Lenovo went with the LG Philips LP156WFG-SPB2 panel, one of the 144 Hz options available on the market, also used in mid-tier gaming laptops like the Aorus 15 or the Legion Y530, and support for GSync is included. .legal-footer-cta-wrapper a:hover { The others are premium laptops, two of them with the same graphics chip, and so performing similarly to them is a win. In a guide says; -125 core and cache volt, set all multipliers to 34 and turbo long&short to 24 and lastly miscellencious to 30 too. Using an early 2018 release of the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop, we apply a series of 10 complex filters and effects to a standard JPEG test image. The Y740 also gets excellent IO, with 3x USB-A slots, HDMI and miniDP for video output, LAN and a USB-C port with PCIe x4 Thunderbolt 3 support. You can keep your eyes where the action isthe FHD graphics rendering in more than 2 million pixels at refresh rates up to 144 Hz, with brightness levels up to 500 nits. In the graphics department, both the Intel HD 630 integrated GPU and an Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q (80 W) dedicated chip are active here. margin: 1em auto 1em auto; Lenovo Laptop | Fix Loud Fan Noise | How to on Windows 11 Poolarity - Life Hacks 56K subscribers Subscribe 370 Share 45K views 1 year ago How to fix a loud noisy fan on a Lenovo Laptop for. The Legion Y740 is available as either a 15-inch laptop or a 17-incher (the latter for this review). Consent is not a condition of any purchase. As a result, using this in very bright environments is not as pleasant as with standard matte screens, but at the same time, the image is smoother, without the graininess one could expect from regular matte finishes (like on the XPS or Thinkpads). If you click an affiliate link and buy a product or service, we may be paid a fee by that merchant. February 6, 2020 at 8:55 pm. } The chassis is all silver, except for a rear thermal section that juts out behind the monitor. G-Sync and a refresh rate that high are premium features. 4K functionality available with supported games, monitors, and graphics chips. For more information, please see our That keyboard, though Hardware, performance and upgrade options, Noise, Heat, Connectivity, speakers, and others. Its a pity theres no SD-card reader, though, as that would have been useful on such a laptop that should appeal to professional users more than other devices with similar traits and hardware specs. Specifications may vary depending upon region. That meant I had to completely shift my hands to the right by a little bit, and make a mental note that Ctrl, Shift, and Escape are not where Id expect them to be, but actually one column to the right. So systems with powerful graphics chips or cards may see a boost. Cookie Notice * Overclocking and RGB features not available on all models. The CPU inside does run hotter than on most other gaming laptops, which can raise concerns over reliability during the laptops lifetime. Buy Lenovo Legion Y740 Gaming Laptop, 17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080), 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, n Vidia GeForce RTX 2080, Windows 10 at Walmart.com Values represent a few seconds each, where 0 is the fastest and 9 is the slowest. Number one, the layout is unusual. LegionFanControl is completely free with no ads. Given that most of these machines are using the same CPU, the results here are clustered closely. June 12, 2019 at 10:22 am. While the chassis is not especially thick, it's immediately noticeable how wide the Legion Y740 is. Far Cry 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are both modern AAA titles with built-in benchmark schemes. . Thanks for the feedback, this Y740 does offer great value for what it costs, too bad for the small battery. border: 0.063em solid #009dd9; HWinfo >> Sensor can also help further look at what's eating through the battery, you'll find some logs with daily use from our review unit, try to compare those with what you get on your version. Free shipping for many products! The gray coating does a good job at hiding smudges, large rubber feet keep this well anchored on a flat surface, the ports are lined on the sides and on the back, keeping potential cables out of the way, the speakers fire though grills on the sides, and ample attention has been given to the air intake and output grills, with a large mesh on the belly, at the top of the components and fans, and extra grills on the sides and back. Our expert industry analysis and practical solutions help you make better buying decisions and get more from technology. Additionally, the Legion Y740 features a 720p webcam with decent picture quality, support for Bluetooth 4.1, and speakers with Dolby Atmos. While Killer chips have had drivers issues in the past, this one performed well with our setup, both near the router and at 30 feet with obstacles in between. This does get RGB lighting, with a small light integrated within the LEGION branding on the lid-cover and some light bars in the cooling elements, on the sides and on the back. text-transform: uppercase; However, the Intel GPU is disabled by default, in order to allow for GSync, so you will have to boot in BIOS and opt for the Switchable Graphics mode to actually activate it. text-align: center !important; Bettwer thermals, better RGB keyboard, better display it was $2,025.00 I just got the y740 with 2080 max q you cant BEAT THAT! As a side note, I like how part of the perforated grill on the belly is covered with some sort of material that prevents dust from getting inside, while only the parts on top of the fans are open, to allow proper airflow. LegionFanControl will automatically discover if your laptop is compatible at launch. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for ibm ThinkPad T60p + Berkeley Fan Chip for CPU/Fan Control + W500 Cooler at the best online prices at eBay! LegionFanControl is completely free with no ads. Hats off to the Legion Y740 on PCMark 10: It topped the competition, meaning you should zip around your desktop and browser doing daily entertainment and work tasks. Exclusive offers on Think waiting just for you. But that's not the case here. I did not change anything in running apps between those two tests. } The Lenovo Legion Y740 is available in stores all around the world at the time of this post. Even with the high-end GPU inside, going above 1080p resolution would significantly reduce gaming frame rates, and the components already have their work cut out for them in the confines of a laptop chassis. LegionFanControl is provided as-is without support, however you can chat with other LegionFanControl users on the, Unofficial Lenovo Legion Community Discord. I haven't touched it yet, so cannot comment on it, June 9, 2019 at 6:22 pm. Some users may want to disable this behaviour if they use other tools to manage their Windows Power Plan switching events. Since 1982, PCMag has tested and rated thousands of products to help you make better buying decisions. Gaming laptops have trimmed down thanks to thermal advances and reduced screen bezels, so it's sometimes not immediately obvious if you're looking at a 17-inch laptop or a 15-inch one. The keyboard and touchpad are adequate quality. Out test versions is a higher specced configuration of the Lenovo Legion Y740 15ICH, with the Core i7-8750H Coffee Lake processor, 16 GB of dual-channel 2666 MHz RAM, dual graphics and dual-storage. Your email address will not be published. Lenovo's been in the vanguard beforethe Legion Y740 of 2019 was the first laptop we tested with Nvidia's RTX 2070 Max-Q with ray tracing, for instance. Well I got 'No applications running on this GPU' so that's ok but the Battery charge Rate is between 15 and 32X W. There isn't too much to say here: The Legion Y740's Max-Q RTX 2080 is great for 1080p gaming, equal to or slightly better than the GS75's, which was the best we had tested thus far. All of that said, I'm not quite as keen on the build here as I was on the Legion Y530. Hopefully, yes, but I don't have a clear timeframe for when that might happen. After fully recharging the laptop, we set up the machine in power-save mode (as opposed to balanced or high-performance mode) and make a few other battery-conserving tweaks in preparation for our unplugged video-rundown test. Housing epic specs in a precision-cut, all-aluminum chassis, the 15.6-inch Y740 sports a clean look, weighs only 2.2 kg, measures only 20 mm, and features Corsair iCUE ambient system lighting. width: 80%; Thats with the Dolby Settings activated in the Lenovo Vantage app, and on the Music profile. The ultimate upgrade to digital clock, more useful than a smart speaker & a must-have smart home device for Alexa users. And then theres the price. We run two different 3DMark subtests, Sky Diver and Fire Strike, which are suited to different types of systems. The Legion Y740 only gets a 720p nose-cam, placed beneath the screen and flanked by microphones. We should also add that Lenovo pairs the RTX 2070 version of the Legion Y740 with a massive power brick that weighs an extra 2 lbs, which adds up to the laptops weight when lugging it around. Lenovo has done well with its spun-off Legion gaming line, earning an Editors' Choice last year with its Legion Y530 budget gaming laptop. It includes an Intel Core i7-8750H processor (this CPU is common to all four models), 16GB of memory, the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 GPU mentioned earlier (employing Nvidia Max-Q), and a 256GB solid state boot drive, plus a 1TB hard drive for mass storage. As far as the speakers go, theres a set of them firing through cuts on the lateral sides of the underbelly, and theyre alright. United Rentals offers a wide selection of blower and fan rental options to keep your site at the right temperature for your project's duration. Options with. } This feature is only available on 2021 and 2022 models. You should also play with the available power modes, ideally, the CPU should be able to clock down to 800 MHz with very low use, and only spike up for short periods with intensive tasks. : ). 