In addition, the boat features two comfortable contoured seats, molded-in cup holders, a storage hatch and a third center bench seat that doubles as a cooler. So, the canoe is very stable but their is some wobble so that you can go down smaller rapids and movement in water. The downfall to this is that if you do hit something sharp and with a good amount of force your in trouble. Both canoes are in good shape. This canoe is one of the smoothest canoes we have owned. Welcome to Lost Paddle Kayak Shop and Tavern!We are located in Lillington, NC between Raleigh and Fayetteville. But which watercraft is better, and why? Old Town sportsman square back 15.4' canoe /w trolling motor and more - $1000 (Rochester) Selling Old Town 15.6 foot canoe. (107 cm)Weight: 104 lbs. Whether rowed, paddled or motored, youll enjoy the Discovery 15. Both kayaks and canoes have been used for thousands of years. It flows through the water and the material is very durable. The new Sportsman 106 is basically the same kayak as the highly regardedOldTownTopwater 106 with the new Sportsman line colors, graphics and seat fabric. Because it is faster and easier to paddle, stability is lost. The trolling motors battery weighs more than the gasser motors battery. Thank you for supporting us! A screwdriver is used to mark serial numbers into the wood frame. The boats themselves are ideal for Kayak Fishing or other sporting uses such as hunting or wildlife viewing due to Old Towns emphasis on stability, high capacity in a compact form factor, seat comfort and ease of use above everything else. Knowing this, I am going to have to take down the hoist system I just installed, as it is only rated at 100 lbs max. Esquif canoes have been the industry standard for whitewater canoeing for many years. The reason it is flexible is because it is so thin. The Waterstream X-13 Wide Transom Canoe is built for unparalleled stability. With a square back, its easy to add a motor or trolling motor to this canoe, making it even more versatile. I will give my word that I have taken this canoe in terrible spots too. When youre fully loaded up for a day of fishing or duck hunting, you might struggle to propel your canoe just using your own strength. The canoe will remain on display at the University of Wisconsin-Madison until it is shipped to a museum or research facility. Square Stern Canoes We sell a full selection of popular square stern canoes. 3 year old, like new, 16` Old Town Sportsman Saranac, Square Back Canoe with 4 HP Johnson Outboard with accessories two chairs, fuel tank, fuel can, extended outboard control, Cabelas life jackets, grease gun, and motor stand. The Saranac 146 canoe offers a wide range of features at a very reasonable price. We specialize in recreational, fishing, and whitewater kayaks. The canoe is also easy to maneuver in tight spots, and tracks well in the water. It's perfect for fishing, hunting, or just exploring the great outdoors. That is where I draw the line. Bolt Action; . With a square back, it's easy to add a motor or trolling motor to this canoe, making it even more versatile. This is full package to take your family out on the water and enjoy. Not only is it limited, but there is little grip from an area where the hull has a sharp v-shape, the area usually relied on for tracking. For other shooting options with a GoPro, I place a pole into the rear rod holders. Its perfect for fishing, hunting, or just exploring the great outdoors. SmartMarineGuide New York, NY - All rights The margin was razor-thin, but Old Town Canoes prevailed over the Penobscot by a single point. This is THE canoe for flatwater hunting and fishing. And longer canoe is better for poling. The Solo is a solo canoe that is perfect for paddling on your own. 2000 OLD TOWN 15 FOOT CANOE! In Old Town, there is a fiberglass specialty surf kayak that introduces a new sports concept. Aside from being a strong material, wood can also be used in a variety of ways. Just bought the Old Town Sportsman 15 at Dick's Sporting Goods two weekends ago. $925.00. Great Outdoor Provision Co. is pleased to be a launch partner for Old Towns new Sportsman Series. I would certainly recommend this boat for anybody who wants to take kids out, friends out, or any other reason. Its a stable and sturdy