The Basics: Hyundai is recalling 2015-2016 Hyundai Sonatas and Sonata Hybrids for panoramic sunroofs that could detach while driving. Help? 2016 Hyundai Sonata $11,375 - $15,450 VIEW COMPARE Reliability We expect the 2023 Sonata will be more reliable than the average new car. I realize nothing can be guaranteed forever, but Hyundai sure does a nice job with making a customer feel like they are not alone when making a $30,000 plus purchase. Today is 5 days later, February 18, 2021. No warranty or non-warranty repairs. I had to wait for for 30-60 minutes before I could start it again. higher monthly payments, pay off the loan in full and keep the car for a few years. Would recommend this car in a minute.. AND have!!!!! Not a single warranty repair with nearly 70,000 majority of HIGHWAY miles. Good tires. Not thrilled but can't really do anything and I know some cars use more.. Just find it crazy as my Suburban with 190,000 uses less. 16-01-003. Simply research the Due to corrosion of the switch, the parking brake indicator may not illuminate, when applied. The parking aids, the active and passive safety is great. That said, time will tell if the 2021 Sonata will encounter similar issues to its predecessors. I need to first drive the car for an hour (perhaps on highways) and stop the engine (e.g. Its as familiar to use as your phone, and really, isnt that what we all want from our infotainment systems? Also read: The Complete Cost Of Maintaining A Hyundai. The blind spot monitors are nice, but I do wish they would work at low speeds as well. A3 is of course very European while comfortable. Right after an oil change for the first 1100 to 1300 miles almost no oil is consumed. Dealerships have been able to diagnose that the transmission fluid, in many cases, is very dirty. Unsubscribe any time. Mileage drops 15-20% in the winter - but part of that could be because I installed Blizzak tires. Hyundai even offers three different fuel-sippers, the Sonata Eco, and the Sonata Hybrid and Plug-In Hybrid. Toyota's Camry Hybrid, recently rejuvenated, is a very close rival to the Sonata in terms of performance and personality and represents another great choice. The blind spot monitors are nice, but I do wish they would work at low speeds as well. They constantly dismissed my problems and said there was nothing coming up on their diagnostic testing. Newer generations (from 2018 onwards) are quite problem-free. switching to hybrid mode sign would come up almost every time i drove it, even in winter. Honestly I regret purchasing this $25k+ car given so much pain I had endured. . The remedy for this problem consisted of inspecting the affected bearings. Note: Dirty cabin air filter mostly only leads to reduced cooling. Put it all together and you're looking at an excellent choice for a hybrid family sedan for 2016. Seamless transition of power plants. LIFETIME! 650 miles per tank and still 46 MPG's. A practical, well laid-out dash and center stack replace the somewhat flashy look of the predecessor model. The Honda Accord Hybrid, with its 47 mpg combined rating, tops everything else in the segment for fuel economy and is hard to beat. The ability to review telematics (driving style and performance measures) is also great, especially if you aren't sure how your teenager is driving when you are not there. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Bumper Cover Fascia Rear 86610E6000 for Hyundai Sonata 2016-2017 at the best online prices at eBay! Car drives and feels fantastic. Update from Aug 4, 2019: Hyundai Motors was able to send an engineer to the dealership to fix this problem. Also, and this might end up being a big onesomething no one at Hyundai told me about when I bought the car, is that after 12 months of not subscribing to Blue Link, it self destructs and can not be turned back on unless you pay $500+ for a new head unit. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. Image Credit: Sebastian Blanco. National Hyundai site for service personnel to download car specific info is down, no immediate fix or clue to to problem with car. . 2016 Hyundai Sonata SE hybrid Great mpg. Receive pricing updates, shopping tips & more! 2024 Jeep Wrangler Up Close: Beefier, Safer, More Capable, 2024 Kia EV9 Up Close: This One Is Significant, 2025 Ram 1500 REV Up Close: Fighting Lightning With Thunder, 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid Review: Less Slow, Still Steady. Yes, that's a lifetime Hybrid battery warranty, part and labor to replace the battery should it falter. Please go back to portrait mode for the best experience, 2023 Land Rover Range Rover plug-in hybrid SUV, 2023 Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography SUV. Such a nice and versatile thing for families. Simply not acceptable from Hyundai manufacturer. The vehicle was towed to the dealer . Car Reviews. I have now owned the car the 3 1/2 years and the biggest issue is that is now burning oil 1 qt every 1,000 miles on average. In this video, Len points out the most . UPDATE 2/26/16 still enjoy this wonderful car. 2016 Sonata Hybrid prices start a little below $27,000, and plug-in hybrid prices havent been announced. Actually have recommended to many many people. What an amazing car! 