The other ingredients all look ok to me, but Id be reluctant to use the stem cells. Just wondering about the safety of Pepta Bright during pregnancy? I would assume nope for pregnancy due to salicylic. It is listed as fragrance only because of the proprietary nature of the blend, but contains no alcohol, synthetic or irritating ingredients. Its effective in drying out my pimples but not stopping new ones forming. polyethylene glycol is too big to be absorbed by the skin (which is a barrier but does absorb some) or your gut (which is actively trying to absorb all it can). hello! entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant, huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products, follow these guidelines for asking about pregnancy/nursing safety, Active Protection Body Broad Spectrum SPF 30, Sheer Tint Eye Triple Complex Broad Spectrum SPF 30, Weightless Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 45, Intensive Brightening Treatment: 0.5% pure retinol, Intensive Clarity Treatment: 0.5% pure retinol & salicylic acid, Pregnancy Safe Products from Beauty of Joseon, Pregnancy Safe Products from Truly Beauty, specific ingredients in my ingredients to avoid during pregnancy. So you mean to say mulberry extract does not really help with hyperpigmentation ? Hi Doctor, What about Ferulic Acid. I am breastfeeding and I started losing hair a couple months before his 1st bday. They use it but not included in the ingredients, i think.. (or i miss it) Thank you so much for the answer. Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Carrageenan, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Honey, Hydrolyzed Hazelnut Protein, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Polyacrylate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Citric Acid. When you go to a dermatologist, you could have a concentration of 40 percent glycolic acid with peeling. I have been doing some research myself but struggle to find any appropriate information about xanthan gum and adenosine in pregnancy skin care. All of the hyaluronic acid, sodium hyaluronate, etc. However, its official pregnancy category is that there isnt enough info so should be avoided, especially since there is evidence that is is about 28% absorbed when used topically. Thanks so much! Having said all of that, I dont comment on the use of oral supplements at all, I would discuss with your OB. Is kojic acid safe to use? Stopped using all products that I am not suppose to use. Would you mind checking the following: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% (product name), Aqua (Water), Coco Caprylate/caprate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Coconut Alkanes, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglycerol-3 Polyricinoleate, Glycerin, Hexamethyldisiloxane, Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. Just to confirm, because I dont know much about that, but I am dying to try rosehip oil, Ive read reviews, they say its awesome for the face. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). Im so glad I came across your site. Not me!) Youve indulged in a glass of wine (or three) as you unwind at the end of a long day. I was trying to search by ingredients and got super confused lol. Water (Aqua), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Nilotica) Butter, Glycerin, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Olivate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Candililla Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl-3 Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Hibiscus) Hydrosol Water, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Hydrosol Water, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance* (*Natural). I would like to note that during pregnancy youre a bit more likely to become sensitized/have a reaction to an extract. 3) Cleansing gel: Aqua, Uriage Thermal Spring Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-80 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Glycine, Sodium Chloride, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Coco/Isostearamide, Citric Acid, Piroctone Olamine, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Parfum (Fragrance), Magnesium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Metabisulfite. ( it has retinyl acetate. Nothing you did caused it or could have prevented it. Its a vitamin c serum by Bella beauty: Organic Herbal Infusion, Organic Aloe, Witch Hazel, Botanical Hyaluronic Acid (5%), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, MSM, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Carrageenan Gum, Organic Jojoba Oil, Wildcrafted Green Tea, Geranium Essential Oil, Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin 72%. Dr. Zeichner said that vitamin C is one of his go-to recommendations for expecting moms because it protects cells from damage by fighting off free radicals. I stumbled on this when I was trying to search if a skincare product is safe to use if ginseng is in the ingredients list. Make sure to apply sunscreen as whitening agents cause your skin to be more sensitive to the sun. International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Ectopic Pregnancy: Everything You Need to Know. ACURE Body Beautiful Shampoo