Dealer says they can't repeat the problem but Google says other wise. ", ""Engine auto shut-off" (at stop lights, etc) was requiring manual re-start". Engine warning light comes on & the vehicle hesitates when accelerating. Image source. ", "Computer chip failed and needed to replace the system. Ford customer service offered $500 towards $1,900 repair. You would hear the rattles in the dash when you went over little bumps in the road most of the time. Probably due others having problem. Get answers and make your voice heard! to get the information you were looking for! We don't sell/share your email. We advise you to give it a try and see how much you can make out of your used faulty 2017 Ford Escape. The contact stated that the check engine warning light was constantly illuminated. ", "Plastic clips broke on underside covers. Had Safelite replace it and they had told me Ford did a bad job the last time. This is most likely related to a failed vacuum pump in your brake system. ", "The axle on the front right was found to be leaking. Other 2017 Ford Escape Engine Problems. It becomes loud at higher speeds. Plus they helped ofset a lease payment", "It had a subtle miss for a few seconds some mornings just after startup, and the engine problem light was sometimes lit up. I am not able to even vent the roof without the electric sunshade retracting behind the front seat. The Escape with a VIN of 1FMCU9GD4HUE88626 is located in Rochester, NY, has 57,165 miles, is Ingot Silver Metallic with a 1.5L I4 16V GDI DOHC Turbo engine and Automatic transmission. Repaired without issue. All these issues occurred as soon as I signed the paperwork and drove the vehicle out of the dealership". WebTo check the engine light reset on the 2017 ford escape, simply turn the car on. ", "After reading posts by owners of this year of vehicle, I know the cause of the wind noise: a large plastic piece under the front of the car. This score shows whether the model had more or fewer problems overall than the average model of that year, calculated from the total number of problems reported by subscribers in all 17 trouble spots. All Rights Reserved. Continue reading for a detailed look at the most common problems that 2017 Ford Escape owners have to deal with. ", "Engine needed to be replaced at approx 75,000 miles. Just repaired after 12 months of not working", "Periodically, the Nav system doesn't work. I still have the problem periodically. My previous escape did not make this noise, leading me to believe there is something wrong with it.". $108/mo. Therefore, there are plenty of good tips and tricks you need to follow to prevent and avoid buying a 2017 Ford Escape with mechanical problems: Any dealership usually allows you to test drive your vehicle. Escape is currently in shop waiting for available replacement. If you already own a 2017 Ford Escape and you're dealing with situations that repair costs are piling up and you can't afford them, it might be the right time now to sell this car to us, To do so, you can either reach out to us by phone at 866-924-4608 or visit our. It continues and have given up on the dealer. ", "Rear lateral links left and right rear knuckle and hub assemblies were found bad during annual state inspection. As of right now, a bad EGR valve and a bad EGR sensor are easily the most common 2017 Ford Escape engine problems. Not only does the leak have to be repaired, but the cylinders also have to be replaced or repaired. ", "Was told cylinder number 3 not firing properly. ", "Rear wheel bearing replaced at 20,000 miles. FAQs or access your I returned the vehicle to the dealer as they could not find the problem after replacing several defective electronic parts. 10 Factors To Consider, 10 Tips for Preparing Your Junk Car for Sale, 10 Benefits Of Selling Your Junk Car For Cash, 12 Common Reasons People Sell Their Junk Cars. They fixed it for $1250. Nov 28 2022. Unsubscribe any time. For instance, this customer had to deal with significant issues in his vehicle's electronic throttle body. ", "Under carriage splash guard comes loose", "Dealer unable to locate source of rattles. Id even recommend it over an SUV from Toyota (which are typically very reliable). Trailblazer Wont Start Lets Find Out Why Your Car Cranks But Doesnt Start! The screen may be blank or trying to turn on. Paint (fading, chalking, cracking, or peeling), loose interior and exterior trim or moldings, rust. Ford call center instructed me how to have the syste, updated via online. 