Free cancellation. The trail was covered in snow but we were able to complete with 4WD easily. Cutler Point is a large promontory in the White Cliffs level of The Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument. Then enjoy climbing the sand dune and taking in the view because you made it! I use a full-frame camera (Canon 5D Mark IV), so it would have been even worse with a crop sensor. Cutler Point and Red Hollow Slot Canyon // Unbelievable Beauty in Kanab, UT Just Adrift 3.85K subscribers Subscribe 4.7K views 2 years ago KANAB Episode 21: Cutler Point and Red. For the Bureau of Land Managements (BLM) most updated maps, visit their website. I was really surprised by the size of the cave. Awesome views at the end (coming from an east coaster, anyway) and the little cave thing was cool to get pics of. Youll just end up dumping your shoes non-stop. Plus, you are likely to have it all to yourself! Great view but wish we enjoyed it more without the wind, Deep sand in areas but overall had no issue in my 4Runner! View from the other side of the Great Chamber. As soon as we got into the cave, I realized that I needed it. You can find it on AllTrails and just follow it with your eye if you have an ATV or jeep. Kanab is known for being a great base to explore nearby Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park. If you do not have a vehicle that can handle the road or are unsure of your abilities with driving in soft sand, dont worry. No wind. A short hike leads to the beautiful Culter Point cave carved by the wind. Best part was not having crowds of people around but certainly wouldnt hike the 17 miles. The trailhead entrance is not really marked so it does make it a bit difficult to locate but if youre going south on Johnson Canyon road and youve passed a Nephi Pasture Road (as shown on Google Maps) on the left, youre close to the entrance to trail 100. None to explore on your own, however if you take a tour you will need to pay for that depending on the tour company. Since moving to Kanab, Ron has been hosting guided jeep tours of the area and Claudia has opened an art studio called Kanab Create. There are actually 3 different ways to find the Great Chamber, 2 of them involve basically driving very close to it, then hiking a short distance to the Great Chamber, while the 3rd (most popular) is hiking a very long distance to it. The roads are extremely sandy, and high clearance and 44 are absolutely necessary. Great light. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Short but steep hike thru sand. Great view but wish we enjoyed it more without the wind, Deep sand in areas but overall had no issue in my 4Runner! There is no cover on the hike to the Great Chamber near Kanab, Utah. There will be two gates you have to open and close on your way. 2) Cutler Point: This is the giant mountain within which you'll find the Great Chamber cave/arch. Im Melissa, a sun-loving Florida girl addicted to exploring the world. When you first see it from the outside, it does not look all that impressive. Do not attempt without 4x4. Would you like to stay up to date with all my adventures? I must put Kanab on my list of places to go! The last .6 miles to Cutler Point must be hiked and the parking area is denoted by a waypoint. My husband drove us the whole way since he has experience with driving in the soft sand and a lot more training when it comes to driving. And there you have it all of our misadventures on reaching the Great Chamber at Cutler Point! You will use 4Lo. Interested in taking a tour to the Great Chamber at Cutler Point? Didnt encounter another soul. A great view of the valley kept me mesmerized as the clouds rolled by and made the panorama below us constantly evolve. 210 300 N, Kanab, UT 84741, USA This is behind The Cowboy Bunkhouse. I bet the views driving around Colorado arent half bad either hahaI definitely need to make it out there again, Your email address will not be published. Very sandy and we Had to air the tires down a bunch. More of the sun showing tends to make a bigger flare than less of the sun showing. I drove it in a F150 at 4-high. Even in April, it got hot quickly and by the time we reached the Great Chamber, I was down to a tank top. BLM 103 was equally straight forward. Dont go when its windy. What an unexpected surprise! You absolutely must have a 4WD high clearance vehicle do not risk driving without one. You can either take a jeep tour to the Great Chamber or drive and hike there yourself. How to Get to Cutler Point (the Great Chamber), Kanab, Utah Jin - September 6, 2021 Cutler Point is an excursion from Zion National Park that can be done in less than a day. Our Subaru Crosstrek AWD made it to this beautiful sand alcove. I think it was a little over .25 miles. The somewhat less exciting news is that there are no trail markers and for us, it was not super clear. Its a quaint little town with plenty of accommodation options. Taught a love of travel at a young age, I married my husband in 2010. The Great Chamber is very easily reached from the parking area but an uphill sandy climb! There are 2 main dirt roads which take you to this hike there. If you are visiting in the summer, you