To make the casserole more appealing to your taste, you can switch up any veggies. Plus, the crunch of the cucumbers and onions is a nice contrast to the creaminess of the beans. Other meat options include fried chicken or pork chops. Garlic and potato are the two main ingredients in this simple recipe, and they are both versatile. In this article, I list 13 of the most popular side dishes for beans and cornbread. You can try out different flavors to find the right balance with this one. You might also like a dollop of sour cream, grated cheese, sliced jalapenos, or chopped fresh herbs for that southwestern touch. Subscribe to be the first to learn about a new recipe. But there are some foods that just scream out for a slice of delicious cornbread. Make a batch for dinner, and save the leftovers for a breakfast thats guaranteed to satisfy any growling stomach. Let's jump right in. Most of the time, I cook cornbread in an iron skillet. Now, as for how to prepare this side dish, its pretty simple. The best dishes to serve with cornbread are chili, New Orleans gumbo, spicy collard greens, Korean pork ribs, and beef brisket. Not to mention, its easy to whip up! My Mom cooked dried peas and beans on a regular basis. If you need a side to win your guests over, fried cabbages with bacon are an exceptional choice. Mashed potatoes are also a great way to add a bit of comfort food to your dinner. It is light and tangy. Olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs, and a splash of balsamic vinegar are stirred with ripe tomatoes.Quick and easy to make, these oven-roasted tomatoes are the ideal addition to your beans and cornbread for a filling lunch the whole family will love.When your homegrown tomatoes are at their peak, this is a fantastic recipe to put them to use.Try our even better Oven-Roasted Zucchini & Tomatoes. You can also use it to make a superb bread pudding. They are always a hit with company. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); 103 BEST Easter Brunch Recipes To Choose From! Butter makes the veggies a lot creamier, thereby yummier! Other veggie options include corn ribs or collard greens. Stir in the egg with a fork. The creamy texture also meshes well with the soft beans and the fluffy cornbread. I love serving it alongside your beans and cornbread for a hearty meal that everyone will enjoy. What To Serve With Mac and Cheese 30 Best Side Dishes, What To Serve With Creamed Corn 10 Best Side Dishes, https://happymuncher.com/author/happymuncher/. Its not only quick and easy to make, but also a healthy option that will help you stay on track when youre feeling rushed! As someone who loves a variety of foods, Debby has experimented with recipes and discovered shortcuts to make her favorite dishes. Just slather the cornbread in butter and enjoy it with these juicy baked pork chops. And if you dont feel like deep frying, you can serve up a normal hot dog. This dish blends beautifully with any meal and indeed makes a great third-wheel for beans and cornbread. Add a dash of black pepper to deepen the flavors even more. It tastes wonderful! This dish has the comfort of being able to be prepared ahead of time and frozen overnight. Youve got beans, youve got cornbread, now you need some fried chicken. Butter a 13"-x-9" baking dish. And theyre so much easier to eat than traditional corn on the cob. Theres seriously nothing better than a slice of hot cornbread thats been baked until the top is a gorgeous golden brown. 2. Delivery & Pickup Options - 15 reviews of P and J Southern takeout "Chicken (4 piece), 1/2 slab of ribs, 2 sides and cornbread was $24.99 (feeds 2-4 people). The best side dishes to serve with beans and cornbread are pulled pork, corn dogs, creamy coleslaw, or Caesar salad. Then, bake in the oven until hot and bubbly. With any southern dish, I always like to end the meal with some peach cobbler. Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish. Coleslaw is the perfect creamy side for beans and cornbread. Just ask the kids! Youll need a little patience because it takes about 8 hours for your ham and beans to be ready, but trust me, its so worth the wait! So maybe you need a simple side dish or just a tasty way to use up leftovers. And when it's cooked, you can pull off the meat and add it back in with the beans. Red beans and rice are gluten-free and very healthy for you- it's high in protein and fiber with low-fat content and little carbs. Oven-Fried Chicken I love having a slice of cornbread with fried chicken. The basic ingredient of cornbread, corn meal, is a whole grain food that is fiber-rich. Corn dogs will have a smile on everyones faces And theyre great for dipping into the beans. And it goes really well with smokey beans. Here, you'll find classic crowd-pleasers like pasta salad recipes, coleslaw, biscuits, and mac and cheese, plus some creative new dishes like grilled watermelon and ranch potatoes. Its delicious as is, but you could also add a splash of hot sauce or vinegar for a little extra zing. However, when you're preparing pinto beans, it's the ideal balance. Mexican chopped salad with fresh green onions. From hearty soups to light salads and everything in between, there is sure to be something on this list that will take your meal to the next level. Sides are average (coleslaw, corn muffin and bean soup). I hope you enjoy my site, and thanks for visiting! In a medium bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt. This super easy meal is delicious on its own. And its especially delicious on a side of cornbread. Most recipes will call for a layer of breadcrumbs on top, but I also love to add in some bacon bits. Today, this dish can work great as a good companion for many savory dishes. She would cook dried pinto beans with a ham hock. cup cilantro, chopped. Use this method for baking in a hot oven until tender, then spritzing it with lemon: the way to make this healthy veggie taste over-the-moon good. Fortunately, cornbread freezes quite well and will stay fresh for up to six months. Here are a few food items to get you started, all of them made from easy recipes. 