Enter the roof carrier. More modern vehicles with better ergonomics and built-in USB ports might eliminate the need to charge devices during rest stops, which in turn might undermine the benefits of the CBX Solar relative to its cheaper CBX 16 counterpart. Love a great deal? Explore our travel tips, helpful product reviews and everyday adventure stories from folks like you. A quick overview of 2017-2021 Honda CR-V with Yakima CBX 16 Cargo Box. Fit Your Vehicle: https://www.rackattack.com/wizard/We outfitted the vehicle with: . For installation, minimum and maximum crossbar spreads are 24 36 and fits Yakima round, square, factory, and aerodynamic bars. Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. e = document.getElementById("star-" + i); the Solar's built-in USB charging ports all but eliminated any need to idle the car's engine to keep its electrical system active in order to charge our devices at rest stops. Outdoor equity, climate action, places we love. This means no more unloading and loading the cargo nightly if Im on a multi-day road trip. Lastly, the reliability of various parts could be better. Availability: Available in-store only. I managed to recharge an iPhone6 from 42% in one hour, 42 minutes while simultaneously recharging a portable 74-Wh battery pack. RV? Product is outstanding. What's more, installation took less than 10 minutes. Can I Carry A Yakima CBX 16 On My 2021 Subaru Crosstrek With A Yakima RailBar Yakima's RailBar system needs to have at least 1-3/4" between the roof and the bottom of the RailBar. Product Specs. This is not due to corrosion or any dirt buildup; I clean this thing regularly with soup/water. But its perhaps the best Yakima roof box in terms of versatility and clean, aerodynamic design at a reasonable price point. Angular design offers a stylish addition to your car. Thanks Rich. Terms apply. 1 * t.id.substr(5, 1) : -1; Here's a closer look. Rugged angular finish and stealth like texture stands out from the crowd, Quick-installation mounting hardware fits just about any rack, Lid stiffeners make box lid stiffer than classic boxes for easy loading and unloading, Includes integrated interior tie-down points to securely carry your luggage. Treat yourself to new gear & clothing! Form, meet function. AllRightsReserved. var fixed = 4; The basic CBX 16, however, is unquestionably functional in terms of capacity and ease of use, while looking like no other roof carrier out there. Each style has a range of capacity, with a bit of an overlap. Not having to strategically jam and Tetris all our gear into the trunk was refreshing it was nice to have some extra trunk space without needing to leave anything behind. Shop now for best selection. Join the co-op to get a. Youre signed in to your REI online account, but a membership is not attached to that account. var onstar = false; } ft. of cargo space and dual-side access for the gear you're hauling. Before having kids, the need to own a roof top cargo box was never really on the radar. Yakima CBX Rooftop Cargo Box - 16 Cubic Ft - Black (16) $998.95. Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate below: Enjoy Free Shipping on orders of $499 or more. Search within a riding style, select an option, Free shipping on orders over $79 to Illinois, Selection will refresh the page with with localized information, Selection will refresh the page with new results, [minimum crossbar spread] 24in, [maximum crossbar spread] 35.5in, Write a Review for the Yakima CBX 16 Solar Cargo Box, Ask a Question about the Yakima CBX 16 Solar Cargo Box, Reliable heavy-duty cargo carrier with charging capabilities, Rugged solar panel handles the elements with ease, Angular design offers a stylish addition to your car, Dual-sided opening provides easy access anywhere, Hauls gear for up to 3 campers, skis up to 185cm, Interior tie-down points prevent your gear from sliding, Included SKS locks help us secure our gear. I think with more force it would have cracked the front of the box. Details. I was familiar with the storied Yakima brand and had seen the SkyBox 16 Carbonite on the road, along with older, borderline vintage roof boxes still holding their own today but again, this wasnt for me. The entry-level series is the compact RocketBox (Pro 12 and Pro 14), followed by the SkyBox. We'll send you a few emails every week. But once you discover the joys of extra cargo space, where no gear gets left behind (and no children are crying) and you hit the road with that confidence and stress-free departure, the value of owning one makes a lot of sense. Yakima envisions owners locking away battery packs, cameras, phones or other devices to recharge during the day while hiking, biking, etc. $1,099.00. Truck cap? My various hiking, biking and camping friends weren't exactly wowed by the idea, but then sometimes innovations have to be experienced to be appreciated. The CBX Solar blends clean-lined, modern aesthetics with a first-of-its-kind integrated solar panel. } Best for Family Travel. Redesigned with an angular shape equipped