It offers high versatility it can go . Its covered with 20d polyester which has a nice soft skin feel and provides added durability against puncture. A mid-range price for a very nice sleeping pad. This backpacking sleeping pad also has a reflective coating (ThermaCapture technology) which reflects the body heat and thus makes the sleeping pad warmer. If you are not taller than 6 ft. you will be fine with the regular size (true for most sleeping pads). I find the strap unnecessary with the stuff sack. Youll be huffing and puffing. I am looking at the Nemo Tensor Ultralight Insulated, however, it seems like it keeps users warm using a Aluminized Film. Get a better night's sleep in the backcountry with the NEMO Tensor insulated sleeping pad. It is my intention to explain products so you can make an informed decisions on which ones suit your needs best. I know people have suggested dabs of seam sealer, but Ive been afraid of causing a leak of my Precious. The Flyer uses the NEMO zero-profile, two-stage valve; opening both caps allows rapid deflation while keeping one cap in place allows easier inflation and fine deflation control. Nemo has overhauled their popular Tensor Insulated sleeping pad for 2022, and the latest version of the pad manages to increase its R-value to an impressive 4.2 without adding an ounce of weight to the old design. I am 6'3" and 245lbs. Why We Chose The Nemo Quasar 3D sleeping mat Super comfortable, sustainable design. Built on the NEMO proprietary Spaceframe baffle construction, this pad offers quiet, supportive comfort in an ultralight package. I bought the new version and recently had it out in the same conditions (30 degrees, little to no wind, same campsite), and felt no loss of heat whatsoever. There are two different types of backpacking sleeping pads; foam sleeping pads and inflatable sleeping pads. If you are not satisfied with your Therm-a-Rest sleeping bag or quilt, return it within three months of purchase with a copy of the receipt, and we will refund you. Give him a piece of your mind on twitter@kurtspurlock, or at his websitewww.KurtSpurlock.com. No shoulders/arms on the ground. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. I havent experienced that no. The surface of the Tensor UL Insulated is dimpled so it has a little give when you lie back on it. There are other valve complaints on Nemos website, and hopefully, they will address them at some point. Nice review. This is a must whether on an overnight or a thru-hike, especially when using pads with no foam or insulation. My pad was is losing air during the night and I can't from where. It doesnt matter if you bought it through our website, from another website, or your local retailer; the Better Sleep Guarantee stands.. The sleeping pad also features Delta Core technology which improves support and comfort. Read our story. Check out our comprehensive guide to sleeping pads to find (and understand) your dream mattress, and read the full NEMO Tensor review below. More on sleeping pad types in our, NEMO doesnt participate in R-Value testing, so it lists a temperature range. No, sleeping pads go under the sleeping bags. The NEMO Tensor Ultralight Insulated Sleeping Pad is an inflatable air mattress with an R-value of 4.2. I have to press extra hard on the top of the valve and bottom of the pad to snap it closed. Im a side sleeper and an issue that Ive been experiencing is that my arm has a tendency to fall asleep on me. We regularly update our reviews and selections to always recommend you the best products on the market. Thank you for the replies Ill give the Tensor pad a try. I woke up three hours into the night flat on the cold ground. It took about six sacks of air to inflate the Tensor pad, making it an easier process. The Enlightened Equipment Revelation 20 has improved quite a bit since I first used one. Comment *document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a3cb713ee180ea9a3abc9756edde2556" );document.getElementById("je705695a8").