I put an ancient eotech (2004) on my Socom 16. steph@ultimak.com, Technical support and parts inquiries: Many people run the Ultimak M8 handguard to drop the mounting height, but that's a $200 option and I'm trying to keep this M14 build on a budget. Founded by Frank Galli in 2000, Snipers Hide has been offering informational videos, podcasts, and other support to its users in one location. Ultra-low mounting allows co witnessing and an improved cheek weld - no need for a comb riser. Popular seach, Category Fits standard weight M-14 and M1A barrels only. A good side mount will work fine, Springfield , Basset , etc You could also put an Ultimak rail on the front, they are rock solid.Have a real scout set up. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Generous length 1913 (Picatinny) style rail. I ordered one of the MI mounts for the Aimpoint T1, now to find a cut out hand guard. No-gunsmithing installation the M8 mount can be installed in the field by anyone who can read the instructions and use the supplied Allen wrenches. Will Not fit Springfield Loaded Standard, Match, Tactical, or other medium or heavy profile barrels. Fits standard weight M-14 and M1A barrels only. Perhaps even better than the factory plastic hand guard and short rail combo. Not all of the receiver mounts cost an arm and a leg. I think it may be close. (Added one more). Took a bunch of searching to find this out. Lightweight, fully machined 1913 Picatinny-style rail accepts intermediate eye relief scopes, red dot, holographic, and reflex optics. Price is $99.95. Daniel Defense firearms, parts and accessories, http://www.smithenterprise.com/products03.01.html, http://www.bassettmachine.com/prod_home_buynow.htm, http://www.opticsplanet.net/meopta-meostar-1-4x22-riflescope-706580.html, Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum. How to Build An AR-15: Your AR Build Made Easy, California Residents: Do Not Share My Personal Information, Springfield Armory.M14;Springfield Armory.M1A. Hard anodized Even then it is more like lower 1/3 co-witness. JavaScript is disabled. - Fits GI-Pattern M1 Carbine (not for "Universal" or Auto Ordinance brand) - Clamps securely to barrel in front of gas block - Comes complete with screws, 4140 steel clamps, wrench & easy instructions - Will fit M1 Type Stocks, M2 Stocks must be modified to accept mounting clamps The lowest, most stable and practical optic mount available. www.thearmorylife.com A Tanker with the Scout Squad scout mount handguard is essentlally a SOCOM with a wood stock. Just useable or even enough to reference the irons and dot. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! The barrel clamps and recoil lug are made of 4142 chrome/molly steel with a satin black phosphate finish. Also, I've grown accustomed to co-witnessing my irons with my AR's. All Rights Reserved. As far as heat goes if you use an optic that is worth a shit it will withstand the heat but a shitty one won't. It's so easy to clean it with a brush without removing it too. The Scout Squad weighs in at 8.8 pounds and is 40.33 inches long with an 18 inch barrel. Temporarily out of stock, but available as seconds (blemished) mounts in limited quantitiesat this link here. Thanks! After fondling them both at a local gun shop today I'm leaning toward the standard model. If your M-14 or M1A does not fit any of the above descriptions, you should call the manufacturer and ask if the barrel is of standard M-14 outer diameter specs, including the size and location of the op-rod guide. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Are there any QD Aimpoint T-1 mounts that will allow for a cowtiness with this kind of setup? The 1913 style (Picatinny/Weaver) rail sits lower than the factory iron sights, providing a better, more natural cheek weld for rapid target acquisition and natural point of aim, without the need for a comb riser. The entirely unobtrusive optic mount can remain in place whether or not you're using optics. You could mount red dot, scout scope or nothing at all. 4.3 4.3 out of 5 stars (8,317) 1K+ bought in past month. Exactly what hawkguy said. Standard Dealers have not yet agreed to perform FFL transfers on guns purchased online from Brownells. Clamps directly to barrel for maximum stability and accuracy. The M1A Scout Squad is a gas-operated, magazine fed rifle built out of nearly 10 pounds of parkerized steel and walnut. From what I have read you need a SHORT mount to get this to happen. Another interesting benefit of the M8 is that it allows you to co-witness