canoe thats perfect for fishing, hunting, or just cruising around on the lake. canoes made of two types of materials: wood and high-density polyethylene (HDPE). Sportsman Canoe also offers canoeing and camping classes, so that everyone can learn how to safely enjoy these activities. The wide beam affords very good stability even with the dog on board. No spam ever, unsubscribe at any time! bottles, and some 32 oz. Best of all, its very reasonably priced. I had to look for something that was under $500 and gave me a lot of options. Stored under cover most of its life. In 2006, they took a canoe trip together in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in Minnesota. Length:120Width:36Weight:106lbsWeight Capacity:500 lbsPropulsion:Old Town PDL Drive. I have for sale a great Old Town Sportsman Square Stern Canoe. We've put together the list of the best lightweight canoes that will let you relax during long wilderness journeys and gentle cruises across open lakes. For one, I was able to get the canoe for $399 at Dick's Sporting Goods which is rather cheap for a canoe. 14 1/2 foot lone includes paddles. 16 Ft. It even has a built-in carrying yoke for comfort. Square-backed canoes are specifically designed for mounting motors at the rear. It is a bit heavy to handle by myself so I am now looking to buy a trailer. Once it is in the water, it is a joy for three or two and two kids. Wider canoes are slower across the water. It is always on at all times, and it is extremely quiet. He is also a cofounder of PaddleMore.co.uk. Length: 12 ft. (3.66 m)Width: 36 in. There are three cup holders that can hold 12 oz. They range from the Discovery 119 solo canoe (measuring 11'9"), to the tandem Discovery 169 (16'9"). Stern Canoe Sale Price: $1,299.00 MSRP: $1,699.00 13' 6" Old River Square Stern Canoe Sale Price: $1,384.00 The Ruppenthal brothers grew up canoeing and camping in the Adirondack Mountains of New York and have continued to paddle and camp together as adults. I love this canoe and I plan on keeping it for years to come. Plan to keep the canoe because it has everything else we are looking for, but am a little irritated with Dick's Sporting Goods. The 17, I think, is too much to handle, solo, loading it on the minivan. (4.72 m)Width: 42 in. The Mackinaw is long enough to carry a reasonable speed, though, and at 42 inches wide, more than stable enough to stand and cast. The dry box is good for storage and it has plenty of room for two people. Was $1600 new from L.L.Bean. These canoes are designed to be strong enough to carry a load of equipment and have extra structural support on the rear for a motor. I would much rather be out in this than a smaller canoe in cold-weather conditions. Compare Compare Now. I would recommend this particular canoe for couples that enjoy floating. The boat is 154 overall, 44 wide, and is rated to accommodate 4 people or 765lbs. (748.4 kg) Material: Three Layer Polyethylene HP Rating: 4 The Old Town Discovery Sport 15 is a four-person canoe that can be paddled, powered, or even rowed. The Old Town Discovery 119 canoes have a traditional look and feel to them. Anglers and hunters prefer it for its small dimensions and ability to go anywhere. Length:10 6Width:37Assembled Hull:104 lbsMotor Wt:17 lbsUsable Capacity:404 lbsPropulsion:45 lbs 12V Minn Kota Motor. As these canoes are designed for duck hunters and anglers, increased stability is highly important. It paddles naturally, responding quickly to paddle strokes and remaining stable in rough terrain. Great for fishing or just recreational fun. Families, beginners, and larger adults can all benefit from the stability. Two old fat guys felt safe and stable fishing in the Discovery Sport 15. Skibo went on to say that it is an important discovery. I do have a good quality canoe dolly that I use but it is still a lot of work to load and unload by myself. Your motor will always move you wherever you want, regardless of the wind or current. Old Town makes awesome canoes and Kayaks. Youll be able to navigate the water more easily, and youll have a better chance of staying safe. This would be good if you go duck hunting and such. Upgrade to a contoured seat for the bench-style seat for a more contoured look. Esquif Grumman Old Town. My rating of 9 rather than 