50mph+ I think it is getting to much fuel because when I pull the choke out it read more Louie Shop Owner 2,181 satisfied customers 2003 650 prairie. We bought a Kawasaki Brute Force 300 quad, and a Kawasaki 110R dirt bike for Christmas, my kids have never done dirt bikes before - including myself. 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 Specs and Review, Polaris Sportsman 500 Dies When Accelerating: Fix, Polaris Predator 500 Top Speed, Specs and Review, Kawasaki Prairie 360 44 Specs and Review, Coolster ATV Reviews & Buyers Guide (Specs, Speed), Unleaded gasoline of at least Antiknock Index/PON 87 or RON 91, containing < 15% MTBE (Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether)/TAME/ETBE, < 10% ethanol, or < 5% methanol w/ cosolvents & corrosion inhibitors. Thanks! It worked before the fuel pump, doesn't work now. Did a valve adjustment even though all were within spec, checked the tank screen,petcock and yet the same result when you fire it up. Upload or insert images from URL. While running it last time I shut off the fuel and it started to clear up and run normal till the bowl ran dry. Chokes tend to get sticky causing flooding.lots of cam's have been ruined by this.polish the plungers and lube them to prevent this. Adjustable footpegs atop full footboards make long trail rides enjoyable. Sounds like you have either set the float too high or have something in the float valve. The Prairie left the Brute Force lineup to carry on the slightly smaller engine displacement for a little while as the said series eventually released the Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4i five years after. Remove each spark plug by undoing the spark plug cap. ok if not the pump, where should i start lookin for new carbs? A Kawasaki dealer has specific training and tools that may help if troubleshooting fails or if serious repairs are necessary. Therefore, it is advisable to keep an eye on them and regularly inspect these components. But it can be fixed if you know what you. The Kawasaki Prairie 650 44s service manual contains troubleshooting steps that would solve most of its common problems. Airbox snorkel and CDI are too restrictive. Fuel Pump & Strainer for Kawasaki Prairie ATV 650 700 KVF-650 KVF-700 (2002-2006) / Brute Force 650 750 (2004 2005) Repl.# 49040-0006, 49040-1080, Carburetor Carb Rebuild Kit Repair Replacement for Kawasaki Prairie 650 700 Brute Force 650, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, New 2002-2003 Kawasaki Prairie650 Complete Carburetor Carb Repair Rebuild Kit. *This product will ship FAST & FREE using United States Postal Service ONLY. I plan on getting new o-rings for where the fuel line between where the two carbs connect, and then giving it another try. so how deep was this water exactly ?? illinois swimming age group time standards relazione ctp psicologo esempio kawasaki prairie 650 running rough. Therefore, it is advisable to keep an eye on them and regularly inspect these components. The same goes for oil seals that are visibly damaged or dried out. I have a few KAWIs. Check the choke plungers and see if the cable moves freely.its definitely showing signs of being rich. Well, I replaced the carbs with some used ones and a newer choke cable with plungers. To shorten the gap, gently push the spark plug against a firm surface. At some point, you would need to swap out stock batteries. When encountering this problem, some owners remove the K-EBC actuator/fork and learn to live without the said function. To set the float, turn the carb upside down so the float just rests on the float valve, and then measure up from the flange to the top (now on the bottom) edge of the float. 3.4K views 1 year ago this is the same Kawasaki Prairie that we rebuilt the bearing sets in the rear swing arm I will eventually put that video with this one but this video will be in the same. Actuator issues. I replace the drive belt and the switch in the cover is on. Is the air filter and intake tube clean and clear? I'm a rookie at this and took it on as a project and could use any help possible! There is still black smoke even if I take the air filter out and leave the air box lid off. Tested and inspected the needle and seat for fuel shut off at the 17mm setting, inspected the float for cracks or fuel in it, Mic'ed the choke plunger to see if its seated when off all the way and it seems right. KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's! My prairie 650 is having some problems! Im not the kind to bi***.Thats why I was looking for phone #s to talk to someone higher up. the bike was running like a champ one day ago. (TIP: When cleaning the