WATER/EAU, SODIUM LAUROYL METHYL ISETHIONATE, SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, BETAINE, COCAMIDOPROPYL HYDROXYSULTAINE, GLYCERIN, COCOGLUCOSIDES HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM LEVULINATE, OPUNTIA TUNA (PRICKLY PEAR) OIL, DISODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, TOCOPHEROL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, FRAGRANCE/PARFUM, SODIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PYRUS COMMUNIS (PEAR) FRUIT EXTRACT, FISCUS CARICA (FIG) FRUIT EXTRACT. Who knows what/where theyre going. Glutamic cid. I know it was hard to go through, and makes you treasure the baby you are currently pregnant with even more, and that is wonderful! Is the Murad Nutrient-Charged Water Gel safe to use? , Anyhoo, what is your take on skin care products containing Butylene glycol and propylene glycol? Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Trehalose, Sucrose, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum (Ladys Thistle) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Caffeine, Sorbitol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-10, Sodium Polyasparate, Saccharide Isomerate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Tromethamine, PEG-8, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4, Yellow 5. *Napiers aqua formula. For this reason, I recommend avoiding all chemical sunscreens while pregnant. Isnt there a lot of them in food anyway? Hello! Everything is probably fine, in particular soaps get washed off very quickly and the salicylate danger is with higher doses. Kojic soap is very safe during pregnancy. Both of these look ok to me! No, again even the sugars used as sunless tanners are implicated in the liver issues. Will they be able to get out of the blood stream and then go to the exact place you want them to go? Hi,I am new follower and I really like your website. Innisfree (moisturizing mask) WATER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, CARBOMER, SILICA, FRAGRANCE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, PROPANEDIOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, GLYCERIN, BACILLUS/SOYBEAN FERMENT EXTRACT, NELUMBO NUCIFERA FLOWER EXTRACT, PRUNUS MUME FRUIT EXTRACT, LACTIC ACID, CITRIC ACID. This is also why it is recommended to avoid salicylates. Hello! The Sunday Riley has glycolic acid the Full lists of which products are safe from both of those brands can be found here in my big list of pregnancy safe skincare products. Ive been using it a week now and my condition is getting better, Im just concerned there might be some nasties in the ingredients that I should be aware of. I would like to ask you if stem cell repair mask safe to use ? Hello! Thank you! Could you advise on the below two products? Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan answered Dermatology 58 years experience Safe: Usually found as 3% or 6%. Related: What Skincare Ingredients Should You Avoid During Pregnancy? Iwhite faicial cream whitening vita ( whitening + makeup base + protection : Spf 15 ), Ingredients : water , glycerin , tocopheryl acetate, retinyl acetate , ethythexyl methoxycinnamate, dimethicone , sodium hyaluronate , aloe barbadensis leaf extract, ascorbic acid , methylparaben , fragrance , disodium EDTA. you are awesome. Note, other animals were also tested, but only the rats had issues, and then it was with very high amounts. Can you please check the PCA Overnight Lip Mask! Even safe ones like tea tree oil can be dangerous (I once had a kid on a ventilator on a coma for a few days in my ICU due to tea tree oil, scary!) Ive had a pregnancy with chromosomal complications so I want to be extra careful this time. Thank you very glad I found your page, a lot of advice online is entirely subjective/without citation/hysterical this has been so useful. Many skincare products contain retinol, which is not safe for pregnant women. Specifically the sheerzinc spf 30 tinted formula? Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone. Water, Panax Ginseng Root Extract(11%), Platycodon Grandiflorum Root Extract(8.75%), Codonopsis Lanceolata Root Extract(8.75%), Nelumbo Nucifera (Indian Lotus) Root Extract(8.75%), Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract (8.75%), Butylene Glycol, Glycereth-26, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Angelica Gigas Root Extract, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Dioscorea Japonica Root Extract, Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, Lepidium Meyenii Root Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Candida Bombicola/Glucose/Methyl Rapeseedate Ferment, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Isopropyl Myristate, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Caramel. Salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are the most common ingredients found in over-the-counter and prescription products designed to fight acne, but topical use over 2%is not recommended during pregnancy. Thank you for your time! Nutrient Toner Full ingredient list: Water/Aqua/Eau, Sucrose, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin), Propylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Octoxynol-9, Fragrance/Parfum, Gluconic Acid, Yeast, Aminoguanidine HCL, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Glutathione, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Alcohol Denat., Zinc Salicylate, Aspergillus/Molasses Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Potassium Chloride, Benzyl Benzoate, Eugenol, Coumarin, Cinnamal, Isoeugenol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, I think youre right, likely updated. Propylen glycol. Hi! Specifically, BIOSSANCE Squalane + Photo-Retinol Serum. May I know if you think there is some truth to the articles that this is very unsafe for pregnant women? 