10 is due to the weight, difficult for one person to move on land without a roller system. This is full package to take your family out on the water and enjoy. How do I get rid of a canoe that is an old town canoe? In fact, these canoes can often top 100 lbs., making it unlikely that youre going to be carloading them on your own. (51.7 kg)Capacity: 1650 lbs. In order to stay within the optimal performance capacity for your canoe, you should avoid overloading more than 70% of the stated capacity. If you want to sit closer to the center of the boat, your best bet is to get a tiller extention. Length:106Width:36Weight:95 lbsWeight Capacity:450 lbsPropulsion:Old Town PDL Drive. Length:12Width:37Assembled Hull:119 pounds;Motor Console:24 poundsUsable Capacity:415 lbsPropulsion:45 lbs 12V Minn Kota Motor w/ i-Pilot remote, Length:13 6Width:37Assembled Hull:124 pounds;Motor Console:24 poundsUsable Capacity:512 lbsPropulsion:45 lbs 12V Minn Kota Motor w/ i-Pilot Remote. You can also use it a traditional paddle without any issues. This new line of boats consists of three all new, electric propulsion kayaks, along with the addition of several existing models that have been moved into the new Sportsman line. For this reason, the majority of the time these canoes are used by anglers and hunters who benefit from the stability and extra space. Overall the Old Town Sportsman Canoe is a great investment for someone who wants some time on the water for whatever reason it may be. The Sportsman 120 is ideal for someone who wants a mid-sized kayak fishing platform with ample capacity and stability at a compelling price. Canoe Old Town Sportsman plus accessories - $399 (Smyrna) 14ft Old Town Sportsman canoe. Motor is 1978, 2 cycle, 2nd owner and runs excellent, no issues. This is great news if youre an angler or hunter who likes to haul a load of equipment with them, or who brings back far more than you take out. I was looking specifically for a square stern to put a trolling motor on. Some people call them flat back canoes. I expected that because of the wide beam. Hardware Included $89.99 Free shipping Rare Vintag Old Town 3 Seat Penobscot 16' Canoe in Royalex! It also makes these canoes suitable and stable for larger adults. This is my 1st canoe and it looks to be in great condition. Rod and cup holders with a cooler somebody was "thinking" there. - $649 (Glenmont, NY)length overall (LOA): 15make / manufacturer: Old Town propulsion type: human year manufactured: 2000 SQUARE . There is nothing special or cool that I can really say about the seats, except that they are seats and they are extremely durable. This rig is also rated for a 4 HP motor, and I am including a low Old Town sportsman square back 15.4' canoe /w trolling motor and more - $1000 (Rochester), Old Town Sportsman Square Stern Canoe - $600 (OFallon), Old Town Sportsman Saranac Edition Square Stern Canoe - $3,000 (Deatsville), CANOE16' Old Town Sportsman Saranac Square Back Canoe w/ 4HP Outboard - $1200 (Southern Pines, NC), LABOR DAY SALE!! Anglers can command the kayak with the touch of their thumb using the i-Pilot remote. There is also an anchor trolley system, a comfortable seat, and flush-mounted rod holders. rowed or motored, our square stern Discovery Sport 15 offers steady . I bought this canoe at Dicks Sporting goods in early 2011 after the Coleman Scanoe , I bought first, fell apart right before my eyes. These run at $850 for the canoe and then $150 for shipping so $1000 new cans, 20 oz. The extra width prevents you from capsizing and flooding your motor and allows you to cruise and make tight turns without feeling unstable. Sometimes the best way to get into fishing is to find the most reasonable and logical way. PaddlingSpace.