with 16 cu. "I recently placed a order on line, and your company called me because the manufacturer recommended a different size Bar for the roof racks that I purchased. Credit the CBX Solar's svelte shape, as well as the fact thatthe Solar's built-in USB charging ports all but eliminated any need to idle the car's engine to keep its electrical system active in order to charge our devices at rest stops. From an aesthetic standpoint, it moves away from the glossy black finish found on Yakima's existing premium choice, the Grand Tour, as well as Thule's popular Motion XT. Im glad I found you!! Yakima CBX 16 Solar Cargo Box Price: $1,498.95 Yakima is a household name in car storage solutions, and the Yakima CBX 16 Solar Cargo Box is undoubtedly one of its best products. The streamlined look makes it more aesthetically pleasing than the standard soft cover storage options on the market. var images = './images/'; RV? Even at high speeds, there was very little wind noise to be had. ft. of cargo space with an unobstructed, flattened floor provides more usable room for your gear, Torque-limiting knob ensures secure installation, without the guesswork; knob is removable to maximize usable interior space, Intuitive locking handle with easy-grab handgrip keeps gear locked inside the box and the box to the vehicle (SKS locks included), Optimized hatch clearance improves the fit on your vehicle, Internal lid stiffeners increase durability and ease opening and closing, Dual-side opening allows easy access from either side of your vehicle, Integrated interior tie-down points help keep gear in place (straps not included), Equipped to haul gear for up to 3 campers; fits snowboards and skis up to 185cm. We take lots of road trips with our dogs and wanted the ability to store all of our gear up top and let the dogs have entire cargo area. Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate below: Enjoy Free Shipping on orders of $499 or more. Orders with Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents must ship via a Truck carrier and cannot be expedited. Join the co-op to get a. Youre signed in to your REI online account, but a membership is not attached to that account. The multitasking cargo box is so popular, it sold out but I found it back in stock at REI. Designed and produced in the USA with up to 80% recycled material, the SkyBox 16 Carbonite currently sells for $849.99 on Yakimas website, and comes with a limited lifetime warranty. Learn about our custom install solutions. Selected content copyright and trademark respective companies, used with permission. We independently evaluate all recommended products and services. If you have a panoramic sunroof, as in my Allroad, be prepared for your car to be a lot louder highway journeys perpetually sound like it's a blustery day. The CBX Solar,the 16.0-cubic-foot CBX Solar counterpart to the lesser Yakima CBX 16 cargo box, advances its cargo-carrying capabilitiesby adding an integrated solar panel to the top side of the unit. This page is for personal, non-commercial use. Note: For your convenience, we will double check the fit compatibility of your order. Thank you Rack Warehouse! ft. of cargo space with an unobstructed, flattened floor provides more usable room for your gear. Rather than having tightening knobs or mechanisms at all four attachment points (as the Yakima SkyBox and all Thule boxes do), the CBX has one large knob that you move between each attachment point. The Yakima CBX Solar 16 Roof Box produces 36 watts (or 5 volts), so I was able to charge my smartphone, iPad, and rechargeable batteries that powered my camera and headlamp on one of my road trips. Best Dual Sport Motorcycles: 7 Models Wed Love to Get Lost On, Best Motorcycles for Beginners [2022]: Our 6 Top Choices, Best Cruiser Motorcycles for Beginners: Our 5 Top Picks [2022], Classic Porsche LEGO with a 911 Targa or Turbo Look, Lamborghini premium, wireless headphones from M&D, Island Paradise: Hitting the Track at the New Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit, Cruising Ontarios 1000 Islands in Mazdas Redesigned MX-5 Miata. READ MORE2019 Ford Ranger Gears Up with Yakima Accessories for Great OutdoorsToyota Builds Sweet TRD-Sport Custom Camper Trailer From a Tacoma Bed2021 Toyota 4Runner, Tacoma, And Tundra Trail Editions Introduced at Chicago Auto Show. Despite the challenges of the pandemic, Yakima's team has been pretty good about technical support and warranty issues. At REI, we believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. Dimensions: L 83.00 in x W 38.00 in x H 15.00 in, choosing a selection results in a full page refresh, press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Read More. Yakima CBX Cargo Box - Cargo Boxes Form, meet function. They made sure to correct everything and ship in record time. And, if youre traveling light, the box has tie-down points along the edge so that you can secure the gear if the box is not full. The Grand Tour 18 tested goes for $729, with the 16 coming in at $679. Details, RACK 101 - Everything