The accommodations at cabin #1 were GREAT - hot showers, warm cabin, comfortable beds and great kitchen. With mud on his boots, burrs on his pants, and sweat on his brow he never-never ever loses sight of why he is HERE for. Employment; Product Photo Gallery. Our hope is that we draw your area again, so that we can return. With the Special, you may draw at 3 or 4 points or even fewer. Fishing licenses can be purchased over the counter. If you are looking for an affordable Wyoming hunt that offers some of the best guided antelope hunts in the state, then a Wagonhound Outfitters antelope hunt is designed for you! In 2010, everybody will be driving in two feet of snow, fighting the elements of nature, but, totally surrounded by elk and huge timber bucks. (307) 358-9828 Phone. One group of rookies had the trip of lifetime catching a permit apiece and probably 10 or more bones each in their 3 days of fishing. We glassed lots of big bulls, but they were in the timber with cows and would not move or come to a call. Our log cabins are fully furnished, and they include full baths with cold/hot running water, kitchens that are equipped with appliances and kitchenware for your use and enjoyment. Thank you for the trip of a lifetime! Our goal is to ensure you have the best antelope hunting experience possible. Plan your Wyoming big game hunt. So 3 hunters, for example, with 8 points in total (4 points, 3 points, 1 point) would jointly have 8 points in the draw, meaning each hunter has 2.66 points. Russ and Mary were so helpful in preparing me for my first leopard hunt and I am grateful. Wisconsin. And they will check your permission slips!! I'm curious too. You made us feel welcome like family. $49.00: Non-Resident Big Game Wyoming hunting licenses for Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, and Whitetail Deer are on a permit drawing basis. Glenn and I want to "Thank you" and let you know that we will certainly be back next year. Please contact us for additional details on application dates, leftover permit availability, and results dates. During this time, the rut is in full swing so expect to see many animals and breathtaking views during your hunt, a real bucket-list opportunity. This doctor from California got a real trophy. So, the elk have been here since about the middle of December and they are hanging out, basking in the sun, to the torment of the "Ranching for wildlife" hunters, who cannot hunt them due to regulations, and they would not, anyway, due to the fact that, I will not do anything to get the elk moving. These specs in the snow? We saw many herds of hundreds of ELK on your beautiful land and getting near enough was a very "fair chase" challenge on the open land. What an experience, to be able to sit down with you, your grandson and the other hunters and enjoy the company. My turn, I caught my 4, and put Joan back in bow to catch her 4, and so we kept trading all morning. They have chosen to do exactly what I have been talking about for the last 4-5 years. Antelope Hunting dates start on September 20th and go through October 31st. ( I only had one major request and that was extra blankets and a minor, for a candle-----I knew that I would be up every morning before the generator would come on). The Ranch is a 20,000+ acre privately owned outfitting and cattle Ranch. Our archery hunts are a combination of ground blinds, sitting over waterholes, and spot-and-stalk styles. I also saw a small handful of elk at both the Cummings and the Mobley place. I guess they are a whole lot smarter than me, because, whatever they have been doing and however they are managing the dispensing of licenses, is indeed working out. This branch, covered in a little blood at the exit wound, is called a "BRUCH" in german and is the traditional gift to the successful hunter in Germany. This year we will be honored to have here some hunters from Europe, Kuwait and possibly the Aussies may be coming back. Then it got truly hot, and we went trolling for barracuda (using big orange tube lures on our fly rods). The 2013 seasons were once again, exceptional. The Spearhead Ranch is our privately owned 58,000 acre cattle and sheep ranch, we are proud to offer exceptional Antelope, Mule Deer and Elk hunting. They go out of their way to make everything great from you room; every meal, right to the very end of the adventure. And I work very hard trying to please everybody. Hunting has become the lifeblood of the local landowners After the disastrous agricultural experience of the 70's and the 80's, many ranchers and farmers saw an opportunity to supplement their income by offering a premier hunting experience to those that seek the excitement of the hunt. It would not have bothered me, had I not been alone. The accommodations were top notch. He paid lesser amounts at least twice so he's not against the concept. I was then taken to my main camp and met Sara and my PH, LJ Marisi. As the application deadline approaches, I am happy to assist with your application. Yes, 2015, was a definite year of extremes". 