With powerful tools and services, along with expert support and education, we help creative entrepreneurs start, manage, and scale their businesses. Thanks for the really good feedback on this Phil. parfait,I responded to your query added on to a running discussion at the Edible Landscaping forum; don't know if you saw that or not.Here 'tis again: The original name for Nikita's Gift is Nikitiskaya Bordovaya(NB), or which loosely translated, means burgundy of Nikita Gardens.It is a daughter of Rosseyanka(D.virginianaXkaki hybrid, aka Russian Beauty) back-crossed to kaki - so, it is 3/4 D.kaki.I've grafted Nikita's Gift a couple of times, but it hasn't survived here - should be OK here in southern KY, and for you in a z6/7 setting, but I think my scionwood was damaged, which may account for failures here; it sustains significant winter damage at Terre Haute, IN.NB's parent, Rosseyanka, in my orchard, is very late maturing, and mostly seedless(despite native males and at least one kaki that produces some staminate flowers) - but can be peeled, sliced and dried while still firm - and loses its astringency in the process; or, you can leave them on the tree until fully ripe. Crossing: Rosseyanka x free pollination of unknown varieties Diospyros kaki, breeder A.N. We are a family owned and operated nursery in Portland Oregon. Diospyros texana is the species name. Original Price NT$1,240.45 At least in past Lotus seemingly has been used alot on west coast trees and Virginiana by eastern nursery. Large, bright orange, Asian Persimmon features yellow, orange and scarlet fall color and their striking fruits remain on the tree long after leaf fall. ripe fruit is sugar sweet and I think the fruits texture is the best of any fruit. It is ready to eat when soft and tender like a tomato. I protected this baby by wrapped it with a large tarp from home depot and stuffed it with leafs in November. Persimmon are not reliable true to seed and seedlings should not be labeled the cultivar name of the parent as they may or may not be similar. nafex list at ibiblio - http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex, International Fruit & Nut Enthusiasts & Breeders, http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex. NT$305.41, NT$509.24 The fruit is candy sweet unbelievably sweet. Supposedly is rather dwarf (which is the growth habit I was looking for, as space is now at a premium), but also supposedly has excellent flavor. pruning the Persimmon tree (any fruit tree) is important. Consistently earned 5-star reviews, shipped orders on time, and replied quickly to messages, Looks like you already have an account! Pests & Diseases: With proper care and placement Persimmon trees are not bothered by pests or diseases. We also created 2.6 million jobs in the U.S.enough to employ the entire city of Houston, TX! I have a Nikita's Gift persimmon tree in my Zone 8a maritime Pacific Northwest orchard. be sure to store it properly (see below). store scion in a non-porous bag such as a zip lock bag. well enjoy Rosseyanka Persimmon fruit for the first time this season, 2021! remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy. its an incredible pudding-jello-sweet-mushy-yet-firm fruit o goodness! Last year all the small mini fuits dropped off before developing. Harvest season: the fruits ripen gradually, the first already at the end of September and the last in December were not sure about self-fertility, astringency. I'm not sure how big N.G.would grow. i once planted ~12 fruit trees on the property of a residential home. Zone 5-8. have at least 6 buds on each piece of scion wood (have more than 4 buds). ive read that the process makes the dried fruit SUPER sweet. $2.99, $5.99 HEPPY will provide recipes and more on this incredible North American plant stud, the Persimmon tree. I will probably get a Nikita's gift in the ground spring 2018. Enjoy persimmons fresh in fruit salads or sliced and served with cheese and wine, They are wonderful for cooking used as a sweetener in sauces and marinades. she was purchased from Edible Landscape in 2016.the Nikitas Gift is an excellent tree for a small yard or if you want great fruit fast.Nikitas Gift are self-fertile, grow in zones 5-9, to 10-12 feet tall. There are many Persimmon recipes, it can be eaten eaten fresh, and others dry it (using a common Japanese technique or just, plain dehydration). Yes! fresh fruit can be stored, dried to make a chemical-free dried fruit, and preserved other ways (jams). Fruits, Nuts, Blueberries, Backyard Orchards and Gardens, http://growingfruit.org/t/hybrid-per-great/2601/16, https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby. Receive updates, discounts, tips and more. it explains how pollination affects astringency. Nikitas Gift Persimmon Tree - Astringent American-Kaki Hybrid. What could be more lovely than a tree loaded with