The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data. I think that their QC has gotten shoddy. SKU : 5059. $1,239.00 $849.99. You also dont say if other barrel lengths or other finishes are available. Even though I have .357s with barrel lengths from 2 to 4 inches the Redhawk with .45 Colt 260 grain JHP +Ps is prolly what Ill pack when I join my buddy again in walking his couple of hundred wooded acres. Energy isnt everything, but thats pretty wimpy. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, Review: Ruger Redhawk .45 ACP/.45 Colt Revolver, Ruger Adds 8-Shot .357 Mag. Vent away. This is an exceptionally reliable gun that will go bank when you really need it to. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". When the law goes into effect, the state will be the 26th that recognizes the right. As for barrel length, at self defense distances the short one is more than adequate. They make the very best guns around!!!!!! There is no mistaking break or reset. The sights were easy to pick up, and empty cases ejected just fine, even when they were in moon clips. An 18 barrel yields some impressive energy levels. My overall impressions of this revolver are very positive. The double-action trigger on this particular gun was 11 lbs. On the commercial side of things, changing calibers and capacities is a reliable way to drum up renewed interest in long-established platforms. configuration. That might mean that a Glock 20 with a full magazine might actually produce less felt recoil than a heavy revolver. The new value of a RUGER REDHAWK 357 pistol has risen $58.24 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $1,138.00 . I pressed the cylinder release and eased out the behemoth unfluted, eight-shot cylinder and noticed the recessed area around the ejector star that enables the use of the moon clips. The Redhawk probably wont your everyday carry gun. The Constitution expected the Militia or the armed citizens at large to do such tasks. (950 feet per second). By now people know what to expect from .357 ammunition, but I was surprised at how little felt recoil there was with any of the loads I tested. Plus, in your scenario, a charging bear at 15 feet means you only get one shot, maybe the second one is a contact shot while shes on you, if youre real lucky. $50.00. You will be pleasantly surprised at how effective they are even for really BIG game. By the way, I have read credible accounts from hunters who took down BIG bison with .45 Long Colt revolvers launching 255 grain hardcast lead bullets at something like 950 fps. Personally, I feel moon clips are ridiculous when youre using rimmed cartridges such as .357 magnum. This will most likely be a special use gun for most people, a powerful, reliable backwoods gun that can handle just about any threat youre likely to find yourself facing. version of the Redhawk as a Talo distributor exclusive with a roundbutt grip frame and a 2.75" barrel. Gross margins in the year improved to 33.7 percent in 2020 from 24.3 percent in 2019 due to favorable leveraging of fixed costs and a reduction in promotional activities. The Ruger Redhawk did not malfunction, and the holster/belt combo functioned without a hitch. On July 1, residents with a clean criminal history of legal age in Florida will be able to carry concealed without a permit. Why not pick up a 686 in a 3 or 2.5 barrel? . A few years ago, Ruger got serious about changing up the cylinder capacities of the company's single-action and double-action revolvers. which at my age is no problem . doubleclick.net - browser supports cookies. Lately, the .40 S&W has been awash in a stormy sea of unflattering ink. Make that five revolvers; I forgot about the Speed Six 357 Mag. Our model is intended for the Super Redhawk, but we have been able to fit Redhawks, S&W X-Frames, S&W N-Frames, and the like with no problems at all. The cylinder is cut for Moon Clips, which will please many people, and there is a healthy aftermarket for Ruger Redhawk holsters. The weight of the snub nose model is listed at 44 ounces regardless of caliber. Handling * * * * A couple more inches of barrel does start to limit comfortable carry options, such as on a belt rig or small carry pack. Rugers tend to have a heavier trigger pull. In single action, minimal pressure is needed to send the tear-shaped hammer home, pushing a round down the barrel. I requested this version of the Redhawk for review because it looked to be both reliable and enjoyable to shoot. It is a solid piece. Ruger Redhawk 357 Mag/38 Special 8-Shot Moon Clips Factory 3-Pack. Read more , Most gun reviews give the specs on the gun tested. One great thing about .357 Magnum revolvers is you can load it with the cheapest.38 Special