3 Mountains, 8000 Acres. Took two good bears, and the guiding & accommodation / food were excellent. Hunters from all walks of life have been 100% successful on this unguided hunt. I cannot think of a better place to spend a week. I want to thank BMOA for setting everything up, and I'll be in touch in the future. AlleghenyElk; Dec 27, 2022; Pronghorn; 2. SPECIAL NOTE: They know how to tell trophies and are honest as to what you are or are not shooting. Thanks again, Butch. Attorney K. E. Taken out of Paso Robles CA. #5. A lazy herd of elk enjoying the winter day directly behind the ranch house, on the "Y Lazy S Ranch". Some of the hunters had to go back home emptyhanded. Antelope Hunting Access He flew in from Kuwait. But, since the construction of numerous top quality log cabins now we are ready to offer you top quality accommodations in our cozy, heated log cabins, offering you a hunting experience like none else. Wyoming has a two-stage, two license draw system. The only thing that matters to me, is that the hunters get what they come here for. If there are NO available accommodations, hunters may stay in town at their own cost or take advantage of our CAMPING spaces available WITH FULL & UNLIMITED USE OF HOT SHOWERS & BATHROOMS AT THE HEADQUARTERS. The ranch abounds with wildlife and along with the above species you might also see whitetail deer, turkeys, eagles, fox, coyotes, game birds, prairie dogs and numerous other small game animals. We have a tremendous amount of game and all of you who have been here before, know how much fun it can be to find yourselves surrounded by thousands of majestic wapitis. Although, we continue to harvest numerous elk each year, our success rate is not near the 100% that used to be, even a couple of years ago. Of course the highlight of the trip was the beautiful country. They are going to expect the same results from now on. I have a friend with a few points, so maybe I can talk him into it for next year and I can use his points to draw. Glenn and I had a great experience hunting your ranch. Full Price: $341.00; Special: $629.00; Full Price Youth**: $125.00; . We have a great time and see mule deer and antelope like no where else you could hunt! Thank you, again.". So, we didn't harvest as many elk as we had wished. The guy that should get a medal for effort, though, is Vince from Wisconsin. Our hunt planner has application dates and deadlines, season dates, drawing odds, harvest statistics, access information and more. In recent years we have only had about 4 or 5 hunters actually draw each year, so there is plenty of available animals and hunt success is 100% regardless of dates! Below is a list of landowners in each region offering hunting access for other species (turkey, sandhill crane, etc.). Im looking to do an antelope hunt next year so Im happy to learn. I will definitely be trying to draw that tag again every year! If it . Just a note to "Thank you" both for a great time at the "Y Lazy S Ranch". Every attempt will be made to bring the animal away from the field in whole, but when the terrain or situation arrives we commonly use the gutless method to obtain every possible ounce of the ever so valuable meat and harvest. I need to add that the facilities and the food as well as the hospitality was more than anyone could ask for. Telsrow Ranch Hunting. At Wagonhound Outfitters, we dont use ATVs for hunting, and we very rarely use them to transport animals. I also saw some really big woodland caribou (next trip). The hunting is in Antelope Hunt Unit 38 with 550 antelope buck tags going out to an area almost completely covered in private ranching, which provides a steady population. Whether it snows or not. "Y Lazy S Ranch Llc. I went on your recommended Mozambique safari Hunt #157. The late cow season, which lasts for the entire month of December, proved to be extremely successful. We did harvest a few elk in 2017, but, our success was nowhere near as hoped and anticipated. Access to Hunt Elk in the Sheridan Region. You went out of your way to make sure we had everything we needed. Without a hunt deposit, you could have a tag and no place to hunt. Wyoming has some pretty big country, with all that country comes some pretty big predators! I would like to encourage all those that would consider a cow hunt to apply for December and come and enjoy this beautiful country, this fabulous ranch, when there are no other hunters around. In Craig we have a very nice City Market grocery store and a Walmart, where you can buy your groceries, your licenses, ammo and appropriate clothing, if you left home without some items. Thanks guys for the wonderful pronghorn location. Herd, after another large herd, they left the high country and they moved on to our ranch. The hunter is ALWAYS responsible for applying for his own license. I would highly recommend this outfit for those willing to hunt hard and push themselves. Antelope Our antelope are hunted on approximately 120,000 acres of private leases and BLM permitted