your iron sights through a low sitting Aimpoint. Fits M-14/M1A with original, standard weight barrel profile, original National Match standard profile and most Chinese M1A clones. Ultra-low mounting allows co-witnessing. Hard anodized It rubbed on the charging handle, so I made some shims to get the proper clearance. My mag-fed Mini-G carbine wears an Ultimak forward rail with a Sig Romeo5 RDS attached on a ADM Q.D. With its 18-inch barrel and scout optics mount forward of the action, it's a slightly handier version of the full size M1A: the darling of competitive shooters for generations. Even then it is more like lower 1/3 co-witness. Apr 5, 2016. to me this is perfect cowitness on an AK: PA went away from the fixed base because buyers wanted modularity. Sort of off topic ,but the budget dots will fry from the heat on the ultimak. I just recently purchased a Springfield M1A Scout Squad with a black synthetic stock. They adjust for tension via adjustment nuts opposite the levers. Probably on a Bassett mount. web@ultimak.com. MSRP: $104-$121 // ultimak.com Attero Arms Rear Sight Mounts Rear sight leaf AK red dot mounts are only made by a handful of companies, but the ones from Attero Arms are generally regarded as the best. Ive seen plenty of videos from trusted reviewers with optics like TRS and no fry. I see that very setup in my near future. Blackhawk Down photo Can't wait. Nowfor the first time ever, you can co-witness the factory M-14/M1A iron sights with tube bodied, reflex sights such as Aimpoint Micro or Trijicon MRO. llows use of full length Scout scopes, pistol scopes, reflex sights, etc. I tried an EoTech XPS2-0 and it was pretty good, but boxy and a little too 'weight forward", so I robbed the DeltaPoint off my Carbine just for giggles. One new winner* is announced every week! Yeah AA version batteries were not the problem. If it's a lower 1/3 co-witness set up, get a comfortable cheek weld and fire. I put my EoTech on my Scout, just to see what it looked like. Repeat offenses will result in being banned. There are other advantages, but being able to run cowitness is for me a requirement. Qty: Description ULTIMAK M1-B-Saiga SAIGA 223/7.62x39 Rifles, AK47, WASR10 THIS TUBE is the standard size gas tube for AK47/74 . Not looking for perfect. Fits original, standard weight barrel profile (H&R, Springfield, TRW, etc.). (Like the Aimpoint PRO in low mount on my Scout Squad.) Recoil lug, plus dual clamps attach quickly to standard weight, G.I. I was looking at the rail on my scout model. Springfield Loaded Standard and all of their Match and Tactical models have heavier-than-standard barrels, which will not allow M8 mount installation. Best is to run cowitness AND on detachable mount. Works as a drop-in installation with any wood or synthetic stock. Construction: One-piece aluminum mount body (6061-T6). I really like this set up and even have an Aimpoint 1X magnifier that I am threatening to take hunting one day if I ever get up the go to finally get out and do it. I initially wanted a scope on it, but for now budget afforded me to "items on hand". Forward, low mounting configuration with a generous length Picatinny type rail. I installed an UltiMak Scout rail on the ol Garand. Anyone have any pics with a Scout & CQB stock setup? Mine has an Aimpoint PRO in an Aimpoint 30mm low mount, mounted on an Ultimak rail. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - SA M1A Scout Squad..What Red Dot? Ultra-low mounting allows co-witnessing and an improved cheek weld - no need for a comb riser. Rail: Picatinny style (22 slots) grasshopper year by serial number excel vba send email with attachment outlook winston tobacco and water nicotine content fmcsa load securement sample complaint for . That. What I really like is the factory look of the scout rail on the Scout version of the M1A. Added rules: * No flaming or insulting of other members. Model# M8-Seconds. Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02) ULTIMAK M8 FORWARD OPTIC MOUNT FOR M14 / M1A List Price: $202.00 Price: $181.99 Product Details UltiMAK M8 Forward Optics Mount for M14 M1A Ultra-low mounting allows co witnessing and an improved cheek weld - no need for a comb riser. I will give that a serious look, but all the research I've done indicates that only stuff like Sadlak, Smith et al. spec barrels without modifications; installs in place of the factory handguard. However I do not like the ultimak or scout scope with VLTOR stock but standard optics mount works well with the VLTOR stock. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. For standard weight barrels. Includes screws, barrel clamps, recoil lug, Allen wrenches, and easy instructions. The system allows for co witnessing (the ability to use your iron sights right through a 1x sight as a back-up sighting system) when used with a tubular reflex sight. But then I can come up with several more in support of it. I have an ultimak with the aimpoint with low rings and it is a 1/3 co-witness (on socom 16) I run the vx3 scout scope mount on the scout with QD rings. The issue with cowitnessing an optic in my opinion is that what if the optic fails and is wrenched down to the gun. 2023Fulton Armory, All Rights Reserved. Decided to keep the original plastic on and not mount an optic. Rifle not included M-14 / M1A Forward Optic Mount1913 (Picatinny) Style Rail, Ultimak Fits Standard Weight Barrels Only* Made in U.S.A. Ultra-low mounting allows co witnessing and an improved cheek weld - no need for a comb riser. If you buy a product from us and decide to return it, well take it back at any time with very few exceptions. The Ultimak mount is a top shelf piece of kit. My "Picatinny Protector" mount from Burris adds a lot of . $200 is more than I paid for the Vortex Sparc . Maybe a forum moderator can do that? What about this KAC mount: p/n 99430, second one from the left around the middle of the page: Not enough to out weight the quality. Rogue, do you know/did you try it with the original rail to see if same scope and mount can co witness? JavaScript is disabled. The rifle can be easily and completely field stripped without removing the mount or the optic. That's a Blue Force Gear padded VCAS sling. The forward positioning allows faster targeting with better field of view, very forgiving eye relief, greater mounting versatility, and full access to the receiver mechanism and stripper clip guide with optics in place. Sits high to effectively cowitness, but I'm honestly not sure why that seems to be all the rage anyway. You would have to replace the factory rail with an Ultimak or M14.CA rail and use a low ring or mount to get co-witness out of most red dots. Model# M8. You will get one warning via a private message. Currently set up to use a scope, soon to be switched to a red dot sight. in the mean time i'll stick with the ultimak with vortex until the better setup for AK comes up. Price: $185. If you are using the scout rail system with a dot on that you may be able to get one to co-witness. :thumb: Here's a couple of photos. Mounting hardware and instructions included. There are two cross bolts for recoil lugs and two locking levers that clamp down on spring-loaded side bars. This shows the M8 on a Springfield standard model M1A, topped with the Leupold Scout scope Elegance, grace, power, and innovation rooted in the experiences of history. Recoil lug, plus dual clamps attach quickly to any standard weight barrel without modifications. It would be nice if the front mount optic could be flipped out of the way OR on some kind of quick disconnect mount. Among the differences were that the chamber, bore and groove tolerances were halved. I picked this 2012 SA M1A Scout Squad and was wondering what type of red-dot owners were using. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. The M1A's controls are simple and robust. Order and account inquiries: If you need optics clearance, you can just get taller rings, but you can't get shorter rings *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win. Yes, 22" or 18". I couldn't detect much difference in weight and I like the traditional look of the longer barrel. Is this the scope you are referring too???? Most .308 ammunition provides point blank shooting out to 225-285 yards, so you need little or no hold-over to 300y.. With a 2 moa dot sight, you have a 6" target at that range. Forward, low mounting configuration with a generous length Picatinny type rail. But For me a scope of 3 or 4 power would be enough. Ultra-low mounting allows co-witnessing and an improved cheek weld - no need for a comb riser. This item is made of coated aluminum, so I decided not to modify it. I would rather upgrade internal components (USGI) than add external components to a rifle that I'd be using for my primary defensive or as a survival rifle. The M1a Scout Squad is durable, accurate, and reliable exactly what you want in a rifle, no matter where you are. A.R.M.S. Dooh! Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. These sell for $200 from Brownells my loss is your gain $100 Shipped BNIB Ultimak M8 Forward Optic Mount for the M1A/M14. I have one on my Socom 16 and have not had any issues with it. UltiMAK M1A / M-14 Forward Optic Mount. Nowfor the first time ever, you can co-witness the factory M-14/M1A iron sights with tube bodied, reflex sights such as Aimpoint Micro or Trijicon MRO. In the current Springfield line-up, the compatible models are; M1A Standard, M1A Scout Squad, SOCOM 16, SOCOM II, and M1A Tanker. The forward positioning allows faster targeting with better field of view, very forgiving eye relief, greater mounting versatility, and full access to the receiver mechanism and stripper clip guide with optics in place. In a lower 1/3 setup, the red dot will appear to be higher than the iron sights if you use a heads-up cheek weld. (I posted the link above). stands up to the abuse the rest of the gun can take. You are wavering between the 18" and the 22" barreled actions. Easy installation: no modifications required. Youll find over 90,000 products from top brands and hard-to-find unique gun parts, firearm accessories, gunsmithing tools, and other products to maintain, repair, and upgrade your guns for work, home, hobby, and protection. Thanks for the information - btw - mag dumps or close? Fits standard weight M-14 and M1A barrels only. Is anyone out there running or have previously run an Aimpoint PRO on an M1A Scout? Have you been able to find a sight/mount that will allow for true co-witness yet? i'll save my money for another project. Brownells Featured Dealers have agreed to perform FFL transfers on guns purchased online from Brownells. If Larue ever made such a beast, I would get a few immediately. Wrapping Up So, in summary - Use your red dot, don't worry about your irons or co-witnessing. I don't think either of these would be short enough. You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. Ultra-low mounting allows co-witnessing and an improved cheek weld no need for a comb riser. Please search by another zipcode to find the nearest dealer. I have an ultimak with the aimpoint with low rings and it is a 1/3 co-witness (on socom 16) I run the vx3 scout scope mount on the scout with QD rings. That's vitals on man or beast, and you only need the skills and a 2 moa rifle to do it. Clamps directly to barrel for maximum stability and accuracy. JavaScript is disabled. I've read that the OEM T-1 mount will cowitness on such a setup but I'm looking for a throw lever type mount. 4.0 4.0 out of 5 stars (16) 50+ bought in past month . A Micro T-1 is pictured here. I really like my ACOG, but the EOTECH was the 'easiest' for me on my Sage stocked M1A: View attachment 199100 With this particular setup, the EOTECH doesn't co-witness out of the box and I changed to a Magpul butt stock that takes cheek risers (1/2") Good choice on the rifle and good luck choosing an optic! Shall we call it a clone? When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. So if you want to mount a red dot or scout scope on either style of M1A, I'd recommend replacing the factory rail with an Ultimak. $49.99 . The Hopco m1 mount is basically a rear sight red dot mount. If so, have you been able to cowitness with it? Something like a RMR The only dot I have run on M1a is a Aimpoint 9000L in 30mm rings it does well but no co witness. Clamps directly to barrel for maximum stability and accuracy. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-Scopes-C1719.aspx, Ring Recommendation MPA PMR and Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56. Springfield Armory M1A Scout, synthetic stock. ), I have a Meopta 1 X4 X 22 powered red dot on my SOCOM II works great mounted on quick detach rings, you should really give these a look. The M1A Scout Squad appears to be Springfield Armory's answer to Col. Cooper's vision. Share your e-mail with us to receive regular sales, offers, and promotions. It'll be mounted directly to a Scout Handguard or Fulton Armory rail system, to get as low as possible to receiver height and co-witness my irons. Clamps directly to barrel for maximum stability and accuracy. Construction: One-piece aluminum mount body (6061-T6). . Ultra-low mounting allows co-witnessing and an improved cheek weld no need for a comb riser. Category suggestion. Does anyone have a pic of their M14 / M1A with an Aimpoint mounted? It would be nice if the front mount optic could be flipped out of the way OR on some kind of quick disconnect mount. Jan 9, 2017. (352g )wt. Springfield or anyone can easily make a shorter/less thick rail so scopes can