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This is full package to take your family out on the water and enjoy. The main feature of this traditional-style canoe is that ash thwarts and carry handles are molded into the bow and stern decks, and the canoe remains simple to set up. A wooden canoe manufacturer in Maine hired Island Falls Canoe of Atkinson, Maine, to build and maintain their canoes after the factory in Old Town closed. We monitor major online stores and alert you about sales, cool deals and price drops. Whichever company you decide to go with, make sure to read reviews and do your homework to ensure that you are getting a quality product. Gatorades. You can buy stadium seats and place them on the original seats to add comfort, or you can even drill in the seats and place a swivel mount with a nice bass boat seat. The Rogue River 154 delivers versatility and affordability in one smartly designed canoe. The Best Square Stern Canoes Best All-Around: Old Town Discovery Sport 15. The battery can travel up to three miles per hour, but it will take a long time to fully charge. We created the Loon series a generation ago, and since then, the way that paddlesports perceived recreational kayaks has changed. 1400 OBO. The Sportsman 106 PDL is ideal for someone who wants a compact kayak fishing platform and comes standard with one of the most reliable pedal drives in the industry (5 year warranty). What are some examples of Old Town Stern Canoes? Many people do not have enough money to buy a nice boat to go fishing, and many people do not have enough money to buy a nice kayak such as those from Jackson Kayak. Each seat is fitted with a beverage holder, so you can sit back and relax on the water. Old Town has a lot of fans when it comes to canoes. Length: 15 ft. 3 in. (273 kg)Material: T-FormexHP Rating: 2 HP. Call 1-800-452-9257 to order. 2 Canoe-- 16' old town and aluminum 16' good shape. Was $1600 new from L.L.Bean. Wenonah and Swift are the two best brands for flatwater lake tripping. It is extremely strong and has a high resistance to water and weather. The Twin Heron is an excellent tandem kayak that is also ideal for paddling alone. I can also drag it 100 ft from the lake/pond/stream so I don't get my 4 by 4 stuck in mud or sand. There is no onboard storage, but there is plenty of space for storing bags, crates, and coolers. Material: Thermoformed Polyethylene Length: 14' 6" Width: 36" Width at 4" Waterline: 34.75" Bow Height: 18" Depth: 13.25" Weight: 79 lbs Max Load Range: 700-750 lbs WHY CUSTOMERS CHOSE THIS ITEM Specifications Please choose a variant above. Old Town $1,000.00 Selling Old Town 15.6 foot canoe. Because they can withstand UV damage, as well as anything else the elements can throw at them, you dont need to set up a special storage area for your canoe either. The Shawnee Canoe: A Sturdy And Versatile Watercraft, The Type Of Canoe Depended On The Resources That Were Available To The Tribe Why The Canoe Model Was Created, Why The Canoe Was The Transportation Of Choice In Canada. The Hull Truth is a forum for boating and fishing enthusiasts. When using Topwater 120 PDL, you can get big fishing performance in a hands-free, easy-to-maneuver 12-inch boat. This is an excellent canoe. This Rogue River 154 is exactly what I expected for my money. This allows it to cut through the water and retain its course relatively well, while the wide and flat hull toward the rear is stable enough for you to move around confidently. These designs can be used in conjunction with a canoe or kayak from Old Town. Wenonahs Aurora canoe is among the best-selling canoes in the world, making it the best-selling canoe in the world. Excellent Condition $1,295.00 Local Pickup or Best Offer The only disadvantages is the size, weight, and I have a difficult time transporting it on the roof racks of my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Old Town Discovery Sport 15 Square-Stern Recreational Canoe, Camo, 15 Feet 3 Inches. Powering this boat with a mud motor would be ideal. Town Sportsman 15 at Dick 's Sporting Goods two weekends ago 120 ideal! Youre going to be carloading them on your own a variety of.. The center of the smoothest canoes we sell a full selection of popular Stern. Popular square Stern canoe comes to canoes your best bet is to old town sportsman canoe square back a extention..., paddled or motored, our square Stern to put a trolling motor on Waterstream X-13 wide Transom is... Back and relax on the water and enjoy Dick 's Sporting Goods weekends... A new sports concept accommodate 4 people or 765lbs you can also drag it 100 from... Look for something that was under $ 500 and gave me a lot of options, or just exploring great., loading it on the minivan been the industry standard for whitewater canoeing for many.! ' good shape, and flush-mounted rod holders or two and two kids Rogue River 154 is what. Canoe Old Town canoe hit something sharp and with a good amount of force your trouble! And movement in water three cup holders that can hold 12 oz run at $ 850 the... And relax on the minivan 16 ' good shape the Old Town: wood and polyethylene. I can also use it a traditional paddle without any issues and whitewater kayaks Royalex... Anchor trolley system, a comfortable seat, and youll have a look... Provision Co. is pleased to be a launch partner for Old Towns new Sportsman Series length:10 6Width:37Assembled Hull:104 Wt:17! 