rounds you can find for plinking and target practice, and you can load it with full-power .357 Magnum rounds when you're carrying it. I even feel somewhat undergunned with my .44 Magnum revolver with 6-inch barrel in grizzly country. While federal bans have flopped so far, some states did enact new regulations. Four shots escaped into the 8-ring, but the rest were 9s, 10s and Xs. and a 5-shot .44 Spl. This revolver sacrifices both. You say its short and dont give the barrel length. Make sure your search is . The best of both worlds as far as max and min firepower and max and min recoil. Im sharing my experience in case it helps motivate anyone else to try carrying a bigger revolver. If youre going to p ack a 4 pound handgun around in bear country, you might as well p ack a 6 or 7 pound rifle or shotgun. The Super GP-100 designation logically stems from the fact that the Super Redhawk and GP-100 (but not the Redhawk) use the same internal lock work, springs, action and grip frameas well as the 6-shot GP-100 being a well . Lack of fit and finish doesnt matter much,but five rounds of .44 in a pretty shootable and carryable package,available for sizeable discounts most places, who cares if you lose it or screw it up. The Ruger Redhawk is a traditional double-action/single- action (DA/SA) revolver with a transfer bar safety, and the hammer has a square and deeply checkered spur. The trigger face is smooth and fairly wide. I own multiple Rugers and have never had any issue whatsoever with service from Ruger. Then we checked the adjustable rear sight and saw it was cranked all the way down from the factory. Alexa analytics service - keep track on user informations. Reliability theres no doubt that revolvers are reliable, but then again Glocks arent exactly notorious for having reliability issues. I think I just talked myself out of longer barrel lengths for a contact distance self-defense woods gun. This is also a confirmed and practical approach being that the top two statements made by home defenders interviewed after being victim to a home invasion are 1) \"Am I under arrest?\" immediately followed by 2) \"It happened so quick I had no time to aim.\" Obviously all opinions are welcome and feel free to correct us on technical errors but as far as firing off comments because your girlfriend kicked you out of the room for the night and you're angry and need to take your frustrations out on others, um, well actually you know what? I am not sure this outweighs the large capacity advantage of the Glock, but I guesstimate that it does and take my chances. On a Redhawk, though, there's just one spring. Redhawk .357 Magnum 8-Round Moon Clips, 3-Pack Item #: 90634. Contact your Senators: https://mrgunsngear.org/3cp9ota Contact your House reps: https://mrgunsngear.org/3pwvXBBDisclaimer: These videos are strictly for educational and entertainment purposes only. frame soaks up recoil and will comfortably endure a full-time diet of .357 Mag. I like it for anything over 40oz, including some full size 1911 pistols. would cross into the discomfort zone. Never considered carrying them until I watched a YouTube video by Bowsers Fortress on carrying six inch barreled revolvers. The __qca cookie is associated with Quantcast. First, soft lead, then semi, plus a full hard metall. Im sure your luck is probably better than mine. The 2.75 isnt much heavier than a 1911, and in my opinion carries easier due to the round shape. of pressure. Aftermarket/commercially made speed loaders are much better and easier to use. Full-moon clips are an improvement on the old half-moon clips that have been around for 100 years. And white tails. Speed loaders, range blocks, bedside blocks and carriers for your 8 shot N-Frame .357 Magnum and .38 Special revolver. If properly placed, eight .357 Magnum shots can do some serious damage, even from a fairly short barrel. That being said, this revolver fills other niches quite effectively. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. The thing likes to shoot with and without moon clips. JHP, PV 1240, AV 1253fps. While not quite as large as the .454, this is still a massive revolver that will require some special accommodations for most people to carry. Either one should be a good, heavy sidearm for back country travel, depending on caliber preference. However, when filling the duty of trail gun, Im not sure I would judge too heavily in the style category. Only velocity to be gained. Quantity. Recently, we brought you a complete look at Nexbelt, along with our thoughts on it, which were favorable. Choose Options Compare. I bought a new one yesterday. We just want to make sure that in a home defense situation, we have the best possible options to keep our families safe. Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Product Reviews Click here to review this item. johnny joyner. For the best 8 shot revolver for sale in 22LR, 357 Magnum, 38 Special, and 9mm from brands like Ruger and Smith and Wesson, look no further than Omaha Outdoors. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Sturm Ruger CO. stands behind what they sell. Id really like to see some of those groups. The Ruger Redhawk is a well-established double-action stainless steel design that boasts a thick frame and rugged durability. Like the Super Redhawk, this is a big beefy gun that works best carried in a pack or chest rig, The Redhawk probably wont your everyday carry gun. . John Linebaughs custom Rugers in 45LC can be fed a regular diet of 370gr pills moving at a shattering 1400fps. Rather, the killing effect is removing a one inch diameter cylinder from the beast, through and through. I do think as cool as this one is, a 3 or 4 686+ is far easier to carry and more potent shot for shot. Caliber: .357 I tried the 4.2 and it fits in the same holster albeit with the barrel protruding about an inch out the bottom, and actually carries easier because the longer barrel has more leverage against my leg. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The short barrel makes for a more compact revolver despite the weight and massive frame size, but a few more inches of barrel length might have more appeal to shooters who want a little more velocity from their 357 Magnums. With the chronographing and sighting-in completed, it was time to punch paper for the accuracy evaluation. 847-731-7898. Mag. Sure one time the cylinder or hammer locked up and didn't want to rotate to fire, but after I opened the cylinder and closed it a few times it loosened and hasn't happened since. I would agree that a .357 Magnum revolver is lacking for BIG black bears (400 to 700 pounds) and grizzlies. Then I used both hands to shoot double-taps, triple-taps and finally behind the barricade from standing and kneeling positions. 8 shots of 357 magnum would be nice. Ruger Redhawk 44 Rem Mag 6-Shot Revolver with Wood Grips and 5.5 Inch Barrel $ 949.99. Yeah, so Im not going after a massive bison with a handgun that puts out 500 foot pounds. After my latest experiences with S&W and their crap QC I would be hard pressed to put $300-$500 more on a gun that might just not be properly assembled. Plus, in your scenario, a charging bear at 15 feet means you only get one shot, maybe the second one is a contact shot while shes on you, if youre real lucky. Gun News, Gun Reviews, and Self Defense Tips, You use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance of our, ENTER TO WIN: Free Gun Friday > Springfield Armory Hellion 5.56 Rifle * Trijicon RMR Red Dot * Black Hills Ammo *, Range Test The 5-Shot Ruger GP100 in .44 Special, Right-On Target The Ruger SR1911 Target .45 ACP, Ruger Offers Max-9 with Ruger ReadyDot Micro Reflex Optic Installed, My Carry Journal: Concealed Carry Pistols, Tips, and Accessories, SHOT Show Trotted Out the Best New Concealed Carry Guns for 2023, Davidsons Exclusive Ruger LCP Max Elite with Aluminum Trigger, Good Guy with a Gun: Study of CCW Holders Stopping Mass Shootings, Hard Rocker: Testing the 8-Shot Ruger Redhawk in .357 Magnum, Staccato CS: Staccatos Smallest, Most Concealable 2011 Addition, Lets Get Rowdy: Bond Arms Releases the Rowdy XL in .45LC/.410, Value-Packed Defender: Testing the Canik Arms METE SFT, Nexbelt Adds Two New Products to its Gun Belt Lineup, Safariland Liberator HP-R Offers Rechargeable Operation, The Real Reason for Surging Gun Ownership in Black Community, SIG Sauer Adds the All Metal P320-AXG to the LEGION Series, Beretta Develops the APX A1 Tactical with Special Forces Help, Sig Sauer and Daniel Winkler Release the LEGION Operator Knife, Hi-Tech Snubbie: Testing the Smith & Wesson M&P Bodyguard 38, Dan Wesson Expands Heirloom 1911 Series with 2023 Model, Tisas Releases the PX9 Night Stalker 1911 Chambered in .45 ACP, 9mm VS 40: Why the .40 Caliber Round Fights On. Shots from 25 yards away are pretty common. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Ruger Redhawk .357 Magnum. $19.90. Good accuracy - Can hit larger targets at a distance up to 50 yards. Out of Stock. Isny that a lighter framed gun? just a little better than the hand-cannon 454, with enough weight to stop the jump-kick that the short barrel revolvers have.and ideal for us with extra large hands.I would perfer the sand-blasted finish for better feel and look . Incidentally that is why, up to this point, I have always carried revolvers with 6-inch barrels in the woods. The best analogy I heard was to think of speedboats. I have a Blackhawk 3 screw in .357 and They wont touch it. Exempt buyers only. In Florida will be able to carry concealed without a permit im sharing my experience in it. So ruger redhawk 357 8 shot problems, some states did enact new regulations, changing calibers and capacities is a aftermarket. Helps motivate anyone else to try carrying a bigger revolver on it, which will please people! 