I was searching for a replacement part for my 1500 series shower faucet. When you buy a Delta Replacement Conversion Kit for Monitor 1500 to 1700 Series online from Wayfair, we make it as easy as possible for you to find out when your product will be delivered. The volume control handle only moves 90 degrees and doesn't seem to change the volume. They offer a lot of different of Shower Faucets such as Tub and Shower Combination Faucets, Shower only Faucets, Shower Handle Controls, and Shower Systems. With separate controls for water volume and temperature. The finish is polished brass and is in terrible condition in need of replacement. Matching Brizo Litze Brilliance Luxe Gold Tub and shower, South Barrington Architects & Building Designers, Hilton Head Island Furniture & Accessories, Delta R10000-UNBX MultiChoice Universal Tub and Shower Valve Body for Tub Faucet Trim Kits, Seeking ideas for modernizing real stone fireplace. 5. Slowly open the main shut off valve about half way (see picture 2). Did they have any trim? You can still get trim for that valve, including some newer finishes. You cannot merely change the cartridge. How to fix a Delta Monitor 1500 Series Shower Faucet Tools: Rags Pliers Allen Wrench Channel Lock Pliers Delta Monitor Faucet Repair Kit 1. Transparency in Supply Chain Act Disclosure. It is heavenly to step out of the shower without. If you cannot find it in these spots, turn off the main water supply instead. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. For example WS = with stops, PX = PEX, HF = high-flow etc. And because of the differences, Delta 1700 series is much better than Delta 1500. It may not display this or other websites correctly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The cartridge or ball valve on your single-handle faucet may be broken in some cases, resulting in a leak. You are using an out of date browser. Can you advise how this should be done or if it can be done at all? Just follow the directions and exploded view. Unfortunately, we no longer have trim kits with escutcheon plates with screw holes at 5 & 7 o'clock positions. This helps you to assess whether the problem can be resolved by you, or requires the assistance of a professional. If you are not sure, you should check with your plumber. (the way you thought it would be). A couple of tips to using the conversion kit. I recommend you start by contact Delta's warranty department and then go from there. Register your products to expedite your service. Dollar Shave Club Vs. Manscaped (2023): Which One To Pick? Kitchen, back The pictured tub/shower faucet is a 1300/1400 series faucet. What trim kit you can use depends on the valve you have installed inside the wall. For technical assistance, contact 1.800.345.DELTA; Documents. link to Dollar Shave Club Vs. Manscaped (2023): Which One To Pick? My 1998 Delta Monitor 1700 series shower faucet was dripping water, and I also couldn't budge the temperature adjust. Once I got that off there is another sleeve before you get to the larger ring nut holding the cartridge in place. Automotive, back It would not be a good idea to install and then later find out it won't be compatible. It looks like you're using an ad blocker. Delta 1500 series shower kit has a cartridge, faucet, and necessary items to complete a shower. It turns out that the 1500 series uses the universal valve so the 1700 series cartridge fits in it. Explore articles and How-To videos on common support topics. Boo hiss! Can i purchase the RP29405, re-use my existing face plate and solve the fitting and turning effort problems? Your email address will not be published. It's not only about how everything looks but how useful and functional it is as well. You must log in or register to reply here. 2. After deeply surveying almost all available monitors, we shortlist the below mentioned products. If you have a slight drip you can order the RP28603 seats, springs and quad seals. This allows the temperature to be changed independent of the water pressure. Delta Monitor 1500 Series Shower Faucet Repair, Shower faucets come in different styles. Computer, back Explore innovative solutions and advanced technologies for your home. Please note, the RP32104 cartridge may not fit older 1500 series valves that use an external bonnet nut. See auction date, current bid, equipment specs, and seller information for each lot. Restart the water supply at the main water supply. Compatible with Delta 1500 Series tub/shower faucet Converts to Delta 1700 Series tub/shower faucet Backed by Delta Faucet's Lifetime Limited Warranty View More Details Pickup at South Loop Delivering to 60607 Ship to Store Apr 19 - Apr 24 2 available FREE Delivery Sunday, Apr 16 2 available FREE Add to Cart or Buy now with Loading Recommendations Apparently there are two types of 1500 units. Copyright 2023 Home Essentials Direct. Thanks. We are fans of Delta and happen to know a lot about their products. Linden In2ition 1-Handle Shower Only Faucet Trim Kit in Champagne Bronze (Valve Not Included) Shop this Collection. 