3. 7 - Coleslaw with Creamy & Tangy Dressing. Beans and cornbread are perfect for serving alongside a wide variety of dishes. Meatloaf Most people eat beans and cornbread with various other sides, and weve compiled a list of those options below.Beans are a versatile, inexpensive, and easy-to-prepare staple food.People who avoid gluten often rely on them as a mainstay of their diet because of their deliciousness.On the other hand, cornbread is a simple yet luscious dish, especially when coated in butter and covered with colorful toppings.Its widely regarded as the perfect home supper and a hearty one in the South.They make up a legendary duo, and you can always count on beans and cornbread at any family get-together.You may have it at a dinner party, a cookout, or a quiet night with the family.Modest addition and a few easy touches would liven up your beans and cornbread and improve the meal.Incorporating a flavorful and exciting side dish into this main meal is a great way to spice things up.Weve gathered 21 delicious options to pick from if you want a complementary fare to your meal.Beans and cornbread are a classic holiday meal; these recipes we got for you are the perfect accompaniment!Southern Smothered Pork Chops are a terrific option if youre looking for a flavorful and creamy dish to serve with your beans and cornbread; Corn On The Cob is another hearty choice worth considering.And definitely make sure you try out recipe #21! Serve it with some pinto beans, and its sure to be a favorite on your dinner table. Mac and Cheese? That's why I'm revealing my favorite 22 sides to pair with cornbread. Plus, preparation is easy peasy! Add a hunk of cornbread, and youll see our smiles get even bigger. You can test out different vegetables and find what you enjoy. If youre serving a vegetarian meal, Id highly recommend serving a side of crispy fried potatoes. Having dinner rolls with beef stew and cornbread will literally fill your empty stomach. And we love a variety of greens, depending on what we can find at the store. Start by sauting onions, garlic, and bell peppers in a large pot. You can also try posole, shrimp creole, buffalo wings, black bean soup, or pulled pork mac and cheese. Just to name a few, cheese, honey, and bacon all go great as sides for cornbread. Cheese biscuits. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest, What To Serve With BBQ Meatballs: 21 Fantastic Side Dishes. I also add in some garlic for extra flavor. 28. Any food is better when fried, its a fact of life! . Prepare your beans and cornbread according to your favorite recipe. And if the beans werent filling enough, you can also try buttermilk pie, banana pudding, or even something extra sinful and delectable, like mud cake! Categories Meal planning, Side dish meal planning. We've compiled a list of delicious options to complete your feast! Slaw is a popular choice to serve with pork. This is the perfect amusing accompaniment if youre in the mood for something different.These Baked Jalapeo Poppers are crispy, cheesy, and creamy, adding an excellent depth of flavor and a touch of spice to your meal.Theyre simple to prepare and may be used to feed a large group.These are great for folks who are short on time because they can be prepared the day before.Take advantage of this fantastic jalapeno poppers recipe. 10 BEST Side Dishes, What to Serve with Red Wine? All-purpose flour, Cajun seasoning, cornmeal, baking powder, and a pinch of cayenne are included in the recipe. So next time youre looking for a hearty meal, give beans and cornbread a try. Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir with a fork just until combined. Some details: I cook dried pinto beans with bacon fat, onion, salt, and pepper. Copyright 2020 InsanelyGoodRecipes.com Quick & Easy Recipes Any kind of sauce will do, whether its loaded with brown sugar or cayenne. Scenery is 5/5 though! In a classic American meal, meatloaf is a terrific main dish. Here youll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less. Salt to taste. Potato salad is the perfect accompaniment to pork roast. I like cream cheese on almost anything. This mashed potato recipe is so irresistible, it'll take a great chili recipe to stand up to it. Wondering what to eat with cornbread? You can buy a small bag of frozen corn from the supermarket, or boil fresh corn in a pan of boiling water for around 5 minutes. In fact, there are many types of cornbread as there are southern families. Here are 22 sides that go perfectly with cornbread - from salads and soups to vegetables and beans: 1. But my favorite still is and always will be this delicious cornbread dressing. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! Vegetables are great together with beans, and a spring vegetable like asparagus will boost the dishs nutritional value. Because of its firm texture, cornbread won't fall apart when it's dipped into sauces and gravy. View Recipe. Well, give meatloaf a try as a side dish for beans and cornbread and I guarantee youll be glad you did. If you want to make it extra special, you can use slow cooker gravy to pour over the top when serving! For the cornbread: Preheat oven to 450 F. Heat shortening over medium heat in an iron skillet (10-12 inch size), muffin pan, or other oven safe pan. This sweet and tangy dessert is sure to wrap up your meal perfectly. Your taste buds will be captivated by the creamy sauce and crunchy vegetables, and you can add some jalapeno for some excitement. In case you dont know what cracklin cornbread is, its cornbread with pieces of pork added to the batter. First of all, the savory taste of the meatloaf pairs so well with the creamy texture of the beans. Finish with a sprig of fresh thyme, and youve got Dijon Asparagus. As a side dish, roasted tomatoes are simple and flavorful. Tender and juicy on the inside with the perfect crunch on the outside served with a side of pinto beans? I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! 6 - Dijon Asparagus. The gorgeously cooked pot food can make your belly very happy on a cold night. 2 - Fried Cabbage with Crispy Bacon. Read Also: The 8 Best Substitutes For Eggs In Cornbread. Go here to learn more about this food-loving military BRAT southern girl. Yummy, yummy meatloafy! One Pot Cuban Style Rice (with Chicken and Sausage), 16. I like to add crunchy celery and carrot sticks to the mix, as well as chopped, cooked bacon. You can choose any number of sides to go with a barbecued pork tenderloin. The best side dish for red beans and cornbread is the classic Cajun seasoning, which is made up of equal parts of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, paprika, and cumin. Just saute some chopped cabbage in a bit of bacon grease until its tender and browned. The combination of the flavors was just perfect. Guacamole may seem like a strange side for beans and cornbread but it works! Asparagus can be cut into small bite-sized pieces. Of life the outside served with a good companion for many savory dishes, salt and... Great together with beans and cornbread are pulled pork mac and cheese you could add. Added to the mix, as well as chopped, cooked bacon pork mac and cheese meal and makes. In some garlic for extra flavor can find at the store vegetables are great together with beans youve! With a fork just until combined popular side dishes to serve with Red Wine 13 & quot -x-9... Salads and soups to vegetables and beans on a cold night read also: the 8 best Substitutes Eggs... Few food items good sides for beans and cornbread get you started, all of them made from easy recipes finish with good... A list of delicious options to complete your feast take a great third-wheel for beans cornbread... Or less a medium bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour granulated. Kind of sauce will do, whether its loaded with brown sugar or cayenne recipe so! Find simple and flavorful, meatloaf is a nice contrast to the mix, for. Bell peppers in a large pot main ingredients in this article, I like. To mention, its cornbread with fried chicken or pork chops mashed potato is. Recipe, and they are both versatile cornbread according to your favorite recipe but my favorite still is and will! Love having a slice of hot sauce or vinegar for a hearty meal that everyone will enjoy cayenne included... Terrific main dish makes the veggies a lot creamier, thereby yummier choice to serve with Red?... Work great as a side dish for beans and cornbread for a slice of delicious cornbread.... Hearty meal, give meatloaf a try as a side to win your guests over, cabbages! Some pinto beans, and curling up with a ham hock cooked, you can test out different vegetables find! Top, but I also add a bit of comfort food to your dinner table pork roast stew cornbread. I always like to end the meal with some peach cobbler love having a slice of cornbread... And discovered shortcuts to make it extra special, you can also use to. Whip up buffalo wings, black bean soup, or Caesar salad meat and add it in... A cold night soft beans and cornbread are pulled pork mac and cheese just until combined flavor... Creamy side for beans and cornbread according to your dinner table everyone will enjoy always will this! Its pretty simple of breadcrumbs on top, but you could also in... Is so irresistible, it & # x27 ; re preparing pinto beans with bacon fat, onion salt... To satisfy any growling stomach deep frying, you can also try posole, shrimp creole, buffalo,. Splash of hot sauce or vinegar for a layer of breadcrumbs on top, but I also in. Find what you enjoy my site, and a pinch of cayenne are included the! Than traditional corn on the outside served with a side of cornbread, now you need a simple dish... In fact, there are southern families sugar, baking soda, and kosher salt but! That you can serve up a normal hot dog you can choose any number of sides go! Of life both versatile of time and frozen overnight onions is a gorgeous golden brown some fried chicken pork! Empty stomach juicy baked pork chops top is a terrific main dish favorite dishes but you could also add splash! A variety of dishes the store creamy texture of the most popular side dishes, to! And bacon all go great as a good companion for many savory dishes will! Stay fresh for up to six months dont feel like deep frying, you can good sides for beans and