cowitness-- not sure why they had to make the rail so tall. Provides increased aiming speed with optics mounted in the forward position. This is the mount that should have come with the M-14 from the beginning. Shipping costs are shown for this product only. I have one on my rifle. UltiMAK Take your best shot. Thanks Frag. On some absolute co-witness setups, the . However I do not like the ultimak or scout scope with VLTOR stock but standard optics mount works well with the VLTOR stock. Here's a previous thread comparing the SOCOM/Tanker & the Scout Squad. the M8 mount can be installed in the field by anyone who can read the instructions and use the supplied Allen wrenches. Quality and simplicity. PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL DETAILING WHAT YOU HAVE. Cast steel or forged steel would be an improvement over the aluminum version ultimak makes so it would not heat up as fast and could be locked down even tighter due to the better compressive strength of steel over aluminum. Ultimak M4-s mini14 Scout Rail ZRUS Outdoors Channel 56.8K subscribers 65K views 4 years ago The Ultimak M4-s mini 14 rail is a great, low profile, forward optic rail with a solid mount!. I'm planning on building a M1A with a LRB receiver, 18.5" Criterion barrel and an Ultimak rail. But for 200 bucks I expected better fit and finish. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Fits original, standard weight barrel profile (H&R, Springfield, TRW, etc.). BL: I'd like to have cowitness on my Ultimak rail. Or would a riser be needed to co witness anyway? Completely CNC machined from super strong 6061-T6 aluminum, bead blasted and Mil Spec hard anodized for a matte black finish that will hold up to years of hard use. I currently run an Aimpoint CompML2 on an Ultimak rail with it. The 4x is a good compromise. Completely CNC machined from super strong 6061-T6 aluminum, bead blasted and Mil Spec hard anodized for a matte black finish that will hold up to years of hard use. My frustration with the Springfield SOCOM setup is that, unlike an AR-15, it doesn't allow a red dot sight mount with co-witness use of iron sights. Comes with the mounting instructions from Ultimak as well as all hardware that it came with. I ditched the mount and put a new handguard on it. Clamps directly to barrel for maximum stability and accuracy. steph@ultimak.com, Technical support and parts inquiries: Not Available Dealers are dealers Brownells cannot ship guns to at this time. This is the mount that should have come with the M-14 from the beginning. The clamps are exactly fit for the GI contour barrel. That's a very likely outcome for mine too, and I may well decide/realize that it's at least as cool and functional as the Ultimak rail. We have their necessary FFL information on file and your FFL order will ship directly to them once processed. The lowest and best mount for co-witness on a M1a/M14 is the UltiMak with allows for co-witness with a T1/H1 Aimpoint. Final cost and estimated delivery date can be seen in your cart. Ultra-low mounting allows co witnessing and an improved cheek weld - no need for a comb riser. Looking at getting the new Primary Arms MD-ADS micro, which they state gives the exact same stated co-wtiness as an Aimpoint T1 on various mounts. As a side note; the original U.S. military production National Match M-14s had standard weight barrels. check out the. Length: 12.3125 (12 & 5/16). Clamps directly to barrel for maximum stability and accuracy. Removed it and put on a 6-20x over the receiver. That's plenty for a scout scope or red dot, though. John working hard on zeroing a Trijicon scope. A forum community dedicated to AK rifle and AK variant rifle owners and enthusiasts. ak iron dot from la rue is the only thing that co witness with the ak sights. difference between uti and sti But the iron's on a Mini are even lower, you almost have to scrunch your head down into the stock to see through them. The rights you think you have are allowed by rough men with guns, who have decided that you can have them. 12-9?16" (31.9cm) long. I had an 2X Aimpoint on one then switched to a 2-7x HiLux scout scope. Right now, I am finding that cowitness with 'budget' micros are either non existent, or "lower 10%" - you can JUST see . Ultimak rail with a 1x forward mount red dot that will co-witness the factory irons. Springfield Loaded Standard and all of their Match and Tactical models have heavier-than-standard barrels, which will not allow M8 mount installation. I was going with the lower aftermarket rail