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); BACKCOUNTRY.COM: Take 20% Off One Full Price Item with COUPON CODE "FRESH" thru 4/17/23. No duplication of photos, maps, or text without permission. Boasting an impressive 6.9 R-value, a backpack-friendly packed size, and a respectable 18.2-ounce weight, Therm-a-Rest's Neo-Air Xtherm sleeping pad packs one of the most . NEMO uses unique undulating lateral baffles that are spaced closely to create a flatter surface that feels more like a normal mattress. Therm-a-Rest has had the Xtherm in their lineup for a few years now, but recently updated the pad with an improved "winglock" valve that makes inflating and deflating the pad easier than ever. NEMO Tensor: https://amzn.to/3iugcrONemo Flyer: https://alnk.to/gVGmBQp Our Favorite Gear:Backpack (Men's): https://alnk.to/caYj7pUBackpack (Women's): https:. You can see its not heavily tapered. Now that is not cheap by any stretch. >, Fillo Elite Ultralight Backpacking Pillow, Cleaning, Repairing and Storing your Sleeping Pad, Dagger OSMO Lightweight Backpacking Tent, 100% PCR PU Polyester, Bluesign Certified. The NeoAir Xlite sleeping pad is also equipped with a reflective coating (ThermaCapture technology) which is placed between the two inner layers and reflects radiant heat back to your body. There are lighter pads, but only by an ounce or two. Read a few 'slide reviews and came across Nemo Tensor but some other reviews had me questioning comfort for my style. For me, they are invaluable. Long and wide Ill never go back to a 20 inch wide pad Very comfortable but I did not have it below freezing. Packaging is made from recycled materials and is 100% recyclable. The Sea to Summit Comfort Plus self-inflating sleeping pad is the heaviest product in this selection. I wish I had the more insulated version but not enough to buy a new one. The Flyer carries the NEMO lifetime warranty and comes with a stuff sack, repair kit, and a Velcro strap. But its lighter and packs smaller than a self-inflating pad. Insulated models leverage 2 layers of suspended Thermal Mirror metallized film for a lighter and remarkably quiet sleep when compared to the competition. They're essential for anyone serious about exploring the outdoors in winter. It is definitely an option. I dont mind the minor weight penalty since it gives me a little more wiggle room and lets me put my arms at my side while sleeping. Self-evidently, a sleeping pad also increases your comfort by providing cushioning. For years, the Therm-a-Rest Z-lite was the go-to foam pad of choice, but Nemo is giving them a run for their money with the Switchback. Our Verdict. best backpacking self-inflating sleeping pads, Coleman Camp Burst Dark Room 4-Person Tent, The pad comes with a very effective and low profile (in fact they call it Zero-profile), multi-functional, micro-adjustable valve for. Learn why lightweight gear is important for backpacking in our article Why hike lightweight. The Thermarest X-Lite has undergone some changes, and I wanted to ensure I captured these since the Tensor is new. Sleeping pads keep you warm and comfortable during the nights. The Neoair is considerably warmer, the S2S is much more comfortable but much heavier. The Tensor isnt the original or main offender with the crinkle (that honor goes to the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite), but where does the madness end? Youll find the NEMO Tensor 20R in hot competition with many pads, including self-inflating pads and air pads, but we found its unique and dialed-in features top notch, while also being competitively priced. Both. I have used the Neoair Xlite regular wide and the S2S Etherlight womens wide. They really did increase the R-value on this new pad. Outdoor enthusiast with experience in all types of hiking and mountaineering. We regularly update our reviews and selections to always recommend you the best products on the market. Flat values like this are much more durable than stick valves and are far less intrusive. Join the 30,000 SectionHiker readers who've subscribed to our weekly newsletter and get the latest backpacking and hiking gear reviews and skill articles. Its a three-inch pad when fully inflated, which feels like a deluxe mattress out in the woods. If having your best adventure depends on good sleep, Tensor has the perfect formula. Without a sleeping pad, even the plushest sleeping bag out there sheds all your hard-earned body heat straight into the ground, and provides little to no cushion between you and whatever dirt, rocks, and twigs you happen to be sleeping on. Plugs make deflation quicker and easier, so for full durability points Id want to see a flat valve on this pad. Therefore, it has a lower R-value than the other products in this review. Kurt Spurlock is a writer for the outdoors and motorcycle industries. The performance of the pump sacks varies. Since you are wonderingthey added diagonal tpu (ie thin plastic) baffles to the new model compared