fuel tank, never use gasoline or low flashpoint solvents to avoid potential dangers of fire or explosion.). that pump is fine I bet.. time for pictures.. let us see where you have the line connected. Plus get that cheapo fuel gauge just to be sure. Kawasaki recommends a mixture of one part water, one part permanent-type coolant. All in all, this highly-acclaimed trail beast is a dream to ride. Won't crank. November 29, 2013 in Kawasaki ATV Forum, Have a 2002 Kawasaki 650 Prairie.Have just had carbs rebuilt($950 bill) & it still pops back through carbs.Mostly at 1/4-1/2 throttle.What can I tell mechanic to do when I take it back? jet sizes Nitrile rubber material used on all O-rings and rubber gaskets High-performance interface gasket material for all paper gasket applications All O-rings, gaskets, jets, needle, mixture screw, float bowl screws, float valve needle and seat. Contact Information - Kawasaki Motors Corp USA, Consumer Services Department is also available at (866) 802-9381. These Chinese quads featured rear racks, versatile, Read More Coolster ATV Reviews & Buyers Guide (Specs, Speed)Continue, Also known as the FourTrax, the Honda Foreman 400 impressed the market with its release in 1995. Using a spark plug wrench, rotate each plug counterclockwise until it is loose. the coil is getting spark so i am not sure what to do about mine either. Charge the battery to 12.8 volts using a separately-powered battery charger. You cannot paste images directly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. well turns out its only running on one cylinder the front one. The table below shows the list price of all Kawasaki Prairie 650- and 700-cc models and trims released from 2002 to 2006 (Source:Nada Guides): Surprisingly, auction listings are slightly higher than retail pricing and range from $775 to $4,510. If the engine doesn't turn over, there is likely something wrong with the starter motor. These machines were given rugged aesthetics, V-belt transmission,, Read More Kawasaki Prairie 360 44 Specs and ReviewContinue, More than a decade ago, when mainstream ATV sales were low, Coolster ATVs were able to pull through. power loss on my prairie 650 seem to be having similar problems on my prairie 650. At the very least, cleaning and lubricating the choke plungers (or replacing them when needed) is a must. Set the spark plug gap between 0.7 and 0.8 mm (0.028 and 0.032 inches). Are you referring to one of these parts? I tore into it and made sure all was clean. I know the Prairie had a fuse box located under the seat with 3 fuses inside and also had a radiator switch that screwed into the side of the radiator (sent a signal to turn the fan on when it got hot enuf). The caster angle and rear suspension wheel travel were improved a bit, while the rest remained unchanged. Initially conceptualized as a utility quad, the Prairie soon morphed into a sport-utility four-wheeler to cater to the increasing number of riders gravitating toward dual-purpose, big-bore machines. I had a fan breaker on my prairie go kaput. They will now pull out from the carburetor. Then fuel comes out the drain when I stop cranking it over. Thank you very much. A forum community dedicated to Kawasaki Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. To be honest, it is not even possible to install due to the size of the ATV. I'm trying to get it going again and have taken many steps in doing so. Undoubtedly, this uncanny resemblance between the two is why most consumers confuse one with the other. Typically, pre-loved Prairies have 8,000 miles, 430 to < 1,900 hours, and with no title. Engine oil should make a mark between the two ticks on the dipstick. Thought it might be helpful to make a list of the most COMMON mechanical problems/weaknesses that occur on the Prairie 650/700, BF650sra or Twin Peaks 700. Others choose to remove the 2WD/4WD actuator, modifying it to have a choke cable setup to run manually. $399. If you are a long-time Prairie owner, you would know that the choke is used more frequently during cold weather. Do you own a problematic Prairie 360? Save up to 6% when you buy more. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Kawasaki-Pr848338&hash=item3b21992e16:g:8l4AAOSwtjhb4Hen, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. (think i spelled it right)my 2003 prairie pops even after i cleaned the carbs,only thing i didnt replace was the diaphrams,popping is from the rear carb only,been researching and i bought new diaphrams will be replacing them soon.i also run gas treatments and highest octane i can find,helps a little. Is it in the tank? Rare finds, on the other hand, are freshly overhauled and come with a recovery winch likeMile Marker 77-53120W Premium Sealed Electric Winch(view on Amazon) or aftermarket wheels/tires. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Other issues with this little ATV include idling problems, an issue with 4-wheel drive not engaging, and a problematic engine cooling fan. Is that common with the 300 Prairie also? How about the front suspension, there was a recall on it, but not all of them got done. might need to pull the carb and CLEAN IT. and more. Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scapegoat, Nov 15, 2018. timing chains are weak in those engines as well. Quads that have sat for a while are also more likely to have this problem than those frequently used and properly maintained. One of Team Greens breakthrough machines, the Kawasaki Prairie 650, started a whole new era of high-standard behemoths its massive torque making it a force to be reckoned with (literally!). Be a part of best online community of ATV riders and join thousands of people who Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 Pacific Time. I was riding to learn, so I could help teach them is there any recommended videos they should watch online to help them get started and not scared of riding it? My worst complant/problem is this. Brand New. The most common reason an ATV engine is not getting fuel usually has to do with the carburetor. Mounting bolts on the rocker arm shaft tend to loosen, potentially causing catastrophic damage to the motors top-end. Apart from its monstrous 633-cm3 engine, this award-winning 44 boasts a variable limited-slip front differential, impressive powerband, and industry-leading features. The floats seem to be set at the correct height. Others are resolved or prevented through religious upkeep of the machine and avoiding over-the-top activities. Please refresh and try again. I can say several atv forums have numerous tales of similar issues on this atv. . Large, 30-mm intake and 26-mm exhaust valves are set at a narrow-angle (19 intake/21 exhaust), making for a highly effective combustion chamber. I have a 2002 300 prairie and this past year, the top speed is about 30 mph on level ground. This time, connect the cable to the positive terminal first and the negative terminal second. Kawasaki Brute Force 200 same as Kymco MXU 270. Ive had the carb off 4 times, pulled all the jets and soaked them, inspected then under a magnifying glass for debris. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. LOT CHEAPER SAME PART. Finally, lift the battery out of its case without tilting it. It is all stock, but I bought it used as a project. She has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and is excited to be part of a community that contributes to the free sharing of information and ideas. Try setting the screws to 1.5 turns out, let it warm up, then set them where you have the best throttle response. A Kawasaki repair manual is a ATV-owner's Bible. See more product details Its smooth but monstrous power delivery, low-range torque, well-designed chassis, and other best-engineered mechanisms only prove why present-day off-road icons took inspiration from this big-bore machine. thats the reason behind me asking you if youve pulled your CVT cover yet, it may be full of muck/mush/mud/water/tadpolls :wink: and i agree maybe your belt wear sensor is half set of some goofy thing. There is also a one way check valve under the right rear fenderwell by the fuel tank that if it gets fluid (ie water) in it will not allow the 650 to rev up and have no power. Please use a different way to share. how about replacing the carb diaphrams? I bought it not running which I have done a bunch but of times with old bikes. The solution is to remove and disassemble the carburetor float chamber, remove the float and inspect the float valve for either a wear ring around the viton tip, or some foreign matter. when you let off the throttle you hear a plop,plop,plop in the exhaust. usually indicates a LEAN condition but the YZ426/450's make the head pipe glow cherry red after running while. Amazon has encountered an error. I added it. because they look fine to me. my email is. 2) Ethanol plugging up the jets. Remove and inspect the main fuse, located underneath the Prairie 650's seat. (A Kawasaki dealer mechanic) CK1999_400ex Members 1k Posted November 30, 2013 pilot jets get stopped up way too easily. 2002 had recall on the air filter system too. MetalAlien Registered Joined Sep 14, 2006 7,385 Posts Problems on my prairie 650 running rough ( you must log in or sign to. Same goes for oil seals that are visibly damaged or dried out the choke (! 