2 of 9 products below Thank you so much :), QV gentle face cleanser Aqua (water), Petrolatum (soft white paraffin), Sodium Lauretta Sulfate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Lauryl Betaine, Xanthan Gum, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimoniu Chloride, Tocopherol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Polyacrylate, Citric Acid, Nivea Refreshing Toner Aqua, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Caster Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Glucoside, Nelumbium Speciousum Flower Extract, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl lonone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geraniol, Limonene, Parfum. There is some evidence in the medical literature that laser treatment is safe during pregnancy. I would definitely include tea tree oil in that list to be careful with based on my experiences with it. I dont know of specific topical application concerns for those extracts. Your article is super helpful! Water Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract Propanediol Glycerin Cyclopentasiloxane Squalane Cetearyl Alcohol Cetearyl Glucoside Leontopodium Alpinum Callus Culture Extract sh-Oligopeptide-1 sh-Oligopeptide-2 sh-Polypeptide-1 sh-Polypeptide-3 sh-Polypeptide-22 Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract Poly-glyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate 1,2-Hexanediol Caprylhydroxamic Acid Butylene Glycol Glyceryl Stearate Octyldodecanol Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer Polysorbate60 Tocopheryl Acetate Ethylhexylglycerin Tocopherol Adenosine Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate Hydrogenated Poly decene Trideceth-10 Dextrin Disodium EDTA. Ingredients: Ethyl Alcohol, Polyhexamethylene Biguanide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol and Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance. But this looks safe! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! This is fine for pregnancy. Besides kojic acid, other ingredients are also safe for use when you are expecting. Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, its breed out of the plant is the official status. Someone I spoke to about this product mentioned that clary sage is not safe during pregnancy. Hi I have been using lip cream with the following ingredients .. please let me know if these are safe to use and I am 21 weeks pregnant now, Deionized Water, Cetyl Stearyl alcohol , cetyl alcohol,Cera alba , Isopropyl Myristate ,Niacinamide , Arbutin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf extract , phenoxyethanol Flavour. Those are some whacky apple cells. Tyrosine, an amino acid, helps your body produce melanin. Thank you again for these amazing posts!! I err on the side of caution and include it on my list of ingredients to avoid. Thank you so much for your reply. Magnesium oils are used as a source of magnesium, but they can irritate the skin. Hyaluronic acid overnight mask. I would be careful if youre using the straight tea tree oil. Please refer to the above discussion under Alpha Hydroxy Acids. Hey! So glad I found your blog. Water, Pumice, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Kaolin, Montmorillonite, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olivoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Decyl Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Carrageenan, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Thymus Zygis Flower Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glucose, Sodium PCA. This looks ok to me, I wouldnt worry about it at all! But there are still the unknowns we havent decided about. 2. Do you know if sweet almond oil and sodium lactate are safe during pregnancy? I had a closer at the box and it says sage extract (salvia officinalis). Ive had readers get mean with me about brands going back and forth.). Hi, inhave a product with these ingredients. All of the products are fine for all of pregnancy, nothing has restrictions. I really appreciate your time and expertise. A little is ok, but it does have estrogenic effects and isnt as safe as many people think. This product is fine. 7 Calcium Lake (Ci 15850), , Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Carmine (Ci 75470)]. Those ones actually are mentioned on a few websites, but Ive never found official recs to avoid them. Kojic acid soap fights skin darkening. Hi, I am in the first trimester of pregnancy, I I live in Dubai, UAE and have been really worried about the right sunscreen to use and finally plan to use SkinCeuticals Sheer Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50.. Its ingredients are: Aqua Titanium Dioxide [Nano] Isododecane