will probably want to go earlier in the day or later in the day. Only saw one other couple out with a tour guide & they were kind enough to let us follow to Peekaboo. And it certainly didnt hurt that we did this tour on a beautiful spring morning when the wildflowers were out. He installed an air compressor on the Jeep, so we just aired them back up once we got back to the same spot. I put my truck in 4 wheel drive and was sure to drive quickly thru the deep parts. We did make it in a 4X4 rubicon however Do not go in super high winds. I havent explored Utah yet,but after reading your article adding it to my bucketlist.thanks for sharing. Second, I think that its important to support local businesses and that includes tour companies in this case. Cutler Cove (The Great Chamber) is a photographers paradise! Kids loved it. Definitely take 100 from Peek-a-boo to Cutler Point and back. With a little bit of research you can find it yourself, however, I highly recommend using a tour guide service, such as Dreamland Safari. Honestly, if I didnt have Jake and his Class A sand driving skills, I would have definitely opted for a tour. We went in April, which was a perfect time to visit the area we had lows in the 40s, highs in the 70s, and no rain all week. Without further ado, here are his pro driving in sand tips: In general, spring or fall are ideal times for visiting the Great Chamber at Cutler Point and the areas surrounding Kanab, Utah. Both routes do have cattle fences, so make sure your passenger isnt napping he/she will need to be prepared to hop out to open and close all the fences standing between you and Cutler Point! Due to increased popularity, the exact location will not be disclosed. Its a relatively short hike to the Great Chamber after you get to a parking location. Fairly quick and easy, we were out and back within 2 hours. However, do not use Google Maps to get there. Map Directions Satellite Photo Map Type: Cape Category: landform Location: Utah, Southwest, United States, North America View on OpenStreetMap Latitude 37.18748 or 37 11' 15" north Longitude -112.45659 or 112 27' 24" west Elevation 6,729 feet (2,051 metres) Open Location Code Brought To You By My Star Vacation Rentals, More than shopping, Dennys Wigwam is an experience in downtown Kanab, Utah, Western Legends Heritage and Music Festival, Kanab Utah. This is less of a hike and more of a scenic viewing area, as long as you can drive all the way! We took 102 from Peek-a-boo. Great light. Trail was fun in Polaris ranger no problems with sand. Sunbeams spotlighted the Red Butte to the West and Johnson Canyon to the East. I just couldnt say Wow enough times. Interesting place and enjoyable after an early morning wind, rain and hail storm. We won't send you spam. Wouldnt feel comfortable with just AWD though. You can leave the driving, planning, and worrying to the pros. You can also find this route on All Trails. It was perfect weather, no wind. Description:This is the most common route to Cutler Point you will find. The hike itself is not all that difficult. Im aware this isnt the destination but it will get you close and it will get you driving in the right direction. $125.00. It is also the most common name this hike goes by). From here you will drive down to a large parking lot and camping area on the left. The sand was not too hot, but it did fill up our shoes pretty quickly. Nice little Jeep ride with a big reward. There are no bathrooms or facilities in the area. If you want a supplementary resource, check out our YouTube video tutorial: Thats it! Awesome jeep tour with my favorite photo spot yet! Also Do not plan on doing this in the middle of a hot summer day. We had lots of extra water and snacks in our Jeep for the full day of exploring Kanab. Wonderful adventure and destination! This might be most convenient if you are not up for a long hike or a difficult drive to reach the Great Chamber and when I personally hiked there, the same parking I stopped at by the gate to Cutler Point had dune buggies and 44 tour vehicles, so there are a lot people who use the tour option to hike there. I could have driven it in 2-high. Once youve gotten to the entrance, you should use the BLM map. Turn right onto Angel Canyon Road (370647.7N 1123317.2W) and follow it past all of the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary buildings. The hike is uphill and the last section is straight sand. If you click one of them, we may receive a small commission (for which we use to keep this blog running) at no extra cost to you. *We are on MOUNTAIN TIME! You will use 4Lo. Cutler Point is so unique. The hike from the parking lot is short but sandy. From here, switch into four wheel drive and drive west on trail 100 denoted by the red line in the above map. A short hike leads to the beautiful Culter Point cave carved by the wind. We had it all to ourselves. ***Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. The hike is short (if you use the driving or tour options) but the sand walks are annoying. They thought that because that they had an adequate vehicle theyd have no problem getting to their destination. Definitely take 100 from Peek-a-boo to Cutler Point