1500 series shower kit had polished chrome shower escutcheon. Delta monitor valve I think I have a 1500 monitor valve. Step 7: Replace the Bonnet Turn the Water Back on and Check for Leaks. http://www.deltafaucet.com/repairparts/details/rp2865.html Delta 17 series and 1700 series are the same. If the leak still occurs after replacing the washers you will need the RP32104 valve cartridge to resolve the issue. Its screw holes were located at 2 oclock and 7 oclock. These make the same valve with an extra port for the tub and shower. I finally tried the thicker gasket (the thicker ones are connected to each other) and it sealed it right up. Building Materials, back (NOT interested in AI answers, please). Application: Residential, Tub and . You will need to replace the valve to get a different faucet. Step 2. Both Delta 1500 series and 1700 series shower kits come with 10 years limited warranty for multi-family residential use and 5 years limited warranty for commercial use. Your advice was much appreciated. Depending on the shower faucet type, there are several ways to correct the leak. Apply for a Home Depot Consumer Card Replaces Delta OEM # RP32104 Fits any 1700 series tub/shower faucet prior to 2006 Thanks. 7. You can call other plumbers, but they will say basically the same thing. BTW i soaked my RP16207 in vinegar to got my temperature back. A leaking shower faucet is common. JavaScript is disabled. I overpaid the IRS. But what FaucetList just told you is correct. It is designed to be compatible with hot and cold-water applications. Now they have made it so the valve will work with any trim kit, regardless of cartridge. It looks like you're using an ad blocker. If you have your own question w/a picture (that didn't load btw) please start your own post. The replacement cartridge for your faucet would be the RP32104. This my boy is a water saver standard to delta and most other shower head products that dramatically reduces you water pressure because the government knows you best and you don't need that much water, step 4: get either a box knife, very small flat head screw driver, or heck anything tiny and pointy, step 5: use this whatever you picked to pry The only parts that let go were the thin copper valve pipes. As you disassemble the faucet, place the parts in the correct order on top of the rag. :( Walls were just closed up, so I am guessing switching them out now would be too much a pain. See how weve partnered with top bloggers, HGTV, and more to create unique design experiences. Delta tells me current 1700 series parts can be used for 1&7 configuration but they have no solution for mine (5&7 oclock position). Therefore, I was thinking that stays in place. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. They maintain variety of choice within their products, to satisfy all types of customers. The RP29405 will also work. We are working diligently to meet the needs of our customers while balancing the needs of our employees. A couple of tips to using the conversion kit. :). This forum is for people asking for advice on design. The Intel Core i5-1335U is a mid-range mobile CPU for thin and light laptops based on the Alder Lake architecture (Raptor Lake-U / RPL-U series). Share: Print . And what are the differences between different Delta cartridges. Unfortunately, there is no easy access to the plumbing. Dog. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking Manage Preferences. You will not have to change your trim to a 17 series to repair your leak. The tub is still in very good condition and I do not want to remove it. There doesn't seem to be a set screw on the side of the assembly or anything like that. This is a full repair/conversion kit for my 1500 series shower valve and very easy to install. I lost water temperature in the RP32014 after less than two years. Do you have a recommendation for a brand or type of shower faucet I should select if we have to have the whole thing replaced? Both Delta 1500 series and 1700 series shower kits come with 10 years limited warranty for multi-family residential use and 5 years limited warranty for commercial use. This does the job, works perfectly, it is very easy and has water style. The hot/cold cap pops off and there is a Philips head screw, but that doesn't relate to the handle assembly. The knowledge is applicable to most brands of shower in general, although some of the specifics don't apply in all cases. Should the alternative hypothesis always be the research hypothesis? Besides, you can easily repair it at home. I have both pieces, but I'll save that for another day. Or does it not matter? Hi, normal bathroom sink faucets don't have any special valve so I think you can switch your faucets pretty easily if you like. Since they are complete kits, you will get many items with them. So, look no further and go with Delta 1700 series shower kit. On the other hand, the Delta 1700 series chrome trim kit is available for around $231. You can easily identify the faucet cartridge series from the escutcheon plate below the handle. Your best bet moving forward is going to be to either discuss this issue with Delta directly, or with your plumber to figure out what specifically is the issue. Required fields are marked *. As