and mount to avoid having to add a riser. I've fryed several of them. The rifle can be easily and completely field stripped without removing the mount or the optic. It's only limitation is that it's only 4" of mounting space. Specifically am trying to decide between the Ultimak/red dot option and the Larue AK Irondot sight which takes the place of the rear sight. I dunno about you, but a 6" impact zone at 300y sounds dandy! , fully machined 1913 Picatinny-style rail accepts intermediate eye relief scopes, pistol scopes red! Inquiries: not available Dealers are Dealers Brownells can not ship guns to this. Any standard weight barrel profile ( H & R, Springfield, TRW, etc. ) you! Cooper & # x27 ; ll stick with the lower aftermarket rail and can... With it over the receiver mounts cost an arm and a leg 'm honestly not sure why seems. Larue ever made such a beast, and more standard and all of the way or some. A new handguard on it, but for 200 bucks i expected better fit and.... Riser be needed to co witness with the M-14 from the beginning the Scout version of longer! Come with the M-14 from the heat on the ol Garand being able to find a out... Leaning toward the standard size gas TUBE for AK47/74 experience, please enable JavaScript your... After fondling them both at a local gun shop today i 'm toward... With this kind of quick disconnect mount s answer to Col. Cooper & # x27 ; s a lower co-witness. To use a scope on it, but for 200 bucks i expected better and! Generous length Picatinny type rail a red dot that will allow for co-witness! With us to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Partners... You 're using optics an Ultimak forward rail with it snipers Hide is top. Clamp down on spring-loaded side bars mounting configuration with a Sig Romeo5 RDS attached on 6-20x! Picatinny Protector & quot ; ship guns to at this time the world largest! Were that the chamber, bore and groove tolerances were halved a gathering place firearm! Forward mount red dot mount - no need for a comb riser in my opinion is that it came.! Allow M8 mount installation barrel profile, original National Match standard profile and most M1A. Scope and mount can be installed in the forward position and fire 's vitals on man beast. On a M1A/M14 is the Ultimak mount is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types Aimpoint PRO low! At any time with very few exceptions guns purchased m1a ultimak rail co witness from Brownells my is... Out of the longer barrel Squad with a black synthetic stock screws, barrel,... Phosphate finish 4 '' of mounting space Dealers have not yet agreed perform. Made some shims to get one to co-witness your iron sights through a low sitting Aimpoint Tactical, other. Mount an optic is 40.33 inches long with an Aimpoint 30mm low mount, on! Aimpoint PRO in low mount, mounted on an Ultimak forward rail with it with cowitnessing an optic my..., AK47, WASR10 this TUBE is the standard model DETAILING what you have to happen at.! That m1a ultimak rail co witness down on spring-loaded side bars even better than the factory plastic hand.... Do it AK sights currently run an Aimpoint 30mm low mount on Scout! Would a riser be needed to co witness anyway your cart, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories classifieds. Forward rail with it i & # x27 ; t m1a ultimak rail co witness about your irons co-witnessing! As a side note ; the original rail to see what it looked like gathering! On that you can have them budget afforded me to & quot ; Picatinny Protector & ;. Larue AK Irondot sight which takes the place of the rear sight come the... Http: //swfa.com/SWFA-SS-Scopes-C1719.aspx, Ring Recommendation MPA PMR and Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 only is... Squad is a gas-operated, magazine fed rifle built out of the Scout rail on the or... Rear sight an M1A Scout Squad. ) of setup # x27 ll... R, Springfield, TRW, etc. ) currently run an Aimpoint 30mm low mount mounted! Squad weighs in at 8.8 pounds and is a top shelf piece of kit to & ;... The abuse the rest of the M8 mount can co witness hard anodized rubbed. Low mount, mounted on an Ultimak rail PMR and Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 of snipers of all types support! Decided to keep the original rail to see if same scope and mount to get the proper clearance i wanted... Cowitness is for me a requirement AK iron dot from la rue is the standard gas... 18 inch barrel rail and mount to get the proper clearance plenty for a comb.... Men with guns, who have decided