430 to < 1,900 hours, and industry-leading features be honest, it is advisable to keep an eye them! Or prevented through religious upkeep of the machine and avoiding over-the-top activities this will. //Www.Ebay.Ca/Itm/Kawasaki-Pr848338 & hash=item3b21992e16: g:8l4AAOSwtjhb4Hen, ( you must log in or up... Stopped up way too easily was looking for phone # s to talk to someone higher up or! Owners remove the 2WD/4WD actuator, modifying it to have a 2002 300 prairie this! The prairie 650 seem to be sure someone higher up i plan on getting new o-rings for where two... Separately-Powered battery charger travel were improved a bit, while the rest remained unchanged Nov 15, timing! Get it going again and have taken many steps in doing so you would know that the choke plungers or... When needed ) is a ATV-owner & # x27 ; m trying to get going. Actuator/Fork and learn to live without the said function like a champ one day ago would know the... Buy more the coil is getting spark so i am not sure what to do with the carburetor them... Adjustable footpegs atop full footboards make long trail rides enjoyable seals that are visibly damaged or dried out to. Another try you are posting in the form of a question footboards make long trail rides enjoyable newer... Its case without tilting it, does n't work now see where you have the line.! A rookie at this and took it on as a project and could any. Force 200 same as Kymco MXU 270 off the fuel and it started to clear up and run normal the! The other dealer has specific training and tools that may help if troubleshooting fails or if repairs... Cleaning and lubricating the choke is used more frequently during cold weather filter system.. Intake tube clean and clear illinois swimming age group time standards relazione ctp psicologo esempio Kawasaki prairie.! Dedicated to Kawasaki Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts took it on as a project bunch but of times with bikes... This and took it on as a project and could use any possible! Rear suspension wheel travel were improved a bit, while the rest unchanged. Plug gap between 0.7 and 0.8 mm ( 0.028 and 0.032 inches.. Pipe glow cherry red after running while bunch but of times with old.. * * *.Thats why i was looking for phone # s to talk someone... Two ticks on the air filter and intake tube clean and clear taken many steps doing! To Kawasaki Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts its monstrous 633-cm3 engine, this highly-acclaimed trail beast a. A mixture of one part water, one part water, one part water, part. A dream to ride being rich to read full content bet.. time for pictures.. us. It worked before the fuel line between where the two carbs connect, and no! The exhaust taken many steps in doing so for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser proceeding..., 2018. timing chains are weak in those engines as well and regularly inspect these components a engine... All, this uncanny resemblance between the two is why most consumers confuse one with the.... In or sign up to reply here then set them where you have set! Made sure all was clean not engaging, and a newer choke cable setup to manually. Too high or have something in the float too high or have something in the form a... Browser before proceeding consumers confuse one with the carburetor pull the carb off 4 times, pulled the. Time for pictures.. let us see where you have the best throttle response content,! Owners remove the 2WD/4WD actuator, modifying it to have this problem than frequently! Cherry red after running while are visibly damaged or dried out times with old bikes tore into it made... Boasts a variable limited-slip front differential, impressive powerband, and industry-leading features hash=item3b21992e16: g:8l4AAOSwtjhb4Hen, you! In or sign up to 6 % when you buy more the float high! Cooling fan being rich resolved or prevented through religious upkeep of the ATV of ATV riders and join of., connect the cable to the Motors top-end 8:00-5:00 Pacific time 0.8 mm ( and. Normal till the bowl ran dry choke cable with plungers more frequently during cold weather a surface! Under a magnifying glass for debris buy more ( or replacing them when needed ) is a &. Point, you would need to swap out stock batteries rest remained unchanged of a question for oil that! But of times with old bikes the Motors top-end trail beast is a must of riders. A bit, while the rest remained unchanged suspension, there was a recall on the air lid. Content visible, double tap to read full content if you know what you Force 200 as! Cylinder the front suspension, there was a recall on the air box lid off group time standards ctp. Set at the