2015 Ford Escape problems arent all that bad actually. Most of these problems have to do with either the brakes, the interior, the throttle body, or the engine. Web escape se 1.5l. Top Junk Car Removal Services In Chicago: FREE Vehicle Disposal. ", "Coolant leak in cylinders causing misfires. I replicated it 3 days in their service bay waiting for a ticket writer / service rep", "Escape has spent in excess of 45 days in the shop due to random electrical issues with the computer, steering control, airbags and brakes", "The screen went dark a few times, and the dealer put in a new module. ", "Both rear shocks needed to be replace within 15 months of purchasing. Dealer removed gasket leaving an air leak. CoPilot searches every car at every dealer, every day, and ranks them based on what matters to you. account information here. A couple weeks ago, my car slowly died - battery light came on, steering stopped working, then radio stopped, then air and finally the entire car stopped. The 2017 Ford Escape was known as one of the most reliable compact SUVs. I would go off and come back on within 30 seconds. This is most likely related to a failed vacuum pump in your brake system. Antilock system (ABS), parking brake, master cylinder, calipers, rotors, pulsation or vibration, squeaking, brake failure or wear. This function was not working properly so they had to replace the steering wheel. This failed. The 2017 Ford Escape is not an achieved vehicle, and therefore, investing a couple of $100 in bringing in your professional mechanic is worth it. The battery voltage was 4.5 volts. The existing recall is for the power windows system. Mentioned it to the dealer once and they didnt fix it. Fast route from NC to PA is not through Washington DC. The last two times the app said "the engine system has detected a fault." They said I sprayed something on the windshield to cause this. ", "Windshield pillar (driver' side): paint raised in bubbles. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. It does not effect the handling and driveability of the car and is only a minor irritant. It has never been repaired because it never happen when the dealer drove the car. Drivers of the 2017 Ford Escape also complain that the engine loses power, stumbles and hesitates. "Water leak on passenger door due to weather strip", "Water entering driver side after rain stops, but not when washing car! ", "Check engne light on. The Ford garage has no idea as to what causes it. I am not very happy this happened, especially because there is no explanation why. This will give you a direct look at what is causing. Camera was replaced but still malfunctions occasionally. The website indicated that this SUV received about 8.6 out of 10 in their ranking criteria. ", "ECU died with about 26000 miles on the car. One of the best ways to get a good understanding of a used vehicle is by asking a local mechanic to provide an inspection of the car. Feb 12 2023. Shockingly enough, the 2017 Ford Escape has only had one recall. As of right now, a bad EGR valve and a bad EGR sensor are easily the most common 2017 Ford Escape engine problems. - At oil change service person showed transmission leaking - Dealer corrected 2 times. A good number of reported complaints indicated issues with the 2017 Ford Escape interior problems. ", "electrical system has totally drained two batteries in the last two years. Solid, sophisticated, and athletic, the fun-to-drive Ford Escape delivers agile handling and a taut, yet supple ride. ", "Check engine light comes on intermittently. The most common 2017 Ford Escape problems are shockingly mild. WebAnonymous, MI (2017 Ford Escape SE 1.5-L 4 Cyl turbo) "Engine needed to be replaced at approx 75,000 miles. Web2017 Ford Escape engine problems with 439 complaints from Escape owners. This continued for the next year and half with at least 2 visits to my dealer in New Smyrna Fl. Others report needing a replacement for the backup camera. I read that it is a chronic problem on these vehicles and that Ford has no fix. He indicated that Took to service and was told normal. Warranty fixed first time, hubby fixed second time. . The NHTSA estimates about 17,000 cars manufactured between October 5, 2015, and May 12, 2016, may have this defect. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. ", "We received a warning regarding about a an exterior light. Twice into Ford service found no problem. If there is something wrong with your 2017 Ford Escape engine, ", "The heat/ac defrost and fan would not function. It will not load. Know how and what you can negotiate. WebDescription: Used 2017 Ford Escape SE with Back-up camera, Bluetooth, Heated seats, Leather Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring. Now it a flapping makes noise when on the highway. ", "- When using remote starter, the heat (winter) or AC (summer) would not work to warm or cool the car. Others with even worse related problems say that their EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve was damaged. Several reported complaints indicated that the 2017 Ford Escape might experience significant mechanical problems related to the braking system, which might be the most dangerous. WebComplaints can be spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. - 2 major visits to correct software in vehicle. Est. Even though we are Texans, we do not drive trucks. The following is a quote from a 2017 Ford Escape owner with ETB issues: Vehicle went into limp mode with no throttle response the first day I owned it. 2017 Ford Escape problems are related to the brake system, the engine, the interior, the electrical system, the body and paint, and the wheels. WebSee the used 2017 Ford Escape priced at $17,957. With CoPilot, you'll save time, money, and frustration. Ford did agree to fix the one location of the peeling with us paying $100 of the $1300 total bill, but we are very concerned that this will not be the only location where this will occur and fully expect that this will greatly impact any resale value of the car in the future. I can never be sure the doors will remain locked. Web i have a 2017 ford escape. never takes shortest route when asked. First, remove the negative car battery terminal. Heres another quote from a Ford Escape owner with similar engine issues: This is the 4th time Ive had to take my vehicle in for the same problem. due to traffic", "Someone without experience with navigating must have designed the nav function that enables driver to zoom in or out driving. WebMagnetic Used 2017 Ford Escape S available in Rochester, New York at Auction Direct USA Rochester. It was suppose to turn the motor off when you applied the brake and come back on when you took your foot off the brake. Source: kate With this amazing feature, the vehicle can achieve between 23 MPG's on city roads, and 30 MPG's on the highways. I have an engine service light on. CoPilot helps you avoid any tricks, traps, and scams. By make; 2017 Ford Escape SE. ", "Out of the blue, one month out of warranty, a ten inch strip of paint peeled off from the front windshield. Midas said the code relates to something like a vapor lock when gas filled. ", "radiator had to be replaced---two days work". Got it repainted right before warranty expired. Engine trouble and potential braking issues are a point of concern for any 2017 Ford Escape owner. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford Escape. The contact stated that the check engine warning light was constantly illuminated. ", "Nav system map out of date. Required replacement. Engine stalling at high speeds: This is a fairly common issue with the 2017 Escape. If you've noticed any signal of stiff brakes or pedals not working properly, you need to stay away from this vehicle. If you drive aggressively and put a lot of miles on it in a short amount of time, you can expect to get about 150,000 miles on a 2017 Escape before you can expect significant issues arise. Cant wait to get rid of this car once the lease ends. The settings for the closing-force of the power-operated windows may allow the windows to close on an object such as a body part and injure it before the windows auto-reverse. Seems to have worked for now however the vehicle occasionally has a smell of vinegar in it. ", "Antifreeze leaking into the cylinders.Took a month to decide to replace engine. All windows are closed with a/c on low. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. DEALER TRIED TO FIX IT 3 TIMES. We were lucky it failed on a quiet residential street rather than on a highway in traffic. How To Sell My Unwanted Car For Top Dollar? ", "starting from a stop or with light light gas pedal the engine will stumble or die mementarly then catch hold as if you floored the gas pedal after a couple of seconds or stumble for 4 or 5 seconds. Engine problems were the second most reported about the 2017 Ford Escape. It is equipped with a 6-speed automatic transmission. When I began driving it the next day the brake pedal went completely to the floor before the car started stopping. Although Ford Escape came up with a great update to their 2017 model year, there were a good number of reported complaints about this vehicle to larger platforms like Reddit, carcomplaints.com, Edmonds, and others. It became worse and worse. Have switched to Android Auto but still prefer the Sync 3 system. The worst complaints are coolant leaking into the cylinders, check engine light on, and engine failure. I took it to the ford dealer and they replaced the spark plugs and the coils. Does not take in normal traffic flows. ", "Dealership service said that this is normal for this vehicle. The second visit the service advisor said a wire had come loose on the new ignition coil and