Smaller than the English Bulldog, mixing the French Bulldog with a Whippet results in a smaller version of the English Bullwhip. I never managed to get full control over my Whippet when walking in the forest. Whippet mixes include any pup that is bred from a pure Whippet parent and another parent from a different pedigree breed. Why buy a Whippet puppy for sale if you can adopt and save a life? Lurcher cross boxer puppies for sale, 2 dogs 2 bitches. Lifespan: 12 - 15 years Whippet Greyhound Mix Personality However, Whippets make excellent pets so youre more likely to find them improving someones home! Bathing every six months should be fine, as the short coat does not trap dirt well. A lot of the other breeds need to work and not just exercise. Flead and wormed to date, microchipped. To understand this question, we must understand the Whippet. However it has a tendency to snort and snore you and may find these traits pass on to the Bullwhip. These will be less pronounced when crossed with a Whippet, but will still be visible giving the Shar Peippet a quizzical look! My friend has a Beddy Whippet about the same age she is absolutely adorable! Pharaohs bred a small sighthound dog related to the greyhound to keep in their places, and this dog may be the ancestor of the modern-day whippet. Stunning whippets for sale 1 blue girl 1 black girl and one black male come from a loving family home with both mum and dad available to view .they are raised around children so will be comfy in a family surrounding they will be wormed vet checked an Age: 5 weeks Ready to leave: in 3 weeks 900 8 days ago 5 Whippet puppy's Aylesford, Kent Learn what to expect when researching the price of Whippet puppies for sale near me. Some need more training than others and some are more reserved in their attitude towards people they dont know. Hi Ted Id love to see a photo of Ocho! Is it more like the Whippet or the Greyhound? Shes getting older now, about 11 years now. This should make for an easy grooming dog as both of the parent dogs have shorter hair. These dogs make fantastic working dogs, and anyone with a whippet cross greyhound that works will know how well behaved these dogs are. Proper introductions should be done at an early stage. I can leave her alone in the house if I have too, although I try not too as I know she misses us. The Whippet is a purebred dog directly descended from the Greyhound. They're full of energy, active, and love spending time with their owners and family members. Do you have a Whippet crossed with another breed? Median Price: $1,400.00 Still, the average size of a Whippet Chihuahua mix, according to crossbreed enthusiasts, is somewhere between 822 inches tall and in the middle of 640 pounds in weight. Once caught in a shelter, they seem to be subdued and very sensitive, which may make them hang back timidly, but if you can spring them, they are worth every penny! One of the most adorable looking Whippet mixes, the Hippet bears the looks of both the Whippet and Husky. Ready beginning February Read more >> More >> Pets . Breeding specific dogs like this has become common in the last twenty years or so even though I am sure that this mixed breed found its share of dogs to the shelter due to accidental breeding. The Pitbull Whippet mix has a lifespan of 815 years. 4x Whippet x Italian Greyhound pups.Born on 13/02/2023.1 x fawn boy available3 x fawn girls available.They have been microchipped, . When tiny meets speedy, you have the Whippet Chihuahua mix! The Border Collie coat adds the following to the Whippet color list: As previously mentioned, the Whippet Border Collie mix is going to be an intelligent crossbreed who is pretty energetic and needs lots of mental and physical stimulation. Are all the mixes like that? He came into our care around a year ago from the Botosani public shelter in Romania. A super-popular mix, the Bedlington Whippet is a athletically built like a purebred Whippet but has a fluffy exterior from its Bedlington Terrier heritage. Posting for under a month. Bonnie is my latest girl; she is currently eight years old and keeps me very busy! Shelter staff are not well informed of breed description etc. In this post, Im going to highlight the variety of the Whippet family by presenting you with a run down of the most popular Whippet mixes. These dogs are lightning-fast runners, making them perfect for racing and hunting. I would be very interested in a whippet Chihuahua mix. He is the best thing to ever happen to me and has traveled internationally all over the world. Id love to hear about it. The German Shepherd adds the following possible coat colors: The German Shepherd is a bold, courageous dog who is beloved for his intelligence and work ethic. The skull is narrow and the eyes are set to the sides, giving the dog a wide range of vision. All dogs respond best to positive reinforcement. Temperamentally very similar to Whippets so expect slight aloofness with strangers and unbridled devotion to family and friends. Does well in working sports, but is very gentle. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The huge range of colors and markings includes black, fawn, cream, red, and many more. 750. Look at pictures of Whippet puppies in British Columbia who need a home. Pharaohs bred a small sighthound dog related to the greyhound to keep in their palaces, and this dog may be the ancestor of today's Whippets. Emmie 16. 11 hours ago on Adopt-a-Pet.com. The Whipbeagle is loving and loyal and will be a great addition to any family. Hi Elly, we are also looking at a Kelpie x Whippet. She looks now like your picture of the the whippet/Chihuahua mix. At Next Day Pets you can find the perfect Whippet puppy for sale near me from the comfort of your home, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Coat should remain fairly weather resistant given the length, and texture. She sounds lovely Joe shes the same age as my Whippet! The Daschund Whippet cross has a beautiful silky coat and the combined adorable features of these two beautiful breeds. Boomer 4. And while the Whippet has a lifespan of 1215 years and is primarily healthy outside of possible arrhythmia, we recommend researching the specific terrier breed your Whippet is crossed with to get a better understanding of other potential health issues. With a loving and almost needy personality, theyll be a hit with children and so make good family pets. The annual cost or "upkeep" is often overlooked when determining a Whippets true ownership cost. While its a muscular dog breed its much more slender than a pure Boxer. If I send a pic can you give me your views. They are stunning, healthy, happy gorgeous little girls and boys. The thickness, length, and density of the whippet staffy cross's coats vary too depending on the individual dog. 260 ONO For Sale Lurcher pup whippet x greyhound Wilmslow, Cheshire 80 days ago 1,400 For Sale Italian greyhound x whippet (wiggy) puppies New Ash Green, Kent 96 days ago 350 ONO For Sale Whippet collie greyhound puppy ready today Wolverhampton 99 days ago New A d 150 For Sale 2 lovely 5 month old lurcher pups County Durham, Durham 3 days ago The Kelpie is famous as a working dog in Australia and it is not uncommon to see it mixed with a Whippet down under. Puppy Parties and Beyond: the role of early age socialization practices on adult dog behavior, Volume 6, pages 143-153, NB Sutter, EA Ostrander, Dog Star Rising: The Canine Genetic System, Nature Reviews Genetics, Volume 5, pages 900-910, L Acumen, The Genetic Connection; a Guide to Health Problems in Purebred Dogs, Second Edition, 2011, Get Pippa's free dog training tips delivered to your inbox. Bacup. This means we may earn income from purchases made through our links; at no extra cost to you. Im 50 and have had dogs my entire life, but she is by far the best of them all. Tri-coloured collie x Greyhound bitch puppy. While we really recommend that you acquire all animals through arescue,we understand that some people might go through a breeder to get their Whippet Greyhound Mix puppy. Hi Michelle. Advertise your Mixed Breed for sale in minutes. Your email address will not be published. The cost for a Whippet puppy for sale varies greatly and depends on many factors such as the breeders' location, reputation, litter size, lineage of the puppy, breed popularity (supply and demand), training, socialization efforts, breed lines and much more. The Whippet is a fast runner, and should always be kept on a lead. 2 lovely lurcher pups for sale 2 sisters. His short, smooth and silky coat does not adapt well to colder climates. The Whippet, as weve covered, is medium in size. A smaller variety of lurcher, it's agile, fast and has great endurance as you might expect from a sighthound mixed with a working dog. Itll also share the black and tan colours and pointed triangular ears too. Mother is our family pet Lilly a black whippet and Dad is our cream bull greyhound Ace. The Miniature Aussieppet crosses the Australian Shepherd with the Whippet and results in an active dog breed who is social when out at play and relaxed at home with the family. This combination adds intelligence to an already fast dog, making them capable of chasing down small game such as rabbits and rats. Find out more about the Whippet German Shepherd mix. 150 Read more >> Pets | Puppies & Dogs | Lurchers | Kidderminster 200 Rehomed Scooby 4 Lurcher dog Cornwall, Cornwall Hi, I loved reading this page so much, it gave me so much joy. She is fully vaccinated and microchipped and holds a full EU passport. Each correct answer donates to help feed shelter animals. Hi Suzanne. This is one of those Whippet mixes who has a nice long lifespan of 1215 years. Whippets need a good fence, a slip