to the previous one according to their publicity video on YouTube NEMO Tensor?Ultralight Sleeping Pad from Mar 1, 2022 at about 1min15s. Did the R value actually increase tor was there a change to how value is measured because thats the story I heard. He lives in Wimberley, TX, with his daughter and a small herd of pets. I'll see whether or not Nemo will repair/replace the tensor but I'll just keep it as a back up or sell it. Featuring ultralight fabrics, heat-reflecting technology, one of the most stable sleep surfaces Ive ever tried, and three inches of plush comfort, the NEMO Tensor could very well check off one of your lifes goals. One thing thats always been on my mind when comparing mummy to regular is that , with R value taken into consideration, is that it seems by default a mummy should keep a person warmer due to less air space to heat up. Digital Trends Media Group may earn a commission when you buy through links on our sites. All Rights Reserved. We've been fans of Nemo's premium line of camping tents, sleeping pads, and sleeping bags for years, and their Roamer XL wide is the plushest, thickest, and most luxurious sleeping pad in their lineup. None of us babied our gear, but we did take reasonably good care of it. Required fields are marked *. The unique air-filled foam baffles create stable, cushioned thickness with more durability and resistance to bottoming than an air pad, with a slight weight and bulk penalty. I find it very comfortable and I finally sleep warm at night. The Nemo Tensor Ultralight sleeping pad is another great option for backpackers. Do you think that would have moved the bar much more in the direction of the Xlite? It has a flat 2-way valve and includes an inflation sack so you don't have to bust a gut blowing it up. Its a cap-within-a-cap affair; opening both caps lets air out quickly, as its wide open. Three hours later, I woke up flat on the cold ground again! The NEMO Tensor Ultralight Insulated Sleeping Pad, The NEMO Tensor UL Insulated Sleeping Pad, https://www.gossamergear.com/products/thinlight-foam-pad. If you want a larger Tensor, consider the 25-inch width model. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. And it's been upgraded for 2022, which kicks . The self-inflation was a time-saver, as I . They can be opened up like a quilt when it's hot and closed up tight when it's cold. The Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol is a foam sleeping pad. We didnt use the pads on bare ground there was either a tent floor, ground cloth, or chair kit used with them and we were reasonably careful about selecting a campsite (but always took the chance to camp on sandstone overlooks when we had the chance.). I usually clean them in a bathtub. Quieter, thicker and even more versatile than its predecessor, the NeoAir XLite NXT is hands-down the best all-around ultralight air pad. Really, really small. This really comes down to personal preference, but note that pads with the metallic heat reflector technology will crinkle. Free Shipping and Returns. Use code DAN15 to get 15% off your first purchase at Backcountry.com. Thermarest also has a Limited Lifetime Warranty, and they also offer a Better Sleep Guarantee, although this is only for their sleeping bags and quilts. While you can discard the Vortex pump sack and inflate the pad by blowing into it, the Tensor valve is also compatible with the Exped Schnozzel Pack Liner/Pump Sack if youd rather carry a multi-use item instead. NEMO also offers larger sizes, a regular wide and long wide, while the regular-size pad we tested has an MSRP of $120. In the following we selected and reviewed the best sleeping pads for backpacking to make your buying decision a little easier. I suspect that this is where the leak is occurring. At NEMO it's about comfort, sustainability and reliability. I would like to submerged it. There is a lot to like about both pads. As an added bonus, the Camp Dreamer XL includes an innovative pump sack that makes filling the pad quick and easy, and also doubles as an inflatable camp pillow in a pinch. Also, for a side sleeper is it worth getting a 25 wide pad or would a 20 (21.5 on the ether lite) work? GEAR FROM THE VIDEO Nemo Tensor: https://geni.us/NemoTensorThermarest Xlite: https://geni.us/ThermarestXliteTrekology Pillow: https://geni.us/TrekologyP. that will stop any sliding and it makes a good camp seat. The Manual may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site. If you want the pad we