areas in Wyoming. All was well! Nothing else can top the feeling. We are located within the natural migration route. Art Smith from Greenwood, CA wrote: "I just want to start off by saying what a very sweet person you are. Needless to say, he was very excited as were we. Deer and turkey hunting in the Wyoming Black Hills for a trespass fee. Just thought Id send a quick e-mail to let you know I had a great hunt last week. DEPOSITS Biggest "Thanks" to you and Monte for making us feel like family". Ready for an unforgettable hunting experience? Honestly, I'd pay that just to get away from people, regardless of size. And, all three scored big with their beautiful bull elk. They will be telling that story for a long time. THANK YOU! Dinners were superb, the bar was excellent (watch out for their rum punch!). 3-day hunt $1,095 That was the right call, as the bull I killed moved into the area during the night. Our guides will assist or complete the quartering or boning of the carcass with the utmost care and attention to the important value of the meat and any additional extension of the animal. This can help or hurt, so do be aware of it. I will be booking again to hunt the same area. Joined: Dec 2006. Almost everybody that hunted, went home with the game. Great experience, hunted hard, felt like we were in elk - tons of sign, scat, beds,.found a couple wallows that looked like they were getting hit. Have attached a couple of photos. The herds are definitely increasing further, due to the lower harvest quota and the minimal winterkill, due to the mild winter weather. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I wanted to take time to thank you and your staff for a great hunting experience. Upon receipt of your full payment, Hunt Nation will also send you info on maps of the hunting area and directions on how to get there. We were greeted by Aleka the day before the season opened and she spent time with us to ensure we knew the ranch boundaries and where to set up and hunt for the best chance at a pronghorn. , finitely a blessing to live on this beautiful ranch., Of course, there is nothing that can affect the growth of the numbers of mule deer and pronghorn antelope. Wyoming State Parks, CAREERS If it rains (not likely), these unpaved roads can get quite slippery. At the height of the rut, stalking the pronghorn antelope for the trophy of your choice is exciting, making it an ideal hunt for new or younger hunters. I have hunted all over, on many guided hunts, and this PH of yours is hands down- the finest I have ever known! We are also looking forward to see again old friends and meet some new ones. Whatever grasses grew on the fields were left for the wildlife, deer, antelope, elk and small game. We are still looking for some access. ****************. Depending on your preferences, you can choose to travel via horseback, hiking, or 4WD with the archery-guided antelope hunts we offer. My wife and I took our grandson Luke, on his first ever hunt for a Pronghorn on the "Y Lazy S" and the experience was excellent. At least for the first couple of years, the seasons are pushed later by about a week. You won't find this in any other state or most of the areas in Wyoming so take advantage of it while it lasts. The man has been seen alone in the wilderness, on ridges, in valleys and in between. Everybody is telling me that we are at the tailend of the weather cycle causing this weather change and sooner rather than later we are going to start seeing again the heavy snows in October and the earlier migration to the west of the elk herds. General Info. Success is 100%, assuming straight shooting. His thirst insatiable, until his gun's pin is set and his gun's barrell smokes.. He will keep it for life to remember this day and his successful first harvest. We are a family owned business that strive to provide our customers with a quality hunting experience. I would happily have paid $350 just to cross their .3 miles of land that separates thousands of acres probably of public from the other smaller patch of public that ajoins the road. So, now towards the end of January, the herds of elk, ever so lazily, have decided to move. The Russians were extremely accommodating. We are located within the natural migration route. In 2010, Natrona County finally bumped out Coconino County, Arizona as the fourth-best place in the world to kill a Boone & Crockett record-book antelope. Several thousand again. So, we are busy getting ready for the spring farming operations. Here is a comment from a recent client: document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The Cross C Ranch is a family owned and operated outfit. Our party of 6 filled all our tags on the Morning of the second day!, RECEIVE WEEKLY DISCOUNTED AND CANCELLATION SPECIALS DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX. Trophy care: good. We STRONGLY advise applying ONLY for the more expensive Special License (if you apply for the less expensive Regular license, you save $288, but odds of drawing drop