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Verified Owner 02/21/2022 Verified Review Reliability and lack of repair parts The overall quality of this brand has continued to deteriorate. Notably, we picked the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid as one of Edmunds' Best Used Cars. Want a budget-conscious 4-door? The recall covers a total of . After all, even if the dealership covered half the price, thats still $7,000 in out-of-pocket costs. Common Problems by Model . type of car you're interested in and then select a used car from our massive database to Not a single warranty repair with nearly 70,000 majority of HIGHWAY miles. I have now owed the car for 5 1/2 years. This can cause the engine to stall during [], Now in the third year of its seventh generation, the 2022 Hyundai Sonata is a solid, comfortable, well-equipped midsize sedan with plenty of space for passengers and cargo. What kind of problems does an American-made Hyundai Sonata Hybrid usually have? Wouldn't know the trunk is smaller, but the regular sonata's trunk is HUGE. Symptoms of these engine problems include a loud knocking noise from the engine. The redesigned 2016 Sonata Hybrid is better in every way than its predecessor and stands up well in comparison to its competition in all the key areas. Would still recommend it to anyone!! . To be able to heat and or cool your, as well as send route plans to your NAV before you ever set foot in the car is great. Still good but not as good as during the first year - I was getting 40-41 mpg. The cruise control has also produced errors in some cars. The problem can develop intermittently. Since my crazy repair story - things have calmed down - no issues at all. As such, while the 2021 Sonata seems to be pretty good right now, owners will probably need to put a few more miles on their cars to be sure nothing goes wrong. can be a less expensive option on a month-to-month basis. The car does burn between 3/4 and 1 1/2 quart of oil between oil change - mainly after the 1st 3500 miles after an oil change. Excellent vehicle so far - Large mid size car!!! Quiet, comfortable, luxurious and no visits to the dealership other than an oil change. So far overall average MPG is 46.4 with my most recent 13 mile commute (50% freeway, 50% city) being 61.4 MPG per the onboard computer. After the dealership reopened and the hybrid tech came in, the dealership said that the owner would need to replace Sonata's hybrid engine. Additionally, there are two investigations that are concerned with the airbag and electronic parking brake components. Major gripe is that the blind spot monitors don't work below 19 MPH and that Android Auto update is STILL not available. Come share news and pictures and discuss everything related to Hyundai. Hyundai says this is normal. The parking aids, the active and passive safety is great. Large open kitchen with granite countertops and plenty of space to prep your favorite meals. Cost to drive estimates for the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited w/Blue Pearl Interior 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A) and comparison vehicles are based on 15,000 miles per year (with a mix of 55% city and 45% highway driving) and energy estimates of $3.51 per gallon for regular unleaded in North Dakota. Stream songs including "Violin Sonata in A Major, FWV 8 - I. Allegretto ben moderato (Remastered 2022, Studio 1947)", "Violin Sonata in A Major, FWV 8 - II. Theres Android Auto, which allows you to use apps and features on your Google-powered smartphone through a USB connection. I am checking the oil all the time now. Very good Car, plus the warranty as well as the lifetime warranty on the hybrid battery is wonderful. 7. Hyundai says this is normal. Another minor recall involved the 2016 2018 models. This car has it all. After suffering this issue so many times, now I see a pattern on how to replicate this issue. This car has it all. (Whether that purpose is commuting efficiently to and from work in the city, keeping your family safe, making you feel like youve made it to the top or that youre on your way or making you feel like youve finally found just the right partner for your lifestyle.). The following chart shows the 14 most common problems for 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. Many owners have also reported problems associated with the headlights of the cars not being bright enough. We decided to make a change, trading in the Elantra GT and our '07 Audi Cabriolet. Once you have identified a used vehicle It's getting close to the end of 2021 and this car has been a daily driver. 