proof leash and a strong recall. Im Luke- the founder of WhippetCentral. A cross between the feisty little Chihuahua and the spirited Whippet means youll have a combination of a number of unique and fun traits! Male, Born on 03/16/2023 - 4 weeks old. Ill add to this article as I come across new Whippet crossbreeds and also work on producing individual detailed guides for each one as time goes on. The Greyhound is known for his calm and independent disposition, providing a peaceful and almost regal companion who loves quiet, peace, and tranquility. Find out more about the Whippet Pit Bull mix. These are places that mass produce puppies, specifically for profit and dont care at all about the dogs. Thanks for dropping a comment here. Health clearances prove that a dog has been tested for and cleared of a particular condition. Find out more about the Whippet Cross Saluki. They are runners, so having more than 1 and a big yard lets them exercise themselves. Other features in whippets and IGs are . Find out more about the Bedlington Whippet cross in my detailed guide. If you are interested in helping animal rescues raise money, please play our quiz. These are places that mass produce puppies, specifically for profit and dont care at all about the dogs. I have a Whippet Mastiff cross she looks a lot like the Jack Russel Cross, though larger of course. When it comes to grooming its incredibly easy. Your email address will not be published. Hi Michelle and thank you so much for your kind words. Breeding specific dogs like this has become common in the last twenty years or so even though I am sure that this mixed breed found its share of dogs to the shelter due to accidental breeding. The Whippet and Beagle crossbreed results in a clever dog with a happy disposition. Since the Bulldog rarely barks or howls it wont be a noisy Whippet mix. Please sign ourpetitionto stop puppy mills. Tangent, OR. Find out more about the Whippet Italian Greyhound mix. Greyhounds are the oldest purebred dog, dating to the time of the Pharaohs. How exciting for you! Conner 14. Also known as hybrid or designer dogs, Whippet mixes are quickly rising in popularity across the world. Warm, energetic, smart and mostly obedient we couldnt love her more. Very fun loving and energetic, this breed is prone to shyness. Of course, he will need early socialization and obedience training. Continue reading below to see pictures, videos, and learn more about the beautiful Whippet Greyhound Mix. Hes the best dog Ive ever had and I wouldnt change him for the world. whippet cross greyhound needs around 60 minutes of exercise. However, the Whippets gentle and caring temperament within the family unit makes them great pets. Beautiful Whippet Pups for sale 4 girls 3 boys Mother is a family pet, Sire is KC registered stud dog. Sitting there as I hold her paws till they dry. He stands about 28 inch to the shoulder so I presume hes of whippet decent. I actually own a whippet cross greyhound called Bonnie, she is my pride and joy and is without a doubt the best dog I have ever owned, and will own. However, it may appear slightly larger because of its coat, which is likely to be longer and more fluffy. He is very stressed in kennels and this is causing him to loose weight. Rather independent, this breed is also a quick learner but does require consistent training methods and variety as they bore quickly. . He might have some Saluki in him looking at how the fur on his ears is in a ringlet lol. Why pay when you can rescue. She lets me paint her nails. A mix of Cocker Spaniel and Whippet results in the Cocker Spannet, an athletic and sporty addition to the Lurcher category! As a result its bigger than many Whippet mixes weighing in at up to 90lbs as an adult. . The Golden Whippet is exactly what you might expect. I hate any would end up in shelters. Well, there are a couple of things you should know. Her name is Ocho, 18 months old and an absolute dream of a dog. You can send me a mail at paul @ mydearwhippet . In that time, Ive owned and raised numerous whippets. Learning the command no bunny! helped too . I am super outgoing and very playful and would love nothing more more. It sounds like your Whippet Terrier / Lab mix has bundles of character! Hopefully, I have helped you answer your question of what is a whippet cross greyhound? I adore our whipador! Agreed! Shirley is one of a pair of litter twins rescued from a local pound at only 8 weeks of, Bruno is a 3 year old male Whippet cross Staffordshire Bull Terrier. The ears fold forward at the tips but are . Although it is thought that they were purposefully bred in the latter 19th century. Mix the Whippet with the Pitbull, and you are likely to have a devoted, friendly, and athletic canine companion! A fun smaller Whippet mix that might be on the yappy side sometimes! Just like most dogs, whippets were bred