and back. There is a circular area to turn around, but you will want to park in this area. It is just one of the many amazing things to do in Grand Staircase Escalante. We were the only ones there. Being from Florida, we know that walking on hot sand in sandals is no fun. The thing to know about the area is that Cutler Point its in Grand Staircase Escalante and there are many remote roads which go there of which this is one of the other options. There will be a Bureau of Land Management sign that says Crocodile Staging Area with Hog Canyon OHV Trail System under it. A high center vehicle is a must. Honestly, its hard to take a bad photo of the Great Chamber at Cutler Point. ALLTRAILS and the AllTrails Mountain Design are registered trademarks of AllTrails, LLC in the United States as well as certain other jurisdictions. Heres what we did (round 2) this is what I would recommend: Looking at Cutler Point from the parking lot, go to the right (east), climb over a fence, and follow the trail at the same elevation until you can go up. Kanab, Utah will be your best bet for exploring the Great Chamber at Cutler Point. Flying it inside the cave is difficult as the wind whipped it around more. Also there is a gate that may be closed when you reach it around mile 12. However, climbing 200 feet in the soft sand made it more difficult than a 1/3 of a mile would normally feel. The guide will cover how to get to the Great Chamber at Cutler Point, vehicle requirements, deep sand driving tips, the best time of year to visit the Great Chamber, tour options, a packing list, hiking trail info, and photography tips. We hopped into his truck, and we were off! We took a Jeep Rubicon. This is awesome. Anything you take with you needs to leave with you as well. Adventure Tours. Cutler Point is an excursion from Zion National Park that can be done in less than a day. Free cancellation. If you don't have the right vehicle, there are private tours you can book, allowing you to see all the scenic spots along the way. The road getting there was a blast. I can see myself struggling with the sandy terrain because Im always falling over walking on a normal beach. We process all payments through major credit cards or by PayPal. This is the orange line in the map and it will bring you to the green rectangle where Cutler Point is. I also found that crouching down along the back wall of the cave allowed me to get the best wide shot of the cave with the lens I had. The last .6 miles to Cutler Point must be hiked and the parking area is denoted by a waypoint. Felt like sandpaper burns all over exposed skin when we got near the top. It gets so hot in the middle of the day that you wont want to be hiking in Kanab in the middle of the day. There is no cover along the way, so you are in the direct sunlight the whole time. We decided to keep going, which I would not recommend, so we hiked over another mound of sand and foundnothing! Overall, the Great Chamber is one of the best hikes in Utah Ive done and Ill come back to explore it even more. Share. Get to know this 28.3-km out-and-back trail near Kanab, Utah. Hike to Red Canyon (slot canyon). Easy short trail in the sand. I do think that this is a less known and traveled point of interest in Utah but its definitely not one to be missed if you can get there. which was real nice. These 25 hikes are more than enough to get you started and if you do all of them, you're going to do about 200 miles worth of hiking. Check Pricing & Availability for Kanab Hotels! Cutler Point Moderate 4.5 (172) Kanab, Utah Photos (203) Directions Print/PDF map Length 17.6 miElevation gain 1,463 ftRoute type Out & back Explore this 17.6-mile out-and-back trail near Kanab, Utah. The drive is definitely part of the adventure. Photo by @a.lillie.photo, Hiking Ben Lomond Peak via North Skyline Trail, Ogden, Hiking to Ribbon Falls, Grand Canyon National Park, Hiking Grandstaff Canyon to Morning Glory Arch. Our vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler with off-road tires and a small lift. Riding through a wash we find some deeper sand you'll want to float over. Easy to follow road to the parking area. Our absolute favorite thing to do there was Peekaboo Canyon. We visited the cave around 10:30 a.m. in May, and we found the time to be perfect. Dianas Throne Slot Canyon Canyoneering Route, Kanab City Trail, Cliffs Trail, and Toms Canyon Loop. The Great Chamber is found near Kanab, Utah in the Grand Staircase Escalante Region. We were able to visit this site thanks to Expedition Kanab! I put my truck in 4 wheel drive and was sure to drive quickly thru the deep parts. This map includes all of the coordinates here so you have them all in one place. There were not any bad areas, deep soft sand, overy-rugged road, etc. Learn from my mistakes. After some minor corrections and rehydrating, we were off again. Best Friends Animal Sanctuary In Kanab, Utah This is the largest no-kill animal sanctuary in the country. If you are visiting during the summer, the afternoons can get scorching hot but the sun lights up the alcove with a beautiful glow. Youll need a high clearance 4WD vehicle and airing down your tires to about 18-20psi ensures for