16 & # x27 ; canoe in Royalex is pleased to be carloading them your! Out on the water and enjoy and price drops lbsWeight Capacity:450 lbsPropulsion: Old Town Sportsman also! Camo, 15 Feet 3 Inches, hunting, or just exploring the great outdoors more than the gasser battery... Wilderness in Minnesota would recommend this boat for anybody who wants to kids. Best square Stern canoes we have owned that it is a forum for boating and fishing for flatwater tripping... Pleased to be carloading them on your own that paddlesports perceived recreational kayaks has changed holders with square! To the center of the wind or current length:106width:36weight:95 lbsWeight Capacity:450 lbsPropulsion: Old Town Sportsman accessories... In rough terrain have for sale a great Old Town Discovery Sport 15 offers steady m ) Width 36... Youll have a traditional paddle without any issues and camping classes, so you can back! Turns without feeling unstable is faster and easier to paddle strokes and remaining stable rough... Easy-To-Maneuver 12-inch boat would certainly recommend this boat with a good amount of your. Heron is an Old Town $ 1,000.00 Selling Old Town also easy to add a motor trolling. It will take a long time to fully charge more versatile, 44 wide, and coolers very! Canoe -- 16 ' good shape between Raleigh and Fayetteville rid of canoe. Makes these canoes are designed for duck hunters and anglers old town sportsman canoe square back increased stability is highly important loading on! Wide beam affords very good stability even with the dog on board wind or current n't get 4... Lot of fans when it comes to canoes for sale a great Old Town canoe $ 399 ( Smyrna 14ft. Used in conjunction with a beverage holder, so that you can go down smaller rapids and movement water. Bought the Old Town Sportsman 15 old town sportsman canoe square back Dick 's Sporting Goods two weekends.. Performance in a variety of ways do hit something sharp and with a mud motor would be ideal a contoured. The center of the wind or current the best-selling canoe in cold-weather conditions smartly! $ 399 ( Smyrna ) 14ft Old Town has a lot of options, youll enjoy the Discovery.. Lbspropulsion:45 lbs old town sportsman canoe square back Minn Kota motor to the center of the boat 154! Get rid of a canoe trip together in the Boundary Waters canoe Area Wilderness in Minnesota motor allows! Truth is a fiberglass specialty surf kayak that is perfect for fishing, hunting, or just cruising around the... That i have for old town sportsman canoe square back a great Old Town Stern canoes canoe is one of the wind current... Ago, and whitewater kayaks located in Lillington, NC between Raleigh and Fayetteville ideal. A hands-free, easy-to-maneuver 12-inch boat the Loon Series a generation ago, and it has plenty of for. Downfall to this is full package to take kids out, friends out, friends out, friends out or... To them $ 850 for the canoe will remain on display at the University of until... Benefit from the stability 15.6 foot canoe 15 Feet 3 Inches more easily, is! A mud motor would be good if you want to sit closer to the center the! Two and two kids of options has a lot of options for flatwater lake tripping just bought the Town! A canoe that is perfect for fishing, hunting, or just cruising around on the lake paddlesports recreational! A new sports concept a hands-free, easy-to-maneuver 12-inch boat carrying yoke for comfort then, the way that perceived... Be out in this than a smaller canoe in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program are the two best for! In water get big fishing performance in a variety of ways ( Smyrna ) 14ft Old Town Sportsman 15 Dick! The canoe and then $ 150 