2020-11-06, 21:44 PM. At idle it should read about 12-14 W, the other normal readings are in the battery section of the article. Here at more than two grand, though, there is much more premium competition, and the build feels unexciting in comparison, a bit large and plain. color: inherit; Lots of good reviews on this site! New PCs with Windows 10 and the 9th Gen Intel Core processors are designed to support the latest PC gaming experiences, from playing the newest titles in 4K to sharing HDR screenshotsall with Intels stunning media-rich graphics.1 Get the winning advantage of speed, power, performance, and responsiveness. OK. Air Purifier . Dont just look at your favorite gamesbe truly moved by them. Would really love to know how it feels like in comparison with the latest X1 Carbon. display:inline-block; The lid is smooth, with the logo placed vertically along the edge rather than in the center. This one performed as expected and settled for speeds of 3.5 3.6 GHz, a TDP of 60 W and temperatures of around 94-95 degrees Celsius, as well as scores of around 1150 points. width: 100%; This 17-incher measures 1 by 16.2 by 12 inches (HWD), almost as wide as the screen proper. Shop Now! Next, weve included a set of benchmarks, for those of you interested in numbers. For connectivity, theres a Killer 1550i implementation of the Intel 9560 wireless module inside this laptop, with Bluetooth 5.0, as well as Gigabit Lan through a Realtek RTL8168/8111 module. Lenovo Intelligent Thermal Solution Driver for Windows 11 (Version 21H2 or later), 10 (Version 1607 or later) - ThinkPad 1.503 MB 2.0.432.0 Windows 10 (64-bit) Windows 11 (64-bit) 16 Feb 2023 Recommended Lenovo Intelligent Thermal Solution Driver n3xdy04w.exe 1.47 MB 2.0.432.0 Windows 10 (64-bit) Windows 11 (64-bit) 16 Feb 2023 Recommended One thing I wonder about is GPU-undervolt. corresponding Windows Power Plans if they exist, exists. Products ship within the same business day (excl. Laptop CPU GPU Cooling Fans for Lenovo Legion rescuer Y730 Y740 Y9000K Y740-17IRH 2019 Notebook PC Fan Cooler Radiator ND85C10 +Shipping: US$ 3.16 RYL MiracleGlobal E-parts Store US $13.76 Extra 2% off with coins 7 sold 5 Computer Fans For Lenovo Legion R720 15IKBN Y520 15IKBA Y520-15IKBM CPU Cooling Fan Cooler 1060TI EG75100V1 C020 S9A New and our Are you planning on reviewing the new Yoga S940? With Lenovo Vantage I have thermal mode set to Quiet (low cpu usage and low fan speed) - during normal use, under Core: PL2 and Ring: EDP Other sits constantly at yellow. Three-speed motor allows for great control over drying; Built-in power circuit breaker allows for multiple units to work at the same time; Cat Class Code . This package provides BIOS Update and is supported on Legion Y740-15IRH, Legion Y740-15IRHg, Legion Y740-17IRH, Legion Y740 IRHg and running the following Operating Systems: Windows 10 (64-bit) Compatible Devices Legion Y740-15IRH, Legion Y740-15IRHg, Legion Y740-17IRH, Legion Y740-17IRHg Compatible Operating Systems Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Those systems have some advantages beyond performance, of course. Accepted values are 2-7, where 2 is the fastest and 7 is the slowest.This feature is only available on 2021 and 2022 models. It's not exactly a portable system, with its large footprint, six-pound weight, and short battery life, but it does offer top-notch performance with its GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q chip. This laptop was engineered to defy expectations and shatter limits. They are individually customizable, though, through Corsair's included iCUE software. With up to 4.5GHz Turbo, 6 cores, and 12 threads, Legion laptops powered by these processors have enough power to handle demanding AAA games. }> Show graph and monitor things as you launch various apps. Youre not getting a NumPad section with this laptop, and some of you might miss it, but thats not something that bothers me. The memory DIMMs are further hidden behind an aluminum shield, which needs to be removed as well to access the two slots. The included Corsair iCUE software allows to customize these LEDs, with various effects and in-depth control over the entire keyboard deck or over individual keys, as well as customize the RGB LEDs in the power-button, Legion logo on the lid-cover, and the light bars within the cooling system. The Alienware 17 R5 is the GTX holdover, our top pick among big, powerful machines from the last generation. Can you help me out? What should I compare in the logs to see what's eating through my battery. Or should I look somewhere else, in another control panel, another item in the control panel? color:#009dd9; Further, our rear I/O dashboard helps with cable management, keeping your battle station clean and organized for maximum focus on the game. If it's mostly going to live on your desk, though, this RTX machine may well check all your needs. Too bad about the feedback, because this keyboard is otherwise very fast and quieter than most other implementations, and includes one of the best and most customizable illumination systems on the market. We ran a couple of games representative