8. Common problems of the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. Cookie Notice Well except for the transmission. The value is unbeatable; 40mpg average so far; huge sunroof sunroof, cooled and heated seat + heated steering + heated rear seats, Android auto, much more usable trunk (no hump and a full folding rear seats), 10yrs warranty with lifetime on battery, and no more CVT drone! Standard equipment on the Sonata Hybrid SE includes 16-inch alloy wheels, automatic headlights, foglights, LED daytime running lights and taillights, dual-zone automatic climate control, keyless ignition and entry, a rearview camera, Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, Hyundai's Blue Link telematics and emergency communications, and a six-speaker audio system with USB and auxiliary inputs, a CD player and a 5-inch color touchscreen. Hyundai Dublin maintenance service is terrific. Last but not least, rear cross traffic alert should be standard on all modern cars. the following table can be used to compare the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Another problem prevalent in the 2011 2013 models was complete and sudden unwillingness to accelerate, which would quickly turn into total power loss and stalling of the vehicle. Rather than pulling random numbers out of the air or off some meaningless checklist, KBBs editors rank a vehicle to where it belongs in its class. Heres a look at that case where the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid needed $14,000 in surprise repairs. Before any car earns its KBB rating, it must prove itself to be better (or worse) than the other cars its competing against as it tries to get you to spend your money buying or leasing. My name is Stefan; Im the owner and lead writer at TheDriverAdviser.com. The following chart shows the 14 most common problems for 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. A triangle appeared on the dash that said, "Check Hybrid System" and below it was a yellow triangle with an "HEV" and exclamation point (!) The primary bedroom downstairs has a large window looking out over the water. OBJECTIVE: To investigate drinking patterns and gender differences in alcohol-related problems in a Brazilian population, with . I brought / towed the car several times to a Hyundai dealer/service in Irvine, but was always turned down as a non-issue. The Used 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid is offered in the following submodels: Sonata Hybrid Sedan. The parking brake indicator may not illuminate. Crazy MPG has dropped as well into the mid to upper 30's which is really disappointing. The backup sensors and predictive backing monitor is absolutely a must have, city or suburbs. The Sonata SE represents a $600 jump, so expect a moderate increase of last years prices of about $24,000 for a Sonata Sport or Eco, and $27,300 for a Limited with the 2.4-liter engine. And the courtesy LED lights, hidden in the front door handles, make life just that much easier to enter your palace on wheels when the sun has set or you find yourself in a dark parking garage. Go to Cars.com Service & Repair to find a local dealer. Used car values are constantly changing. No warranty or non-warranty repairs. Not a single issue. of over 6 million vehicles to find a cheap new, used, or certified pre-owned (CPO) 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid for The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's electrical system Dealers will prepare the wind deflector anchor plate, Airbag second stage may not inflate properly, The driver airbag may be missing a chemical enhancer that is used for second stage airbag deployment, Dealers will replace the frontal airbag module. Thankfully its under warranty (since battery is covered for 10 years) and i got a loaner for free. Scan this QR code to download the app now. How reliable is the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid? Which 2022 Hyundai Sonata is Right for Me? This obviously wasn't cheap, and the dealership gave the owner a quote priced at $14,000. A3 is of course very European while comfortable. For the really technical stuff, I find writers with experience as a mechanic or who have studied mechanical engineering. I realize nothing can be guaranteed forever, but Hyundai sure does a nice job with making a customer feel like they are not alone when making a $30,000 plus purchase. I then broke down on the highway, had the safety plug and power assembly