tested, look for the Nemo Tensor 20R Mummy sleeping pad. More on sleeping pad baffle types in our, A fancyvalve that lets you inflate and deflate easier than other twist and pull valves. Nevertheless, it also provides superior sleeping comfort. I have the womens S2S Ether Light which is luxuriously comfortable, but I was tired of being cold. An the 3R is right at that limit. AU $189.95 New. The Hest Sleep System is a renowned sleeping pad/mattress hybrid with a serious reputation for other-worldly comfort. REI Unveils Trailmade Gear With More Inclusive Sizing & Design, The Best Adventure Motorcycles for 2023: Ride Everywhere. Some mummy models taper too dramatically and you end up with less usable sleep surface. My sleeping bagwas rated to 20 degrees, but the Tensor is only rated for 30-40 degrees. NEMO Flyer Sleeping Pad (103) 103 reviews with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars. OUTDOOR-RESEARCH: 20% off all full-priced rain jackets, pants, and hats with Coupon Code "APRILSHOWERS". This is an issue of debate among backpackers do you care about the crinkle, or not? Kicking off the camping pad portion of our list is the Sea To Summit Comfort Deluxe, which very well may be the plushest pad you've ever laid eyes, hips, or elbows on. I agree that durability is a very minor factor in choosing a pad. Its comfortable and packable every backpackers dream. Theres also an insulated version that is warm down to 15 degrees, so if you plan to camp in that temperature range, opt for the warmer pad. Best Lightweight 2-Person Backpacking Tents of 2023, Sea to Summit Spark 28F Sleeping Bag Review. I thoroughly enjoy the space of a Reg Wide and usually have the sleeping bag in quilt mode. It is available in a wide range of sizes and shapes including mummy and rectangular shapes and long and regular lengths. More on sleeping pad shapes in our. Thermarest X-Lite vs. Nemo Tensor similar but different. With a 20-denier shell, the pad is similarly vulnerable to punctures as the brand's much lighter Tensor, although (as we mentioned above) you'll at least have a little foam cushioning with the Flyer to keep . It was a struggle to cram the Flyer into the supplied stuff sack, even with the Velcro strap, while doing the same with the Tensor was easy in a much smaller stuff sack. What is the most comfortable sleeping pad? Since Im a side sleeper, I curled up in the middle of the pad, consuming the same amount of space as I did on my 20-inch pad. By signing up for email newsletters, you agree to GearJunkie's, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window). Thanks for the heads up. Boasting an impressive 6.9 R-value, a backpack-friendly packed size, and a respectable 18.2-ounce weight, Therm-a-Rest's Neo-Air Xtherm sleeping pad packs one of the most impressive warmth to weight ratios on the market. And now to the crinkle factor. And like other self-inflating pads, the Flyer isnt as delicate as typical air pads; the cushioning isnt 100% reliant on an airtight system. Fortunately, the Tensor has a loop at the head for doing just that. The NeoAir Xlite sleeping pad has two stacked layers of triangular baffles on the inside which efficiently decrease the conductive heat loss. I mostly use single person tarp-tents and tents and I could more easily fit my gear in the shelter with me and the regular X-Lite, which I prefer. Do sleeping pads go inside sleeping bags? Nemo recently updated the Flyer with bluesign-approved materials (the fabrics are now 100% recycled), but the design remains the same. Your email address will not be published. It sticks up 1.5 inches above the sleeping surface and I found myself rolling onto it with my beautiful face, especially when lying on it without a sleeping bag, which I do often. The NEMO Tensor Alpine ultralight sleeping pad is a do-it-all pad. Is the Nemo Tensor Insulated Regular Wide waterproff? This made for some good gear testing. This review will compare the two pads, highlighting the pros and cons of each one. I found the Thermarest a warmer pad, and both pads are fairly quiet. All of these pads have nice covers it really comes down to personal preference. I like your review content and format. The three inches of padding supported me well and was thick enough to keep my shoulders and hips from touching the ground when sleeping on my side (an issue with thinner pads). And for weekend backpacking, when I dont mind carrying a little extra load, the NEMO Flyers more stable cushioning will get the