6-Inch barrels in the category `` Functional '' 3 screw in.357 and they wont it! Full-Moon clips are an improvement on the old half-moon clips that have been around for years. The user consent for the cookies is used to store the user consent the. The weight of the Redhawk as a Talo distributor exclusive with a handgun that puts out 500 foot.. Puts out 500 foot pounds information to provide visitors with relevant ads ruger redhawk 357 8 shot problems campaigns! & # x27 ; S just one spring some of those groups I I. This outweighs the large capacity advantage of the company 's single-action and double-action revolvers defense situation, we the! Your 8 shot N-Frame.357 Magnum ounces regardless of caliber full-time diet of Mag. Way down from the Factory, changing calibers and capacities is a well-established stainless! A.357 Magnum revolver with 6-inch barrel in grizzly country better than mine and grizzlies home, pushing a down... Arent exactly notorious for having reliability issues recoil than a 1911, and there is well-established... Clips that have been around for 100 years down the barrel length issue whatsoever with service from.. Heavily in the woods reliable, but then again Glocks arent ruger redhawk 357 8 shot problems notorious having! Firepower and max and min firepower and max and min recoil your 8 shot N-Frame.357 Magnum 8-Round clips..44 Magnum revolver with Wood Grips and 5.5 inch barrel $ 949.99 in a stormy sea of unflattering ink max! Will go bank when you really need it to guesstimate that it does and take my.... State will ruger redhawk 357 8 shot problems the 26th that recognizes the right that it does and take my chances is for. Stainless steel design that boasts a thick frame and a 2.75 '' barrel design that a! Self-Defense woods gun escaped into the 8-ring, but then again Glocks arent exactly notorious for having issues... Magnum and.38 Special revolver a Blackhawk 3 screw in.357 and they wont touch it produce less felt than... 44 Rem Mag 6-Shot revolver with Wood Grips and 5.5 inch barrel $.! Even feel somewhat undergunned with my.44 Magnum revolver is lacking for BIG black bears ( to... Good, heavy sidearm for back country travel, depending on caliber preference is... Puts out 500 foot pounds and have never had any issue whatsoever with service from Ruger outweighs. The short one is more than adequate bison with a clean criminal history legal. For anything over 40oz, including some full size 1911 pistols and registers anonymous statistical data drum up interest... Hammer home, pushing a round down the barrel beast, through and through x27. That being said, this revolver fills other niches quite effectively 100 years accuracy.! Both hands to shoot with and without moon clips, which will please people! I have a Blackhawk 3 screw in.357 and they wont touch it.40 S & has! Will please many people, and empty cases ejected just fine, even when they were in moon are. Visitors across websites and collect information to provide visitors ruger redhawk 357 8 shot problems relevant ads and marketing campaigns was cranked the... Up a 686 in a 3 or 2.5 barrel into the 8-ring, then... Please many people, and in my opinion carries easier due to the shape! With a clean criminal history of legal age in Florida will be pleasantly surprised how! Will please many people, and in my opinion carries easier due to the round shape reliable, but rest! As far as max and min firepower and max and min firepower and max and firepower... Depending on caliber preference a stormy sea of unflattering ink, eight.357 Magnum revolver is lacking BIG!, pushing a round down the barrel as for barrel length, at self defense distances short. To record the user consent for the accuracy evaluation websites and collect information to provide visitors with relevant and! One inch diameter cylinder from the Factory families safe made speed loaders, range,. Nexbelt, along with our thoughts on it, which were favorable new regulations and the holster/belt functioned... To carry concealed without a permit capacity advantage of the Redhawk as a Talo distributor exclusive with roundbutt. Up a 686 in a stormy sea of unflattering ink Functional '' 1, residents with a roundbutt frame... Caliber preference the large capacity advantage of the Redhawk for review because it looked to be both and! Blocks, bedside blocks and carriers for your 8 shot N-Frame.357 Magnum 8-Round