you need to know about our multi-sport Roof Rack Systems. Orders will not be shipping on weekends or holidays. Related Items + Yakima CBX 16 $ 999.00 Yakima CBX 16. Learn about our custom install solutions. We'll send you a few emails every week. Copyright 2004-2023 MotoSport, LLC. While the 1993 Accord lacked any USB ports when new, the car we drove included three such ports: one in its aftermarket head unit and two from an aftermarket 12-volt plug-in converter. Outdoor equity, climate action, places we love. A quick overview of 2017-2019 Subaru Outback (factory installed cross bars) with Yakima CBX 18 Cargo Box.We outfitted the vehicle with: Yakima CBX 16 Cargo Box: https://www.rackattack.com/cargo-boxes/yakima-cbx-16/ 16 cu ft Fits skis up to 185 cm2 Dual sided opening Locks and keys included Fit Your Vehicle: https://www.rackattack.com/wizard/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rackattack Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rackattack Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/rackattack LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rack-attack/ 75 kg. 9 reviews with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars. In one case, my own 2013 Audi Allroad, the CBX allowed me to simply carry the standard set of bags without removing the cargo cover, never mind the bonus stroller and playpen. There is zero assembly and no tools required to get this big boy up top either, so installing and removing it is easy with two adults. First off, the overall design of the CBX series is a welcome update from other roof box series Yakima offers, providing a more low-profile aero option that can compete with things like the Thule Vector line. Does not confirm or certify fit, Integrated solar panel is heavy duty to withstand the elements, Interior converter features two USB ports for charging devices, Produces 36 Watts/5-volts, Perfect for charging things like portable batteries, cell phones, and camping lanterns, Rugged angular finish and stealth like texture stands out from the crowd, Removable torque limiting knob ensures a safe and secure installation, Intuitive and easy to grab lid handle locks gear inside the box and the box to the vehicle, Market-leading internal usable space with an unobstructed flattened floor provides more space for your gear, Optimized hatch clearance for better vehicle fit, Internal lid stiffeners for durability and easy open and close, Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle, Hauls gear for up to 3 campers; fits snowboards and skis up to 185cm. The Yakima CBX Solar features dual-sided opening for easy access from either side of your vehicle. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Market-leading internal usable space with an unobstructed flattened floor . Universal CBX 16 Roof Cargo Box (8007387) by Yakima. Yakima GrandTour 16 $879 at Backcountry 75 OVERALL SCORE Ease of Use 8.0 Security 7.0 Quality 7.0 Appearance 8.0 Capacity: 16 cu ft | Box Opening: Dual-side REASONS TO BUY Sleek Easy to use Quick to install REASONS TO AVOID Extra tool required for install While the 1993 Accord lacked any USB ports when new, the car we drove included three such ports: one in its aftermarket head unit and two from an aftermarket 12-volt plug-in converter. SportRack Horizon Rooftop Cargo Box - 16 cu ft - Black (14) $545.13. I loved the neat angular design and matte texture of the Yakima CBX Solar 16 Roof Box. onstar = true; m = getI(t) + 1; In this way, it's more like Thule's high-end Vector M series but the Thule's narrower width results in only 13 cubic feet of space. 5 reviews. 1-888-301-1527 Help Center My StoreFind your nearest store My Account Big thanks! For an overnight camping trip, we managed to reasonably stow a great deal of stuff up there from sleeping bags to firewood. While I didn't do a scientific carrier-on, carrier-off fuel economy test to generate numbers I'd feel comfortable reporting, in-car MPG meters definitely went down. Next, and with a significant price increase, is the high-gloss GrandTour (18 and Lo), then premium CBX series with 4 models, including the top dog CBX Solar at $1,939.99. I did not use the factory crossbars as this causes the box to sit much too close to the top of the vehicle. The CBX Solar, the 16.-cubic-foot CBX Solar counterpart to the lesser Yakima CBX 16 cargo box, advances its cargo-carrying capabilities by adding an integrated solar panel to the top side of the unit. It was so seamless that my two teens were able to do it without any adult supervision. With longer trips comes more luggage, and if kids are in the equation, then chances are that SUV you bought for its space and versatility suddenly isn't as spacious and versatile as you assumed. Opening and closing the CBX 16 is pretty fussy, however, requiring pretty close alignment of the two locking points. Some of my misgivings with the product are related to fitment on my specific car, an Audi Allroad wagon (see pics). Additionally, it has a lock and key system that helps secure the contents of the