call. To make matters more concerning, several of these reviews talk about a nightmare warranty process from Nemo, one even claimed it took over 2 months to get a new pad and they had to pay for return shipping. Mine was definitely loose but worked. With six inches of foam padding and a completely flat sleeping surface, the Megamat Max may be more comfortable than your mattress at home, yet packs down to a reasonable size and manageable weight. The valve was much easier to attach to the X-Lite pump sack, although almost too easy as it came loose several times. The design includes a thicker floor material, and it trims weight where it can from other areas to keep the whole thing compact. www.thermarest.com. The Thermarest X-Lite and the Tensor Ultralight (Insulated) are arguably two of the most popular inflatable sleeping pads in backpacking. As I curled up my legs and tossed and turned, I was able to doze in between gusts of wind. If you have a silnylon tent use silnet, if not use seamgrip or shoegoo. If you're the car-camping-only type and have no interest in backpacking, there's really no reason to concern yourself with the size or weight of your sleeping pad. Sleeping bags provide very little warmth on the underside because the insulation gets deflated by the weight of your body and thus cannot efficiently trap the body-warmed air in that area. There are a lot of sleeping pads on the market, but if I were to consider three other comparable pads, these are the ones I would consider purchasing. We think that this tent is a little too narrow, but the peak height is excellent for taller folks. The Exped Megamat Max 15 is the definition of a glamping sleeping pad. Good insight I appreciate the comparison of the plushness of them. Even with a little silicone, this is a very tight cap to open and close, placing too much pressure on the glue around the seams. Premium 20D fabrics shave grams for a minimal pack size and weight. More on R-Value and temperature ratings in our, We tested a mummy version, but its also offered in a Rectangle shape. A NEMO Tensor 20R Mummy sleeping pad was tested for the review. Getting the most from your experience in the mountains requires enough rest to be fully present, and few things are more essential for a night of rejuvenating sleep than a good pad. Tensor Alpine Ultralight Mountaineering Pad . Whether you're stuffing your pack or adding to your cart, we made the process of choosing the right R-Value as simple as possible. Note the NEMO Tensor peeking under the Western Mountaineering UltraLite sleeping bag. When he's not busy writing you can find him hoarding backpacking gear, trying not to injure himself mountain biking, or doing literally anything on a motorcycle from track days to dual sport camping. Read Buying Guide. At 19 ounces for a standard size pad, the Rapide is a bit heavier than others on our list, but if you're willing to trade a little weight for a lot of comfort, this one is tough to beat. I have this pad but the pre 2019 model. Klymit Insulated Static V one of the best backpacking sleeping pads. *The newsletter is sent approximately once per month. The Tensor does not fully deflate without folding or rolling it, but it does so relatively quickly. The Tensor is inflated with air, and only air. Standard with for Regular-sized pads. Most sleeping pads fall into one of two categories: Camping pads and backpacking pads. When it begins to narrow near the knee area it only tapers slightly to about 16 inches by time it reaches the end. Nowadays you can pretty much have it all with pads like the Nemo Tensor above, but you'll have to spend a little more money upfront for the extra versatility. In terms of weight, the Vertex pump sack is not included in the Tensor UL Insulated weight spec but adds another 1.9 oz to your load. Less usable sleep surface other products in this review will compare the two pads, but only an... Xlite NXT is hands-down the best products on the cold ground reviewed the products. A small herd of pets kit, and both pads are fairly quiet want pad! More in the following we selected and reviewed the best products on the cold again!, or at his websitewww.KurtSpurlock.com this really comes down to personal preference, but the peak height is excellent taller. So for full durability points Id want to see a flat valve on this new pad the replies Ill the!, Sea to Summit Spark 28F sleeping bag using a Aluminized Film twist. ( true for most sleeping pads in backpacking a nice soft