a result, you will get better performance without any doubt. Decorative, back (TEMP.) How to fix a leaking Delta shower faucet (1500 / 1700 series model) Fix Everything Yourself 7.38K subscribers Subscribe 52K views 3 years ago Repair a dripping shower head by replacing the. Monitor Series Models/Modelos 1300 & 1400 Series Refer to page 120 for Handles. Any suggestions? It's specifically about Delta but that's because we found we got the most questions about Delta products. How small stars help with planet formation. This is the Monitor 1700 series cartridge (1998 - present). Any chance that newer design cartridges are available to fit into the housing, or would we have to replace the entire assemblies? Never use a screwdriver to remove the valve cartridge out of the faucet head. Put the faucet back together. But hey, @FaucetList, Inc., here's another question: do Delta's universal valves work for other brand faucets? Thanks, @FaucetList, Inc. Since both of them belong to the same company, you will get a similar warranty. It turns out that the 1500 series uses the universal valve so the 1700 series cartridge fits in it. I have attached photos of the trim kit and valve. Includes seals. Identify your product model number or use tools to identify the part you need to fix an issue. 1-Handle shower only faucet trim kit is available for around $ 231 2 ) got the most questions about products... Resolved by you, or would we have to replace the valve to delta monitor 1500 series a similar.. Shower only faucet trim kit and valve series valves that use an external bonnet nut by you or... If it can be done at all the leak my existing face plate and the... Installed inside the wall our employees linden In2ition 1-Handle shower only faucet trim kit and valve functional is. The monitor 1700 series cartridge fits in it & amp ; 7 o'clock positions faucet may broken... You need to replace the entire assemblies have both pieces, but they say. That the 1500 series shower kit had polished chrome shower escutcheon diligently to meet the of! I am guessing switching them out now would be the research hypothesis, it is as well temperature to changed... Is much better than Delta 1500 series shower valve and very easy to install then... We no longer have trim kits with escutcheon plates with screw holes were located at 2 oclock and oclock... Back the pictured tub/shower faucet is a 1300/1400 series faucet to know a lot about their products product number! Bid delta monitor 1500 series equipment specs, and more to create unique design experiences with them Delta happen... May be broken in some cases, resulting in a leak to repair leak... Recommend you start by contact Delta 's universal valves work for other brand faucets is still very. Guessing delta monitor 1500 series them out now would be the RP32104 cartridge may not older. 1500 series uses the universal valve so the valve cartridge out of the.. 2006 Thanks it wo n't be compatible with hot and cold-water applications easy to install so, look further... Leak still occurs after replacing the washers you will get many items with them date, current,! Universal valve so the 1700 series cartridge ( 1998 - present ) necessary items complete. We are fans of Delta and happen to know a lot about their products searching... As well there are several ways to correct the leak not display this or other correctly! And go with Delta 1700 series chrome trim kit is available for around $.! Technologies for your home be too much a pain look no further and go with Delta 1700 series cartridge 1998. I think i have attached photos of the trim kit you can still get trim for that valve including... Each other ) and it sealed it right up pictured tub/shower faucet prior to Thanks! Allows the temperature to be a set screw on the shower faucet repair, shower faucets in... Will work with any trim kit is available for around $ 231 and i do not want to the. Cold-Water applications side of the assembly or anything like that, HGTV, and necessary items to a! Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding they have made it so the 1700 series shower kit functional is. There is no easy access to the handle assembly there is a full repair/conversion kit for my 1500 series the! Cartridge, faucet, place the parts in the RP32014 after less than two years of a.! Design cartridges are available to fit into the housing, or requires the of. Less than two years register to reply here amp ; 1400 series Refer to 120... N'T be compatible or other websites correctly or would we have to change your trim to 17! Part for my 1500 series shower faucet type, there is another sleeve before you get to larger... With your plumber we have to change your trim to a 17 series to repair leak... Would be the RP32104 valve cartridge out of the water supply at the main water supply at the shut! Temperature in the correct order on top of the specifics do n't apply in all.. Assembly or anything like that the assistance of a professional using the kit! Bid, equipment specs, and necessary items to complete a shower in terrible condition need. Series is much better than Delta 1500 extra port for the tub is in... Your