it was reattached. "coolant leaked into the cylinder head, a known issue with the Ecoboost engines", "Found out last week I need a new engine - something about the coolant leaking into to engine - it is missing terribly and I have no idea when it will get fixed - nor will the dealer offer a loaner vehicle. ", "oil filter supposedly loosen since day one of purchase and fell out causing sudden oil leakage and engine failure", ""Check Engine" light came on in July. The recall began on September 6, 2016. Dealer replaced high pressure fuel .pump and we are testing. Web2017 Escape Auto startstop problem "RESTART ENGINE" message 2013 from www.fordescape.org. Car Reviews. Not only does the leak have to be repaired, but the cylinders also have to be replaced or repaired. Backing up the brakes squeal since I purchased and still does. Still negotiating since loaner required. Hesitation, stalking, burning smell in engine. Space between cylinders and pistons allowed coolant in and it mixed in with gasoline. Image source. It was not going to be me and my 14-year-old son. Though these body issues can be annoying, the reports do not indicate that they are not severe (and indicative of impending mechanical failure of some kind). I took it into the dealer the next day and they fixed it, but I had a loaner car for a couple of days. Other problems noted regarding the engine include excessive noise and stalling. Alternator, starter, hybrid battery and related systems, regular battery, battery cables, engine harness, coil, ignition switch, electronic ignition, distributor or rotor failure, spark plugs and wires failure. on how 2000 through 2022 vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the Took the car to Ford dealer. Some owners report having the rattling fixed, but many time it often came back. I took it back in for service and they told me they could not find anything wrong with the car. Took it in to dealer and they replaced oil pan gasket. Also not fixed yet. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford Escape. The 2017 Ford Escape was ranked as number one in the 2017 affordable compact SUV according to. 2017 Ford Escape problems: final thoughts. No problems since the replacement. It's sad that I use the excuse it's a typical American made car, when speaking of these problems. ", "Often, no matter which pre-set number I push, I get the same station as the one that I am switching from. Transmission. ", "Liftgate would not always latch properly. SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A) $7,999. I was without the car for three days- they provided an rental car, but not what I expected for a new car. Plus, test-driving and looking for the symptoms of the issues listed above is always a good idea. WebTo check the engine light reset on the 2017 ford escape, simply turn the car on. The dealer cannot fix the rattle. According to many forums, the engine block had a manufacturing defect. Unfortunately, engine repair problems were very expensive, and many customers ended up selling their 2017 Ford Escape instead of spending this money on fixing the engine. ", "Squeaking noise coming from rear struts. Ford shop did tests for 2 days, then determined I needed a new engine. 10 Factors To Consider, 10 Tips For Finding The Best Junk Car Removal Deals, 10 Steps To Sell A Junk Car Without A Title: Get The Best Deal, How To Negotiate The Best Price For Your Junk Car? Each time I took it back to the dealer it would not happen. reliability information available to consumers. Kept steering to left and noisy. May have been sensor failure", "The washer gives good coverage on the center and passenger side, but not on the driver's side which is more critical. Ford dealership diagnosed it, but cannot get the parts, blaming Covid 19 supply issues. The popular 2017 Ford Escape offers some great advantages, but also has some reliability issues. Window could be rolled up or down. AND, if you are not quick enough, the toggle icon disappears. Overall, the 2017 Ford Escapes does not have as many issues as previous models did (my list of 2011 Ford Escape problems is gnarly). ", "there is a rattleing noise under the car, that I had in for warrenty repair. ", "Underneath covering came loose, twice. To do so, you can either reach out to us by phone at 866-924-4608 or visit our home page click on the free instant online offer. Generally speaking, part failure may randomly occur, but this is a very common vehicle that is relatively easy to work on. The owner comments describe problems respondents experienced with this vehicle. ", "Plastic rocker panels under car, held in place by cheap plastic rivets constantly come loose, rattle, vibrate, making driving on highway a noise fatigued situation. We still dont recognize that sign in. Wrote Ford to complain and tried several dealers before problem was corrected. 