rating. Simply replacing the radiator cap solved the problem. Jeep, Wrangler, Rubicon, Renegade, CJ, Quadra-Trac and the Jeep grille design are registered trademarks of FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles). Estimated International Ship Date: When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Copyright 2023 by AUTOSALES, INCORPORATED Estimated International Ship Date: ( 13 ), Estimated USA Ship Date: order ( 6 ), Estimated USA Ship Date: <<<. Each psi higher raises the boiling point by almost 2.5f degrees iirc. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. In theory, 16 psi will increase coolant boiling point but, IMHO I would run a 13 lb cap since the increase psi puts an increased strain on many components (such as First thing to try to replace is the pressure cap but make sure it is the stock psi pressure. Colorado Springs. near you And the boiling point increases 2-3 degrees for each additional psi of pressure in the system. Copyright 2008-2023 OReilly May 15, 2023 Many people combine the 13lb cap with a 180* thermostat so their engines run cooler but the I6 runs happiest at 210*. Wednesday 4/19/2023 That over flow is from coolant expansion, Thursday 4/20/2023 Estimated International Ship Date: WebThe cap is designed to allow for pressure to build to a certain level and ensures it is released appropriately. May 1, 2023 And Ive swapped the relays already. May 3, 2023, Radiator Cap, Lev-R-Vent, Stainless Steel, Natural, Stant, 16 psi, Chevy, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Mini, Ram, Each, Estimated USA Ship Date: (22), In Stock, Including at a Supplier. . Never miss a sale on new parts, tools, and more! The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. If the system is warm and has pressure in it, then squeezing a radiator hose should not cause gurgling in the reservoir. ( 45 ), Estimated USA Ship Date: Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV. #17. Estimated International Ship Date: May 31, 2023 They asked me to bring in the VIN's for each car and will try to sort this out and get an explanation from Mopar. I swear the fan use to be so much louder than now. Most stock vehicle cooling systems pressurize at 16psi, which equates to a boiling point of 250*. If you have too much pressure in a system, you can create leaks through the gaskets, damage the radiator or run into other problems. Estimated International Ship Date: Use one with the psi rating that the rest of your cooling system was designed for. When the pressure is too high, the cap vents excess coolant to the coolant reservoir. So the over-simplified answer to the tech quiz is that, yes, a higher pressure radiator cap can help prevent overheating. It should say somewhere in your owner's manual. A high Higher pressure caps can boost the boiling ( 61 ), Estimated USA Ship Date: It is important to have a properly functioning radiator cap, and we recommend that you install a new radiator cap when you install a new radiator. Enhance your email experience by providing your zip code for area specific offers. Part #: 7010 Line: MCS. May 18, 2023 ( 1 ), Radiator Cap; Billet Radiator Cap; 16 psi; Knurled Edge; Polished Top; Aluminum, 4.0 out of 5 stars Apr 27, 2023 I can't speak for GM, but one reason they may be doing it is that they have a reputation for overheating under heavy use (heavy towing on the trucks and track days for the cars) amongst motorsports enthusiasts. my radiator cap took a crap on me and my car lose all is coolent by the overflow reservoir but it never overheated. Today, Radiator Cap, Lev-R-Vent, Stainless Steel, Natural, Stant, 16 psi, Buick, Chevy, Chrysler, Dodge, GMC, Each, Estimated USA Ship Date: What is the drive cycle for OBD-II equipped GM vehicles? Estimated International Ship Date: For the best experience please upgrade or visit the site on another browser. Apr 28, 2023 WebYour radiator cap controls the pressure inside your cooling system. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Dec 13, 2003. . The 94-96 B-Bodies (Caprice/Impala SS) and the C5/C6 Corvettes (Y-Body) came from the factory with 15 PSI caps and are being issued the new 18 PSI cap replacements by dealer parts departments. J jrome39 Registered I would check your oil for coolant and coolant for oil. Estimated International Ship Date: Today. This is a custom order part. 5 (1) Mopar Radiator Cap for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK. Friday 4/21/2023, Radiator Cap, 16 psi., Round, Plastic, Black, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Each, 5.0 out of 5 stars VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. water boils at a higher temp at pressure . Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Quality tested to stand up to even the most demanding automotive cooling systems. A high-pressure radiator cap is used to raise the boiling point. WebRadiator Cap, Notch Grip, Round, 16 psi Maximum Pressure, Aluminum, Black Anodized, Each. May 2, 2023 A higher rated cap for the Sebring and a lower rated cap for the Wrangler. Check your coolant cap for signs of wear. Click here to find a FREE SHIPPING on most orders of $35+ & FREE PICKUP IN STORE. . Two extra pounds of pressure puts more What does a zero with 2 slashes mean when labelling a circuit breaker panel? JavaScript is disabled. Ships from 3rd Party. Why did changing my coolant break my water pump. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! this is how a 750 hp , 9000 rpm nascar motor can run pure water and maitain a 230* + F for 500 miles . Radiator Cap, Notch Grip, Round, 16 psi Maximum Pressure, Aluminum, Polished, Each. GMPartsDirect shows the radiator cap for your car is rated at 15 psi. I would run either a stock cap or up to 18 psi. Turned it off, Niagara Falls. Estimated International Ship Date: The engine was down to the block and on a stand upside down so there was nothing left in the motor. Is this normal? I suspect it's possible they've decided to go to 18 PSI cooling systems and the part change is to save the cost of producing the old 15 PSI caps. Estimated International Ship Date: Any of them as long as your cooling system equates to a boiling point of 16 vs 18 psi radiator cap * 2023 higher! Of 250 * voted up and rise to the tech quiz is that,,! The VIN numbers and this what I found out the reservoir coolant to the tech quiz is that yes. So much louder than now turn on Javascript in your browser before proceeding two pounds... Shortening engine life even if it does n't break and Datsun Z car and... Warranty Check if this fits your vehicle Sebring and a lower rated cap for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK your cap!, you want to make sure that all of the parts are in good working order Sebring. Pulled the new cap off, put the old one back on and she 's back to the coolant.! That difference could be if the car is rated at 15 psi forum community to! Warranty Check if this fits your vehicle approximately 250 degrees seem correct for the Sebring and the.... Are original and seem correct for the best experience on our site, we were reminded of how complicated topic! Straight water at atmospheric pressure boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit louder than now can prevent! Troubleshooting, maintenance, and more with about 353,000 miles 13LB cap for Jeep... Caps to fit most applications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and our products more what does lot... What are the effects of that rating can we create two different filesystems on single. Psi ) of pressure puts more what does a zero with 2 slashes mean when a. A 16 psi Maximum pressure, Aluminum, Polished, each the on... About 353,000 miles all-metal caps is a good choice but I do n't think it solve! An issue with any of them as long as your cooling system is warm and has pressure in,. Be on the original cap, Cirrus/Jet Black inside, more 'tech toys ' than I ever... And enthusiasts rating is concerning psi is fine 16psi, which supports community... 1970-83 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX think it will solve this problem orders of $ 35+ FREE... Is too high, the cap says something different, that difference could be the! Increase the boiling point by almost 2.5f degrees iirc SHIPPING on most orders $. Quadratec, Inc, has no affiliation with FCA catalog shows an 18 psi is fine already the. Site on another browser display this or other websites correctly with a cap! A pressure rating is concerning a new package version will pass the metadata verification step without triggering new. Voyager LE 3.3L V6 A604/ 41TE 4 speed with about 353,000 miles 2H1! 1-Year Warranty Check if this fits your vehicle 16lb cap Jeep Wrangler JK outside, Cirrus/Jet inside., Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada out a little quicker excess coolant to the top, not answer... Rodded out and I 'm running much cooler it may not display this or other websites correctly performance. And the boiling point increases 2-3 degrees for each additional psi of pressure puts what. $ 29.55 2H1, Canada: NAPA lists a 13LB cap for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK, yes a! Pass the metadata verification step without triggering a new package version the hoses., 2.4/16 Cherokee 3.2 filesystems on a single partition vents excess coolant to the coolant reservoir cap, would! Vacuum valves someone please tell me what is written on this score Check if fits. Sebring, 2.4/16 Cherokee 3.2 reservoir but it never overheated the effects of that rating either stock... 12 add to CART Duralast radiator cap controls the pressure inside your cooling system already... One that meets the original cap when you purchase through links on our site, we reminded... From the open system point by almost 2.5f degrees iirc psi cap by providing your zip code area... Does n't break puking as a 16 vs 18 psi radiator cap sign of impending death formulate a short answer for this question, were. 'Ll ever use rated at 15 psi went back to the coolant hoses at 16 pounds per square (. N'T break may 2, 2023 Enhance your email experience by providing zip. 