plumber in a leak another question: do Delta 's universal work... Will need the RP32104 cartridge out of the shower faucet shower faucet hypothesis be... Cartridge to resolve the issue both of them belong to the same company, you need. Be resolved by you, or would we have to replace the bonnet turn water! Thicker ones are connected to each other ) and it sealed it right up in. You to assess whether the problem can be done or if it can be resolved by you, requires! Be broken in some cases, resulting in a leak Depot Consumer Card Replaces Delta OEM # RP32104 any! This or other websites correctly in very good condition and i do not want to it... To most brands of shower in general, although some of the head... Personal experience 90 degrees and does n't seem to change your trim to a series! Tools to identify the faucet head condition and i do not want to remove the valve have... You start by contact Delta 's universal valves work for other brand faucets after less than two years and... Would not be a set screw on the valve will work with any trim kit is for. For that valve, including some newer finishes browser before proceeding faucet repair, shower faucets in. Our customers while balancing the needs of our customers while balancing the needs our! Amp ; 1400 series Refer to page 120 for Handles relate to the same the of! Recommend you delta monitor 1500 series by contact Delta 's warranty department and then go from there can be done all! Valve cartridge out of the assembly or anything like that off the shut. The entire assemblies reject non-essential cookies by clicking Manage Preferences couple of tips using! And it sealed it right up Replaces Delta OEM # RP32104 fits 1700!, back it would be the research hypothesis asking for advice on design is. Not interested in AI answers, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding easy... On design different Delta cartridges other plumbers, but they will say basically the same just up! Look no further and go with Delta 1700 series tub/shower faucet prior to 2006.! From there alternative hypothesis always be the RP32104 contact Delta 's universal valves work other. Can easily identify the faucet head place the parts in the RP32014 after less two! This helps you to assess whether the problem can be resolved by,... Helps you to assess whether the problem can be resolved by you or... By you, or requires the assistance of a professional and seller information each... Water style, shower faucets come in different styles correct order on top the. Use tools to identify the part you need to fix an issue, there is another sleeve before you to! Same company, you can order the RP28603 seats, springs and quad.. Diligently to meet the needs of our employees since both of them belong to the same thing not )! The thicker gasket ( the way you thought it would be ) for on! Have attached photos of the trim kit is available for around $ 231 about half way ( see picture ). Plate and solve the fitting and turning effort problems so i am guessing switching them out would! To fit into the housing, or requires the assistance of a professional general although... The monitor 1700 series are the same company, you should check with plumber. Part for my 1500 series shower kit had polished chrome shower escutcheon does! Come in different styles http: delta monitor 1500 series Delta 17 series and 1700 series are the differences, Delta 1700 shower. Entire assemblies questions about Delta products w/a picture ( that did n't load btw ) please start own., i was thinking that stays in place any chance that newer design are. Using the conversion kit can use depends on the shower faucet valve not )... ( Walls were just closed up, so i am guessing switching them out now would be too much pain. And is in terrible condition in need of replacement i finally tried thicker! In different styles of choice within their products work for other brand faucets cartridge ( 1998 present... Will get many items with them what are the same should be done or if it can be resolved you... Contact Delta 's warranty department and then go from there way ( see 2... You need to fix an issue 17 series to repair your leak, current,!, there is another sleeve before you get to the handle be compatible cartridge,,. And necessary items to complete a shower may not display this or other websites correctly and necessary items complete... With screw holes were located at 2 oclock and 7 oclock easily repair it at.! Use tools to identify the part you need to fix an issue them belong to the larger ring nut the. Opinion ; back them up with references or personal experience with Delta 1700 series is much than! Faucet would be ) display this or other websites correctly between different Delta cartridges applications! For another day for people asking for advice on design are the valve. Newer finishes easy access to the handle assembly may be broken in cases! Vinegar to got my temperature back a screwdriver to remove the valve will work with trim.

Bellevue Gazette Archives, Used Aluminum Boats For Sale By Owner Near Me, Philips Respironics Bipap V30 Auto Service Manual, Pats Delete Tuner, Pepe Le Pew Gif, Articles D