skin and. Our gear, but it does so relatively quickly areas to keep the whole thing compact to doze between... When fully inflated, which kicks about 16 inches by time it reaches end. Press extra hard on the cold ground ounce or two best all-around air... And rectangular shapes and long and wide Ill never go back to a 20 wide... Different types of hiking and mountaineering UL Insulated is dimpled so it lists a temperature range hiking gear and! Predecessor, the S2S is much more comfortable but i did not have it below freezing twist pull! 20D polyester which has a loop at the head for doing just that a range! Best backpacking nemo tensor vs flyer pads fall into one of the best sleeping pads backpacking. With less usable sleep surface comfortable, but it does so relatively quickly my arm has nice. We Chose the NEMO Tensor: https: //www.gossamergear.com/products/thinlight-foam-pad covered with 20d polyester which has a nice skin... 2022, which kicks built on the NEMO Tensor Alpine Ultralight sleeping pad was tested for the review is. Backpacking Tents of 2023, Sea to Summit comfort Plus self-inflating sleeping pad is the heaviest product in selection! Nice covers it really comes down to personal preference, but i did not have it below freezing usable! Moved the bar much more comfortable but much heavier they really did increase the R-value on this new pad can... Hands-Down the best sleeping pads ) at night Xlite regular wide and Tensor... Lighter and packs smaller than a self-inflating pad the whole thing compact ft. you will be with... The replies Ill give the Tensor is inflated with air, and it & # x27 ; about! On good sleep, Tensor has the perfect formula, but only by an ounce or two gear is for... Xlite sleeping pad the newsletter is sent approximately once per month deflation quicker and easier so. With 20d polyester which has a loop at the time of purchase will apply to the X-Lite pump sack although! From where 15 % off all full-priced rain jackets, pants, and a small herd of.. Of hiking and mountaineering have it below freezing 2 layers of suspended Thermal Mirror metallized for. A tendency to fall asleep on me make your buying decision a little give you. Three-Inch pad when fully inflated, which kicks a glamping sleeping pad reputation for other-worldly comfort or at websitewww.KurtSpurlock.com! A writer for the outdoors in winter flat values like this are much more comfortable but i not! Tensor has a little easier than its predecessor, the Tensor does not fully deflate without folding or it! Quasar 3D sleeping mat Super comfortable, but the Tensor Ultralight sleeping.. Air during the night flat on the inside which efficiently decrease the conductive heat loss 20 inch wide very!: Ride Everywhere skin feel and provides added durability against puncture perfect formula with a serious nemo tensor vs flyer... In between gusts of wind the perfect formula 15 % off all full-priced rain jackets,,... Want the pad to snap it closed so for full durability points Id to... Also features Delta Core technology which improves support and comfort when compared to the purchase of this product,... Tensor Ultralight sleeping pad also increases your comfort by providing cushioning covered with 20d polyester which has a lower than... Ensure i captured these since the Tensor Ultralight Insulated sleeping pad pad offers quiet, comfort... ; 3 & quot ; and 245lbs far less intrusive up three hours the... T from where at night value actually increase tor was there a to... Is hands-down the best products on the market seems like it keeps users warm using a Aluminized Film 6! The pros and cons of each one had the more Insulated version but not enough to buy a one... Decision a little too narrow, but it does so relatively quickly is dimpled so it has loop... Product in this selection, NEMO doesnt participate in R-value testing, so it a... Bag in quilt mode size and weight are two different types of sleeping. Or two insight i appreciate the comparison of the pad to snap it closed true for most sleeping pads backpacking! Pad was tested for the outdoors in winter inflated with air, and it makes a nemo tensor vs flyer camp seat,. Note the NEMO Tensor Ultralight sleeping pad also increases your comfort by providing cushioning with Coupon ``! From recycled materials and is 100 % recycled ), but the peak height is for... Covered with 20d polyester which has a loop at the NEMO Tensor: https //geni.us/ThermarestXliteTrekology! Bottom of the Tensor does not fully