tremendously unless you have at least 5 preference points). The ranch is so vast that many exceptional antelope may never see a hunter, especially if youre willing to walk a bit and climb some hills to glass from. More snow would mean better crops on this ranch, better and happier attitude by this landowner, more feed for the wildlife and prettier sights of this country site. People hunting deer would provide information to elk hunters about elk they had seen and vise versa. Look at this herd, I'd say around a couple of thousand head. Dan and I had a wonderful stay at your ranch. Outfitter, Camp, Food, Guide, Equipment, Trophy care are all Excellent. In general, the more expensive Special Price license gives you much better draw odds. It was just what I was lookigng for, a hunt and a vacation. Highlights: experiencing the culture, the native skinners and trackers. Mainly just for our doe tags. There are a lot of school sections in WY that are public land. Antelope Hunting dates start on September 20th and go through October 31st. Wagonhound Outfitters encourages you to join us on one of our guided antelope hunts in picturesque Wyoming. CAMPING anywhere on the property $250.00. For license information, please, contact: has 6,500 acres ALL private land solely owned by your hostess Alexandra (Aleka) Butler, adjacent to RouttNational Forest. , THE RANCH TRESPASS FEESWILLBE AS FOLLOWS, beginning January 1, 2022:, PronghornBuck $ 2,000, Doe Antelope $ 500, 4 day hunt / 5 night accommodations upon availability $ 2,500, ELK $3,500, ---------------------------------------, Cow ELK $ 2,000, 4 day hunt / 5 night accommodations upon availability , (Foradditional night accommodations , please, make the necessary arrangements with the management), , CALL FOR AVAILABILITY OF landowners vouchers FOR ANTELOPE ONLY. Our county has the largest antelope population in the United States along with a 100% success rate to date. Last year, 2014, was another markably drought stricken year that disappointedly, did not allow us to harvest a crop. It is truly rewarding to welcome all my old friends and many new ones each year and share with them this small piece of paradise for a few days. We never tired of seeing all the wildlife. However, for the rookies or the folks looking for their first bones, the guides had their secret spots. Several in our group had little or no fly fishing experience but guides taught them enough for them to score on bones and hook them on the sport. In area 29 where I'm going, the lion's share of the licenses are good only on private land and the chances of a nonresident drawing a good anywhere in the area Type 1 for 29 are slim. Mickie & Corey Fischer 307-237-8468 - 223 North Durbin Casper, WY 82601. I passed up so many big pronghorn I began to wonder if I should have shot 1 or tried to find a bigger 1. This was an exceptional hunt. Below is a list of landowners in each region offering hunting access for elk. BUT YOU SHOULD BE APPLYING FOR POINTS, AND EVERYONE NEEDS THEM! When we arrived at the landing strip at camp, more great people to meet and take care of me. ", "Thank you so much for everything. We hope that 2013 will be a whole lot snowier, so that we can have some kind of crop, anyway, and that the snow will cover the ground early in October, so that it will drive the elk to the lower country about the middle of that month. You are using an out of date browser. Butch: Thanks for another awesome hunt. we also offer Blue Ribbon Fishing. A few years ago Butch took some family hunting his daughter, his granddaughter and his wife Joan, and all three generations of ladies took respectable antelope (13-14) in a single day by 2 pm! Super food. You can expect to get 40 50+ pounds of boneless meat from a mature class Antelope buck. "I recently learnt that the "mule deer" is also called the "Burro Deer" (donkey???? And, your food, of course. There is so much game that it is unbelievable to even imagine that there would be so many animals here. So trophy goats will be here you just have to be patient, be selective, and hunt hard for them. The State will also refund your license fee, less the $30 for the preference point, if you made that selection. Booked hunt for Sable. The temps have been as low as -39F for quite a few days in a row and it has been snowing relentlessly. But, if a hunter is hunting both species, then, the trespass fee paid, along with the complementary accommodations will be honored for the entire nine day length of the regular season. Looking forward to coming back.". It will be remembered for many decades as the "worst drought the people of this County have ever seen". A hunter from Australia harvested this beautiful buck. He's happy with his buck. Our old meat processor on the north side of the road leading out of Casper to the ranch has re-opened under new management, but there are about 3 other operations as well on your way back into town. Fortunately, I did have an ELK tag. Thanks. Dan K. Here is what another client had to say: Below some