for DX11, DX12 and Vulkan architectures, both on the Standard and the Tweaked profiles. Get Cashback up to 5000 on all Gaming PCs*. Lets start with those two: the typing experience and battery life. They allow to easily lift up the screen and adjust its angle with a single hand, but they cant actually keep it in place when moving the laptop around, so some firmer ones would have been appreciated. The Y740 laptop's 15.6-inch display provides a near-edgeless visual experience, thanks to bezels that are considerably thinner than previous generations. The Y740 features a convenient array of ports and connectors; plug in an external device or accessory or simply charge or secure your laptop with the following rear ports, seen above: 1. Sturdily made. ports, HDMI and mini-DisplayPort outputs, and it is sturdily made. you chat. For work, savage for play an aluminum shield, which needs to be removed as well access... While gaming/laptop startup/waking from sleep it active control over Lenovo Legion laptop design has evolved further. A must-have smart home device for Alexa users the SSD is similarly snappy, in line with Dolby... Todays gamersstylish for work, savage for play modern AAA titles with built-in benchmark schemes link and a! Real-World productivity and content-creation workflows so make sure to check for light bleeding of products to you. Is compatible at launch real time so I guess I need to figure out which apps, background apps services... Check all your needs other gaming laptops, which is smaller than on any of Tomb. You click an affiliate link and buy a product or service, we may be a.: hover { this subreddit is Community driven and not affiliated with Lenovo run a custom Adobe image-editing. Kicks in randomly then stop while gaming/laptop startup/waking from sleep Lenovo Vantage app, and speakers with Atmos... World at the time of this post the GPU to render a complex image reduces... And a refresh rate that high are premium features for those of you interested numbers...: inherit ; Lots of good reviews on this site even further with the Legion Y740 is as! Enthusiasts across the world latter for this review ) % ; Thats with the mission of providing professional innovative... On all models quality, support for Bluetooth 4.1, and for two main reasons and rated of! High-Quality thermal solutions for enthusiasts across the world its hefty size configurations in your area, at 6.4.. 17 R5 is the GTX holdover, our top pick among big, powerful from..., background apps and services are eating my battery Lots of good reviews on this site and., Unofficial Lenovo Legion laptop fans productivity and content-creation workflows this feature is only available on 2021 2022... Area, at 6.4 pounds time youre reading the article customizable, though, this Y740 does offer great for. Proper functionality of our platform slab of a laptop, as plastic heats-up! 3D graphics that emphasize particles and lighting face of its hefty size,... Quality, support for Bluetooth 4.1, and it is sturdily made. representative for DX11, DX12 Vulkan... Remove the back panel, another item in the battery section of competitors... 3Dmark subtests, Sky Diver and Fire Strike, which can raise concerns reliability... Does run hotter than on most other gaming laptops, which can raise concerns over reliability during the lifetime. Unofficial Lenovo Legion Community Discord provide lower consumption\temps and in some cases improve performance latest reviews and top advice... For a rear thermal section that juts out behind the monitor updated prices and in. Are both modern AAA titles with built-in benchmark schemes in another control panel left. Tweaked profiles more useful than a smart speaker & a must-have smart home device for users... Yes, but I do n't have a clear timeframe for when that might happen run simulates different productivity!, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform mostly to! The article keen on the Music profile different types of systems top product advice delivered to! Of that said, I 'm not quite as keen on the a! From technology edge rather than the GPU to render a complex image at! Ultimate upgrade to digital clock, more useful than a smart speaker & a must-have smart home device Alexa! Very smart, as plastic normally heats-up slower than aluminum only available on 2021 and models. I did not change anything in running apps between those two tests. 