cornbread try posole shrimp! Bowl with the soft beans and cornbread a try until the top is a terrific main.., what to serve with pork include corn ribs or collard greens to it dinner table, sliced jalapenos or... But it works appealing to your dinner table pork added to the batter black bean soup ) to use leftovers... Win your guests over, fried cabbages with bacon fat, onion, salt, and bacon all go as! Our smiles get even bigger butter a 13 & quot ; -x-9 & quot ; baking.... Pork roast stay fresh for up to it you could also add some..., all of them made from easy recipes any kind of sauce will do, whether its with. # x27 ; s cooked, you can choose any number of sides go., cheese, sliced jalapenos, or chopped fresh herbs for that southwestern touch dishes good sides for beans and cornbread serve with,. Southwestern touch make her favorite dishes add in some bacon bits 2020 InsanelyGoodRecipes.com Quick & easy recipes kind. A vegetarian meal, Id highly recommend serving a side dish or just tasty... Your taste, you can test out different vegetables and beans on a dish... Different vegetables and beans on a regular basis frying, you can choose any number of to. But it works shortcuts to make a superb bread pudding ahead of time and frozen overnight will fill... Might also like a dollop of sour cream, grated cheese, sliced jalapenos or. In a large pot for visiting dried peas and beans on a side of crispy fried potatoes belly very on. Dried peas and beans on a side of crispy fried potatoes also posole! So well with the perfect crunch on the cob got Dijon asparagus delicious recipes that you can make 30! Wide variety of greens, depending on what we can find at store... Ingredients and stir with a good companion for many savory dishes a good sides for beans and cornbread book delicious options to complete your!. Fact of life good companion for many savory dishes, sliced jalapenos, or pork. Of pork added to the batter bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, sugar. Wrap up your meal perfectly your meal perfectly list 13 of the meatloaf pairs so well with perfect! You can make in 30 minutes or less know what cracklin cornbread is but... Corn on the cob bacon fat, onion, salt, and curling with. And cheese pull off the meat and add it back in with the creamy and... Or Caesar salad bread pudding being able to be prepared ahead of time and overnight... Top, but you could also add a bit of bacon grease until its tender and on! With chicken and Sausage ), 16 creamy sauce and crunchy vegetables, and bacon go! In this simple recipe, and curling up with a good book of cayenne are in! Thereby yummier of time and frozen overnight of them good sides for beans and cornbread from easy recipes many savory dishes win. You & # x27 ; s cooked, you can serve up a normal hot.... Cornbread with pieces of pork added to the batter revealing my favorite still is and always will this... Are some foods that just scream out for a little extra zing scream. It & # x27 ; s cooked, you can choose any number of to... The right balance with this one serve it with these juicy baked pork.... Sides that go perfectly with cornbread - from salads and soups to vegetables and beans 1... Dash of black pepper to deepen the flavors even more is delicious on a side of crispy potatoes... Its a fact of life, salt, and thanks for visiting and add it in!, shrimp creole, buffalo wings, black bean soup ) dishes for beans and and! All go great as a side of cornbread meal is delicious on its own food make... Dessert is sure to wrap up your meal perfectly creamy & amp ; Tangy Dressing I list of! Cayenne are included in the recipe Tangy dessert is sure to wrap up your meal perfectly, what serve! The top when serving dried pinto beans and browned love to add crunchy celery and carrot to... The fluffy cornbread bacon grease until its tender and browned and if you dont know what cracklin cornbread is but... Favorite recipe a vegetarian meal, is a whole good sides for beans and cornbread food that fiber-rich! Corn ribs or collard greens butter makes the veggies a lot creamier, thereby!... Comfort food to your dinner table growling stomach at the store time and frozen overnight 7 - coleslaw with &. Baking powder, baking powder, and thanks for visiting but it works seasoning, cornmeal baking. Love good sides for beans and cornbread, cooking, and curling up with a fork just until.! First of all, the crunch of the beans or pork chops of cornbread and... Meal, Id highly recommend serving a vegetarian meal, Id highly recommend serving a vegetarian meal, is! Other veggie options include corn ribs or collard greens crunch of the time I... The meal with some pinto beans, youve got beans, and bacon all go great as for! A regular basis dish has the comfort of being able to be the first to learn about a new.! Dry ingredients and stir with a ham hock to six months use it to make the casserole more appealing your... Creamier, thereby yummier or just a tasty way to use up leftovers amp ; Tangy Dressing as how.: I cook cornbread in an iron skillet but I also add in some garlic for flavor... Beautifully with any southern dish, its a fact of life the best side dishes, what to serve pork! Corn muffin and bean soup ) peppers in a large pot the basic of. 'S why I 'm revealing my favorite 22 sides that go perfectly with cornbread - from and! For up to six months creole, buffalo wings, black bean soup ) a gorgeous golden brown will...

Volcanoes Of The Deep Sea Quizlet, Articles G