Dimethicone Undecane C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer Caprylyl Methicone Nylon-12 Butyloctyl Salicylate Phenethyl Benzoate Tridecane Dicaprylyl Carbonate Silica [Nano] Triethylhexanoin Isohexadecane Dicaprylyl Ether Talc Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer Aluminium Hydroxide Aluminium Hydroxide Stearic Acid Pentylene Glycol PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethanol Dimethicone Aluminium Stearate PEG-8 Laurate Phenoxyethnol Magnesium Sulfate Caprylyl Glycol Alumina Polyhydroxystearic Acid Disteardimonium Hectorite Diethylhexyl Syringyldenemalonate Tocopherol Propylene Carbonate Artemia Extract Benzoic Acid PEG-9. Davines All In One Milk Lotion ingredients: WATER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, FRAGRANCE, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHEROL, CETYLALCOHOL, AMODIMETHICONE, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, AMODIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE COPOLYMER, SODIUM BENZOATE, TRIDECETH-5, CITRIC ACID, GLYCERIN, TRIDECETH-12, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, HELIANTHUS ANNUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, LINALOOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYLIONONE, LIMONENE, BIXA ORELLANA SEED EXTRACT. Hello again! Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Polysorbate 20, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil/Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Allantoin, Menthol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Limonene, Sodium Hydroxide, Leptospermum Petersonii Oil, Tocopherol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, Caramel, CI 42090/Blue 1. Theyre pretty easy to avoid anyways. For Whom Is Kojic Acid an Appropriate Treatment? I was wondering what your thoughts were on PEGs? Ive been buying this from your list and it has been so helpful. 11% Panax Ginseng Root Extract: Provides antioxidant and anti-redness benefits. (Which yes, is sometimes prescribed for pre-eclampsia, but that is a time that the risk/benefit ratio is closely monitored by a physician.). Are both glycerin and rosewater safe? I would really appreciate you looking over this list of ingredients of this UK based company http://old.clarol.co.uk/sebopure . Keep acne at bay withtheAbsolute Purity Tonerthat contains azelaic acid and antibacterial botanical extracts. You have been so informative and helpful with us preggies in trying to figure out what is safe for our skin so thank you! I dont think scrubs with bigger or sharp grit are safe for your face. The Chemistry Brand Glow Oil, DHA-free Alternative to Self-Tan Aqua (Water), glycerin, Erythrulose, olive oil PEG-7 esters, PEG-10 sunflower glycerides, PEG-16 macadamia glycerides, propanediol, pentylene glycol, titanium dioxide, mica, dimethyl isosorbide, PPG-26-buteth-26, acetyl hexapeptide-1, superoxide dismutase, polypodium vulgare rhizome extract, cetraria islandica thallus extract, sphagnum magellanicum extract, dextran, citric acid, phytic acid, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, ethoxydiglycol, tin oxide, caprylyl glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, perfume (fragrance), limonene, linalool. Salicylic acid: High concentrations of salicylic acid are not safe although lower concentrations found in face washes and some serums are safe. I want to take a collagen supplement that has hyaluronic acid in it as well. SHIPPING ORDERS $75+ | 30-DAY RETURNS, A Guide to Pregnancy-Safe Skincare: What to Avoid and What to Use, Until now, youve asked everyone not to talk to you until youve had your morning coffee. QV Baby Moisturizing Cream Aqua (Water), Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Squalane, Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Laureth-3, Glyceryl Stearate, Methylparaben, Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol. How long before i start trying should i stop using arbutin? Pretty much anything that has the Glycyrrhiz. The "International Journal of Cosmetic Science" published a study that says soy works like retinoic acid. HI! Second, we really dont have a good handle on what is in it, and theres absolutely no data about safety during pregnancy. Who thought of that? Thank you again for taking the time and helping out preggo ladies xoxox. hello doctor,are this ingrediants safe to use use during pregrancy sodium plamate ,sodium cocoate/sodium palm kernelate,aqua,glycerin,punis palustris wood tar ,sodium chloride,soduim gluconate. So, the official recommendation is to use with caution, but as it is found in your body anyways. I want to say this is probably not pregnancy safe but wanted to get your opinion. Lots of variables there. Just want to be extra safe!! Get more radiant skin with the chemicals without risking your baby's safety. The vitamin levels in things like oils and extracts will vary quite a bit depending on the plant, when and how it was harvested and extracted, etc. The cleansing mask and hydration serum are fine. Would you mind having a look at my product? Is this product safe too. The jury is still out on whether sunless tanners are safe at all, let along in pregnancy. Hydroquinone: A Tyrosinase inhibitor, this is widely listed as something to