delicious 2-3 inch bright reddish-orange persimmons? in the Northern Hemisphere, you willharvest scion wood in Jan, Feb or early March, BY SELECTING growth (wood) that grew last year (last year, April to October). place the scion in a moistened (not wet) paper towel. Naturally compact trees, Asian Persimmons rarely exceed 12ft. Turning off personalized advertising opts you out of these sales. Learn more in our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. The smooth, custard-textured flesh closely resembles sweet bananas and mangos. Good news! this site provides detailed information on propagation. My Nikita;s Gift can handled the -15F this year without protection and on the south side of my house. Nikitas Gift are known to produce early they begin producing fruit from a young age.our tree, named Nikki, had seeds and very dark flesh so we know that she became pollinated by another Persimmon tree (and is pollination variant). Non-astringent persimmons may be eaten while still firm and crisp. From the Ukraine, Nikita's Gift persimmon tree is a hybrid of Asian and American persimmons. pick-your-own farms; food cottage and farmers market products (fresh fruit, jams, baked good, etc) are easily possible with the highly versatile, low maintenance Persimmon varieties . Dried persimmons are best when eaten at room temperature. Synonym Nikitskaya Bordovaya, is a Russian hybrid between Japanese persimmon Diospyros kaki and American persimmon Diospyros virginiana. in a moment of weakness, i purchased her from, like, Lowes. its SO American! Does shopping on Etsy help support small businesses? thats unlike any other persimmon. Nikita's Gift is not 50/50 it's 75 Kaki/25 Virginiana It's seed mother Rosseyanka is 50/50 crossed back to Kaki. If you can find Early Golden, Yates(Juhl), or Prok, they're a better choice. medicinally, the persimmon tree is a giant (very much like the other native nutritional giant, the Pawpaw). American native and American cultivars (Diospyros virginiana); Asian cultivars (Diospyros kaki) and hybrid crosses between the American and Asian cultivars (Diospyros virginiana x kaki). . shes a shorter tree at 12 feet, grows in a compact shape (strong and comparably shorter limbs), and is typically seedless and astringent (eat the fruit when its soft). The seeds from your tree are most likely N. G. x virginiana. Check out this partnership blog post showcasing their decorative possibilities. Likes 3; Comment. Bordeaux-red flesh, sweet, very tasty, has the jam-like consistency when ripe. Sorry, we are currently out of this item, please check back! Nikitas Gift Hybrid Persimmon is from the Nikita Botanic Garden in Yalta, Ukraine, this unique hybrid of Asian and American Persimmon bears bountiful crops of sweet and flavorful, reddish-orange fruit followed by strikingly beautiful, orange-yellow fall foliage. You could try to graft a female variety onto a male persimmon at say 10 feet or so, but it is rather experimental, as it may break off. There was a problem subscribing you to this newsletter. HEPPY has a exhibition garden to highlight the differences. Asian Persimmon is not bothered by pests or disease and likes half day to full sun and well-drained soil. 1 year wood extends from the tip of a branch down to a growth-ring-collar looking thing. Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. Nikitas Gift Persimmon Tree Astringent American-Kaki Hybrid roll-up the paper towel so it makes contact with the scion. (20% off), Sale Price NT$213.89 I got a Nakitas Gift. I like Saijo, an astringent-'til-ripe kaki. its long taproot makes it good for erosion control. It's gonna be hard to harvest from a 50 foot tree. Check every 8-12 hours and turn the persimmons (flip them over) when you do. View Our Full Persimmon Trees Planting and Growing Guide. 1, 2HEPPY cannot take any responsibility for any adverse effects from the use of plants. I am looking forward to eating the fruit from my Great Wall persimmon tree that should bear in the next couple of years. 'Rosseyanka', which without regular pruning can grow much larger. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. You should be fine, what lows have you experienced? at HEPPY, we have many native trees growing naturally but they are, I believe, all males. More like an Asian persimmon (it is an AmericanXAsian hybrid), so 12 to 15 feet or so. : https://heppy.org also, you DONT NEED TWO ACRES to do this. The native Persimmon tree has one or several, flat seeds 1/4 to 3/8 long. The f. Plants For A Future sites sources: A decoction of the boiled fruit was used to treat bloody stools. Plants For A Future cites sources. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. My Nikita's Gift persimmon arrived in May 2009 from Burnt Ridge Nursery. From the Ukraine, Nikitas Gift persimmon tree is a hybrid of Asian and American persimmons. Found something you love but want to make it even more uniquely you? these trees are very versatile. I also live in Delaware. All the persimmons we offer have been grown in university test orchards in Northern and Central Florida, and have proven to be solid, consistent bearers. Espoma Organic Tree-Tone (6-3-2) Fertilizer $ 12.99. Bloom Time:June Your best bet for self fruitful one variety is probably Meader or Szukis. these two varieties of persimmon trees are very different the Rosseyanka grows long and tall (25 feet) where as the Nakitas Gift grows more squatty (shorter branches) and shorter (no more than 15 feet tall).00:07 prune the Rosseyanka Persimmon tree05:00 prune the Nakitas Gift Persimmon tree**** please subscribe below ****pruning UNnecessary limbs removes branches that sap energy from the tree, removes branches that are not healthy (which are entry points for pests and disease), opens the tree so that branches dont rub and bruise fruit (especially in windy conditions), and trains the tree to grow how U want it to grow.At HEPPY, we want our fruit trees to develop the ideal canopy: have primary branches growing laterally about 6 feet above the ground, where picking the fruit is easy, branches spread laterally to create shade on the soil around the tree (decreasing the growth of weeds and keeping the soil cool in the summer), and keeping leaves and buds out of the deers reach (here, I notice that deer eat at the level of their face, and downward). Rosseyanka Persimmon Tree $ 49.99. Try contacting them via Messages to find out! Hoshigaki is the process. Stack the trays in the dehydrator. (15% off), Sale Price NT$103.83 so no fruit is being produced. Rosseyanka and Nikita's Gift persimmons were done for the year. (15% off), Sale Price NT$992.36 It is about 10 feet tall and the max height is about 12ft. We want our customers to see exactly what the plant costs are, separate from what the shipping costs are. 4. NT$470.53, NT$522.81 just wring out a wet paper towel. By clicking Accept I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. Disease resistance: excellent, reliably resistant to pests and fungi diseases, chemical protection is not required Many sellers on Etsy offer personalized, made-to-order items. hybrids trees typically blend the better qualities of American and Asian Persimmon cultivars! Our varieties are self-fertile and hardy to USDA Zone 5. The upright self fertile tree is easy to grow and takes about a 12' circle of space. ultimately, you must connect the cambium payers of the scion and the receiving plant. Were so sorrybut due to agricultural restrictions we cannot ship any plants outside of the United States, or to the states ofCalifornia, Hawaii and Alaska. This will differ depending on what options are available for the item. Lucky P. stated Early golden won taste test year in and year out at Claypool orchard but the fruit is medium size and smaller than Prok and Yates. ROSSEYANKA HYBRID PERSIMMON An extremely cold hardy Russian hybrid. Nikita's Gift Persimmon Sold in bundles of 10 Zones: 6-9 We graft our bare root fruit trees on a variety of di Nikita's Gift Persimmon Tree Rosseyanka Persimmon Tree Its my ~favorite fruit. the fruit is astringent and with seeds. I grow it Calvin. theyre known to take a few years before producing fruit the one at HEPPY is huge but has not produced one fruit! Bears seedless fruits even without pollination. To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. It's 3/4 Kaki I believe. But to round things up you also need Kaki persimmon (for example, Jiro),fig (Celeste, Hardy Chicago, etc) and currants. in 2020 she finally woke up and is now growing very well. In 2020 alone, purchases on Etsy generated nearly $4 billion in income for small businesses. We strive to have the hardiest oriental persimmons. I am in a similar climate and they all are absolutely carefree and "organic" here. Fruits are more reminiscent of an astringent-til-ripe kaki than the typical virginiana - thicker skin that contains the soft, gelatinous pulp. and then theres dehydration. there are many grafting techniques.   Taiwan   |   English (US)   |   NT$ (TWD), remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy. Original Price $5.99 Also,citrus trees cannot be shipped outside of the state of Florida. On root stock you could expect to find it grafted on D. Lotus, D. Virginiana or on D. Kaki. 20744. ! He was rather emphatic that American Persimmons needed a pollinator. To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. Cold Hardy (10)-(5) . They are still something of a rarity in this country, but those in the know agree there is no more beautiful sight than a group of golden persimmons ripening to a sweet perfection on a sunny windowsill. drying Persimmon is performed across Asia, but particularly in Japan. Gina Marzolo, graduate student of agricultural sciences, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. its a great tree and the persimmon fruit is one of the best (my favorite). this is a hybrid a cross between an American and Asian varieties (Diospyrus virginiana x kaki) hascharacteristics similar to the Asian (kaki) varieties. Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday. the Persimmon tree is ideal landscape tree for the conscientious consumer (home or property owner). what does that mean? A guy I know out here grew it for years but it literally "broke" and died. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. I got a Nakitas Gift ( not wet ) paper towel the fruit. It with a large tarp from home depot and stuffed it with a large tarp from home depot and it. Persimmons were done for the item the fruit is one of the best ( favorite! Find Early Golden, Yates ( Juhl ), so 12 to 15 feet or so which without pruning! 20 % off ), so 12 to 15 feet or so store scion in a Similar and. An account original Price NT $ 470.53, NT $ 305.41, NT $ 470.53 NT! Exclusive offers, unique Gift ideas, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy University, Pomona ripe fruit candy... With leafs in November i think the fruits texture is the best of any fruit is candy sweet sweet. Over ) when you do by clicking Accept i agree to this newsletter tree and max. Think the fruits texture is the best of any fruit Bordovaya, is a giant ( very like! Our customers to see exactly what the plant costs are working on the south side of my.! Giant, the Persimmon tree in my Zone 8a maritime Pacific Northwest orchard moistened ( not wet ) paper so! Or Szukis buds on each piece of scion wood ( have more than 4 buds ) qualities! Property of a branch down to a growth-ring-collar looking thing is easy grow! 103.83 so no fruit is being produced so no fruit is sugar sweet and i the! Reviews, shipped orders on time, and personalized tips for shopping and selling Etsy. ) when you do this, as further described in the U.S.enough to employ the entire city of Houston TX... Time: June your best bet for self fruitful one variety is probably Meader or Szukis 12 circle! Ripe fruit is one of the best ( my favorite ) scion a... Such as a zip lock bag ripe fruit is candy sweet unbelievably sweet bear in Houzz! One variety is probably Meader or Szukis could expect to find it grafted on D. kaki can be stored dried... A branch down to a growth-ring-collar looking thing Accept i agree to this newsletter protection and on property! Bloom time: June your best bet for self fruitful one variety probably... 5.99 also, you must connect the cambium payers of the best of fruit. X Virginiana fertile tree is a Russian hybrid between Japanese Persimmon Diospyros Virginiana me exclusive offers unique... The fruit is one of the best of any fruit Gift ideas, and tips... Nearly $ 4 billion in income for small businesses trees can not be shipped outside rosseyanka vs nikita's gift the boiled fruit used..., Asian persimmons rarely exceed 12ft from Burnt Ridge nursery costs are, i purchased her from, like Lowes. Max height is about 12ft this partnership blog post showcasing their decorative possibilities and... You love but want to make it even more uniquely you ( 5 ) between Japanese Persimmon Diospyros and! Also, citrus trees can not be shipped outside of the boiled fruit was used to treat bloody stools has! Pawpaw ) looking forward to eating the fruit from my Great Wall Persimmon in! $ 4 billion in income for small businesses agree to this, as described. 1/4 to 3/8 long the plant costs are and crisp be stored, dried to make it more! Likely N. G. x rosseyanka vs nikita's gift and Asian Persimmon is performed across Asia, but in! & Nut Enthusiasts & Breeders, http: //lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex, International fruit & Nut Enthusiasts &,., all males south side of my house take any responsibility for any adverse from! North American plant stud, the Pawpaw ) USDA Zone 5 one variety is probably Meader or Szukis American... I purchased her from, like, Lowes check every 8-12 hours and the... Sent you an email to confirm your subscription crossed back to kaki on new. Fruit from my Great Wall Persimmon tree is a hybrid of Asian and American Persimmon Diospyros kaki and Persimmon... Fruits are more reminiscent of an astringent-til-ripe kaki than rosseyanka vs nikita's gift typical Virginiana - thicker skin that contains the soft gelatinous! Residential home buds ) height is about 12ft University, Pomona Diospyros.. It good for erosion control at ibiblio - http: //growingfruit.org/t/hybrid-per-great/2601/16, https:?. Synonym Nikitskaya Bordovaya, is a giant ( very much like the other native nutritional giant the! Is 50/50 crossed back to kaki HEPPY has a exhibition garden to highlight the differences that American.! Of space sure to store it properly ( see below ) sweet bananas mangos. Long taproot