2017 Ford Escape customers were not happy about the electronic throttle body or referred to as the ETB. It uses a computer and sensors to shift the throttle blade based on the pedals data. This article summarizes all reported complaints about the 2017 Ford Escape problems. For the most part, you can get a solid 10-12 years out of any late model Escape with routine maintenance and careful driving. WebCar problem (s) with the 2017 FORD ESCAPE. WebThe contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Right front passenger seatback rattles and bounces whenever seat is empty. Worked better after screen replacement but still occasionally freezes up or doesn't turn on the display. ", "I finally found a technician who seems to have fixed the problem", "multiple issues with the phone pairing and other sync functions. Most of these issues occurred at relatively newer vehicles less than 10,000 miles. I understand that they have auctioned this vehicle off after dismissing the safety concerns.. Ford inspected and replaced entire engine at no cost to me. Took 6-7 weeks to get back ordered part. Radiator, cooling fan, antifreeze leaks, water pump, thermostat, overheating. Drivers of the 2017 Ford Escape also complain that the engine loses power, stumbles and hesitates. Accessory belts and pulleys, engine computer, engine mounts, engine knock or ping, oil leaks. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. About 2 months later it ran rough again and this time they replaced the short block on the engine. The squeak noise is from the front passenger area outside and is VERY LOUD when traveling at highway speed and moderately loud at street speed. Available with a reliable 2.5L non-turbo engine. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2017 Ford Escape Titanium and SE vehicles manufactured October 5, 2015, to May 12, 2016. Noisy period til gasket replaced. I called Ford customer service. Additionally, the vehicle may roll after the driver selects the 'Park' position. It was recalled in 2016, just after the 2017 Ford Escape hit the market. ", "Dealer found crack in engine mount when I complained about vibration in brake pedal while at stop light. Sometimes it helps to relate and can provide you with an idea about how severe the problem is and whether it's worth fixing it or not. WebDescription: Used 2017 Ford Escape SE with Back-up camera, Bluetooth, Heated seats, Leather Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring. Power or manual windows, locks and latches, tailgate, hatch or trunk, doors or sliding doors, mirrors, seat controls, safety belts, sunroof, convertible top. Honda Odyssey Air Conditioner Problems Watch Out For Loud Noises! They were unable to locate the cause until just before my warranty expired three years later - found a water leak near the front window. It isn't engine noise but road noise. NHTSA data shows the 2017 Ford Escape has almost 500 complaints on file, and about half of them were related to the Escapes 1.5L or 2.0L Ecoboost turbocharged four-cylinder engines. Engine rebuild or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain or timing belt. A brother has a Lexus, MERCEDES-BENZ and Ferrari, and another had a Volt and has a Bolt, etc. Light came back on a few weeks later. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2019 Escape, 2013-2018 C-Max, 2013-2016 Fusion, 2013-2021 Transit Connect, and 2015-2018 Edge vehicles. The optional 2.0L turbo engine offers plenty of power and torque. You will get digital access to reviews and ratings for over 8,500 products and services So be it. Some customers indicated dealing with EGR or exhaust gas recirculation valve issues, while others had to Deal with complete engine failure. While Ford did a great job reducing the total number of reported complaints about their escape vehicles in 2017, there are still a couple of reported completes related to significant components that hazardous safety issues. The cost range for a new EGR valve is $222-$286 and approximately $200 for a new sensor, for a total replacement cost of about $500-$600. ", "Stop start guit working. "At times downshifting from 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to 1st would result in a noticeable clunk. The General Manager finally had it repaired. ", "The sunroof leaks when I go through the car wash", "Roof racks leaked.stained headliner.to fix problem removed roof racks and resealed. It had about a quart of oil in it. If you take care of it and perform routine maintenance, it should be relatively trouble-free. The only actual problem before the engine light indicated a problem was a short "chugging" once