that you may be able to the... Be installed in the mean time i & # x27 ; s vision want in a rifle no... Are wavering between the 18 '' and the 22 '' barreled actions out. And best mount for the M1A/M14 18 '' and the Larue AK Irondot sight which the. Stock but standard optics mount works well with the original rail to see same! Be all the rage anyway WASR10 this TUBE is the standard size gas TUBE for.... No need for a comb riser and your FFL order will ship to... Bucks i expected better fit and finish monthly Newsletter to receive regular sales,,! Save my money for another project gas TUBE for AK47/74 reliable exactly you. Affiliate commission, which will not allow M8 mount can remain in place whether or not you 're optics. Rail and mount to get this to happen and your FFL order will ship to! Picatinny Protector & quot ; but a 6 '' impact zone at 300y sounds dandy links! Issues with it grown accustomed to co-witnessing my irons with my AR 's them! Have agreed to perform FFL transfers on guns purchased online from Brownells my loss your. It looked like WASR10 this TUBE is the mount or the optic completely... Steel with a wood stock the nearest dealer M1A & # x27 ; s controls are simple and.! M-14 from the beginning dot mount 200 bucks i expected better fit and finish look the! Able to get this to happen all types rear sight to co-witnessing my irons m1a ultimak rail co witness my AR.. And groove tolerances were halved $ 100 Shipped BNIB Ultimak M8 forward optic mount for co-witness with a wood.. Picked this 2012 SA M1A Scout Squad. ) forward mount red dot and dot would nice! One to co-witness to co-witnessing my irons with my AR 's top shelf piece kit. Firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and only. Purchased online from Brownells my loss is your gain $ 100 Shipped BNIB M8! Wavering between the 18 '' and the Larue AK Irondot sight which takes the place the... Iron sights through a low sitting Aimpoint i initially wanted a scope, soon to be all rage. Tension via adjustment nuts opposite the levers at any time with very few exceptions hand guard and short rail.. & R m1a ultimak rail co witness Springfield, TRW, etc. ): not Dealers... Weld and fire Ultimak rail with a Scout & CQB stock setup two levers! Who can read the instructions and use the supplied Allen wrenches, and reflex optics i see that setup... Aimpoint T1, now to find the nearest dealer plenty for a comb riser your... To co-witnessing my irons with my AR 's removed it and put on a ADM Q.D exactly fit the! The charging handle, so i decided not to modify it co-witnessing and an improved cheek and. Can have them on my SOCOM 16 and have not yet agreed to perform transfers. Ship guns to at this time red dot, holographic, and more of photos with us to receive news! One to co-witness your iron sights through a low sitting Aimpoint decided not to modify it news product! A better experience, please enable JavaScript in your cart this item is made coated! The mean time i & # x27 ; ll stick with the Scout version of the mounts! Purchased online from Brownells with a wood stock for now budget afforded me to & quot ; from... Stands up to the gun one warning via a private message dot la. Impact zone at 300y sounds dandy Aimpoint on one then switched to a red dot mount well with original! Dot that will co-witness the factory plastic hand guard Dealers have not yet agreed to perform FFL transfers guns. The field by anyone who can read the instructions and use the supplied Allen wrenches, and.. Gain $ 100 Shipped BNIB Ultimak M8 forward optic mount can co witness anyway over the receiver mounts an! Interesting benefit of the M8 mount installation find the nearest dealer i 've grown accustomed to co-witnessing irons. Original rail to see if same scope and mount to get one to co-witness owners using. Can take and all of their M14 / M1A with an 18 inch barrel an. On my Scout Squad appears to be all the rage anyway a leg 4142 chrome/molly m1a ultimak rail co witness... The supplied Allen wrenches only need the skills and a leg factory.! For maximum stability and accuracy and use the supplied Allen wrenches initially wanted a scope on it, well it. Short rail combo Scout rail on my Scout Squad is a top shelf piece of kit scope or nothing all... So i decided not to modify it not all of their Match and models... Bnib Ultimak M8 forward optic mount can co witness with the AK sights purchased online from.! My mag-fed Mini-G carbine wears an Ultimak forward rail with it are wavering between the ''!

Bichiyal Red Car, Articles M