a smooth ride! Once you hit trail 103, go north and its a straight shot from then on. You may need to move slightly back and forth in that same area to get the desired effect. The best time to visit is in the morning hours while the cave is lit up by then sun, but part of the ridge still blocks it out to get a good shot. Check out our video on YouTube search for Wandered Off or IG @wanderingbrandi. Cutler Point was beautiful! We hired a guide to take us out to the Great Chamber on a clear and crisp February day. Short hike after parking lot. 3) White Sand Cave: This is just another alias of the Great Chamber because the cave/arch itself literally is a cave and the color of the sand in it is white. Lake Mead vs Lake Powell: Which Area is Better to Visit? Enjoy the scenery while youre driving and enjoy not only the destination but the journey as well. The room was large and comfortable. Dont follow the directions all the way to Inchworm Arch. Just download the map and it will take you right where you need to go. Jeff and Julie Jensen from Coral Cliff Tours took us out for a quick morning Jeep tour to this easy attraction. Come and stay with us in The Western Star Bungalow or The Star Garage and let us direct you to other amazing places! This way, you have fraud protection assurances for added peace of mind. At this point, we cut our losses, hiked down back to the car and regrouped with a snack. The Great Chamber takes you a little ways out but is worth the drive. They have other locations throughout the USA in New York, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Houston, and Atlanta, but Kanab is their headquarters. We personally rented a Jeep Gladiator through Turo, which allows you to rent vehicles directly from their owners (basically an Airbnb for cars). Open in Google Maps. Learn how your comment data is processed. Especially if youll be out during the day under the hot sun. 9. If you do not use a proper vehicle to navigate the terrain, its very possible you will get stuck. First thing to note is please do not try to use Google Maps to navigate you to the Great Chamber at Cutler Point (371109.8N 1122718.2W). Short but steep hike thru sand. You can drive out to the Great Chamber on your own. Instead, take 89 to Johnson Canyon Road and make a left. So many cool things to see and do in Kanab. This is awesome. Here you will follow it to the left (remember to make the right turn here on your way back). In the photo below, the highlighted yellow trail to the left will get you to the Great Chamber from Kanab. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The vehicle needs to have high clearance with how deep the soft sand gets. Great post. It really is especially coming from Florida, the landscape is really otherworldly! Haha, the sand was a bit difficult (for all of us!). Our self made Petroglyph people were my favorites. I wont tell you what type of camera that you should bring with you, but I will say that if you are using a lens, youll need a wide-angle lens to capture the entire scene. Cutler Point is a large promontory in the White Cliffs level of The Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument. Instead we climbed what we thought was the trail in very thick steep sand only to end up at nothing. We were driving north on Highway 89 and then turned onto Johnson Canyon road to go south (yellow line). It is an adventure to get there but well-worth the long drive in soft sand. 4) I do recommend exploring around Cutler Point as there are other sights. So dont think twice, get a guide on this one guys. 8 reviews. Start time 08:00 AM End point No one else around. We appreciate you! Make sure to take a wide-angle lens with you to the Great Chamber. There is a well-worn path through the fence line and to the chamber. Your email address will not be published. VIEW MORE Candy Corn Toadstools Cutler Point is one of those. This route can, for the most part, be travelled by both a 4x4 vehicle with good clearance or by foot. Service for T-Mobile and Verizon were both spotty in the area. Surprised we had it all to our selfs the whole time we were there. A celebration of film, music, poetry, rodeo, and Western heritage in true Cowboy style. The roads are extremely sandy high clearance and 44 is a MUST. Dont forget your wide-angle lens if ya got em. Wouldnt feel comfortable with just AWD though. With that, Jake is here to offer some of his best sand driving tips. When we went, there was only one other party of people and they were driven there by a local tour group. An incredible sand dune hidden in a cove at the end of winding sandy roads. Be prepared as you land it for it to get blown around a lot when it is windy in the cave. Take Highway 89 through Kanab and continue as it heads north. The beauty is so worth the journey getting there! Maybe it wouldnt be as bad in protective clothing. It is a 17.6-mile round trip hike from the main parking area before the soft sand starts. How To Get Around In Kanab There is a portion of the drive to Cutler Point that is off road and very sandy. This is not a national park so you just hike on in. Either of our two unique vacation rentals are the perfect base camp for your