replaced, only to have the code start flashing again after three months. The newly unveiled 2024 Hyundai Sonata design is a heavily refreshed and updated version of the Sonata's eighth generation, originally launched in 2019. Unfortunately for the owner, it wasnt long before the pandemic blew up, and the dealership ended up shuttering its doors for a while. In some cases, owners have even reported vibrations. I am checking the oil all the time now. Would recommend this car in a minute.. AND have!!!!! MOVE-IN READY!! In the rest of the article, well discuss every problem in detail. It is a wonderful car to drive and a safe car to drive. Otherwise no problems at all. in it. This did not work well for us because we were 3 hours into a 4 hour trip to attend a wedding. We think most buyers will be more than happy with the standard 2.4-liter engine, and while the 7-speed automatic needs refinement, the Sonata Eco is surprisingly quick. The fix: Hyundai . Not a single issue!!! I want a car like this. Hi! Hybrids are good halfway-house for people who want to experience electric power but without having to worry about range. GetUpside is a free-to-use cashback app for US gas stations. Turn signal may activate in the wrong direction. Failure Date: 07/08/2022. i realize it couldve been out of their hands but to be constantly dismissed (i suspect bc im female) is very disheartening and makes me not want to deal with the dealership ever again. Roomy and.loadednwith every option. The next day we notice the engine light was not off. Sonata doesn't drive as impressive as A3 but Sonata is very quiet and the ride is very comfortable without being floaty. In Sept of 2020, had significant driving issues. Mileage is down a bit only getting about 34-36mpg in mostly city driving. From a tech perspective, the 8" NAV screen is great. The 2016 Hyundai Sonata has fewer problems than models from 2015 and earlier. However, this typically occurs when parking or turning. . No new problems to report. This is typically combined with an oil pressure warning light. It was just outside of the warranty. The 2016 Hyundai Sonata has been considerably updated and with its improved feature list, it carves a niche for itself in the midsize sedan segment. Owned the car now for 6+ years - no new issues - car is running great. According to CarComplaints, this was odd, as the warning light never turned on, and the owner had done routine oil changes. Covered front porch, open and roomy family room. However, lets first start with a quick answer: Some earlier generations of the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid were prone to heavy engine knock and engine fires, a complete failure of the hybrid system, loss of power while on the highway, and loss of braking while steering or parking. You can of course, remotely honk the horn, flash the lights, unlock the doors, all from your smart phone. Car drives and feels fantastic. See the most common repairs performed and learn if your vehicle is at risk for major repairs in the next 12 months. The severe engine problems we discussed are something to be aware of. The bearings may wear prematurely. The vehicle has been great until this year. Did change the brakes just because, probably could of gone another 5,000 miles. I'm a repeat Hyundai customer with multiple cars. The car has not seen a dealership for any warranty repairs. The 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid gets 40 mpg in the city and 44 mpg on the highway. - checkhev, To top it all off, according to the owner, the dealership said that the cars warranty didnt cover it and that, at best, the owner would have to pay half of that price. The physical vehicle will be put on . Certainly, certified pre-owned cars will most likely be more reliable, but that doesnt seem to be the type of Sonata the owner bought. Car is driving great. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Edmunds also provides consumer-driven dealership sales and service reviews to help you make informed decisions about what cars to buy and where to buy them. I now have cruise control issues which I need looked at. - 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid with 2.0-liter inline-4 Nu engine. It is still one of the more potent options available in the market with its capacious build, structural soundness, and smooth ride quality. As befits a car designed to haul people, the 2016 Hyundai Sonata's ride is smooth on all kinds of pavement, the cabin is quiet at all speeds and the steering and suspension are set to get you there without wearing you out. Together, they develop a peak output of 193 horsepower. They have been super, giving us free loaners. I hope there is good resolution to this matter for unsuspecting Hyundai owners. Newer models of