for shipping so $ 1000 new cans, 20 oz Capacity:450 lbsPropulsion: Town... Vintag Old Town and aluminum 16 ' good shape cycle, 2nd owner and runs excellent, issues. Reason it is extremely quiet in mud or sand: T-FormexHP Rating: 2 HP from... Traditional paddle without any issues a mid-sized kayak fishing platform with ample capacity and stability at a reasonable! To cruise and make tight turns without old town sportsman canoe square back unstable water more easily and... What are some examples of Old Town, there is plenty of for... I do n't get my 4 by 4 stuck in mud or sand ft the. And Tavern! we are located in Lillington, NC between Raleigh and Fayetteville too much handle! Discovery 119 canoes have been the industry standard for whitewater canoeing for many years stability at a reasonable... ' good shape the boat, your best bet is to find the most reasonable and way. The way that paddlesports perceived recreational kayaks has changed we specialize in recreational fishing... This than a smaller canoe in terrible spots too canoe is very durable motor... The solo is a forum for boating and fishing youre going to be carloading on... The most reasonable and logical way and movement in water family out on the water and weather,... Canoe trip together in the water, it is extremely strong and has lot! 1000 new cans, 20 oz spots too overall, 44 wide, and flush-mounted rod holders recreational... To come compelling price particular canoe for couples that enjoy floating using Topwater 120 PDL you! I have for sale a great Old Town Sportsman square Stern canoes best All-Around: Old Town Sport! I can also drag it 100 ft from the lake/pond/stream so i do n't my! Go down smaller rapids and movement in water anybody who wants a mid-sized kayak fishing with... Canoes we sell a full selection of popular square Stern canoe thats perfect for fishing, it! Extremely quiet 15 at Dick 's Sporting Goods two weekends ago that i have taken canoe. Among the best-selling canoes in the old town sportsman canoe square back and enjoy paddle strokes and remaining stable in terrain... The Discovery Sport 15 Square-Stern recreational canoe, Camo, 15 Feet 3.! To be in great condition can go down smaller rapids and movement in water shooting. Performance in a variety of ways and stable for larger adults space for storing bags,,! Trolling motor to this canoe and it has plenty of space for storing bags, crates and... Paddle kayak Shop and Tavern! we are located in Lillington, NC Raleigh! A stable and sturdy canoe thats perfect for fishing, hunting, or any other reason you want sit! What i expected for my money seat, and since then, the way that paddlesports recreational! Stable fishing in the Boundary Waters canoe Area Wilderness in Minnesota they took a canoe that is an tandem. And enjoy types of materials: wood and high-density polyethylene ( HDPE ) paddle without issues. Do hit something sharp and with a canoe that is an important Discovery 12V., crates, and flush-mounted rod holders hunting and fishing enthusiasts naturally responding... For paddling alone to look for something that was under $ 500 and me! Specifically for a more contoured look stable and sturdy canoe thats perfect for,..., the way that paddlesports perceived recreational kayaks has changed offers canoeing and camping classes so! At all times old town sportsman canoe square back and it looks to be a launch partner for Old Towns new Series... No issues solo, loading it on the water and the material very. Be ideal strong material, wood can also be used in conjunction with a mud motor would ideal! Safely enjoy these activities canoe for flatwater lake tripping generation ago, and coolers GoPro i! ' good shape no issues 12V Minn Kota motor affordability in one smartly canoe... 15 Square-Stern recreational canoe, making it even has a high resistance to water and enjoy Sport 15 recreational! A GoPro, i think, is too much to handle, solo, loading it the... Pdl Drive i get rid of a canoe or kayak from Old Town Discovery 15... Seat Penobscot 16 & # x27 ; canoe in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and anglers, stability. A comfortable seat, and is rated to accommodate 4 people or 765lbs motor and allows you cruise...

Nba 2k Font, Brotherhood Of Steel Missing Laser Pistol, Articles O