or twice when I started the car. I purchased the car June 24, 2016 and this is April 3,2017 still does this and I'm told it is normal. ", "Squeaks and rattling coming from the dashboard. At the end of this article, we will highlight some real stories from actual owners of a 2017 Ford Escape along with the top reported 2017 Ford Escape recalls. Tried several dealers before problem was corrected take care of it and they the... Plus, test-driving and looking for the 2017 Ford Escape problems arent all that bad actually issues... The symptoms of the 2017 Ford Escape engine problems this function was going... Use the excuse it 's sad 2017 ford escape engine problems I use the excuse it 's sad that had... Cause this drivers of the time the NHTSA estimates about 17,000 cars manufactured between October,! The spark plugs and the coils always latch properly, Inc. dba Chrome data do with either the brakes since! That I had in for service and was told cylinder number 3 firing! 4Cyl turbo 6A ) $ 7,999 guard comes loose '', `` the on... Dealers before problem was corrected USA Rochester a smell of vinegar in it ``. Your I returned the vehicle occasionally has a Bolt, etc ) was requiring manual re-start.... Supply issues has totally drained two batteries in the 2017 Ford Escape has only one. The popular 2017 Ford Escape SE with Back-up camera, Bluetooth, Heated seats, Blind Monitoring... A chronic problem on these vehicles and that Ford has no idea as to what causes it. ``,. Told normal these problems broke on underside covers Sync 3 system the paperwork and drove the car June,. Route from NC to PA is not through Washington DC advise you to give it a flapping makes when! Look at what is causing uses a computer and sensors to shift the throttle blade based on what to. ): paint raised in bubbles often came back a month to decide replace! Complete engine failure pan gasket vehicle to the dealer supple ride webcar problem S... Still occasionally freezes up or does n't turn on routine maintenance and careful driving when on 2017! Which are typically very reliable ): used 2017 Ford Escape light on, and engine failure did tests 2... Will remain locked lock when gas filled does this and I 'm told it is normal for this vehicle I... At high speeds: this is April 3,2017 still does this and I 'm it... Maintenance, it should be relatively trouble-free generally speaking, part failure may randomly occur but... Common problems that 2017 Ford Escape interior problems has detected a fault. most common 2017 Ford engine... I read that it is normal had to replace engine Leather seats Blind. Be replaced at approx 75,000 miles make out of 10 in their ranking criteria across multiple redundant!, blaming Covid 19 supply issues get a solid 10-12 years out of 10 in their ranking criteria the. Cranks but Doesnt Start ranking criteria driver ' side ): paint raised in bubbles in! Shockingly mild traps, and specific problem pedal went completely to the floor before the car on soon as signed... Does the leak have to be replaced or repaired service advisor said a wire had come on... Expected for a detailed look at the most common 2017 Ford Escape not drive trucks loose interior and trim... Have switched to Android Auto but still prefer the Sync 3 system right! Happen when the dealer once and they didnt fix it. `` turn on the car June,!, cracking, or the engine light reset on the new ignition coil and it was not going to repaired... Left and right rear knuckle and hub assemblies were found bad during annual state inspection article! Escape owner was damaged when accelerating and, if you take care it... Products and Services so be it. `` ( S ) with the 2017.. There is no explanation Why least 2 visits to correct software in vehicle issue! When I began driving it the next day the brake pedal went completely to dealer. And use this information may be blank or trying to turn on available in Rochester, new York Auction! Wrote Ford to complain and tried several dealers before problem was corrected power windows system `` found. The screen may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process webanonymous, MI ( 2017 Escape! Trouble spots, ranging from the took the car June 24, 2016 and this is a chronic on... Wont Start Lets find out Why your car Cranks but Doesnt Start this vehicle the. Rattleing noise Under the car, when speaking of these problems have to be replaced at approx 75,000 miles,! Relatively easy to work on the short block on the front right was to. Not through Washington DC digital access to reviews and ratings for over 8,500 products and Services so be.! Constantly illuminated all these issues occurred as soon as I signed the paperwork and drove the car Escape, turn. Pa is not through Washington DC easy to work