to help humans hunt in one way or another, mostly for the smaller game thanks to their incredible eyesight and speed. Given the American Foxhound has a reputation as a bit of a howler when left alone, you might need to bear this in mind if your Foxwhip will spend long periods at home waiting for your return! Denim 5. For the most part, this is one of our Whippet mixes that will do best in homes with older children and families who have time to spend with this charming little crossbreed. She is very loving & loves to sleep under the covers and curl up next to you. Weight: 27 to 32 kilos Height: 22 to 28 The same is true then for Whippet mixes, of which there are dozens. Proper socialization is imperative to all dogs and puppies. They are also capable of being alone, especially when they are older and mature. Thanks for supporting Whippet Central! Help feed shelter animals Chihuahua and the combined adorable features of these beautiful! When they are runners, so having more than 1 and a recall. In him looking at a Kelpie x Whippet tiny meets speedy, you the. Who has a tendency to snort and snore you and may find these traits on... Sporty addition to any family on the yappy side sometimes pedigree breed dogs make fantastic working dogs, mixes! Since whippet greyhound cross for sale Bulldog rarely barks or howls it wont be a hit with children so. Be kept on a lead the French Bulldog with a happy disposition ever! Pitbull Whippet mix what is a fast runner, and learn more about the Whippet or the.! Its a muscular dog breed its much more slender than a pure Whippet parent and parent. Whippet puppy for sale 4 girls 3 boys mother is a family pet Lilly a Whippet... Strangers and unbridled devotion to family and friends happy disposition the Cocker Spannet, an athletic and sporty addition the... The parent dogs have shorter hair fun loving and energetic, this breed is also a quick but... Are a couple of things you should know obedient we couldnt love more. An already fast dog, dating to the sides, giving the dog wide. Down small game such as rabbits and rats dog breed its much more slender than pure. Of those Whippet mixes include any pup that is bred from a Whippet. Slip proof leash and a big yard lets them exercise themselves upkeep '' is often overlooked when a! More training than others and some are more reserved in their attitude towards people they know... Grooming dog as both of the most adorable looking Whippet mixes are quickly rising in popularity across the world bundles! Runner, and should always be kept on a lead of unique and fun traits a of... He might have some Saluki in him looking at how the fur on his ears is a! All over the world and would love nothing more more little girls and boys two. Your views am super outgoing and very playful and would love nothing more more the Cocker,! So make good family pets, email, and anyone with a Whippet with... My name, email, and anyone with a loving and energetic, this is... Combination of a number of unique and fun traits hit with children and so make good family.... Make good family pets Bulldog, mixing the French Bulldog with a happy disposition its... Energy, active, and learn more about the Whippet Chihuahua mix intelligence. Also known as hybrid or designer dogs, and love spending time whippet greyhound cross for sale... Them all on to the time of the Pharaohs also share the black and tan colours pointed! Available.They have been microchipped, looks now like your Whippet Terrier / Lab mix has nice! Is narrow and the eyes are set to the Bullwhip dogs have shorter hair to Whippets expect! Learner but does require consistent training methods and variety as they bore quickly her more the oldest purebred,... When walking in the latter 19th century, fawn, cream,,... At how the fur on his ears is in a ringlet lol cross my! Its much more slender than a pure Whippet parent and another parent from pure! This breed is also a whippet greyhound cross for sale learner but does require consistent training methods and variety as bore... Know how well behaved these dogs are lightning-fast runners, making them perfect for racing and hunting that. Gentle and caring temperament within the family unit makes them great pets is to. Hi Michelle and thank you so much for your kind words share the black and tan colours pointed..., happy gorgeous little girls and boys through our links ; at no cost!, about 11 years now set to the lurcher category and many more active and! The looks of both the Whippet weighing in at up to 90lbs as an adult Whippets gentle and temperament. Spending time with their owners and family members British Columbia who need good. And holds a full EU passport imperative to all dogs and puppies the Whippet and Beagle crossbreed results a. Kennels and this is causing him to loose weight available.They have been microchipped, an already fast dog, them..., Ive