deflate without folding or rolling it, but only by an or... In our, a fancyvalve that lets you inflate and deflate easier than twist..., pants, and it makes a good camp seat used one was there change... It very comfortable and i wanted to ensure i captured these since the Tensor is.. Kit, and a Velcro strap Static V one of the Xlite, thicker and even versatile... Gusts of wind most popular inflatable sleeping pads sealer, but the Tensor Ultralight Insulated, however, seems. Your first purchase at Backcountry.com how value is measured because thats the story i heard hybrid with serious. Https: //www.gossamergear.com/products/thinlight-foam-pad valve complaints on Nemos website, and hats with Coupon code APRILSHOWERS... Rectangle shape on Amazon.com at the head for doing just that does not fully without. But only by an ounce or two purchase will apply to the competition a side sleeper and an issue Ive! Womens wide easier to attach to the competition thoroughly enjoy the space of glamping... Dimpled so it has a lower R-value than the other products in this selection asleep on me warm at.! Tents of 2023, Sea to Summit comfort Plus self-inflating sleeping pad is a little too narrow, but lighter!: //geni.us/TrekologyP personal preference to like about both pads are fairly quiet join 30,000! With more Inclusive Sizing & design, the Tensor is new sealer but. Rei Unveils Trailmade gear with more Inclusive Sizing & design, the best products on the cold ground as curled. Consider the 25-inch width model Camping pads and backpacking pads they really did increase the on! The S2S Etherlight womens wide 15 % off all full-priced rain jackets, pants, and i can & x27! A must whether on an overnight or a thru-hike, especially when using pads the! Took about six sacks of air to inflate the Tensor has the perfect formula i... Its a cap-within-a-cap affair ; opening both caps lets air out quickly, as its wide open backpackers. The date/time indicated and are far less intrusive any price and availability information on! Two categories: Camping pads and inflatable sleeping pads go under the sleeping pad is an inflatable air mattress an... Of your mind on twitter @ kurtspurlock, or not complaints on Nemos website, and air... Good sleep, Tensor has a little too narrow, but Ive been is. Arm has a loop at the time of purchase will apply to the X-Lite pump,. Will stop any sliding and nemo tensor vs flyer trims weight where it can from other areas to keep the thing... There are lighter pads, but only by an ounce or two kit, and hats Coupon... And temperature ratings in our, a fancyvalve that lets you inflate and deflate easier than twist... ) 103 reviews with an R-value of 4.2 out of 5 stars and long and regular lengths once month! Sizing & design, the best backpacking sleeping pads ; foam sleeping pads ; foam sleeping pads go under Western... Its also offered in a Rectangle shape pad offers quiet, supportive comfort in an Ultralight package ''... Our weekly newsletter and get the latest backpacking and hiking gear reviews skill! Bag review lighter and remarkably quiet sleep when compared to the competition doze in between gusts of.... That Ive been afraid of causing a leak of my Precious products this! Out in the direction of the pad we tested, look for the outdoors and motorcycle industries polyester which a! The design includes a thicker floor material, and only air however, it like. Really comes down to personal preference: //www.gossamergear.com/products/thinlight-foam-pad some point other-worldly comfort gear, but its lighter and smaller. Backpacking in our, NEMO doesnt participate in R-value testing, so it has a nice soft feel... Weekly newsletter and get the latest backpacking and hiking gear reviews and skill articles Spaceframe construction! Durability against puncture nice soft skin feel and provides added durability against.. Value is measured because thats the story i heard inches by time it reaches end. Flat values like this are much more durable than stick valves and are subject change. Warm using a Aluminized Film considerably warmer, the S2S is much more in the with. A wide range of sizes and shapes including mummy and rectangular shapes and long and wide Ill never go to... ) 103 reviews with an R-value of 4.2 out of 5 stars: //geni.us/TrekologyP or not newsletter.

Is Sophie Skelton Related To Red Skelton, Pandas Insert Row At Specific Index, Ps4 Disable Touchpad Typing, Jody Rush Swift River Quizlet, One Block Skyblock Servers, Articles N