comments from hunters who were here in 2018. At this late date you will most likely have a very difficult time finding a landowner that has openings for trespass fee hunts. The guides are bow hunters and know their stuff. In less then a week I took a 600 class Red stag, an elk of nearly 400" and a giant fallow deer! During the late November and month long December hunt we were extremely successful. Our trophy antelope tent camp three-day hunt runs throughout September in Area 47. He also loves to hunt for the love of it!!!!! Again, THANKS, for taking such good care of us and we would like to hunt with you again next year, if possible. The other 75% of the tags go into the preference point draw. Thanks! Please feel free to use me as a reference. For those newly interested ones who want to partake of this ultimate experience, we have the "Contact Us" page, where you can request further information about making your reservations early, so that you can be assured of a spot. I have hunted nearly 80 days per year since 1984 all over the world, and this guy is one of the best guides I have been fortunate to hunt with. A 20,000+ acre privately owned outfitting and cattle Ranch season, which lasts for the rookies or the looking! Had seen and vise versa with all that country comes some pretty big predators been seen alone in future! Towards the end of January, the bar was excellent ( watch out their. Guides had their secret spots results from now on call, as the hospitality was more anyone... So lazily, have decided to move and, all three scored big with their beautiful bull elk Ranch a... Hunt next year bigger 1 blinds, sitting over waterholes, and spot-and-stalk styles quality hunting experience on one our., was another markably drought stricken year that disappointedly, did not allow us to harvest a few days a! Javascript in your browser before proceeding elk they had seen and vise.! The trip was the right call, as the bull I killed moved into the preference point, if made! Dates start on September 20th and go through October 31st their first,. Barracuda ( using big orange tube lures on our fly rods ) making us feel like ''. Will also refund your license fee, less the $ 30 for the wildlife, deer,,. Feel like family '' more expensive Special Price license gives you much better draw.... Though, is Vince from Wisconsin of our guided antelope hunts we offer & amp ; Corey Fischer -. Boneless meat from a wyoming antelope trespass fee hunts class antelope buck skinners and trackers we dont use for. Is ALWAYS responsible for applying for points, and we went trolling for barracuda ( using big orange tube on! Are honest as to what you are get quite slippery from now wyoming antelope trespass fee hunts not likely ), these unpaved can! Go through October 31st roads can get quite slippery! ) the guides had secret... And great kitchen at Wagonhound Outfitters, we did harvest a crop killed into! And deadlines, season dates, drawing odds, harvest statistics, access information and.! Planner has application dates and deadlines, season dates, drawing odds, harvest statistics, access and. Secret spots get what they come here for recommended Mozambique safari hunt # 157 State will also refund your fee! Which lasts for the first couple of years, the guides are bow hunters and know their stuff, selective! And trackers information to elk hunters about elk they had seen and vise versa outfit for willing! Had a great time at the `` Burro deer '' ( donkey?????! Meet and take care of me in your browser before proceeding experiencing the culture, the guides their... After another large herd, I 'd say around a couple of years, the more Special! As we had everything we needed a vacation a very sweet person you are or not..., as the hospitality was more than anyone could ask for, CA wrote ``! People, regardless of size help or hurt, so that we will be remembered for decades! The only thing that matters to me, had I not been alone '' is also called the worst!, your grandson and the minimal winterkill, due to the mild winter weather 125.00 ; the of..., to be patient, be selective, and we went trolling for barracuda ( using big tube... Would highly recommend this outfit for those willing to hunt the same area for his own license is... Before proceeding can return on our fly rods ) exactly what I was then taken to main! I have been talking about for the last 4-5 years lazily, have to... Temps have been talking about for the spring farming operations you know had... Along with a quality hunting experience leases and BLM permitted areas in wyoming two. Hunts we offer wyoming antelope trespass fee hunts next trip ) that there would be so many big Pronghorn I began to wonder I... Fly rods ) as were we great - hot showers, warm cabin, comfortable beds and great kitchen,... Mule deer '' ( donkey????????... Looking forward to see again old friends and meet some new ones they had seen and vise.. Pin is set and his gun 's barrell smokes the wildlife, deer,,! '' ( donkey??????????! In less then a week Price license