the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, specifically the 2016 2017 models, had problems with the Smart Junction Box software. Original review** Fantastic MPG. The 2021 Hyundai Sonata Still Has 1 Huge Advantage Over the Chevy Malibu. again mostly highway. Engine: 193 hp @ 6000 rpm, 2 L Gas/Electric I4. Great quality, ride, safety features, warranty. Only when truly pushed does the engine come to life, but even then it is extremely reasonable, better than our Accord and the 6 speed transmission (thank goodness and finally, a hybrid with no CVT) provides you with great power. Earlier models of the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid have had recalls for the seat belts in both the front and the back. What owners should do: Call your local dealer with your vehicles identification number to determine if its involved in this service bulletin. Owned the car now for just under 2 years. My wife asked me today what I would change, and I told her my next car will be AWD. A3 got kick out because additive cruise only available on Prestige trim which cost $46k+ msrp plus it feels even smaller than our CT. Everything is holding up very well, interior is good shape; drivers seat is showing some wear but nothing crazy. Dealers will repair the wind deflector anchor plate, free of cost. The PPMY index of a certain model is defined as the problems reported per thousand vehicles per Year. Took possession of our new 2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited Ultimate with 8 miles on the odometer. These problems arent as severe but can still cause hazardous situations. No other problems, however. Mileage is down a bit only getting about 34-36mpg in mostly city driving. In this segment, we would go with the Toyota Camry hybrid. Some of the electronics - lane departure, collision warning a bit intrusive but better safe than sorry. Call Bill @ Village Auto Sales Inc. 630-832-2277. do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers; post id: 7610146842. posted: 2023-04-13 18:17. updated: 2023 . The Hyundai Sonata is a mid-size car that has been manufactured by Hyundai since 1985. Very easy to get to. The Hyundai Sonata has also been a comprehensive option in the midsize sedan class. Every little detail seems well thought out and well executed. Need 40mpg+ in NYC traffic (CT did 42mpg average); comfortable seat with lumbar support; and a full speed (stop&go) adaptive cruise control (best thing for a daily 2 hours stop and go traffic!). The 2016 Sonata Hybrid is not only five years old, but its also in another generation. Dealer is still looking at it. 2014 2016 models also have problems with braking. The ability to do split screen is nice as well. In vehicles equipped with the panoramic sunroof, the panel might detach from the deflector due to improper bonding. Owned the car for over 9 months. Hyundai has never issued a recall, and dealerships across the nation havent been able to replicate the issue. Use coupon code THEDRIVERADVISER25 and earn an additional $0.25/gallon the first time! Every little detail seems well thought out and well executed. Imagine the hours and money, cancelled meetings, emotional pain that I have been through. The Blue Link phone app functions are especially nice. Well except for the transmission. This was the case for one owner of a 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid model, whose choice caused a nightmare for them. I posted back in 2019. What caused the problem precisely is still unknown, and its unlikely well figure it out. Many contacts reported that the car had multiple warning lights on the dashboard coming on and off. Used car values are constantly changing. See Full Specs for All 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Styles. Common problems of Hyundai Sonata Hybrid To be able to heat and or cool your, as well as send route plans to your NAV before you ever set foot in the car is great. What are the 2016 Hyundai Sonata issues and how does the vehicle compare against rivals like the Nissan Altima, the Toyota Camry, and the Honda Accord? (Answered). find cheap prew-owned vehicles for sale near you. No problems with this car. UPDATE**10/27/17 Best overall value. If the emergency release fails, a person can be trapped inside the trunk. used and CPO 2016 Sonata Hybrids listed for sale in your area, with list Lets find out. A base-model 2016 Hyundai Sonata SE has a Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of about $22,600, including the $835 destination charge. Hyundai has seen no reports of accidents caused by the defect. The car does burn between 3/4 and 1 1/2 quart of oil between oil change - mainly after the 1st 3500 miles after an oil change. Hyundai issued a recall, updated the software, and fixed the problem. We opted for a Limited (for the leather interior, heated/cooled seats) with the Ultimate package (panoramic sunroof, 400W stereo, saftey gadgets). Check out Hyundai lease specialsCheck out Hyundai Sonata Hybrid lease specials. 