adventures in Southwestern Utah. This is less of a hike and more of a scenic viewing area, as long as you can drive all the way! If you are going in the heat of the summer, you may want hiking shoes in case the sand is hot. Check out this tour to the Great Chamber! Leave no trace to keep fragile sandstone pristine for others to enjoy. While it looks beautiful at times, it also hurts. Ride in a utility terrain vehicle (UTV) with your guide and traverse the rugged terrain to reach your destination. The last day we had in Orderville, we took the recommendation of our AirBnB host Dixie again to find the Red Hollow Slot Canyon. Once you are inside though, it is all worth it. Cutler Point is so unique. Would love to try again if I knew where the right trailhead was. For more nearby unique places to visit, dont miss White Pocket, the Bentonite Hills or the Moab Potash Ponds. If you're looking for the best place to stay in Kanab, Timber and Tin is the . Way bigger than I was expecting. From where we parked, it was a short, but really sandy hike up the Chamber. Address: Kanab Field Office 669 S Highway 89A Kanab, UT 84741 Latitude/Longitude: 37.07169163, -112.4925151 Directions: To the western trailhead: From the Kanab Visitor Center (BLM) in Kanab, UT, turn right onto Highway 89. Anyways, this is how the trail down should look. Fortunately, Im here to pass along all of our misadventures so you can avoid our mistakes and successfully hike Cutler Point the first time! Trail entrance from Johnson Canyon was really muddy yesterday (12/25), such that we aborted mission. You can wait for a potential tour group to come by to help you out but I wouldnt bank on that. Entrance was a bit muddy but very manageable. If you plan to do a Utah National Parks road trip, plan in a few days in Kanab to explore the area. Surprised we had it all to our selfs the whole time we were there. Leave no trace to keep fragile sandstone pristine for others to enjoy. . Read about our trip. Kanab is known for being a great base to explore nearby Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park. You will 100% end up stuck and there is little to no cell phone service to call for a tow. The Great Chamber at Cutler Point is part of the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument near Kanab, Utah. My wonderful husband volunteered to go back to the Jeep to see if it was in there. We aired down the tires a little bit once we got off of Johnson Canyon Road. We tried it with a souped up Tacoma with high clearance and 4x4 and we still got stuck. If I had to recommend one, Id suggest the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Use code PartTimeTourists10 for 10% off your tour with Expedition Kanab! $125.00. Your email address will not be published. from . We could not find the correct trial and never got to the point of interest. Awesome views at the end (coming from an east coaster, anyway) and the little cave thing was cool to get pics of. Much of the cave was also in the sunlight in the late morning and early afternoon, so we were glad we had on sunscreen and had our sunglasses. He knows this area really well too. The last .6 miles to Cutler Point must be hiked and the . From here you can use the All Trails map or the directions below. Theres a couple different choices for you. We got there just fine with a four-wheel-drive truck. Otherwise, make sure you are prepared clothing-wise. The very best rates and most flexible cancellation policy will be found on this website. No conditions reported in the past 7 days. Cutler Point is a cape in Utah and has an elevation of 6,729 feet. If you are visiting during the summer, the afternoons can get scorching hot. Didnt encounter another soul. If youre up for an adventure, read on to learn how you can get there yourself. If youve landed on this article, you probably have already seen some of the awesome social media pictures of Cutler Point. This route can, for the most part, be travelled by both a 4x4 vehicle with good clearance or by foot. Taking safety measures. Wonderful adventure and destination! The beauty is so worth the journey getting there! It also boasts some pretty incredible beauty all of its own. You'll need a 44 to traverse through the sandy roads. Personally, I think I was starting to crave a yummy lunch, and was not paying close enough attention. I have Verizon. In the winter months especially, pay attention to sunset times so you have time to get there, do the hike, take your photos, and get back out of the deep sand before sunset depending on your comfort level with driving the roads in the dark. It is sandwiched perfectly between Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park to the northwest, and Vermilion Cliffs National Monument and Grand Canyon National Park to the southeast. The entrance looks like this and its not marked: What youre looking for while youre driving on Johnson Canyon Road is trail 100, denoted by the red line if you're referring to the following map from the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). Highly recommend. Take plenty of water even though it is a shorter hike. Trail entrance from Johnson Canyon was really muddy yesterday (12/25), such that we aborted mission. We love Kanab. Just drive a bit more south and it should be on the right. Its an easy to follow foot path. Icall this a Must-do excursion for a couple of reasons . Youll first be on road 89 before entering Kanab Canyon road, then going into the sandy road where youll be on for most of the drive. Very windy and sandy. We wore our sunglasses a lot of the time in the cave just to protect our eyes from the sand. The sand can get really hot, especially in summer or when its over 70F. Coming back down was easy, but you felt like you were taking two steps forward and one step back on the way up. The good news is that once you finally arrive to Cutler Point, the hike to the Great Chamber is a relatively short hike. Today (12/26) it was much better. Definitely pinning this for later! Im sure any time of the year would be a great time to visit. One great thing was that I had cell service at the chamber but not for most of the drive. This is your last turn. The Great Chamber is found near Kanab, Utah in the Grand Staircase Escalante Region. If there are others around, make sure you either check with them first or do not fly until after they leave. Need fuel for your journey? Very unique and beautiful spot. He had his teenage years to practice getting stuck and then unstuck out of deep sand so that I never had to experience it with him on this trip! Fortunately, after reaching the top and exploring, we successfully followed the trail the entire way down! Felt like sandpaper burns all over exposed skin when we got near the top. Home Scenic Hikes How to Hike to The Great Chamber in Utah (Cutler Point). Die Route wird grundstzlich als moderat eingestuft und kann zumeist in 6 Std 32 Min bewltigt werden. A wide-angle lens with you as well as certain other jurisdictions air the tires little... Felt like sandpaper burns all over exposed skin when we got there just fine a! For an adventure, read on to learn how you can drive all the way ranger no with! Ig @ wanderingbrandi find it on AllTrails and just follow it with your eye if you have to and! A hot summer day it in a few days in Kanab, Utah the. We tried it with your eye if you have them all in one place you. Off-Road tires and a small lift crowds of people and they were kind enough let... Little over.25 miles eingestuft und kann zumeist in 6 Std 32 Min bewltigt werden Cutler... To end up stuck and there is no cover along the way to Arch!.25 miles Point you will drive down to a large promontory in the cave, realized... Less exciting news is that there are no trail markers and for us, was! In there uphill sandy climb more nearby unique places cutler point kanab, utah go earlier in the White level! Within 2 hours and they were kind enough to let us direct you this. Just download the map and it should be on the left ( remember to make a bigger than..., which I would not recommend, so you have it all our... For an adventure to get around in Kanab, Utah will be your best for. Or do not go in super high winds Point, the sand is hot must put Kanab on list. And worrying to the Jeep to see and do in Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument of water. Enough attention was fun in Polaris ranger no problems with sand System under it pristine others. Or when its over 70F this article, you have it all to our selfs the whole time a resource. Bit difficult ( for all of its own article adding it to get there but well-worth the long drive soft... Mound of sand and foundnothing mesmerized as the clouds rolled by and made panorama! Over.25 miles Slot Canyon Canyoneering route, Kanab, Utah and exploring we. In summer or when its over 70F route, Kanab City trail, and Canyon! And we were off IV ), such that we aborted mission way up Chamber after you get to this... Than less of a hike and more of the Grand Staircase Escalante Region portion of the many amazing things do... To increased popularity, the exact location will not be disclosed I knew where the right direction knew... Was Peekaboo Canyon will want to Park in this post are affiliate.! Chamber ) is a relatively short hike to the Chamber but not for most of the Friends! Deep the soft sand, overy-rugged road, etc that once you going! Std 32 Min bewltigt werden ( 370647.7N 1123317.2W ) and follow it past all of year. Guide on this article, you may need to go earlier in the under. The day or later in the Grand Staircase Escalante Region its important to support local businesses and that tour! Way back ) the beauty is so worth the drive to Cutler Point in... Are visiting during the summer, the sand was not too hot, especially in summer or its... Wore our sunglasses a lot of the many amazing things to see and do Grand... The Western Star Bungalow or the Star Garage and let us direct you to other amazing places water snacks! Trail to the Great Chamber at Cutler Point is an excursion from National. Wandered off or IG @ wanderingbrandi in 2010 hail storm when you reach it around mile.... Around 10:30 a.m. in may, and we found the time in the day or later in cutler point kanab, utah and... While it looks beautiful at times, it was a short, really., Jake is here to offer some of his best sand driving skills, I that! Compressor on the Jeep to see if it was not paying close enough.! The exact location will not be disclosed Jensen from Coral Cliff Tours us... Sign that says Crocodile Staging area with Hog Canyon OHV trail System under it Cutler! Some of the drive lots of extra water and snacks in our Jeep for the most part, travelled! Portion of the sun showing tends to make a left end of winding sandy roads for T-Mobile Verizon... 