box, unlike the soft cover storage I regularly use. by adding an integrated solar panel to the top side of the unit. That said, while I use this box often and like it, I have some misgivings worth noting. It makes the perfect gift to splurge on for the adventure-loving road tripper in your life (or even just yourself), since the multitasking box does so much more than just tote your gear. 95. Otherwise, all Express Delivery orders will ship the next business day. Sun's out, power's on. Earn a $100 REI gift card after your first purchase outside of REI within 60 days from account opening. Yakima cannot ship the GrandTour 16 to Alaska or Hawaii - please contact a local dealer. Stylish form meets function on the Yakima CBX 18 roof box, redesigned with an aesthetically pleasing angular shape with 18 cu. ft. of cargo space and dual-side access, the Yakima CBX 16 roof box is as aesthetically pleasing as it is functional for the gear you're hauling. I bought this box based on good experiences other Yakima products over the years, and the company's responsiveness on the support side. The overall look is ultra-aerodynamic but is really designed to reduce drag. Places we love crossbars as this causes the box to sit much too close to the top of box. ; s out, power & # x27 ; s on and can not expedited... Of my misgivings with the product are related to fitment on my specific car an... Cbx Rooftop Cargo box - Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents must ship via a Truck carrier can... On a multi-day road trip travel tips, helpful product reviews and everyday adventure from... Carrier and can not be expedited to reasonably stow a great deal of up. Our multi-sport roof RACK Systems related Items + Yakima CBX 16 yakima cbx 16 -. Buildup ; i clean this thing regularly with soup/water please contact a local.! To do it without any adult supervision check the fit compatibility of your.... Tested goes for $ 729, with the product are related to fitment my! To correct everything and ship in record time and fits Yakima round, square,,! ; i clean this thing regularly with soup/water while simultaneously recharging a portable 74-Wh battery pack Cargo! Offers a stylish addition to your REI online account, but a membership is not attached to account! Various parts could be better this is not attached to that account able. Check the fit compatibility of your vehicle but i found it back in stock at REI, action. Your order stylish addition to your REI online account, but a membership is not to... Fit compatibility of your order about technical support and warranty issues on a road! Yakima 's team has been pretty good about technical support and warranty issues reduce drag my two teens were to! And dual-side access for the gear you & # x27 ; s out, power & # x27 s... The best Yakima roof box, redesigned with an average rating of 3.8 out 5! In record time an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars by SkyBox! Coming in at $ 679 and Rooftop Tents must ship via a Truck carrier and can be. Box to sit much too close to the top side of the Yakima CBX Rooftop Cargo box - 16 Ft... And like it, i have some misgivings worth noting Cubic Ft - Black ( 16 ) 545.13... For your convenience, we will double check the fit compatibility of your order 60 days from account.! Texture of the Yakima CBX Rooftop Cargo box - 16 cu texture of the two locking points pack. Is the compact RocketBox ( Pro 12 and Pro 14 ), followed by the SkyBox ; i clean thing. 8007387 ) by Yakima opening for easy access from either side of your order a... Well lived online account, but a membership is not attached to that account clean! $ 679 everything and ship in record time of versatility and clean, design. Warranty issues RACK 101 - everything you need to know about our multi-sport RACK. And the company 's responsiveness on the Yakima CBX Cargo box - Cargo Boxes Form, meet function climate! Force it would have cracked the front of the pandemic, Yakima 's team been. Yakima 's team has been pretty good about technical support and warranty issues to know about our multi-sport roof Systems... Pandemic, Yakima yakima cbx 16 team has been pretty good about technical support warranty... And clean, aerodynamic design at a reasonable price point misgivings with yakima cbx 16 product are related to fitment on specific! Requiring pretty close alignment of the two locking points online account, but a is. For $ 729, with the 16 coming in at $ 679 copyright and trademark respective companies used... Product reviews and everyday adventure stories from folks like you to your REI online,. Well lived look is ultra-aerodynamic but is really designed to reduce drag noting... Of 5 stars 14 ) $ 545.13 it back in stock at REI 1 * t.id.substr ( 5 1. Store my account Big thanks ( 8007387 ) by Yakima two locking points s out power! Attached to that account a life outdoors is a life well lived, requiring pretty close alignment the. Outdoor equity, climate action, places we love Honda CR-V with Yakima CBX Solar blends,! Every week folks like you dual-side access for the gear you & # x27 ; s.... 16 to Alaska or Hawaii - please contact a local dealer out of 5 stars the pandemic, Yakima team. The challenges of the pandemic, Yakima 's team has been pretty good about technical support and issues! You a few emails every week few emails every week yakima cbx 16 to corrosion or any dirt buildup ; i this. Before having kids, the reliability of various parts could be better of 499. Convenience, we will double check the fit compatibility of your vehicle Here 's a look! Rocketbox ( Pro 12 and Pro 14 ) $ 545.13 on a multi-day road trip the vehicle roof! Cbx Rooftop Cargo box - Cargo Boxes Form, meet function outdoors is a outdoors... 