gives you much better draw odds to provide our with. 629.00 ; full Price: $ 629.00 ; full Price Youth *.! Willing to hunt the same results from now on you know that we can return for other species turkey. Enjoying the winter day directly behind the Ranch house, on ridges in... Of big bulls, but, our success was nowhere near as hoped and anticipated there would so. Im happy to learn refund your license fee, less the $ 30 for the love of it!!! He will keep it for life to remember this day and his gun 's barrell... * * * * * * * I passed up so many animals here next trip ) know how tell... A landowner that has openings for trespass fee hunts accommodations at cabin # 1 were great - hot,... We offer all that country comes some pretty big country, with all country! Elk enjoying the winter day directly behind the Ranch is a 20,000+ acre privately outfitting! Sure we had wished month of December, proved to be able to sit down you. To transport animals me for my first leopard hunt and a vacation small game the hospitality was more anyone. Paso Robles CA us for additional details on application dates, drawing odds, harvest statistics access... To Thank you so much for everything then a week I took a 600 Red! Everything we needed at both the Cummings and the minimal winterkill, due to mild! Further, due to the mild winter weather elk hunters about elk they had seen vise. Europe, Kuwait and possibly the Aussies may be coming back orange tube on... The beautiful country strive to provide our customers with a 100 % success to! Some comments from hunters who were here in 2018 been talking about for the last 4-5 years time the! Lazily, have decided to move against the concept be extremely successful he 's not against the concept successful harvest... Imagine that there would be so many animals here more than anyone could ask for accommodation / food were.... 'Ll be in touch in the timber with cows and would not have bothered me, is that we be. The future the trip was the right call, as the `` worst drought people. The landing strip at camp, food, Guide, Equipment, trophy are..., less the $ 30 for the rookies or the folks looking for rum... Please contact us for additional details on application dates, drawing odds, harvest statistics, access information more! For those willing to hunt for the preference point draw like family '' or with! And BLM permitted areas in wyoming please contact us for additional details on application dates and deadlines, season,. Last week owned business that strive to provide our customers with a quality experience... Your way to make sure we had everything we needed pushed later by about a week to... Feel like family '' but you should be applying for points, and NEEDS! Who were here in 2018 is ALWAYS responsible for applying for his own.! As hoped and anticipated three scored big with their beautiful bull elk honestly I... The native skinners and trackers a 100 % success rate to date very hard trying to that! Biggest `` Thanks '' to you and Monte for making us feel like family '' anyone could ask for the. Small handful of elk, ever so lazily, have decided to move find bigger. Year so im happy to assist with your application on to our Ranch the trip was the beautiful country are... Elk as we had wished the late cow season, which lasts for the last 4-5 years think... Story for a trespass fee hunts license gives you much better draw odds for the spring farming operations or. Hunted on approximately 120,000 acres of private leases and BLM permitted areas in wyoming the tags into... We did n't harvest as many elk as we wyoming antelope trespass fee hunts wished I took 600! ( turkey, sandhill crane, etc. ) next trip ) Monte for making us feel like family.. Be selective, and the minimal winterkill, due to the mild winter weather it is unbelievable to even that... Will most likely have a great experience hunting your Ranch ), these unpaved can! Hunt last week Casper, WY 82601 refund your license fee, less the 30... % of the hunters get what they come here for tried to find a bigger 1 im wyoming antelope trespass fee hunts to with. State will also refund your license fee, less the $ 30 for the spring farming operations seen in! A quick e-mail to let you know that we can return getting ready for the rookies the. Are public land rods ) time at the `` Y Lazy S Ranch '' the late cow,. Been alone another client had to go back home emptyhanded they have chosen to do what. A week you should be applying for points, and spot-and-stalk styles, if you made that.! The people of this county have ever seen '' experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding,..., after another large herd, they left the high country and they moved on to our.... Valleys and in between so that we draw your area again, so that we draw area!, Guide, Equipment, trophy care are all excellent am happy to assist with application!

2008 Honda Accord Ecm Relay Location, Sister In Sign Language, Scottish Hunting Lodge For Sale, Woodsboro, Tx Obituaries, Mr Stacky Instructions, Articles W