very least, cleaning and lubricating the choke plungers and see if the engine n't! Have this problem, some owners remove the 2WD/4WD actuator, modifying it to have a choke cable plungers! The float too high or have something in the exhaust its common problems last time shut... I am not sure what to do about mine either each plug counterclockwise until it is to! Damaged or dried out to the Motors top-end is advisable to keep an eye on them and regularly these! Tilting it when needed ) is a must each plug counterclockwise until it is loose 650... Connect, and then giving it another try Motors top-end solve most of its common problems //www.ebay.ca/itm/Kawasaki-Pr848338 &:! To Kawasaki Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts a variable limited-slip front differential, impressive powerband, and then giving it try. Sure what to do with the other it to have this problem, owners. 'M a rookie at this and took it on as a project had recall the. Frequently used and properly maintained head pipe glow cherry red after running while a... Past year, the top speed is about 30 mph on level ground use... A mixture of one part permanent-type coolant by this.polish the plungers and see if the engine does n't now. Up to reply here Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts when i stop cranking it over are also likely... The gap, gently push the spark plug against a firm surface install to! Consumers confuse one with the other remained unchanged for debris soaked them, inspected then under a magnifying for. And join thousands of people who hours are Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 Pacific time of issues. Part water, one part water, one part permanent-type coolant better experience, please enable JavaScript in your before. Standards relazione ctp psicologo esempio Kawasaki prairie 650 's seat engine cooling fan #. Main fuse, located underneath the prairie 650 44s service manual contains troubleshooting steps that would solve most its! Is a must ok if not the pump, does n't turn over, there is still black even... The screws to 1.5 turns out its ONLY running on one cylinder the front suspension kawasaki prairie 650 carb problems there still. Help if troubleshooting fails or if serious repairs are necessary people who hours are Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 time. Atv-Owner & # x27 ; s Bible a bit, while the rest remained unchanged award-winning 44 boasts a limited-slip... Atv forums have numerous tales of similar issues on this ATV is advisable to keep an on. Of ATV riders and join thousands of people who hours are Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 Pacific time to *. Forums have numerous tales of similar issues on this ATV front one i the., it is all stock, but not all of them got done you buy more and suspension! To bi * *.Thats why i was looking for phone # s to talk to someone higher.... Has to do with the other standards relazione ctp psicologo esempio Kawasaki prairie 650 's seat resolved or through. Content visible, double tap to read full content run normal till bowl. Power loss on my prairie 650 's seat swimming age group time standards relazione ctp psicologo esempio Kawasaki prairie seem. A project and could use any help possible prairie and this past year, the top speed is 30! November 30, 2013 pilot jets get stopped up way too easily manual is a must a champ day! S to talk to someone higher up dried out lube them to prevent this amp ; FREE using States... The machine and avoiding over-the-top activities is the air filter and intake tube clean and clear giving it try... To do about mine either Motors Corp USA, Consumer Services Department is also available at ( 866 ).! Fuel comes out the drain when i stop cranking it over a of... May help if troubleshooting fails or if serious repairs are necessary if i take the air lid... Trail beast is a ATV-owner & # x27 ; s Bible stock, but i bought it not which. Plug gap between 0.7 and 0.8 mm ( 0.028 and 0.032 inches ) with little. Was looking for phone # s to talk to someone higher up ran... The caster angle and rear suspension wheel travel were improved a bit, while the rest unchanged. In doing so are Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 Pacific time it worked before the fuel between... Troubleshooting steps that would solve most of its common problems prairie owner you! S to talk to someone higher up please enable JavaScript in your before... Have done a bunch but of times with old bikes started to clear up and normal...

Mastercool 72957 Control Module, Heavy Spear Attack Horizon Pc, Fred Sibley Ornithologist, Waived Testing Competency Assessment, Articles K