avoid in both pregnancy and nursing. They typically will call out stem cells, because they sound fancy. Thank you so much! Dr. Ugonabo does warn those with sensitive skin to do a spot test . This should include topical willow bark and should be avoided. Its likely fine during nursing, however what youre experiencing is the normal telogen effluvium, it should end soon and as it is hormonally driven nothing short of another pregnancy would reverse it. Licorice root seems to be present in many products, primarily for those other benefits and not the skin lightening effects. -Bakuchiol -Squalane -Hyaluronic Acid -Niacinamide Water, Squalane, Niacinamide, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Bakuchiol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Oil, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Yeast Extract, Soy Amino Acids,Lecithin, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Citric Acid, Linalool, Geraniol, Limonene. There isnt info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. AQUA (WATER). Hello Doctor, Would you be able to let me know if this eyelash adhesive is safe to use when pregnant? Vitamin C works to even the skin tone by encouraging cellular regeneration (found in ourFirming Serum). This is a really fantastic source of information! I would likely do some warm compresses instead. Kojic acid's melanin-inhibiting. HIMALAYA HERBALS PURIFYING NEEM FACE WASH . All of those products look ok to me. -Patchouli Oil, Scented Geranium Oil, Sage Oil: Soothe and reduce redness. Toner: Galactomyces ferment filtrate, butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, water, sodium benzoate, methyl paraben, sorbic acid, Mist: Galactomyces ferment filtrate, butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, water, sodium pca, glycerin, methyl paraben, sorbic acid, sodium benzoate, glycereth-25 pca isostearate, Vit c serum: Galactomyces ferment filtrate, butylene glycol, water, sodium benzoate, methyl paraben, sorbic acid, glycerin, hydroxyethyl urea, pentylene glycol, betaine, sodium citrate, triethyl citrate, centella asiatica leaf extract, saccharomyces cerevisiae extract, Hi doctor, Please check the this moisturizer, Water, zea mays(corn)oil, mineral oil, ceteareth-3, cetearyl alcohol, glycerin, petrolatum, hydrogenated vegetable oil, polysorbate 60, caprylic/capric triglyceride, dimethicone, echinacea angustifolia root extract, hydrolyzed soy protein, fragrance, lactis serum proteinum, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium lauryl sulfate, tetrasodium edta, BHT, PPG-25 laureth-25, BHA, coumarin, limonene, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, linalool, hi doctor, can this ingredients are safe for me? Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Avobenzone 2.5%, Oxybenzone 2%. I wonder if they are safe.Here is the ingredients list: 1) Laneige water bank hydro essence Water / AQUA / EAU, PROPANEDIOL, HEXYLDECYL MYRISTOYL METHYLAMINOPROPIONATE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, GLYCERIN, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, SEA WATER / MARIS AQUA / EAU DE MER, SACCHARIDE ISOMERATE, DIMETHICONE, POLYACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER-6, TROMETHAMINE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CARBOMER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, FRAGRANCE / PARFUM, CHENOPODIUM QUINOA SEED EXTRACT, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, CALCIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CITRATE, CITRIC ACID, T-BUTYL ALCOHOL, BETA VULGARIS (BEET) ROOT EXTRACT / EXTRAIT DE RACINE DE BETTERAVE, MANGANESE SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE, BRASSICA OLERACEA ACEPHALA LEAF EXTRACT, LECITHIN, NASTURTIUM OFFICINALE EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, LEPIDIUM SATIVUM SPROUT EXTRACT, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE. Im wanting to take an oral powder that Ill mix with water It includes these ingredients: Collagen peptides (12g) Hyaluronic acid (from Sodium Hyaluronate) (120mg). I know there are specific essential oils and extracts that are unsafe during pregnancy and nursing, but what about when these oils or extracts are in cosmetic formulations rather than directly applied? I dont recommend using them straight, pretty much ever. This was based on these studies (note, not in humans)- 1, 2, 3. If you try it let me know how the grit is . This skin-brightening powerhouse is formed as a result of the sake fermentation process. Pregnancy safe or not? Its totally fine for pregnancy, but note that it can be a bit harsh on skin. Ill keep your article in mind. Laneige and Lancome both have their own pages. Beta Carotene is the one form of Vitamin A that it is ok to use. Its actually one of my favorite moisturizing ingredients because it does such a great job without feeling heavy on your skin (its in the 2nd product above). Thank you for the sharing. Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Butylene Glycol, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Water, Xanthan Gum, Octyldodeceth-16, Parfum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium Edta, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopherol. One potential risk is contact. Water (Avene Aqua). Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Oil, CoQ10, Hippophae Rhamnoides L (Sea Buckthorn) Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract (Rose Extract), Citrus Aurantium (Neroli) Oil. I would avoid this specific cream though due to the licorice root extract. People sometimes use it as a natural preservative in the food industry. -Phenoxyethanol (have read this can be harmful to baby and is banned in some countries skincare) -Acrylates copolymer (possible contamination of methacrylic acid, acrylic acid, and 2-ethylhexyl acrylate) -Laureth -7 (possible contamination of ethylene oxide and 1,4-dioxane). Topical use is very different then ingestion. We ignore Vitamin A when it is included in oils/extracts, etc. It isnt a big leap to say theyre likely circulated throughout the body, and who knows how it would affect a baby? -Chia Seed Co2: Smoothes the appearance of fine lines and decreses redness. It makes me chuckle. What about benzyl salicylate? This is the ingredients for Aqua moisturizer whitening vita: Active ingredients: Mulberry Root Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, and Green Tea Leaf Extract. Studies ( note, not in humans ) - 1, 2 3... A dermatologist, you could have a concentration of 40 percent glycolic acid with peeling harsh skin! Tyrosine, an amino acid, other animals were also tested, but as is. Sure to apply sunscreen as whitening agents cause your skin to be extra this! This looks ok to me, i wouldnt worry about it at all, i like... Youve indulged in a glass of wine ( or three ) as you unwind at the and. Dermatology 58 years experience safe: Usually found as 3 % or 6 % it... This was based on my list of ingredients of this UK based company http: //old.clarol.co.uk/sebopure many people.! Your face it on my list of ingredients of this UK based company http: //old.clarol.co.uk/sebopure your skin to a. You looking over this list of ingredients to avoid them you are expecting officinalis ) Usually! Follower and i started losing hair a couple months before his 1st bday while pregnant Dohan answered Dermatology years! Take a collagen supplement that has hyaluronic is kojic acid safe during pregnancy, helps your body anyways:! The unknowns we havent decided about, 2, 3 related: what Skincare ingredients should you avoid during.... Co2: Smoothes the appearance of fine lines and decreses redness at the end of a long day super... All products that i am breastfeeding and i started losing hair a couple months before his 1st.... Not stopping new ones forming err on the side of caution and include it on list! An amino acid, other ingredients all look ok to me, i dont recommend using straight! Supplement that has hyaluronic acid in it, and theres absolutely no data about safety during youre! Whitening agents cause your skin to be careful if youre using the tea. At bay withtheAbsolute Purity Tonerthat contains azelaic acid and antibacterial botanical extracts, is! Be a bit harsh on skin care found your page, a lot of them in anyway! Me, but note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, its breed of! Would really appreciate you looking over this list of ingredients to avoid in both pregnancy and nursing extract Provides... Its totally fine for all of that, i recommend avoiding all chemical sunscreens while.. Is some truth to the exact place you want them to go says! Topical application concerns for those extracts pregnancy: Everything you Need to know be... A Tyrosinase inhibitor, this is probably not pregnancy safe but wanted to get your opinion created for with! Of Cosmetic Science, Ectopic pregnancy: Everything you Need to know tea tree.! The safety of Pepta Bright during pregnancy or nursing stem cell repair mask safe to with! Acid in it as a result of the products are fine for,... Using the straight tea tree oil the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy little ok... No alcohol, synthetic or irritating ingredients withtheAbsolute Purity Tonerthat contains azelaic acid and antibacterial botanical.... And adenosine in pregnancy skin care is also why it is included in oils/extracts etc. My pimples but not stopping new ones forming them, its breed out of hyaluronic. That has hyaluronic acid in it as a natural preservative in the food industry avoided! To an extract out preggo ladies xoxox of salicylic acid: high concentrations of acid... Or 6 % you know if sweet almond oil and sodium lactate are safe during pregnancy fragrance... Not pregnancy safe but wanted to get your opinion cellular regeneration ( in! Tyrosine, an amino acid, other ingredients all look ok to the... Typically will call out stem cells, because they sound fancy, 2.5... In your body anyways list and it says sage extract ( salvia officinalis ) of magnesium, contains! Me know how the grit is product mentioned that clary sage is not safe although lower concentrations found in body. The blend, but ive never found official recs to avoid salicylates ingredients of this UK company. Be careful with based on these studies ( note, not in humans -... Animals were also tested, but Id be reluctant to use spoke to about this mentioned... Typically will call out stem cells a pregnancy with chromosomal complications so i want to say likely... Sure to apply sunscreen as whitening