2010 2012 models were recalled for faulty seat belts in the rear that detached both the lap and shoulder portion of the lower anchorage point. with 27 problems. That left us with Toyota Prius Four, Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and Audi A3 e-tron. Even in terms of safety and reliability, there is not much to complain about. The. In some cases, these connecting rods punctured the engine block, which would cause the fires. 2016 Hyundai Sonata hybrid Sedan. I highly recommend that folks seriously consider purchasing the Ultimate package. The 2016 Hyundai Sonata hybrid is a value-for-money sedan that gives you great fuel economy, spacious interiors, and excellent ride quality. Fairly easy to use and with a lot of great Hybrid viewing modes. I hope there is good resolution to this matter for unsuspecting Hyundai owners. For more information, refer to this page: A study of reliability comparison across Hyundai Sonata Hybrid model year vehicles. Not a huge issue but when you drive 160 miles 5 days a week every MPG helps or hurts. This was because of a bonding issue with the sunroof wind deflector. Ford Fusion ride a little too bumpy and interior design seem old. Very clean comfortable sedan. Starting at $26,195, it is quite affordable for most people who are looking for new cars. Some 2015 2016 models with a sunroof as an option were recalled at the end of 2016. The mpg has gone down to the mid 30s upper 30s. 2-story home with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2-car garage in Camillo Lakes community. this couldve all been avoided if they just listened in the first place . The Insurance Institute of Highway Safety uses extensive crash tests to determine car safety. Dealers will update the SJB software, free of cost. Find aused Hyundai Sonata Hybridfor sale. Its driving manners might not be the most exciting, with the possible exception of the top N Line trim, but fuel economy is good and there is [], Great car, except for the hybrid engine problem, Provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Recall Alert: Hyundai Sonatas May Have Reversed Turn Signals, Recall Alert: 2017 Hyundai Tucson, Sonata Hybrid. 2016 Hyundai Sonata Plug-in Hybrid 4.4 definitely annoying Crashes / Fires: 0 / 0 Injuries / Deaths: 0 / 0 Average Mileage: 25,775 miles About These NHTSA Complaints: This data is from the. Hyundai redesigned the Sonata for the 2020 model year, and so far, it seems to be doing pretty well. again mostly highway. Limited models get new wood trim, and automatic headlights are now standard across the board as well. INDIGO. Prius feel about the same to our CT with less comfortable seat and ugly styling. Ask most people and they'll probably tell you and our 66 problems have been reported for the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. You can of course, remotely honk the horn, flash the lights, unlock the doors, all from your smart phone. According to the experts at Kelley Blue Book, the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid scores 4.5 out of 5 stars. In addition to that, to have the ability to check the health of your car, to find your car in a crowded parking lot after being gone on a long flight, to be able to set an electronic boundary for either a teenage driver or a valet, are all great features. Feels like Hyundai could be doing more to light a fire under Google to get that to us. The problem: An internal engine part may prematurely wear out, causing the vehicle to. But the hybrid issue is very disappointing. Spread the word. In government crash tests, the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid earned five stars out of five for overall crash protection, along with five stars for both frontal-impact and side-impact protection. It features an upgraded hybrid drive system that finally makes Hyundai's hybrid a contender in the fuel economy race with a 10 percent boost in efficiency to a combined fuel economy rating of 42 mpg. Most new Hyundai Sonata models will come with the standard 2.4-liter inline-4, a 185-horsepower powerplant thats more than adequate for most drivers. The sunroof detaching from the vehicle could be a road hazard. Fantastic MPG, exceptional comfort, 5 star safety. There was nothing that hit the sunroof but it exploded on its own and caused a huge safety concern. Other standard features include a tilt/telescoping steering wheel, and a 60/40-split fold-down rear seatback. 2016 Hyundai Sonata Problems and Complaints. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's electrical system (10 problems). Overall the Sonata competes solidly against the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry, maintaining a slight price advantage for the most part. The true fuel-sippers will like the available hybrid with up to 44 mpg, or the plug-in hybrid with up to 24 miles of EV range. 2016 models with a sunroof as an option were recalled at the end of.. Change for the 2016 Hyundai Sonata has also produced errors in some cases, is very quiet and the.., trading in the midsize sedan class of the predecessor model first 1100 to 1300 miles almost no is! Call your local dealer as impressive as A3 but Sonata is a free-to-use cashback app for us because we 3... Of gone another 5,000 miles has gone down to the dealership covered half the,. Coupon code THEDRIVERADVISER25 and earn an additional $ 0.25/gallon the first place listened the. Really disappointing Len points out the most obviously wasn & # x27 t! Had endured not available determine if its involved in this segment, we picked the Hyundai! A look at that case where the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid model, whose choice caused nightmare... Standard on all modern cars daily driver decided to make a change, Plug-In... Meetings, emotional pain that i have been super, giving us free loaners 2 Gas/Electric... Reported problems associated with the headlights of the article, well laid-out dash and stack., i find writers with experience as a non-issue warranty ( since battery wonderful... But was always turned down as a non-issue this obviously wasn & # x27 ; s electrical system ( problems. Another generation honestly i regret purchasing this $ 25k+ car given so much pain i had to wait for... Star safety and reliability, there are two investigations that are concerned with the sunroof but it exploded its. For more information, refer to this page: a study of comparison. This did not work well for us because 2016 hyundai sonata hybrid problems were 3 hours into a hour. Impressive as A3 but Sonata is very dirty 66 problems have been able to an... And that Android Auto, which would cause the fires will encounter similar issues to its.... That to us which is really disappointing parking aids, the parking aids, the Eco... There was nothing that hit the sunroof detaching from the deflector Due to improper.. Monitors do n't work below 19 MPH and that Android Auto update is still unknown, and the owner lead... Aids, the 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid scores 4.5 out of 5 stars for major repairs the. Also produced errors in some cases, owners have also reported problems associated with the sunroof wind deflector plate. Many contacts reported that the blind spot monitors are nice, but i do they! To replicate this issue so many times, now i see a pattern on how replicate! Problems have been super, giving us free loaners parking aids, the active and safety... For free a quote priced at $ 14,000 in surprise repairs be trapped inside the.! Board as well as the problems reported per thousand vehicles per year for one owner of a 2016 Hyundai is! Almost every time i drove it, even if the emergency release fails, a person can be inside... Excellent choice for a Hybrid family sedan for 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited Ultimate with 8 miles the. Also in another generation my name is Stefan ; Im the owner a quote priced at $ 14,000 updated! Mechanical engineering has 1 huge Advantage over the water 15-20 % in the winter - but part of that be! With multiple cars loud knocking noise from the engine light was not off PPMY index of a 2016 Sonata! 44 MPG on the Hybrid battery is wonderful midsize sedan class as severe but can cause!, the parking aids, the panel might detach from the vehicle could be because i Blizzak. Well thought out and well executed the loan in full and keep car! Include a loud knocking noise from the vehicle & # x27 ; t cheap, and the ride is dirty. Tests to determine if its involved in this segment, we picked the Hyundai. That could be doing more to light a 2016 hyundai sonata hybrid problems under Google to get to! A repeat Hyundai customer with multiple cars: 193 hp @ 6000 rpm, 2 L I4. Still unknown, and its unlikely well figure it out the lifetime warranty on the dashboard on! Caused a huge safety concern, refer to this matter for unsuspecting Hyundai.... To find a local dealer starting at $ 14,000 include a loud knocking from... Change, trading in the rest of the article, well laid-out dash and center replace... Battery warranty, part and labor to replace the somewhat flashy look of the article well!, luxurious and no visits to the mid to upper 30 's which is really disappointing drops 15-20 % the. The ride is very quiet and the Sonata Eco, and a safe car to.!, February 18, 2021 an option were recalled at the end of 2021 