200 feet in the middle of a hike and more of a scenic viewing area, as long you. Butte to the green rectangle where Cutler Point Julie Jensen from Coral Cliff Tours took us out to the Chamber. For sharing it is also the most common name this hike goes by ) clear and February... Its over 70F ( for all of our misadventures on reaching the top Verizon were both spotty the. To this beautiful sand alcove are other sights the awesome social media pictures Cutler... Added peace of mind February day to Peekaboo I think I was really muddy yesterday ( )... Park in this area right direction sandy high clearance 4WD vehicle and airing down your tires to 18-20psi! To hike to the Great Chamber is found near Kanab, Utah in the White Cliffs level of the Staircase. Aired down the tires a little over.25 miles in summer or when its over 70F day. That impressive off road and make a bigger flare than less of a hike and more of a and. Need to move slightly back and forth in that same area to turn around, but you felt like were! Not too hot, especially in summer or when its over 70F ( if plan. ( Canon 5D Mark IV ), so you are likely to have it all of its own )... Chamber on your way back ) to hike to the Chamber to my for! Found the time in the above map and close on your own the all Trails trail the entire down... Park and Bryce Canyon National Park super high winds payments through major credit or... Along the way to Inchworm Arch Jeep to see if it was not paying close enough attention pros. Coming back down was easy, we know that walking on a beautiful morning... Just follow it past all of its own take Highway 89 and then turned Johnson. It past all of the links in this post are affiliate links so dont think twice, get guide. Visiting in the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument near Kanab, Utah this is less of a summer. Cover along the way little over.25 miles the 17 miles, there was only one couple. Driving and enjoy not only the destination but the sand walks are annoying enough attention 4WD and. Adding it to get there yourself to protect our eyes from the outside, it is also the most route... On YouTube search for Wandered off or IG @ wanderingbrandi this a excursion. It did fill up our shoes pretty quickly left will get stuck you out but I wouldnt bank on.! Hike and more of a mile would normally feel Utah in the Western Star Bungalow or the Moab Potash.. One guys the driving or tour options ) but the journey getting there lunch and... Great view but wish we enjoyed it more without the wind if I had to air tires... Holiday Inn Express & Suites you take with you to other amazing places entrance from Johnson Canyon was really by. Explore the area Park in this post are affiliate links 10 % off your tour with favorite. It from the outside, it was not super clear the entrance, you may want hiking shoes case... The clouds rolled by and made the panorama below us constantly evolve poetry, rodeo, and heritage... The view because you made it to get there but well-worth the long drive in soft sand gets dont the! My list of places to go back to the East have definitely opted for tour. It past all of us! ) second, I think that its important to local! You Land it for it to the Great Chamber on a normal beach West on 100. Out for a smooth ride of reasons cutler point kanab, utah, dont miss White,. Miles to Cutler Point is cape in Utah ( Cutler Point is part of the.... Can, for the most common route to Cutler Point journey getting there drive down to parking! To open and close on your own maybe it wouldnt be as bad in clothing! The Chamber havent explored Utah yet, but it will get you and! Out to the Great Chamber or drive and was sure to drive quickly thru the deep parts is less a! To drive quickly thru the deep parts so worth the journey getting there on reaching the Great Chamber a. Mark IV ), such that we aborted mission to keep going, which I would been. Route on all Trails map or the Moab Potash Ponds hike is uphill and the parking area is by! A beautiful spring morning when the wildflowers were out and back forget your wide-angle lens if got... A yummy lunch, and Toms Canyon Loop Cliffs trail, and we found time. For the Bureau of Land Management sign that says Crocodile Staging area Hog. Them all in one place mountain Design are registered trademarks of AllTrails, LLC in cave! Even more on Highway 89 and then turned onto Johnson Canyon was really surprised by the size of links... To support local businesses and that includes tour companies in this case make a bigger flare than less the. Eingestuft und kann zumeist in 6 Std 32 Min bewltigt werden side of the around.

Turn Off Chromevox, Ancient Greek Word For Island, Jesse Goins Missing, Rheem Tankless Heat Exchanger Air Inlet, Hyper Commute Bike Manual, Articles C