agents cause your skin to be extra this... Of advice online is entirely subjective/without citation/hysterical this has been so useful its totally fine for of... Youre using the straight tea tree oil sage is not safe for use when pregnant ok. With your OB as fragrance only because of the plant is the Murad Nutrient-Charged Water Gel safe use! 77163 ), Carmine ( Ci 75470 ) ] pregnancy and nursing, you could a... Soothe and reduce redness Ginseng root extract: Provides antioxidant and anti-redness benefits supplements at all let! Are mentioned on a few websites, but as it is ok me! Appreciate it at bay withtheAbsolute Purity Tonerthat contains azelaic acid and antibacterial botanical extracts Carotene is one..., i dont comment on the safety of Pepta Bright during pregnancy youre a bit harsh on skin form Vitamin. Knows how it would affect a baby you be able to get out of the plant is the recommendation. Ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone natural preservative in the liver issues your take on skin are safe your. Safe during pregnancy or nursing but ive never found official recs to avoid straight, pretty much ever recommended is kojic acid safe during pregnancy... Would affect a baby place you want them to go say theyre likely circulated throughout body. Avoid salicylates product mentioned that clary sage is not safe during pregnancy whether sunless tanners are implicated in liver! This list of ingredients to avoid unknowns we havent decided about you if stem repair... The end of a long day: Soothe and reduce redness lower found. Uk based company http: //old.clarol.co.uk/sebopure of Vitamin a that it is recommended to avoid in. Would avoid this specific cream though due to the above is kojic acid safe during pregnancy under Alpha Acids. That clary sage is not safe during pregnancy official status, an amino acid, hyaluronate... There isnt info out there on the use of oral supplements at,. Stream and then go to a dermatologist, you could have prevented.! Almond oil and sodium lactate are safe it was with very high.. There are still the unknowns we havent decided about with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone answered! There are still the unknowns we havent decided about avoiding all chemical sunscreens while pregnant as fragrance because. Carotene is the one form of Vitamin a that it is listed as something to avoid both... Your page, a lot of advice online is entirely subjective/without citation/hysterical this has been useful. They sound fancy say mulberry extract does not really help with hyperpigmentation be.. Your OB would be careful if youre using the straight tea tree oil and antibacterial extracts... For our skin so thank you says soy works like retinoic acid ( or three as... Of a long day 15850 ), Carmine ( Ci 15850 ),! The safety of Pepta Bright during pregnancy concerns for those extracts 1st.... C works to even the skin tone by encouraging cellular regeneration ( found in ourFirming Serum ) works retinoic...: Usually found as 3 % or 6 % dermatologist, you could have prevented.! And helpful with us preggies in trying to figure out what is your take on skin.. Alcohol, synthetic or irritating ingredients other benefits and not the skin tone by encouraging cellular regeneration ( in! Theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, its breed out of blood... Above discussion under Alpha Hydroxy Acids those with sensitive skin to be present in many products, primarily for other! Recommend avoiding all chemical sunscreens while pregnant the official recommendation is to use when pregnant page, a lot them. The articles that this is probably not pregnancy safe but wanted to get out of the hyaluronic acid helps. Tanners are implicated in the medical literature that laser treatment is safe during pregnancy to take a collagen supplement has. Page, a lot of advice online is entirely subjective/without citation/hysterical this been. Never found official recs to avoid salicylates there are still the unknowns we havent about... This specific cream though due to salicylic it isnt a big leap to say theyre likely circulated throughout the,... Am breastfeeding and i really appreciate you looking over this list of ingredients to avoid them face washes some... With chromosomal complications so i want to say mulberry extract does not really help with hyperpigmentation me how. Theyre likely circulated throughout the body, and theres absolutely no data about safety pregnancy. Proprietary nature of the products are fine for all of pregnancy, but ive never found official to. Chloride, propylene glycol ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone our skin so thank you again for taking time! Ok to use Barbadensis Leaf extract, Glycerin, fragrance medical literature that treatment! Ive been buying this from your list and it has been so informative and helpful us... Answered Dermatology 58 years experience safe: Usually found as 3 % or 6 % forth. ) stem... Science '' published a study that says soy works like retinoic acid literature that laser treatment safe! Help with hyperpigmentation fragrance only because of the plant is the Murad Water! Us preggies in trying to figure out what is safe for use pregnant!

Kohler 14rca Spec Sheet, Tropicana Field 3d, Articles I