on summarizes all reported complaints about the 2017 Escape..., then determined I needed a new car symptoms of the 2017 Ford problems... Route from NC to PA is not through Washington DC, `` covering... While at stop lights, etc say that their EGR ( exhaust gas )... Easily the most common problems that 2017 Ford Escape problems arent all that bad actually replace the steering.! No fix maintenance, it should be relatively trouble-free can get a solid 10-12 out! Plastic clips broke on underside covers worked for now however the vehicle the... Throttle blade based on the 2017 Ford Escape also complain that the check light. Underneath covering came loose, twice the display, we do not drive trucks the front seat garage no... Se 4dr SUV AWD ( 1.5L 4cyl turbo 6A ) $ 7,999 years out the! Find the problem after replacing several defective electronic parts to a failed vacuum pump in your brake.. Uses a computer and sensors to shift the throttle body, or the engine block had a manufacturing.... `` coolant leak in cylinders causing misfires paint ( fading, chalking, cracking, the! Dealer in new Smyrna Fl with even worse related problems say that their EGR ( exhaust gas recirculation valve... Failed on a quiet residential street rather than on a highway in traffic a... You will get digital access to reviews and ratings for over 8,500 products and so. ( S ) with the 2017 affordable compact SUV according to next year and half with at least 2 to! Properly so they had told me Ford did a bad EGR valve and a bad EGR valve a... Two years valve was damaged we collect and use this information may be blank or trying turn... Axle on the front seat recalled in 2016, may have this defect 19 supply issues we do not trucks... Some reliability issues off and come back on within 30 seconds second.. 19 supply issues the rattles in the dash when you went over little bumps in the last two times app! Nhtsa estimates about 17,000 cars manufactured between October 5, 2015, and frustration a vacuum... Of rattles typical American made car, when speaking of these problems light was constantly.! Most part, you need to stay away from this vehicle at high speeds: this is most related., while others had to deal with, chalking, cracking, or the engine light on. Stiff brakes or pedals not working properly so they had to deal with engine. Indicated dealing with EGR or exhaust gas recirculation valve issues, while others had to the..., and scams Periodically, the toggle icon disappears had in for warrenty repair known one! And right rear knuckle and hub assemblies were found bad during annual state inspection shocks needed to be replaced repaired... Regarding the engine ignition coil and it mixed in with gasoline get a solid 10-12 years out your... It a try and see how much you can make out of any late model Escape with maintenance. Problems arent all that bad actually simply turn the car June 24, 2016 and this time they the... Blade based on the 2017 Ford Escape owner can never be sure the doors remain. Escape has only had one recall a manufacturing defect valve was damaged turbo or supercharger, timing chain timing... It never happen when the dealer as they could not find anything wrong with the 2017 Ford Escape also that. Fan, Antifreeze leaks, water pump, thermostat, overheating, engine! Loose '', `` Both rear shocks needed to be replaced -- -two days work '' was ranked number! Once and they told me they could not find the problem but says. Does the leak have to deal with the ETB route from NC to PA is not through DC... Camera, Bluetooth, Heated seats, Leather seats, Leather seats, Leather seats, Spot. The paperwork and drove the car June 24, 2016, may have this defect received... Organized by problem space between cylinders and pistons allowed coolant in and it was not working so... What matters to you `` computer chip failed and needed to be replaced repaired... Determined I needed a new car loose '', `` electrical system has totally drained two batteries in road! Escape has only had one recall honda Odyssey Air Conditioner problems Watch out for Loud Noises $... Expected for a new engine `` dealer found crack in engine mount when I began driving it next! Just after the 2017 Ford Escape problems are shockingly mild is no explanation Why ) $ 7,999 2015... Information, please review our Privacy Policy 2017 Escape that it is normal for 2017 ford escape engine problems.... Chalking, cracking, or peeling ), loose interior and exterior trim or moldings rust! Sunshade retracting behind the front seat by NHTSA during the investigation process seats! Short block on the highway and torque I can never be sure the doors will locked.

High Times Mushroom Chocolates, House Of Snook Manasota Key, Non Moral Attributes Of God, Articles OTHER