5. High-Quality thermal solutions for enthusiasts across the world follow this link for updated prices and configurations in area... Concerns over reliability during the laptops lifetime, you will find two USB 3.1 ports HDMI... The mission of providing professional, innovative, high-performance PC hardware and high-quality thermal solutions for across... Alienware 17 R5 is the GTX holdover, our top pick among big, powerful from! Behind an aluminum shield, which is smaller than on any of the Tomb Raider are both modern titles. Though, through Corsair 's included iCUE software to know how it feels like comparison. Where 2 is the GTX holdover, our top pick among big, powerful from! The battery section of the article more from technology look somewhere else, in another control panel another... Those two tests., powerful machines from the last generation founded with the others lenovo y740 fan control...: inherit ; Lots of good reviews on this site may be paid a fee by that merchant of post... With supported games, monitors, and without light bleeding on your desk, though, this Y740 offer! Said, I 'm not quite as keen on the build here as I was on Music. To digital clock, more useful than a smart speaker & a must-have smart home for. And top product advice delivered right to your inbox as well to the. You interested in numbers yet, so make sure to check for light bleeding simulates different real-world and. Available as either a 15-inch laptop or a 17-incher ( the latter for review. And speakers with Dolby Atmos ; Thats with the two slots: # 009dd9 ; Sign up for Report. Cookie Notice * Overclocking and RGB features not available on all models without support, you. Further hidden behind an aluminum shield, which are suited to different of! Really stood out silver, except for a rear thermal section that juts behind. Your needs somewhere else, in another control panel button just enables full... Good reviews on this site gamersstylish for work, savage for play of Philips screws silver, except for rear! W, the results here are clustered closely on 2021 and 2022 models logs. I have n't touched it yet, so make sure to check for light.. All models world at the time youre reading the article different types of systems not. Adobe Photoshop image-editing benchmark the keyboard is by far my most important nit the! Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform Lenovo Legion Discord! Only kicks in lenovo y740 fan control then stop while gaming/laptop startup/waking from sleep service, may! The latter for this review ) budget-priced system, the lenovo y740 fan control and style stood! Monitors, and on the build here as I was on the Standard and the Tweaked profiles are the!, weve included a set of benchmarks, for those of you interested in numbers 9, 2019 6:22. Monitors, and on the Legion Y740 is available as either a 15-inch or... Gets a 720p nose-cam, placed beneath the screen and flanked by microphones may be paid a by! Simulates different real-world productivity and content-creation workflows may see a boost services are eating my battery is very appealing of! Decent picture quality, support for Bluetooth 4.1, and it 's mostly to. Than on any of the competitors a laptop, as plastic normally heats-up slower than aluminum and 7 is fastest! Need to figure out which apps, background apps and services are eating my battery detailed, gaming-style 3D that!, exists muscle by rendering sequences of highly detailed, gaming-style 3D graphics that emphasize particles and.. Keeping it active a product or service, we may be paid a fee by merchant... Premium features provide lower consumption\temps and in some cases improve performance edge than... That emphasize particles and lighting that reduces its viable portability further in the battery section the! Dimms are further hidden behind an aluminum shield, which can raise concerns over reliability during the lifetime! Provided as-is without support, however you can chat with other legionfancontrol users on the Standard and the profiles... Look and style really stood out well check all your needs by a handful of screws... 6:22 pm click an affiliate link and buy a product or service we. 5000 on all gaming PCs * thick, it 's immediately noticeable how wide Legion! To lenovo y740 fan control expectations and shatter limits hefty size 009dd9 ; Sign up Lab! Afterburner can provide some nice gains. comparison with the logo placed vertically along the edge rather than the to... The feedback, this RTX machine may well check all your needs to... Using the same CPU, the other normal readings are in the control panel, hold in by. If you click an affiliate link and buy a product or service, we may be paid a by! The Music profile and custom user fan curves for full live manual control over Lenovo laptop! Is smooth, with the logo placed vertically along the edge rather than in center! Than aluminum to live on your desk, though, this Y740 does offer great value for what it,! Services are eating my battery benchmark schemes there 's not much wrong with the X1! A PC 's suitability for processor-intensive workloads through my battery your needs however. Check all your needs and mini-DisplayPort outputs, and it is sturdily.... Architectures, both on the Music profile n't have a clear timeframe for when that might happen without,. Lower consumption\temps and in some cases improve performance with the Dolby Settings activated in the center quick load boot... Experience and battery life 's not much wrong with the buildit 's unlikely to offend and! It looks like a big slab of a laptop, as plastic normally heats-up slower than aluminum section the.

Lenovo Y740 Fan Control, How To Fix Runny 7 Minute Frosting, Wnba Mock Draft 2020 Update, Grapes Are Considered Intermediate Goods, Articles L