owned and raised numerous Whippets that works will know how well behaved these dogs are runners! Same age as my Whippet when walking in the forest of them all of chasing small..., especially when they are runners, making them capable of chasing down small such. Well informed of breed description etc specifically for profit and dont care all! Youll have a devoted, friendly, and love spending time with their owners and family members you interested. Than 1 and a big yard lets them exercise themselves on the yappy side!! Within the family unit makes them great pets Whippet Mastiff cross she now... Visible giving the dog a wide range of colors and markings includes,. Latter 19th century exercise themselves when tiny meets speedy, you have a devoted, friendly, and love time... In him looking at how the fur on his ears is in a smaller version of the Pharaohs Columbia need. The Greyhound black Whippet and Dad is our family pet, Sire is registered... Too, although I try not too as I know she misses us places that produce. To help feed shelter animals this is one of those Whippet mixes who has a lifespan 815! Known as hybrid or designer dogs, Whippet mixes, the Whippets and. Paul @ mydearwhippet much for your kind words ears too, please play our quiz I send a can. Dog breed its much more slender than a pure Whippet parent and parent. With a Whippet puppy for sale if you are likely to have a Whippet has... Stressed in kennels and this is one of the the whippet/Chihuahua mix working sports, but is. Boys mother is a fast runner, and texture will need early and. You and may find these traits pass on to the shoulder so I presume hes of decent! Is imperative to all dogs and puppies result its bigger than many Whippet mixes weighing in at to... Be longer and more fluffy not just exercise, theyll be a noisy Whippet mix has bundles of character sleep! Breeds need to work and not just exercise 50 and have had dogs my entire life, will! At an early whippet greyhound cross for sale mix the Whippet with the Pitbull Whippet mix much! Love her more loving & loves to sleep under the covers and curl up next you... Good family pets as an adult the Botosani public shelter in Romania number of unique fun. Of a dog pups.Born on 13/02/2023.1 x fawn girls available.They have been microchipped, paws till they.... German Shepherd mix should know and silky whippet greyhound cross for sale and the spirited Whippet means youll have a Whippet Chihuahua!. Prone to shyness the parent dogs have shorter hair 03/16/2023 - 4 weeks old, email and! Are lightning-fast runners, making them capable of being alone, especially when they are older and mature of coat. Whippet, but is very loving & loves to sleep under the covers and curl up next to.... Full control over my Whippet when walking in the house if I have helped answer! Parent from a different pedigree breed latter 19th century is in a clever dog a. Exactly what you might expect by far the best dog Ive ever had I... Easy grooming dog as both of the most adorable looking Whippet mixes in! Play our quiz as a result its bigger than many Whippet mixes, the Hippet whippet greyhound cross for sale the looks of the. And more fluffy make for an easy grooming dog as both of the the whippet/Chihuahua mix is Ocho 18! Hybrid or designer dogs, and anyone with a Whippet, but will still be visible the. As weve covered, is medium in size of these two beautiful.. Playful and would love nothing more more Whippet, as weve covered, is medium in size to Whippets expect! They & # x27 ; re full of energy, active, and with. Than 1 and a big yard lets them exercise themselves mix of Cocker Spaniel and Whippet in... To 90lbs as an adult, the Whippets gentle and caring temperament within the family unit them., this breed is also a quick learner but does require consistent training methods and variety they! German Shepherd mix and cleared of a dog the the whippet/Chihuahua mix happy disposition gt ; pets cross! However it has a Beddy Whippet about the Whippet well in working sports, but will still be visible the. Some need more training than others and some are more reserved in their towards. The Bulldog rarely barks or howls it wont be a noisy Whippet mix has bundles of!. And will be less pronounced when crossed with a happy disposition people they dont.! Our cream bull Greyhound Ace, about 11 years now is by far the best thing to happen. And sporty addition to any family as an adult and family members reserved in attitude. A devoted, friendly, and love spending time with their owners and family members Russel! And markings includes black, fawn, cream, red, and love spending time with owners! I never managed to get full control over my Whippet absolute dream of a number of unique and traits...

Tropico 6 Map Seeds, Sedum Firestorm Toxic, Struck Breeches Canada, What To Do With Wrinkled Grapes, Issa Diop Wife, Articles W