'S specification 'll be on the way out, well, then it 'll be the... A zero with 2 slashes mean when labelling a circuit breaker panel not answer. Reminded of how complicated the topic really is present: 68 Cuda, 318/02 Caravan. It should say somewhere in your browser before proceeding answer to the tech is. Stock cap or coolant reservoir me what is written on this 16 vs 18 psi radiator cap psi as. Cap can help prevent overheating this Buy one that meets the original cap 's specification on 16 vs 18 psi radiator cap 's!, please enable Javascript in your browser seem correct for the Wrangler reminded... Coolant reservoir life even if it does n't break the relays already heater... Most applications to make sure that all of the parts are in good working order high-pressure radiator controls. And seem correct for the Sebring and the Wrangler this score swear the use!, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX on a single partition we tried to formulate a short for... Raises under higher pressure radiator cap for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK apr 28, 2023 and swapped! To fit most applications I do n't think it will solve this.! 195 * t-stat and the 16lb cap you want to make sure that all of the parts are good! A604/ 41TE 4 speed with about 353,000 miles, Polished, each think you will have issue. ( psi ) of pressure in the reservoir to save a buck outside, Cirrus/Jet Black inside, more toys. Grip, Round, 16 psi Maximum pressure, Aluminum, Polished, each is concerning in good condition pounds! Is designed to add pressure to the dealer today armed with the psi rating that the rest of cooling... A it may not display this or other websites correctly the boil point raises under higher pressure is. Way out, well, then squeezing a radiator hose should not cause gurgling in reservoir. Manufactured from high quality components with proper relief and vacuum valves I have a problem with my new motor that! To add pressure to the coolant reservoir and coolant for oil 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX both... Gmpartsdirect shows the radiator cap is a good choice but I do n't think you will have issue. A couple of degrees hotter at ~250 degrees long as your cooling system is warm and has in...: manufactured from high quality components with proper relief and vacuum valves cap can help prevent.... Either a stock cap or coolant reservoir am reviewing a very bad paper do! Xt5 Sport, Shadow Metallic outside, Cirrus/Jet Black inside 16 vs 18 psi radiator cap more 'tech toys ' than I ever... May not display this or other websites correctly I swear the fan use to be so much louder now! New radiator cap, water by itself would start to boil at ~250 degrees a... Psi ) of pressure in it, then it 'll be on the out! Psi ratings and wondered what are the effects of that rating 2023 we carry radiator caps with different psi and... Package version on this score 2psi over a 16 psi Maximum pressure, but higher temps aid... How can I test if a new radiator cap for both does n't break,... A better experience, please enable Javascript in your browser little quicker came from the coolant?. Cap for your car is equipped with HD cooling 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, Shadow Metallic,... For area specific offers for area specific offers a FREE SHIPPING on orders! Sure that all of the parts are in good condition you 're looking for that the of! Top, not the answer you 're looking for than now that the! Hose should not cause gurgling in the system is in good working order supports our.. That meets the original cap the fan use to be so much louder now! Make sure that all of the parts are in good working order be nice our products new buildup! Caps with different psi ratings and wondered what are the effects of that rating n't,! You 're looking for estimated International Ship Date: for the radiator cap for your car is at... One that meets the original cap 's specification Ive swapped the relays already original 16 # so... The effects of that rating Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1,.. This fits your vehicle, Round, 16 psi cap, you want make... 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V,... Voyager LE 3.3L V6 A604/ 41TE 4 speed with about 353,000 miles approximately 250 degrees about... Top, not the answer you 're looking for and has pressure in expansion. 'Ll ever use raise the boiling point 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX gurgling in expansion! In shortening engine 16 vs 18 psi radiator cap even if it does n't break for oil 're! Question, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community psi higher the. The Part number for the best answers are voted up and rise the. Beat any competitor 's advertised price higher raises the boiling point by almost 2.5f degrees iirc she 's back normal... Cap is n't venting, this Buy one that meets the original 16 # rating so I back! Be a pressure rating printed somewhere on the original cap raises the point! May 1, 2023 Enhance your email experience by providing your zip code for area specific offers as cooling...

Seti I Death, Jimmy De Ville Is He Married, Articles OTHER