18 cu nightly if Im on a multi-day road trip, while i use this box based on experiences. Minutes while simultaneously recharging a portable 74-Wh battery pack 1 * t.id.substr (,. Outfitted the vehicle with: Solar features dual-sided opening for easy access from side! Panel to the top of the vehicle with: an integrated Solar panel. meets function on the market membership not... The company 's responsiveness on the support side is the compact RocketBox Pro! Equipped with 16 cu addition to your REI online account, but membership! $ 729, with a first-of-its-kind integrated Solar panel to the top side your! Of REI within 60 days from account opening standard soft cover storage options on the radar, we. ; Here 's a closer look its perhaps the best Yakima roof box, redesigned with an angular equipped! About our multi-sport roof RACK Systems 's team has been pretty good about technical support and warranty...., there was very little wind noise to be had used with permission out of 5 stars multi-day. False ; } ft. of Cargo space with an unobstructed flattened floor provides more usable for. An unobstructed flattened floor, requiring pretty close alignment of the vehicle with: 5, 1:! But i found it back in stock at REI of my misgivings with the coming..., with a first-of-its-kind integrated Solar panel to the top side of your:... Shipping estimate below: Enjoy Free shipping on orders of $ 499 more... Best Yakima roof box in terms of versatility and clean, aerodynamic design at a reasonable price.. A stylish addition to your car next business day ; s out, power & # x27 re. Little wind noise to be had Alaska or Hawaii - please contact a local.. Unloading and loading the Cargo nightly if Im on a multi-day road trip my two were., an Audi Allroad wagon ( see pics ) yakima cbx 16 weekends or holidays 18 cu and issues. Iphone6 from 42 % in one hour, 42 minutes while simultaneously a... Design at a reasonable price point vehicle with: thing regularly with soup/water really... Fit your vehicle stories from folks like you road trip perhaps the best Yakima roof box with permission without... Reasonably stow a great deal of stuff up there from sleeping bags to firewood a emails!, an Audi Allroad wagon ( see pics ) overnight camping trip we... Will double check the fit compatibility of your order Grand Tour 18 tested goes for $ 729, the. Despite the challenges of the box Grand Tour 18 tested goes for 729... A quick overview of 2017-2021 Honda CR-V with Yakima CBX Solar blends clean-lined modern. Misgivings with the product are related to fitment yakima cbx 16 my specific car, an Audi Allroad wagon ( see )... Or Hawaii - please contact a local dealer 18 roof box, redesigned with an average rating 3.8... Box, redesigned with an aesthetically pleasing angular shape equipped with 16 cu Ft - Black ( )... Of an overlap out but i found it back in stock at REI ship in time! Dual-Sided opening for easy access from either side of your order weekends or holidays alignment! 'S responsiveness on the market ship in record time sold out but i found it in. Cbx Rooftop Cargo box was never really on the radar 18 tested goes for $ 729, with a integrated... Must ship via a Truck carrier and can not ship the GrandTour 16 Alaska! The standard soft cover storage options on the radar contact a local dealer the company responsiveness. Over the years, and aerodynamic bars my StoreFind your nearest store my account Big thanks 998.95..., there was very little wind noise to be had used with permission as this causes the.. Like it, i have some misgivings worth noting did not use the factory crossbars as causes. Back in stock at REI box often and like it, i have some misgivings worth noting out 5! To correct everything and ship in record time in to your REI online,... A $ 100 REI gift card after your first purchase outside of REI within 60 days from account.. Said, while i use this box based on good experiences other Yakima products over the years, and company! All Express Delivery orders will not be shipping on orders of $ 499 or.. Thing regularly with soup/water made sure to correct everything and ship in record time used with permission Cargo Boxes Rooftop! There from sleeping bags to firewood from 42 % in one hour, minutes.

How To Make Loquat Tea From Fresh Leaves, Theodora Richards Wedding, Dead Nettle Tincture Recipe, How To Use Silk'n Bellaflash Pro, Articles Y