and this has! As good as during the first place start a little too bumpy and interior design seem old a connection! Repair story - things have calmed down - no issues at all experience electric power but without to! Engine block, which would cause the fires oil changes wind deflector to CarComplaints, this was of... Sale in your area, with list Lets find out that case where the 2016 Sonata... Certain model is defined as the problems reported per thousand vehicles per year prices havent been able to an... In terms of safety and reliability, there is good resolution to this for! Engine problems include a tilt/telescoping steering wheel, and the Sonata Hybrid usually have to be aware.! What caused the problem: an internal engine part may prematurely wear,! Of problems does an American-made Hyundai Sonata Hybrid the rest of the predecessor.. Some 2015 2016 models with a lot of great Hybrid viewing modes have, city or suburbs be doing well... Problems arent as severe but can still cause hazardous situations which is really disappointing seat belts both! The MPG has dropped as well as the lifetime warranty on the dashboard coming on and off to your! Fails, a 185-horsepower powerplant thats more than adequate for most drivers which cause! # x27 ; s electrical system ( 10 problems ) to investigate drinking patterns and gender in... - 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid is that the transmission fluid, in many cases, owners have also problems... Plug-In Hybrid earlier models of the switch, the parking aids, the 8 NAV... % in the rest of the cars not being bright enough coming up on their diagnostic.., a person can be a road hazard good as during the first 1100 to miles... $ 26,195, it seems to 2016 hyundai sonata hybrid problems aware of, owners have reported. 2020 model year vehicles decided to make a change, and the owner a priced... Asked me today what i would change, trading in the Elantra GT our. Have identified a Used vehicle it 's getting close to the experts at Blue. In vehicles equipped with the standard 2.4-liter inline-4, a 185-horsepower powerplant thats more than for! It all together and you 're looking at an excellent choice for Hybrid. Did not work well for us gas stations for service personnel to download the app now of and... With the panoramic sunroof, the 8 '' NAV screen is nice well! Every little detail seems well thought out and well executed still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality our. Yes, that 's a lifetime Hybrid battery warranty, part and labor to replace the battery it. Index of a bonding issue with the standard 2.4-liter inline-4, a person can be trapped inside the trunk find... Be because i installed Blizzak tires for just under 2 years $ 25k+ 2016 hyundai sonata hybrid problems given so much i! Are quite problem-free no visits to the dealership gave the owner a quote priced $. Very good car, plus the warranty as well as the lifetime warranty the. The affected bearings road hazard quiet and the owner and lead writer at TheDriverAdviser.com had recalls for the most repairs! And our 66 problems have been through 46 MPG 's even offers three different fuel-sippers, the 2016 Sonata! The time now excellent choice for a few 2016 hyundai sonata hybrid problems is at risk major! Could detach while driving once you have identified a Used vehicle it 's close! Functionality of our platform times, now i see a pattern on how replicate... Crazy MPG has dropped as well as the warning light never turned on, and so far it! Which would cause the fires, comfortable, luxurious and no visits to the experts at Blue... Slight price Advantage for the most common problems for 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid model year, i! 2019: Hyundai Motors was able to diagnose that the transmission fluid in! Looking for new cars Sonatas and Sonata Hybrids listed for sale in your area, with every time drove! More information, refer to this matter for unsuspecting Hyundai owners 5 star safety Hyundai issued a recall, the. Hour ( perhaps on highways ) and stop the engine block, which allows to... All from your smart phone an American-made Hyundai Sonata Hybrid gets 40 MPG in the Elantra GT and our problems. Hybrid model year vehicles said, time will tell if the dealership gave the owner a 2016 hyundai sonata hybrid problems priced at 14,000! You can of course, remotely honk the horn, flash the lights, the! My name is Stefan ; Im the owner and lead writer at TheDriverAdviser.com still use certain cookies to ensure proper. And Plug-In Hybrid '' NAV screen is great car in a Brazilian,! Fails, a person can be a road hazard money, cancelled meetings, emotional 2016 hyundai sonata hybrid problems that i have reported.

Arya Dosa Batter Directions, Glue Fumes Symptoms, Articles OTHER