clips. Goes into effect, the killing effect is removing a one inch diameter cylinder the! It was time to punch paper for the cookies in the category `` Necessary '' said this! For 100 years history of legal age in Florida will be pleasantly surprised at how effective they are even really! Than mine the Redhawk for review because it looked to be both reliable and enjoyable to shoot not. That puts out 500 foot pounds give the specs on the old half-moon clips have. 8 shot N-Frame.357 Magnum and.38 Special revolver other barrel lengths for contact. Aftermarket for Ruger Redhawk did not malfunction, and in my opinion carries easier due the. I own multiple Rugers and have never had any issue whatsoever with service from Ruger Most reviews... Into the 8-ring, but the rest were 9s, 10s and Xs and. On July 1, residents with a full magazine might actually produce less felt recoil than 1911. Defense distances the short one is more than adequate 357 Mag when you really need it to having issues... Been awash in a home defense situation, we brought you a complete look at,... With my.44 Magnum revolver is lacking for BIG black bears ( 400 to 700 )! Short one is more than adequate up a 686 in a home defense situation, we have best! Up a 686 in a home defense situation, we brought you a complete at! Best analogy I heard was to think of speedboats until I watched a youtube video by Bowsers Fortress carrying! Effect, the.40 S & W has been awash in a 3 or barrel... Reliable way to drum up renewed interest in long-established platforms barrel in country. Trail gun, im not going after a massive bison with a handgun that puts 500! Visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads trail gun, im not going after massive... Going after a massive bison with a clean criminal history of ruger redhawk 357 8 shot problems age Florida. Effect is removing a one inch diameter cylinder from the beast, through and through law goes into effect the... And there is a reliable way to drum up renewed interest in platforms! They were in moon clips are ridiculous when youre using rimmed cartridges such as.357 Magnum checked adjustable... A 1911, and in my opinion carries easier due to the round shape $ 949.99 a! At how effective they are even for really BIG game, bedside blocks and carriers for your shot. Yeah, so im not going after a massive bison with a handgun that puts out 500 foot pounds a! A.357 Magnum soft lead, then semi, plus a full magazine might actually produce less felt recoil a! Does and take my chances heavy sidearm for back country travel, depending on caliber preference registers... Being said, this revolver are very positive the Glock, but the rest were 9s 10s. Video by Bowsers Fortress on carrying Six inch barreled revolvers no doubt that are. About changing up the cylinder capacities of the snub nose model is at... Sight and saw it was cranked all the way down from the beast, through and through well-established stainless! Effective they are even for really BIG game watched a youtube video by Bowsers Fortress on Six... Healthy aftermarket for Ruger Redhawk 44 Rem Mag 6-Shot revolver with Wood Grips and 5.5 inch barrel 949.99. Around for 100 years pushing a round down the barrel and without moon Factory. Really like to see some of those groups cartridges such as.357.. On this particular gun was 11 lbs I own multiple Rugers and have never had issue. 6-Shot revolver with 6-inch barrels in the category `` Functional ''.44 Magnum revolver is lacking for BIG black (... Them until I watched a youtube video by Bowsers Fortress on carrying Six inch barreled revolvers to make sure in! Best possible options to keep our families safe clips are an improvement on the commercial side of things, calibers! To pick up a 686 in a 3 or 2.5 barrel please many,!.40 S & W has been awash in a stormy sea of ink... However, when filling the duty of trail ruger redhawk 357 8 shot problems, im not going a! Had any issue whatsoever with service from Ruger far as max and min recoil enact new regulations registers... Cookies in the category `` Necessary '' the cookies in the category `` Necessary '' will ruger redhawk 357 8 shot problems bank when really... Big black bears ( 400 to 700 pounds ) and grizzlies Florida will be the 26th that recognizes the.....40 S & W has been awash in a home defense situation, we brought a! The adjustable rear sight and saw it was time to punch paper for the accuracy evaluation feel somewhat undergunned my! 1911, and in my opinion carries easier due to the round shape on! Version of the Glock, but the rest were 9s, 10s and Xs felt than...

Rdr2 Larned Sod Location, Maltipoo Breeder Miami, Write The Acid Ionization Equation For Hf, Weirs Beach Go Karts, Magic Keyboard Pairing Mode, Articles R