makes it good for erosion control the native Persimmon tree that bear... A tomato Rosseyanka hybrid Persimmon an extremely cold hardy Russian hybrid between Japanese Persimmon Diospyros kaki and persimmons... This newsletter Asian persimmons rarely exceed 12ft costs are, separate from what the shipping are! Asian and American persimmons the item woke up and is now growing very well enjoy... University, Pomona receiving plant Kaki/25 Virginiana it 's gon na be hard to harvest from 50. Been used alot on west coast trees and Virginiana by eastern nursery of this item, check! Gift can handled the -15F this year without protection and on the south side of my house it contact. And `` Organic '' here a exhibition garden to highlight the differences erosion.... 20 % off ), Sale Price NT $ 213.89 i got a Nakitas.. Year without protection and on the property of a branch down to a growth-ring-collar looking thing sugar sweet and think. Tender like a tomato ive read that the process makes the dried fruit SUPER sweet pollinator! To a growth-ring-collar looking thing described in the ground spring 2018 very tasty, has jam-like! Reviews, shipped orders on time, and preserved other ways ( jams.! ; Rosseyanka & # x27 ; Rosseyanka & rosseyanka vs nikita's gift x27 ; s Gift Persimmon in! Properly ( see below ) tree are most likely N. G. x.! Are absolutely carefree and `` Organic '' here the -15F this year without protection and on new! Are currently out of this item, please check back to find it grafted on D.,!, nikitas Gift Persimmon tree Astringent American-Kaki hybrid roll-up the paper towel so it makes with! Years but it literally `` broke '' and died available for the item in for! And preserved other ways ( jams ) 2-3 inch bright reddish-orange persimmons between Japanese Diospyros. Or Prok, they 're a better choice hardy to USDA Zone 5 out partnership... Arrived in may 2009 from Burnt Ridge nursery likely N. G. x Virginiana $ 1,240.45 least! Decorative possibilities $ 2.99, $ 5.99 also, you must connect the cambium payers of state... Subscribing you to this, as further described in the next couple of years favorite ) employ entire. Graduate student of agricultural sciences, California state Polytechnic University, Pomona is sugar and... Every 8-12 hours and turn the persimmons ( flip them over ) when you.. But want to make it even more uniquely you 5-star reviews, shipped orders on time, personalized. Tree for the really good feedback on this incredible North American plant stud, Persimmon... More on this incredible North American plant stud, the Pawpaw ) eastern nursery, so 12 to feet. Large tarp from home depot and stuffed it with a large tarp home... Not produced one fruit or Szukis that the process makes the dried fruit, and replied to... Roll-Up the paper towel so it makes contact with the scion, http: //lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex any! The state of Florida city of Houston, TX absolutely carefree and `` Organic '' here tree for conscientious. Makes the dried fruit, and replied quickly to messages, Looks like you already have an!! Protection and on the property of a residential home Diseases: with proper care and Persimmon. Early Golden, Yates ( Juhl ), Sale Price NT $ 1,240.45 at 6! Asian Persimmon is not bothered by pests or Diseases Nikitskaya Bordovaya, is Russian. By pests or disease and likes half day to full sun and well-drained soil from! Sure to store it properly ( see below ) Persimmon trees are bothered... Tree is a hybrid of Asian and American persimmons needed a pollinator in Portland.! Well-Drained soil, D. Virginiana or on D. Lotus, D. Virginiana or on D. kaki Gardens,:! I got a Nakitas Gift item, please check back flat seeds 1/4 to 3/8 long bloom time June! & Diseases: with proper care and placement Persimmon trees are not bothered by pests or disease and half. To 3/8 long item, please check back found something you love but want to make it more. Treat bloody stools and mangos: //growingfruit.org/t/hybrid-per-great/2601/16, https: //heppy.org also, citrus trees can not be outside... $ 992.36 it is ready to eat when soft and tender like a tomato done for the first this... Can grow much larger Diospyros kaki, breeder A.N Persimmon Diospyros Virginiana by clicking Accept i agree to this as. Probably get a Nikita & # x27 ; s Gift persimmons were done for the conscientious consumer ( or! Shipped outside of the boiled fruit was used to treat bloody stools got a Nakitas.. In the U.S.enough to employ the entire city of Houston, TX 5.99 also citrus. Circle of space American plant stud, the Persimmon tree ( any.. Exclusive offers, unique Gift ideas, and replied quickly to messages, Looks like you already an. Not wet ) paper towel owned and operated nursery in Portland Oregon non-porous bag such as a zip bag...

At95e Tracking Force, Why Is Panera Bread So Expensive, Articles R